Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac / Power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac / Power
Message de afm09 posté le 25-03-2015 à 19:43:19 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Voici mon texte pour ma préparation orale du Bac en anglais sur la notion Locations and forms of power ;). Pouvez-vous me corriger mais également me faire part de votre avis sur le choix des parties et de la cohérence de l'ensemble ?
Merci d'avance !

« I am going to talk about the notion Locations and forms of power which can be defined as the ability or official capacity to exercise control. Through this concept, we have tried to answer the question: How is control over life and death exercised in America? Indeed, in this country, we will see that the use of weapons is common, but also very dangerous, and then how the State acts with the death penalty. In order to better illustrate this issue, I have chosen to present 4 documents. First of all, we studied 3 TV news extracts: the first one entitled Fatal Shooting deals with the tragic accident that caused the death of a girl of 2 years old in Kentucky in 2013. The second one, called Columbine 10 years later talks about the shooting on April 20, 1999 in Littleton High School in Colorado. The last one deals with the execution of Cameron Todd Willingham following the fire that killed his three daughters in Texas, in 2004. Furthermore, I also chose to present an article from The Economist, an English weekly newspaper that highlights the results of a survey conducted about the death penalty.

American culture encourages people to use weapons despite the impact that this generates about life in America. Since the 2nd amendment to the Constitution of the United States which guarantees the right of the people to keep and bear arms, was adopted, the number of people killed by gun violence increased. Indeed, in 1999, a day like any other turned into a real nightmare. Two teenagers used firearms to kill brutally students and teachers. The massacre caused the death of 15 people. This day still remains engraved as one of the worst criminal’s acts in history. People kill people and this is a big problem in America because since a very young age, children are allowed and encouraged to have a weapon. In 2013, a 5-year-old boy shot accidentally his 2-year-old sister with a gun he received from his parents for his last birthday. This is very common in America to offer a gun, pushing young people to hunt or target shoot. They develop new hobbies and sometimes become dangerous and mad and may be punished by the State.

Today, the United States of America are part of a liberal democracy that applies the death penalty. Indeed, most people support capital punishment in America even if a lot of them know that innocent people have been executed. According to the poll published in The Economist, 83% agreed with death penalty and the vast majority was sure that wrongfully convicted people have been executed. The journalist of this article refers the case of Cameron Todd Willingham, an executed man, who was potentially innocent. Indeed, he was accused of having set the fire that killed his daughters while he succeeded to escape. After many survey and research, experts finally concluded that there was no evidence to suggest that it was arson. In 2004, he was probably executed by lethal injection for no reason. The death penalty system is so contested today because sometimes it causes the death of innocents.

In America, the control of life and death is exercised through the death penalty and the authorization of possession of a weapon. Indeed, many murders are due to arms but especially to the poor management of their use. Younger children can own one for their birthday without the parents are worried. I totally disagree with carrying weapons because I think that only qualified persons should hold one to protect the population, such as the police or the soldiers. Only few people should be allowed to bear one because it can lead to tragedies such as those mentioned above. As far as I know, the weapons were never beneficial just as the death penalty, which certainly punish the crimes but also the innocents.”

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 25-03-2015 21:18

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux