Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed
Message de here4u posté le 09-01-2016 à 12:54:12 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear friends, hardworkers, and future volunteers ...

Here we are, well in 2016, now... This new exercise is definitely a
My suggestions will be posted on Wednesday, the 20th of January. You'll notice that I got back into the good habit of revising again, and again... (Don't forget that you're perfectly free to do whatever part of the work you need or want...)

I) Translate into English:
A) Il est difficile d'admettre qu'il y a de nombreuses façons de dire et faire les choses. Le plus souvent, chacun est convaincu que sa méthode est la meilleure et essaie de persuader les autres de l'imiter ...

B) Je ne déteste pas attendre ! Au contraire, j'aime cela .... et regarder les inconnus m’intéresse ! Essayer de mettre une histoire sur un visage, une mimique, une posture, est assez amusant, mais la plupart du temps malaisé car les apparences sont, bien sûr, trompeuses.

C) Les personnes attachées aux habitudes m'énervent. Vouloir reproduire la même méthode pour avoir le même résultat, même si l'on admet s'être trompé, simplement parce que c'est plus facile de ne rien changer empêche tout progrès personnel et souvent collectif. J'aime la souplesse et l'adaptabilité, deux caractéristiques (- oserais-je dire « deux qualités » - ) qui, j’en suis ravie, sont très anglo-saxonnes ...

II) Translate into French:
« I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention - invention, in my opinion arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble. That is the big secret that has brought us down the years, from chipping flints to switching on the washing-up machine.
The position of women, over the years, has definitely changed for the worse. We, women have behaved like mugs. We have clamoured to be allowed to work as men work. Men, not being fools, have taken kindly to the idea. Why support a wife? What’s wrong with a wife supporting herself? She wants to do it. By Golly, she can go on doing it!”
Agatha Christie, Autobiography, 1977.
(J'espère qu'Agatha Christie me pardonnera d'avoir rajouté une virgule pour "éclaircir" son propos ...)

III) Bonus: On reprend les bonnes habitudes … Réviser les exercices Forum N° 21- 22 - 23 :
Lien internet

Lien internet

Lien internet

1. Ce livre vaut la peine d’être lu. Il est 3 fois plus épais qu’un livre ordinaire, mais on le lit d’une seule traite …
2. Tu fais bien d’emporter ton propre ordinateur. C'est une bonne précaution pour le cas où l ‘école n’en fournirait pas.
3. Quand tu auras terminé la lecture de cette nouvelle, je voudrais que tu fasses une étude d’un extrait de ton choix.

Vous êtes gâtés, non ? Eh ! Bon courage à tous ! THE FORCE is here !

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de maxwell, postée le 10-01-2016 à 11:26:07 (S | E)
FINISHED.
Indeed, you have really spoiled us again

A) It's hard to admit that there are many ways to say and do things. Most often, each one is convinced that his own method is the best one and tries to talk the others into doing the same.
B) I do not hate waiting ! On the contrary, I like that... and looking at strangers is of interest to me ! Trying to imagine a story about a face, a funny face, a posture is rather entertaining, but most often difficult, as appearances are, of course, deceptive.
C) People attached to their habits annoy me. Wanting to reproduce the same method to get the same result, even though acknowledging it has been a mistake, simply because it's easier not to change, prevents any personal and often collective progress. I like flexibility and adaptability, two features - dare I say "two qualities"- which I'm glad are very Anglo-Saxon

« Je ne pense pas que la nécessité soit mère de l'invention - l'invention, à mon avis, résulte directement de l'oisiveté, peut-être aussi de la fainéantise. Dans le but de s'épargner des désagréments. Voilà le grand secret qui nous a conduit jusqu'ici à travers les siècles, depuis la taille des silex, à la mise en marche du lave-vaisselle.
La place des femmes, au fil des ans, s'est sans aucun doute déteriorée. Nous, les femmes, nous sommes comportées comme des imbéciles. Nous avons clamé haut et fort le droit de travailler comme les hommes.
Les hommes, n'étant pas idiots, ont gentiment accepté l'idée. Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins d'une épouse ? Qu'y a-t-il de mal à ce qu'une épouse subvienne à ses propres besoins ? C'est elle qui le veut. Bon sang, elle peut continuer !"

III)
1. This book is worth reading. It is three times as thick as an ordinary book but it is a read-in-one-sitting one.
2. You do right to take your own computer away with you. It's a good precaution in case you shouldn't be provided one at school.
3. When you have finished reading this short story, I'd like you to study an extract of your choice.

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de here4u, postée le 10-01-2016 à 19:06:43 (S | E)
I know you didn't expect any less from me to you all!

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de taiji43, postée le 11-01-2016 à 12:01:13 (S | E)

Happy New year to everybody
Dear Here4u thank you for these enthralling difficulties

You can correct my try (thank you)

) Translate into English:
A) Il est difficile d'admettre qu'il y a de nombreuses façons de dire et faire les choses. Le plus souvent, chacun est convaincu que sa méthode est la meilleure et essaie de persuader les autres de l’imiter..
It’s difficult to admit that there are so many ways to say and to do things. Most often, everyone is convinced that his own method is the best one and tries to persuade the others to imitate ourself./ others to be imitated by them.(I don't know if this new sentence is better than the previous one????)

B) Je ne déteste pas attendre ! Au contraire, j'aime cela .... et regarder les inconnus m’intéresse ! Essayer de mettre une histoire sur un visage, une mimique, une posture, est assez amusant, mais la plupart du temps malaisé car les apparences sont, bien sûr, trompeuses.

I don’t hate waiting for! On the contrary, I like that… and looking at unknown person, it interests me! Trying to imagine any story concerning a face, a gesture, a posture, is quite funny, but most of the time difficult as appearances are of course often misleading

C) Les personnes attachées aux habitudes m'énervent. Vouloir reproduire la même méthode pour avoir le même résultat, même si l'on admet s'être trompé, simplement parce que c'est plus facile de ne rien changer empêche tout progrès personnel et souvent collectif. J'aime la souplesse et l'adaptabilité, deux caractéristiques (- oserais-je dire « deux qualités » - ) qui, j’en suis ravie, sont très anglo-saxonnes ...

People set in their ways are getting on my nerves. Wanting to reproduce the same method to get the same result, even though we acknowledge that we have been doing wrong, simply because it’s easier not to change anything, impedes any personal and often collective progress. I like flexibility and adaptability, two features -dare I say « two qualities », which I’m delighted are very Anglo-Saxon‘s…

« I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention -invention, in my opinion arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble. That is the big secret that has brought us down the years, from chipping flints to switching on the washing-up machine.
The position of women, over the years, has definitely changed for the worse. We, women have behaved like mugs. We have clamoured to be allowed to work as men work. Men, not being fools, have taken kindly to the idea. Why support a wife? What’s wrong with a wife supporting herself? She wants to do it. By Golly, she can go on doing it!”
(...)
My translation :

Je ne pense pas que la nécessité soit mère de l’invention. L’invention selon moi, résulte directement de l’oisiveté, peut-être aussi de la paresse. Pour nous éviter bien des ennuis. C’es indéniablement le grand secret qui nous a conduit au cours des années de tailler petit à petit le silex pour aboutir au bouton de démarrage de la machine à laver la vaisselle
La place des femmes au cours des années a sans aucun doute empiré. -. Nous les femmes, nous nous sommes comportées comme des imbéciles …Nous avons revendiqué d’être autorisé à travailler comme les hommes Les hommes n’étant pas des idiots , ont relevé gentiment l’idée. Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins d’une femme ? Où est le problème qu’une femme subvienne à ses propres besoins? Elle veut le faire. Ma foi, elle peut continuer à le faire !

III) Bonus: On reprend les bonnes habitudes … Réviser les exercices Forum N° 21- 22 - 23 :
1. Ce livre vaut la peine d’être lu. Il est 3 fois plus épais qu’un livre ordinaire, mais on le lit d’une seule traite …
This book is worth reading It is three times as thick as an ordinary book , but it is read in one sitting.

2. Tu fais bien d’emporter ton propre ordinateur. C'est une bonne précaution pour le cas où l ‘école n’en fournirait pas.
Good of you to take away your own computer with you. It is an essential precaution good idea in case the school shouldn’t provide you with it.

3. Quand tu auras terminé la lecture de cette nouvelle, je voudrais que tu fasses une étude d’un extrait de ton choix.
When you have finished reading this short story, I would like you to do a study of any try of your choosing

-------------------
Modifié par taiji43 le 12-01-2016 11:20

-------------------
Modifié par taiji43 le 12-01-2016 17:47

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de siren12, postée le 11-01-2016 à 13:30:11 (S | E)
Translate into English:
A) Il est difficile d'admettre qu'il y a de nombreuses façons de dire et faire les choses. Le plus souvent, chacun est convaincu que sa méthode est la meilleure et essaie de persuader les autres de l'imiter ...
It's hard to admit there are a lot of ways to say and do things. Most of the time, each one is convinced that his method is the best and tries to persuade others to imitate him...
-------------------
I don't hate waiting. On the opposite, I like it....and watching at unknowns interest me! Try to put a story on a face, a facial expression, a posture, is pretty funny, but very often difficult because appearances obviously can be deceptive.
--------------------

People attached to habits get on my nerves. Wanting to reproduce the same method to have the same result, even if we admit having made a mistake, simply because it's easier to change nothing, can't help any personal and often collective progress. I like flexibility and adaptability, two characteristics (-would I dare to say " two qualities "-) which, I am delighted, are very Anglo-Saxon's....
----------------------

« I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention - invention, in my opinion arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble. That is the big secret that has brought us down the years, from chipping flints to switching on the washing-up machine.
(J'espère qu'Agatha Christie me pardonnera d'avoir rajouté une virgule pour "éclaircir" son propos ...)
------------------
Je ne crois pas que la nécessité est le moteur de la créativité. L' invention à mon avis surgit directement de l'oisiveté, peut-être aussi de la paresse. S'éviter des tracas. Voila le grand secret qui nous a déprimé durant des années, depuis l'âge on l'on frottait le silex à celui de la mise en route de la machine à laver.
La situation des femmes, au fil du temps, a certainement empiré. Nous, les femmes, nous nous sommes conduites comme des imbéciles.
Nous avons réclamé, à cor et à cri, le droit de travailler, au même titre que les hommes. Les hommes, pas complètement fous, ont accepté l'idée avec bonté.
Pourquoi subvenir à une épouse? Qui a-t-il de mal à ce qu'une femme s'assume?
Elle veut s'assumer. Bon sang, qu'elle continue donc à le faire!

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de siren12, postée le 11-01-2016 à 13:40:37 (S | E)
Hello Here4u
I'm sorry, I clicked on the bottom too fast and forgot to say hello, good bye and obviously thank you for your great work.
Have a nice day and week.

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de jo06, postée le 12-01-2016 à 10:06:43 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Hello everybody.
This is my work, and it’s OK for me.

A) Il est difficile d'admettre qu'il y a de nombreuses façons de dire et faire les choses. Le plus souvent, chacun est persuadé que sa méthode est la meilleure et essaie de persuader les autres de l'imiter ...
It is difficult to admit that there is many ways to say and do things. More often than not, everyone is convinced that his own method is the best one and tries to persuade the others to imitate him.

I don’t hate waiting! On the contrary, I like that…and looking at strangers interests me! Trying to fit a story on a face, a mimic, a posture, is kind of fun, but most of the time it’s difficult because appearances are, of course, deceptive.

People who are attached to habits make me crazy. Wanting to repeat the same method in the purpose of getting the same result, even if they admit to be wrong, simply because it’s easier to change nothing, prevents personal progress and often collective one. I like flexibility and adaptability, two characteristics ( dare I say “two qualities” ) which, I am delighted, are Anglo-Saxon.

« Je ne pense pas que la nécessité soit la mère de l’invention – l’invention, à mon avis provient directement de l’oisiveté, probablement aussi de la fainéantise. Pour se prémunir des problèmes. C’est le grand secret qui nous a amené au fil des ans, de la taille du silex à la mise en marche du lave vaisselle.
La place des femmes au fil des ans, s’est certainement transformée pour le pire. Nous, femmes nous nous sommes comportées comme des idiotes. Nous avons revendiqué le droit de travailler comme les hommes. Les hommes, n’étant pas fou, ont accepté gentiment l’idée. Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins d’une femme ? Quel est le problème avec une femme qui se subvient à elle-même ? Elle veut le faire. Mince, qu’elle continue jusqu’au bout ».

III) Bonus:
This book is worth reading. It is 3 times as thick as an ordinary book, but it can be read in one breath.

You do right taking your own computer. It’s a good precaution in case the school wouldn’t supply with it.

When you have finished the reading of this short story, I would like you to make a study of an extract of your choice.

Thank you very much for this exercise.
I wish you a nice week

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de alpiem, postée le 13-01-2016 à 17:50:30 (S | E)
hello Here4u:

I)Translate into English:
A) It's hard to concede that there are many a way to say and to do things. In most cases each one of us is confident that his own method is the best one and each one will try and
talk the others into copying him.

B) I don't hate waiting! I rather like it......and looking at strangers is interesting.Trying to put a story upon a face, a mimic, a posture, is kind of fun but most often difficult because appearances are of course deceptive.

C) The persons who are attached to their habits upset me. Wanting to reuse the same method in order to get the same result just because It's easier not to change anything , even if
we aknowledge having made a mistake, keeps us from making any personal and often collective progress. I love flexibility and adaptability, two traits___"qualities" I dare say____which are so much Anglo-Saxon...

III)Bonus:
1.This book is worth reading It is three times as thick as an ordinary book but it can be read straight through without stopping.
2.It's good of you to bring around your personnal laptop. It's a good precaution in the case of the school should not provide it.
3.When you finish the read [ri:d] of this novel I would like you to do an essay of an extract of your choice.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 13-01-2016 22:51
Mise en forme standard

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de ronald1955, postée le 14-01-2016 à 15:45:15 (S | E)
Hello Here4u It's OK for me. You can correct it whenever you like.

A) Il est difficile d'admettre qu'il y a de nombreuses façons de dire et faire les choses. Le plus souvent, chacun est persuadé que sa méthode est la meilleure et essaie de persuader les autres de l'imiter ...
-It's difficult/hard to admit/confess that there are several/numerous ways to say and to do things. Most often everyone is convinced that *(1)his or her own method is the best one and tries to talk the others into imitating *(2)him or her.
(1) theirs (2) them

-I don’t hate/mind waiting ! On the contrary/Contrariwise, I do like that/I enjoy doing that... and looking at strangers is of interest to me/interests me! Trying to provide or create with my imagination a story on a person's face, a facial expression, a posture, is kind of fun/is quite entertaining, but most of the time it’s difficult/uneasy as appearances are, of course, deceptive.

-People who have deeply ingrained habits make me crazy/annoy me/get on my nerves. Wanting to reproduce/replicate the same method in the purpose of getting the same result, even if we admit being wrong/having made a mistake, simply because it’s much easier not to change anything, prevents/impedes personal progress and often collective one. I like flexibility and adaptability, two characteristics ( -dare I say (it) ''two/2 qualities'' -) that are obviously very Anglo-Saxon and therefore I'm delighted to say that.

« I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention -invention, in my opinion arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble. That is the big secret that has brought us down the years, from chipping flints to switching on the washing-up machine.

II) Traduisez en français:
-''Je ne pense pas que nécessité fait loi – parce que *(1) la découverte, à mon avis/d'après moi, provient directement de l’oisiveté, probablement aussi de la *(2)paresse. Pour s'éviter bien des ennuis. C’est le grand secret qui nous a accompagnés tout au long des années, de la taille du silex à la mise en fonction du lave vaisselle.
A l'évidence, la place des femmes *(3)n'a fait qu'empirer/n'a cessé d'empirer au cours des années. Nous, les femmes, nous nous sommes comportées comme des *(4)andouilles. Nous avons revendiqué à grands cris le droit de travailler comme le font les hommes. Les homologues masculins, n’étant pas idiots, ont aimablement accepté l'idée. Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins d’une épouse ? Quel/où est le problème lorsque*(5)la conjointe subvient à ses propres besoins/lorsque la conjointe est financièrement indépendante ? Elle veut le faire. Bon sang, qu’elle continue donc à le faire!''

*j'hésite avec : (1)l'invention/l'innovation. (2)la fainéantise. (3) n'a eu de cesse qu'elle ait empiré ( forme plus pédante à mon avis ! ) (4)crétines (5) l'alter ego/l'épouse.

le dicton du jour : ayez du zèle, et non de la paresse! Be zealous and not of laziness!

-This book is worth reading/the read. It is three times as thick as an ordinary book , but it can be read without stopping once/in one go.

-You do right to take your own computer away with you/to take away your own computer with you. It's a good precaution in case it shouldn't be provided by your/the school/in case the school shouldn't supply you with it.

-When you have finished reading this short story, I would like you to study an extract of your choice.

Lots of Tous nos Mercis à Here4u for this new exercise

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de tereda, postée le 14-01-2016 à 18:09:30 (S | E)
hello HERE4U, hello everyone,
this is my try

a. It's difficult to admit that there are many ways to say and do things. Most often, each one is convinced that his method is the best one and he tries to persuade others to do the same as him.

b. I don't hate waiting ! on the contrary, I like that. .... And watch(ing) unknown people is interesting for me ! Trying to put a story on any face, a comical expression, an attitude, is relatively funny, but, most of the time, difficult because appearances are misleading, of course.

c. People who are tied to habits annoy me. Those who want to reproduce the same method to have the same result, even if we admit we are wrong, simply because it's easier to change nothing, prevents any personal and often collective progress. I like flexibility and adaptability, two personal details - dare I say : two qualities - which, and I am delighted, are very British.

Je ne crois pas que nécessité est mère de l'invention, car l'invention, à mon avis, découle directement de l'oisiveté, probablement aussi de la paresse. Pour s'éviter des ennuis. Voilà le grand secret qui nous a conduits à travers les âges, de la taille d'un silex au branchement d'une machine à laver. Le rôle des femmes, au fil des ans, a définitivement changé, en pire. Nous, les femmes, nous nous sommes comportées comme des imbéciles (des andouilles). Nous avons réclamé du travail, comme les hommes. Les hommes, pas si bêtes ont accueilli l'idée gentiment. Pourquoi soutenir une femme ? il n'y a rien de mal à ce qu'une femme soit indépendante ? Elle veut le faire. Parbleu, laissez-la faire ! qu'elle le fasse !

III) Bonus:
This book is worth reading. It is three times thicker than an ordinary book, but we have read it in one go.

You are right to bring your own computer. It's a wise precaution in case of school wouldn't provide any.
When you finish reading this story, I would like you to realise a study of an extract you want.

I do hope it's better than the last one !!

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de icare29, postée le 15-01-2016 à 17:25:18 (S | E)
Hello Here4u ; and all hardworkers , here is my work

) Translate into English:
A) It's hard to admit there are many ways to say and do things .Most often ,everyone is convinved that his method is the best and tries to persuade the others into imitating him

B) I don't hate waiting ; On the contrary ,I like that.....and looking at strangers interests me ! Trying to put on one story on a face , a mime , a posture is funny enough, but the most of the time difficult because appearances are , of course, deceptive.

C) The persons sticked to their habits make me crazy. Wanting to reproduce the same method so that having the same result. even though we admit we are wrong , simply because it's easier not change anything , prevent any personal and often collective progress . I like both flexibility and adaptability, (should I dare two qualities ) which are, I am delighted, two very Anglo-Saxon characteritics,

Je ne pense pas que l'invention soit le produit de la nécessité . L'invention , selon mon opinion, est en lien direct àvec l'oisiveté , peut-être aussi de la paresse . Pour éviter la répétition des ennuis auxquels nous sommes régulièrement confrontés . Tel est le grand secret qui nous a été dévoilé depuis la nuit des temps , depuis le taillage des outils en silex jusqu'à l'usage de la machine à laver de nos jours .
La situation des femmes au cours des décennies passées a définitivement changé , mais pas dans le bon sens .Nous, les femmes , nous nous sommes comportées comme de vrais andouilles . Nous avons revendiqué que l'on soit autorisées à travailler aux mêmes conditions que celles des hommes. Les hommes n'étant pas idiots ont accepté gentiment cette belle idée. Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins d'une femme ? Qu'y a-t-il d'indécent à ce que les femmes subviennent elles-mêmes à leur propres besoins .Elles désirent le faire . Bon sang, mais qu'elles continuent à le faire ,...et que grand bien leur fasse!......

Bonus
1) This book is worth being read. it is three times as thick as an ordinary one but we can read it in one sitting.

2) you do well taking away your own computer .It's a good precaution in case the school wouldn't supply with it.

3) As soon as you have finished the reading of this short story , I would like you to do a study of an excerpt of your choice.
Thank you for this new excellent exercise

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de mamou3, postée le 16-01-2016 à 07:28:11 (S | E)
Hello Here4u, Hello everybody !

Thank you for this new exercise !

1.Into English
a) It's different to admit that there are many ways to say and do things. Most often, each one is convinced that his method is the best one and tries to persuade the others to do likewise.
b) I don't dislike waiting. On the contrary I like it and watching unknows interests me. Trying to put one story on a face, a facial expression, a position is quite fun but most of time not so easy because the appearances are misleading of course.
c) People attached to habits get in my nerves. Wanting to reproduce the same method to have the same result even if we admit that it was wrong simply because it's easier to change nothing puts a stop to all personal and often collectif progress. I like flexibility and adaptability, two characteristics (could I dare to say "two qualities") which I'm delighted are typical Anglo-Saxon (British).

2. En français
Je ne pense pas que la nécessité soit la mère de l'invention. L'invention, à mon avis, nait directement de l'oisiveté, probablement aussi de la paresse. Pour se sauver des ennuis. C'est le grand secret qui nous a été apporté au fil du temps, de la taille du silex à la mise en marche du lave-vaisselle.
La position des femmes, au fil des ans, a définitivement changé pour le pire. Nous, les femmes avons agi comme des cruches. Nous avons réclamé à cor et à cris d'être autorisée à travailler comme les hommes. Les hommes n'étant pas des imbéciles ont gentiment pris l'idée. Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins des femmes ? Quel est le problème avec une femme qui subvient elle-même à ses besoins ? Elle veut le faire. Saperlipopette, elle peut aller le faire.
Agatha Christie, Autobiographie 1977.

3. Bonus
1. This book is worth reading three times as much thick as an ordinary book but I read it in one sitting.
2. You do well to take your own computer. It's a good precaution in case that the school doesn't provide one.
3. When you have finished reading this novel, I would like you to do a study of an extract of your choice.

Thank you again. My try can be corrected.

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de here4u, postée le 16-01-2016 à 11:43:24 (S | E)
Hello You all!
Merci des exercices déjà postés, toujours fouillés.
Appréhendant, comme d'habitude les travaux de dernière minute, je commencerai à poster les corrections individuelles dès demain.
Pas de panique tout de même, il vous reste encore 5 jours pour travailler ... N'hésitez-pas! Bon week-end à vous !

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de maya92, postée le 16-01-2016 à 17:14:14 (S | E)
Bonjour Here4u

Translate into English
A -It is hard to admit that there are many ways of saying and doing things. More often, everyone is convinced that their way of doing is the best one and try to convince the others to act like him…

B -I don’t mind waiting ! On the contrary, I like that.. and I take pleasure in watching strangers ! It is rather funny to try to make up a story about a face, an expression, a posture, but most of the time it’s difficult because you can be fooled by the appearances

C -People stuck to their routine get on my nerves. Those who try to follow the same pattern in order to get the same result, even if they admit they were wrong and only because it’s easier not to change anything, forbid any personal or even common improvement. I like flexibility and adaptability, two features (should I daresay ‘two qualities’) which are (and that makes very happy) are very Anglo-Saxon…

II – Translate into French
“Je ne pense pas que la nécessité soit la mère de l’invention. L’invention, à mon avis, découle directement de l’oisiveté et peut-être même de la paresse, pour s’épargner des ennuis. C’est le grand secret qui nous a mené au travers des siècles de la taille du silex à la mise en route du lave-linge.
La position des femmes au fil des ans, a vraiment empiré. Nous, les femmes nous sommes comportées comme des billes. Nous avons réclamé le droit de travailler comme les hommes. Les hommes, pas fous, ont aimablement accepté l’idée. Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins d’une femme ? Qu’est-ce qu’il y a de mal à ce qu’une femme subvienne à ses propres besoins ? Elle veut le faire… ? Bon sang, mais qu’elle le fasse."

Bonus :
1 – This book is worth reading. It is three times as thick as an ordinary book but it can be read in one go
2 – You’re right in taking your own computer. It’s a good idea in case the school would not provide any
3 – When you have finished to read this short story, I’d like you to look into an excerpt of your own choosing

There we are, up to you now dear Here4u. Thank you again and again - Have a nice week-end

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de joe39, postée le 17-01-2016 à 12:31:28 (S | E)
Good morning, dear here4u,
Here is my try.

It is difficult to admit that there are many ways to say and do things. Most often, each and all of us are convinced that our method is the best and try to persuade others to imitate it/to opt for it ...
I don't abhor waiting! Quite the contrary! I like it....and I'm interested in watching the unknown! Trying to understand what kind of story could better fit a face, a facial expression, a posture is quite fun, but for the most part this goal is difficult to achieve, because appearances are, of course, misleading.
People who have fixed their habits , get on my nerves. To flog a dead horse, notwithstanding one’s admission of being wrong, hinders every further personal progress as well as any joint one. I like flexibility and adaptability, two peculiarities (I would dare say, two qualities), the Anglo-Saxons are endowed with, which make me enchanted.

« I don’t think necessity is the mother of invention. -invention, in my opinion arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble. That is the big secret that has brought us down the years, from chipping flints to switching on the washing-up machine.

«Je ne pense pas que la nécessité est la mère de l'invention. L'invention, à mon avis, découle directement de l'oisiveté, probablement aussi de la paresse. Pour se sauver des ennuis. Voilà le grand secret qui nous a conduit,au fil des ans, de couper en éclats le silex jusqu’-à tourner le lave-vaisselle.
La position des femmes, au fil des ans, a définitivement changé pour le pire. Le status des femmes, au fil des ans, a définitivement changé pour le pire. Nous, les femmes, avons agi comme des idiotes. Nous avons réclamé d'être autorisés à travailler comme les hommes travaillent. Quel est le problème avec une qui s’entretient ?
Elle veut le faire. Alors, parbleu, elle peut continuer à le faire !
Lien internet

This book is worth reading. It's three times an ordinary one, but makes read it all in one gulp.
You're right to carry your own computer. Should the school fail to provide about/ in merit, it would be a proper precaution.
When you finish reading this tale/short story, I would like you to write an essay focused on an excerpt at your choice.

I wish to state I agree with your getting back into the habit of revising and thank you for your useful exercise. I hope you have a pleasant Sunday and a great week, too.
So long, dear friend.
Joe39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 20-01-2016 19:26

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 21-01-2016 13:48

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de lakata, postée le 18-01-2016 à 16:14:15 (S | E)
Hello dear Here4u + All my best wishes for 2016 (a little bit late, I know...)!

1) Translate into English:
A) Il est difficile d'admettre qu'il y a de nombreuses façons de dire et de faire les choses. Le plus souvent, chacun est convaincu que sa méthode est la meilleure et essaie de persuader les autres de l'imiter.
Not easy to admit there are many different ways of saying or doing the same things. Mostly, everyone is convinced their own method is the best one and tries to talk the others into doing in the same way as them.

B) Je ne déteste pas attendre ! Au contraire, j'aime ça, et regarder les inconnus m'intéresse. Essayer de mettre une histoire sur un visage, une mimique, une posture, est assez amusant, mais la plupart du temps malaisé car les apparences sont bien sûr trompeuses.
I don't dislike waiting! Quite the contrary, I like it, and find it interesting to watch anonymous people. Trying to put a story to a face, an expression, an attitude, that's quite funny, but most of the time awkward as appearances are of course deceptive.

C) Les personnes attachées aux habitudes m'énervent. Vouloir reproduire la même méthode pour avoir le même résultat, même si on admet s'être trompé, simplement parce qu'il est plus facile de ne rien changer, empêche tout progrès personnel et souvent collectif. J'aime la souplesse et l'adaptabilité, deux caractéristiques -oserais-je dire deux qualités ? -qui, j'en suis ravie, sont très anglo-saxonnes.
People set in their ways are getting on my nerves. Using deliberately the same method in order to get the same result, even when it's already been obviously incorrect, simply because keeping things unchanged is easier, prevents any personal and often collective progress. I like flexibility and adaptability, two special features - dare I say, qualities? - which are typically Anglo-Saxon, what I'm really pleased about.

III) Bonus (réviser exos forum 21-22-23)
1) Ce livre vaut la peine d'être lu. Il est trois fois plus épais qu'un livre ordinaire, mais on le lit d'une seule traite.
This book is worth the read. It's three times (thrice!) thicker than an ordinary one, but it's read in one sitting.

2) Tu fais bien d'emporter ton propre ordinateur. C'est une bonne précaution au cas où l'école n'en fournirait pas.
You're right to take your own laptop with you. It's wise in case no computer is supplied by the school.

3) Quand tu auras terminé la lecture de cette nouvelle, je voudrais que tu fasses une étude d'un extrait de ton choix.
When you have finished reading this short story, I'd like you to do a textual study of an excerpt of your choice.

Thank you for this exercise. Enjoy this week!

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de bibi62, postée le 18-01-2016 à 17:42:45 (S | E)
Hello Here4you and other workers.
Here is my try and it’s ready to be corrected.
Have a nice day.
Bibi62

1.Translate into English.
A)It’s hard to admit that many ways to say and to do things exist.Most often each of us is convinced that his method is the best one and tries to persuade others to imitate it.

B) I don’t hate waiting !On the contrary I like it….and I get interested in looking at unknown persons !Trying to put a story to a face, a mimicking, a posture is quite funny but most of the time it’s difficult because apparences are obviously deceptive.

C) Persons attached to habits get on my nerves.Wanting to reproduce the same method to obtain the same result,even if we admit to be wrong,simply because it’s easier not to change anything, prevent each personal and often public progress .I like flexibility and adaptibillity,two main features (May I say “two qualities”) which ,I appreciate to say, are Anglo-Saxon.

2.Translate into French.
“Je ne pense pas que la nécessité soit la mère de l’invention-l’invention,pour moi,fait directement suite à l’oisivité ,possiblement aussi à la paresse.Se mettre à l’abri des difficultés.C’est le grand secret qui nous a été dévoilé au fil du temps de la pierre à feu à la mise en marche dela machine à lessiver.
Au fil des années le statut de la femme a définitivement empiré.Nous,les femmes,avons agi comme des idiotes. Nous avons revendiqué le droit de travailler comme les hommes.Les hommes,n’étant pas idiots,ont aimé l’idée.Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins d’une femme?Qu’ y a-t-il de contrqire à ce qu’une femme subvienne à ses propres beoins?Elle veut le faire.Fichtre, elle peut continuer à le faire!”
Agatha Christie,Autobiographie,1977.

3. Bonus
1.This book is really worth reading .It’s three times as thick as an ordinary one but we read it in one sitting.
2.You ‘d better take your own computer.It’s a good precaution in case of school wouldn’t provide one.
3.When you have finished reading this novella,I would like you to do a study of an extract of your choice.

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de palindrome23, postée le 18-01-2016 à 23:44:37 (S | E)
Good evening! Here is my attempt.

A) It is difficult to acknowledge / admit that things can be said and done in quite many / diverse ways. More often than not / Most of the time, everyone is convinced that their method is the best and they will talk people into doing it the same way.

B) I don't hate / dislike waiting! In fact I quite like it and staring at strangers is something I'm interested in! Trying to put a story to a face, a comical expression or an attitude is fairly entertaining though difficult in most cases since appearances can, indeed, be deceptive.

C) People who are stuck in their ways have a knack for getting on my nerves. Wanting to do the same old thing to (finally) get the same results, even though admitting that a mistake has been made, just because it's easier to stay in your comfort zone, hampers any personal - and often collective - improvement. I like flexibility and adaptability which are two features - two good qualities if I may say so - which - I couldn't be happier (to mention) - are typically Anglo-Saxon.

Je ne pense pas que nécessité soit mère d'invention. L'invention, selon moi, résulte du désoeuvrement, voire aussi de la paresse Pour s'éviter des désagréments. C'est là le grand secret qui nous a fait évoluer au fil du temps, de l'époque où l'on taillait le silex à celle où l'on appuie sur un bouton pour allumer la machine à laver.
Avec le temps, la situation des femmes a profondément évolué vers le pire. Nous, les femmes, nous sommes conduites comme des imbéciles. Nous avons réclamé l'égalité dans le travail avec les hommes. Les hommes, loin d'être des idiots, ont vu cela d'un bon oeil. Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins d'une épouse ? Quel est le problème dans le fait qu'une épouse subvienne elle-même à ses besoins ? Elle le veut. Alors mince, qu'elle continue donc sur cette voie!

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de here4u, postée le 19-01-2016 à 20:51:55 (S | E)
Hello !

Les corrections individuelles sont toutes postées ... Si vous n'avez pas reçu la vôtre, n'oubliez pas de "protester" en mp.
Pour les vrais "travailleurs de la dernière heure", il vous reste 24h pour vous essayer à cet exercice !

Bon courage !

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de , postée le 20-01-2016 à 01:48:24 (S | E)
Hi here4u ! Hi everybody
This is my try.

_ Translate into English :
- It's hard to acknowledge that there are several ways how to say and do things. More often, each one is convinced that there's no better method than his and tries to persuade the others to act like him...

B) Je ne déteste pas attendre ! Au contraire, j'aime cela .... et regarder les inconnus m'intéresse ! Essayer de mettre une histoire sur un visage, une mimique, une posture, est assez amusant, mais la plupart du temps malaisé car les apparences sont, bien sûr, trompeuses.
- I don't dislike waiting around ! I, rather, like it.... And I'm so interested looking at people we don't know! Trying to put a story on any face a mimic a stance, is pretty funny, though, awkward most of time for of course apperances are misleading.

C) Les personnes attachées aux habitudes m'énervent. Vouloir reproduire la même méthode pour avoir le même résultat, même si l'on admet s'être trompé, simplement parce que c'est plus facile de ne rien changer empêche tout progrès personnel et souvent collectif. J'aime la souplesse et l'adaptabilité, deux caractéristiques (- oserais-je dire « deux qualités » - ) qui, j'en suis ravie, sont très anglo-saxonnes ...
- Persons bound to habits get on my nerves. Wanting to replicate the same method for the same results, though we admit to be mistaken, simply because it's easier not to change anything, prevents from every own progress and often collective ones.I like flexibility and adaptability, two characteristics (_ I would dare say '' two performances''-) wich, I'm ravished are Anglo-Saxon...

2)_ Translate into French :
« I don't think necessity is the mother of invention - invention, in my opinion arises directly from idleness, possibly also from laziness. To save oneself trouble. That is the big secret that has brought us down the years, from chipping flints to switching on the washing-up machine.
The position of women, over the years, has definitely changed for the worse. We, women have behaved like mugs. We have clamoured to be allowed to work as men work. Men, not being fools, have taken kindly to the idea. Why support a wife? What's wrong with a wife supporting herself? She wants to do it. By Golly, she can go on doing it!?

'' Je ne crois pas que la nécessité est mère d'industrie- l'invention à mon sens, découle tout droit de l'oisiveté, probablement aussi de la paresse. Pour se prémunir de tous ennuis. C'est ça le grand secret qui nous a amenés à travers les années, de l'âge de pierres jusqu'à mettre en marche le lave-vaisselle.
Le statut des femmes a depuis toujours incontestablement changé en pire. Nous, les femmes nous nous sommes comportées comme des andouilles.(Sorry) Nous avons défendu notre droit à être autorisées à travailler comme les hommes. Ceux là ne sont pas dupes, ils se sont gentiment faits à l'idée. À quoi bon soutenir une femme ? Quel est le problème pour une femme qui se prend en charge ? Elle veut le faire. Elle peut continuer à le faire. Mince alors !?

3)_ Bonus :
2. Tu fais bien d’emporter ton propre ordinateur. C'est une bonne précaution pour le cas où l'école n’en fournirait pas.

1. This book is worth being read. It is 3 times thicker than an ordinary book, however it can be read in one sitting.
2. Good of you to bring your own computor. It's a fair precaution for the case where the school wouldn't supply any.
3. When you are finished reading that news, I want you to make a study about an excerpt of your choice.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 20-01-2016 08:08
Mise en forme standard + bug couleur

Réponse : Ex 64/ Back to cruising speed de here4u, postée le 20-01-2016 à 23:26:32 (S | E)
Hello !
De retour de mon atelier théâtre où je viens de massacrer Phèdre ... Voici mes suggestions et explications.

It’s difficult to admit that things can be said and done in many different ways. Most of the time everyone is convinced that their method is the best one and is trying to talk others into imitating them.

- difficult to admit /to acknowledge
- that there are many ways to say and do things. /things can be said and done/in quite many ways.
- More often than not/Most often/ In most cases/ Most of the time.
- Everyone + verbe au singulier et en , repris par un pronom personnel et adjectif possessif de forme plurielle => « everyone/everybody IS …. THEIR… THEM ...»
- Persuader de = to talk others/other people into + V + ing/other people into imitating them/ doing an imitation/ the same way.

B) Je ne déteste pas attendre ! Au contraire, j'aime cela ... et regarder les inconnus m’intéresse ! Essayer de mettre une histoire sur un visage, une mimique, une posture, est assez amusant, mais la plupart du temps malaisé car les apparences sont, bien sûr, trompeuses.
I have nothing against waiting! On the contrary, I rather like it! Watching strangers is interesting to me. Trying to put a story to a face, a facial expression, or a posture is fairly entertaining, but most of the time quite difficult to do because appearances are misleading of course.

- I have nothing against waiting /I don’t mind waiting/don’t hate waiting
- des inconnus = strangers ; "unknown" convenait en adjectif "unknown people" mais il lui était impossible de prendre un -s !
- a face/a facial expression/a comical expression/
- an attitude/a stance/ a position
- difficult/ uneasy/ ackward/ hazardous/
- quite funny/fairly entertaining/
- appearances are deceitful /deceptive /misleading

C) Les personnes attachées aux habitudes m'énervent. Vouloir reproduire la même méthode pour avoir le même résultat, même si l'on admet s'être trompé, simplement parce que c'est plus facile de ne rien changer empêche tout progrès personnel et souvent collectif. J'aime la souplesse et l'adaptabilité, deux caractéristiques (- oserais-je dire « deux qualités » -) qui, j’en suis ravie, sont très anglo-saxonnes ...
People attached to their own habits get on my nerves/make me crazy. Wanting to repeat the same old method, in order to get the same result, even when acknowledging it was wrong, just because it’s easier not to change anything: this is a habit preventing any personal and often collective improvement. I like flexibility and adaptability, two features – dare I say “two qualities” - which, I’m glad, are typically Anglo-Saxon ones.

- attached to habits /tied to habits/ set in their ways/stuck to /ingrained in / having a knack for= un “truc”
- reproduce/repeat/copy/imitate/replicate/use deliberately
- the same habit/ the same pattern/
- acknowledging/to have made a mistake/ a mistake was made/to be mistaken/ it was wrong
- it’s easier not to change anything/to stay in your comfort zone
- empêcher de = preventing/hindering/hampering
- I daresay (surtout )/I dare say/ dare I say/ if I may say so/Attention, dare et need sont “quasi modaux” ! Vous devez être cohérents dans vos emplois de ces "verbes" : soit vous les considérez comme étant “ordinaires”, soit comme des auxiliaires modaux qui entraînent des modifications importantes.

Je ne pense pas que la nécessité soit(1) mère de l’invention. L’invention, à mon avis, découle directement de l’oisiveté, peut-être aussi de la paresse (2): pour s’épargner des ennuis. Voila le grand secret qui nous a conduits (3), à travers les siècles, de la taille du silex à la mise en marche du lave-vaisselle.
Avec le temps, le statut (4) de la femme a vraiment empiré. Nous, les femmes, nous sommes comportées comme des imbéciles. Nous avons revendiqué le même droit au travail que les hommes. Ceux-ci/ Les hommes, qui ne sont pas idiots, se sont gentiment mis à apprécier l’idée (5). Pourquoi subvenir aux besoins de son épouse (7)? Qu’y a-t-il de mal à ce qu’une épouse subvienne à ses propres besoins ? Elle veut le faire ! Bon sang, qu’on la laisse continuer !

(1) J’ai préféré le subjonctif à l’indicatif.
(2) Pas trop aimé « fainéantise ». J’ai mis ensuite ":" qui sont « explicatifs » pour éviter la phrase incomplète.
(3) Attention à l’accord du participe passé. Je ressens vraiment dans le texte anglais l’annonce déjà de la dégradation de la « condition féminine » …(peut-être est-ce personnel … )
(4) « position » ne convenait pas en français …
(5) To take to + V + ing= contracter une mauvaise habitude. “He’s taken to smoking a lot…”
(6) Entretenir/subvenir aux besoins de : J’ai choisi le plus long à cause du côté péjoratif « d’entretenir » qui ne convenait pas ici … (quoique ! )
(7) « épouse » convenait mieux que « femme »

Lien internet

Lien internet

Lien internet

-This book is worth reading. It’s three times as thick as an ordinary book/one, but it can be read in one sitting. /it’s a page-turner.
- to be worth + ing = valoir la peine de ; / worth the read = OK.
- attention à “trois fois plus” : bien que le comparatif de supériorité s’entende, cette expression doit être construite en exprimant: « trois fois autant que » en anglais.

You’re right to take your own computer. It’s a good idea in case the school wouldn’t provide any.
- in case + auxiliaire modal: wouldn’t /shouldn’t.
- attention à la construction de “fournir” = “supply/provide »:
to supply something; to supply something to someone; to supply/provide someone with something.

When you have finished reading this short story, I’d like you to study the excerpt of your choice.
- le present perfect derrière “when”, conjonction de subordination temporelle indiquait bien le futur antérieur.
- une nouvelle … pas « a news » mais a short-story/ a novella

Bravo à tous de votre travail très sérieux. Vous m’avez donné, comme d’habitude, d’excellents exercices ! Courage pour le N° 65. Il est en ligne ...
(Please, forgive any possibly remaining typo ...)

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux