Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Oral/ Myths and heroes

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/ Myths and heroes
Message de smargaux posté le 25-05-2014 à 10:36:42 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
je voudrais savoir s'il était possible de corriger ma synthèse sur "Myths and heroes" pour l'oral d'anglais au Bac. Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

I’m going to talk about the notion of Myth and heroes. Firstly, what is a hero ? a hero can be a mythological figure, a person who is admired for his achievements and can be seen as a role model, an icon. A myth is a story that may be true or not a traditional story, concerning the early history of people or explaining a natural or social phenomenon, and typically involving supernatural beings or events.
In so far as, we can ask ourselves which myths were pushing the all-world people to immigrate to the US ? And are they really true nowadays ? 
To answer i’m going to use the following documents: the picture Louisville Flood and the song American Land by Bruce Springsteen.
In a first part, i’m going to present the different myths that are pushing people to immigrate to the US including the American Dream and in a second part i’m going to explain if this myths are still true nowadays and if they are really true in reality

The first and the most famous myth that are pushing people to immigrate is the well-known American Dream. The American Dream is a set of ideals in which freedom includes the opportunity for prosperity and success, and an upward social mobility achieved through hard work.
It is embodied through many personalities such as Barack Obama, Oprah Winfrey, but also movies : Forrest Gump, The Butler and songs Breakfast in America by Supertramp or American Land by Bruce Springsteen. Immigrants are attracted to a land where job opportunities and better living conditions seemed to be available to anyone. In fact, the United States can be seen as a promise land where everything is possible.
The United States are also a land of immigrants, who have been group together in communities from then on the importance of the notion of community and ethnic group in the representation of the American society.
The song American Land by Bruce Springsteen may be about the American Dream, and how hard you have to work when you immigrate to America to fulfill your dreams. It might be about the possibilities available to make money and to make this land your new home.
The United states of america are also a cultural power, a lot of super heroes, movies, television serie, famous actors are american which entertain the American Dream. In my mind the notion of hero is subjective because nobody have the same ideals or expect the same qualities for an hero.

However, the reality is quite different sometimes. This reality is well illustrated across the photo Louisville Flood by Margaret Bourke-White. In fact the photo is based on a contrast between the foreground and the background, between Africains Americans queued up and a white family living the american way. The American Way of life, promoted by Hollywood is the model of a close-knight family living in a beautiful house with a garden, a car, children who are going to go to university and in turn live the American Way of life.This photo underlines that some people are left out from the system. In reality all american citizens are not equal. I think the photographer’s goal is to make people realize that some people in the USA are confronted with a social and economic problem. Poverty can exist in a rich society with a high standard of living such as the United States.

To conclude we can not really say if myths are still available nowadays. In fact, as i said before people who believed in this myths achieved their goals but others and there are many don’t live the life they dreamt in America. I think the notion of myth and heroes is subjective, because nobody believe and trust the same things, qualities and vertues.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 25-05-2014 10:50

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux