2 millions de
personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais...
Cliquez ici !
Lire cet extrait
Plan du site
Signaler un bug
Traduire cet extrait
Lien sur votre site
> Publicités :
> Partenaires :
-Nos autres sites
| |Apprendre l'anglais > Cours & exercices d'anglais > Exercices d'anglais > test d'anglais n°14307 : Idiomes et expressions idiomatiques
Idiomes et expressions idiomatiques
- A little bird told me
- If someone doesn't want to say where they got some information from, they can say that a little bird told them.
- A penny for your thoughts
- This idiom is used as a way of asking someone what they are thinking about.
- A penny saved is a penny earned
- This means that we shouldn't spend or waste money, but try to save it.
- A pretty penny
- If something costs a pretty penny, it is very expensive.
- Accident waiting to happen
- If something is an accident waiting to happen, there's definitely going to be an accident or it's bound to go wrong.('Disaster waiting to happen' is also used.)
- Add fuel to the fire
- If people add fuel to the fire, they make a bad situation worse.
- Ahead of the pack
- If you are ahead of the pack, you have made more progress than your rivals.
- Albatross around your neck
- An albatross around, or round, your neck is a problem resulting from something you did that stops you from being successful.
- Alike as two peas
- If people or things are as alike as two peas, they are identical.
- All along
- If you have known or suspected something all along, then you have felt this from the beginning.
- All ears
- If someone says they're all ears, they are very interested in hearing about something.
- All fingers and thumbs
- If you're all fingers and thumbs, you are too excited or clumsy to do something properly that requires manual dexterity.'All thumbs' is an alternative form of the idiom.
- Don't come back on this when you have begun the test.
Fin de l'exercice d'anglais "Idiomes et expressions idiomatiques"
Un exercice d'anglais gratuit pour apprendre l'anglais. (tags: expression )
Tous les exercices | Plus de cours et d'exercices d'anglais sur le même thème : Proverbes
Fiches de grammaire anglaise | Documents audios/vidéos en anglais | CREER UN TEST