Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/Mythes et héros

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Mythes et héros
Message de lologd posté le 15-03-2014 à 11:29:56 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
j'ai mon oral; j'ai besoin d'une correction svp s'il vous plaît,
merci d'avance pour votre aide

I’m going to talk about myths and heroes. First of all, I’d like to give a definition of this notion. A myth is an ancient story about gods, heroes, and magic, it can be a popular belief or a tradition or a false notion. A hero can be a mythological figure, a person who is admired for his or her achievements, a superhero or maybe a role model or an icon. I would like to illustrate this notion through the theme of myths. Are myths beneficial to population? First of all, I will concentrate on beliefs and expectations that brought myths, then I will analyze the danger some of myths. To my mind, the documents that best illustrate the notion are:
-A picture of the film The crucible
-A text, The Hollywood blacklisted

Initially, A myth is a story that may or may not be true. There are often no records or proof that the myth happened. Some myths have factual origins, while others are completely fictional. However myths are more than simple stories many serve a more profound purpose in ancient and modern cultures.
Generally myths go up influence the lifestyle, attitudes of people. For example, according to tradition on Christmas Eve if the child has been good, Pere Noel leaves the presents in their place. This myth encourages children to lead wisely and it’s a celebration that brings all the family. So it is sometimes a factor of social cohesion. Myths often include gods and goddesses and other supernatural characters that have the power to make extraordinary things happen and are popular even when people know the actual reasons for the natural phenomena. For instance, the paradise where you could leave with gods is a myth, nothing can prove it. And a lot of persons believe in the fact that if you behaves well, you can access at the paradise. It forces religious people at not sin and lead a healthy lifestyle. Mythology is a collection of traditional stories that express the beliefs or values of a group of people. For example, the Grail is a mythical object of the Arthurian legend, the object of the quest of the Knights of the Round Table. It permits to encourage people to defend their cause or to join forces in a common quest.

Secondly, the stories often focus on human qualities such as good and evil. Myths can be dangerous, can influence the behavior of people and convince them to kill. Let’s take the picture of the film the crucible. We can see a woman and five fingers are pointing at her as if she was guilty, accused of doing something wrong. We distinguish a little white doll; it could be use for black magic. The woman is accused of being a witch, she will be banished from her own community and she will be burnt or drowned. To my mind, the woman was probably not a witch and she is dead unfairly. And the cause is myth because it’s the myth of witches that triggered the witch hunt. Moreover, in the text entitled The Hollywood Blacklisted, Puritanism was based on a very strict moral. They dressed in dark or black, color meant a connection with the devil, because the red is the color associate to the devil, it’s a myth and severe punishments were imposed at those who wearing color clothes. Furthermore, Puritans believe in predestination which means that god chooses from birth if someone is to be saved or damned. According to me, sacrifice living beings to satisfy the desires of the gods shows the power of myths.

To conclude, myths are beneficial to populations if our behavior is not harmful to ourselves and others.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-03-2014 17:50

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux