Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Idée Progrés/oral

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Idée Progrés/oral
Message de marseille2406 posté le 19-04-2014 à 15:24:25 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
je passe mes oraux dans quelques semaines et j'aimerais savoir ce que vous pensez de ma rédaction et également si vous pouvez corriger les fautes.
Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

I have to talk about the notion of progress. First, I will define what a progress. The idea of progress can be defined as an improvement, a development or a change; it can be a technical, scientific or social advance which contributes to making the world better.
Nevertheless, for this notion I will focus on scientific progress, and especially about eugenics and the pre-implantation genetic diagnosis.
Indeed , we can wonder what are the advantages and drawbacks of this scientific advance ?

To start, I will present the drawbacks by using the document intituled « Clones’r’us ». This title shows us that from now on, people are all clones.
The cartoon represents a factory making human beings. In this factory there are five men who are on a conveyor belt. However, I can made two categories of men. In fact, four men have the same physical appearance ; they are tall and muscular while the fifth character is small and skinny.
Consequently, the small men are rejected because the factory aims at creating « the perfect man ». Moreover, those with imperfections are thrown away in the bin.
So, this document deals with eugenics which is a science whose goal is to improve the human race.
Nevertheless, eugenics contains important dangers. Indeed, with this technique everybody will look the same, and humanity will disappear. There is also risks in the manipulation of genes than can cause diseases. In addition it may create inequalities since it will be expensive.
Therefore, the cartoonist criticize of our society in which people are expected to look good and to have the same way of thinking. He wants to denounce ou society’s obsession with the perfect physical appearance. What’s more he shows that rejecting people because they look different or because they are not totally perfect is unfair.

Then, the entire following documents will deal with the advantages about pre-implantation genetic diagnosis. It is the examination of an embryo after in-vitro fertilisation and before transfer to the uterus to predict certain genetic diseases.
So, pre-implantation genetic diagnosis is a system used by parents who want to make sure that their child will be healthy.
It also makes it possible to select physical characteristcs and consequently increase the life expectancy.
In addition, pre-implatatin genetic diagnosis can save people’s life. This was the case for Molly Nash, who is a little girl who was severly sick. Indeed, she suffered from Fanconi’s Anemia, a disease which kills its victims before the age of 7.
She was cured thanks to her little brother Adam, who was conceived to save her. In fact, doctors selected Adam’s genes to match Molly’s genes so that they could transplant his bone marrow into his sister . This was the only way to save her life.
Molly’s story shows how revolutionary PDG can be. It’s a real breakthrough in medicine. It gave hope to many children to cure and to get ride of their disease.

In conclusion, I’d say progress is neither all good or all bad. Indeed, there are drawbacks like the fact of create inequalities between the citizens or cause complication and advantages because PGD cure diseases and increase the life expectancy.
For me : it’s not scientific knowledge that is either good or evil, but the application of it. So, I think taht it is necessary to set limits about the scientific progress.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 19-04-2014 17:46

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux