Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/Myths and Heroes

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Myths and Heroes
Message de carolayne94 posté le 28-03-2015 à 15:48:57 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à tous
Je passe mes oraux blancs d'anglais dans deux semaines. J'ai écrit mes productions mais je manque d'avis extérieurs pour me conseiller/critiquer.Pourriez-vous jeter un coup d'oeil à mon travail sur la notion "Myths and Heroes" ?

I intend to present the notion « Myth and Heroes ». At first, I will define those two words. To my mind, a myth is linked with a popular belief embodying the ideals and institutions of a society. It could also be a character type epitomizing moral values. By definition, it is not a absolute truth whereas a hero is a person who really existed. He belongs to the culture thanks to his widely known abilities.
We can also wonder how Myth and Heroes embodies ideas and reinforce the moral values of a society?

First of all, I will present you an African-American hero: Martin Luther King.
He was a priest who fought prejudices, especially the segregation of Blacks in America in the 50’s and the 60’s.
After a black women refused to move to give up her seat on a bus, MLK led a boycott: the Montgomery Bus Boycott.
Then, he took part into the March of Washington in 1963 where he enunciates his well-known speech “I have a Dream”.
He stood against racism and gather people around one idea: secure civil rights in the USA.
He got killed for his convictions. He became also a hero for Black People.
MLK embodies values of courage determination and perseverance. His struggle has influenced American society.
He is still a symbol for Black people human rights in the USA.

Now, I would deal my oral with the myth of the Queens in England.
I’d like to explain how come their figures are so notorious in the British society?
We will focus on two queens: Elizabeth the first and Victoria.
English people worship their figures.
I choose to speak of two portraits that represent their power and authority.

The first one commemorates the high point of the reign of Elizabeth I. It was attributed to Georges Gower.
The queen is presented as a powerful figure as her hand on a globe symbolises her desire for an empire. This was the age of W. Raleigh’s explorations in the Atlantic Coast.
The chair in the portrait is curved with a mermaid, creatures that attract sailors and cause their death. It may mean Elizabeth herself is a mermaid responsible for the defeat of her enemies.
The gold suns on her sleeves and the pearls on her clothes give messages about her power by linking her with the sun and the moon.
The main colour used, black, red, and golden emphasize the sensation of wealth and beauty. She looks elusive.

Winterhalter painted the portrait of Queen Victoria. The artist was good at create theatrical compositions. The portrait, dated from 1859 represents the Queen, as she was 40. She has her hand on some papers; that may mean she is performing her office. Some details in the painting give us information about her status.
The red warm colour symbolizes her power.
The Queen is depicted wearing a white embroidered dress, which may be made of satin. She has an ermine furred gown. It symbolises her position.

In both paintings, the Queens really embody the monarchy. They ruled over large empires. They have sat on the throne for very long periods of time. During the Victorian era, lots of progresses have been achieved (social, economy and technology). At the time of Elizabeth’s reign, the English literature and poetry were developed.

Thirdly, I will finish my development by talking about the St Patrick’s Day. This event aims to celebrate the national apostle of Ireland: St Patrick.
He’s the subject of a lot of legends. He wasn’t even Irish!
As he was 16, he has been kidnapped by Britain raiders and stayed 6 years in captivity. Then, he became a Christian missionary. After his death, in 461, he was largely forgotten.
He became the subject of a lot of myths.
Among them, I choose to speak about the most famous.
This myth is about the shamrock. It is tell Patrick has explained the holy trinity (father, son and spirit) using a tree-leaves clover; but shamrocks don’t really exist!
Nevertheless, today the shamrock is the national emblem of Ireland.
Saint Patrick has also influenced his country.

In conclusion, we can say that society highlights some figures (as the Queens) thanks to portraits, representations.
Sometimes, myths reinforce a society because they gather people around one idea, one thought.
Heroes, as MLK, are emblem of moral values due to their abilities and achievements.

D'avance, merci pour vos réponses.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2015 17:14

Réponse: Bac/Myths and Heroes de hishoka, postée le 31-03-2015 à 20:28:36 (S | E)
Salut je suis en Tale et je ne peux pas trop te renseigner sur la langue, mais en tout cas je sais qu'une grande partie des profs empêchent de continuer lorsque les 5 minutes sont atteintes, et à mon avis avec ce texte tu risques de pas pouvoir finir du tout et ce serait dommage ^^

Réponse: Bac/Myths and Heroes de crapouli18, postée le 31-03-2015 à 21:48:37 (S | E)
Hey,
je pense que ce que tu as écrit est bien. Seulement, moi, je mettrais que MLK n'était pas un simple héros pour les personnes "noires". Je dirais que c'est grâce à des personnes comme lui que le monde a pu "changer".
Bonne continuation.

Réponse: Bac/Myths and Heroes de carolayne94, postée le 02-04-2015 à 19:40:09 (S | E)
Ok merci à vous deux ! Je vais essayer de le raccourcir, c'est vrai qu'il est un peu long.

Réponse: Bac/Myths and Heroes de here4u, postée le 02-04-2015 à 23:56:47 (S | E)
Hello !
I don't know what's happening to you all, but recently you've all started writing extremely long introductions...
It would be better to write less but know the different steps and transitions ... where you want to go, and how you want to go there ...

Anyway, I'll start tonight and will let you correct ...

I intend to present the notion « Myth and Heroes ». At first, I will define those two words. To my mind, a myth is linked with a popular belief embodying the ideals and institutions of a society. It could also be a character type epitomizing moral values. By definition, it is not a absolute truth whereas a hero is a person who really existed. He belongs to the culture thanks to his widely known abilities.
We can also wonder how Myth and Heroes embodies ideas and reinforce the moral values of a society?

First of all, I will present you(clumsy) an African-American hero: Martin Luther King.
He was a priest(you're mistaking religions, here!) who fought prejudices, especially the segregation of Blacks in America in the late (the Montgomery boycott in Dec 55 was his first public action ...) 50’s and the 60’s.
After a black women refused to move to give up her seat on a bus, MLK led a boycott: the Montgomery Bus Boycott. (So ? )
Then, he took part into the March of Washington in 1963 where he enunciates his well-known speech “I have a Dream”.
He stood against racism and gather (tense) people around one idea: secure civil rights in the USA.
He got killed for his convictions. He became also(word order) a hero for Black People.
MLK embodies XXX values of courage, determination and perseverance. His struggle has influenced American society.
He is still a symbol for Black people XX human rights in the USA.

Now, I would deal my oral(sorry! doesn't make sense!) with the myth of the Queens in England.
I’d like to explain how come their figures are so notorious in the British society?
We will focus on two queens: Elizabeth the first and Victoria.
English people worship their figures.
I choose to speak of two portraits that represent their power and authority.

The first one commemorates the high point of the reign of Elizabeth I. It was attributed to Georges Gower.
The queen is presented as a powerful figure as her hand on a globe symbolises her desire for an empire. This was the age of W. Raleigh’s explorations in the Atlantic Coast.
The chair in the portrait is curved with a mermaid, creatures (clumsy)that attract sailors and cause their deaths. It may mean Elizabeth herself is a mermaid responsible for the defeat of her enemies.
The gold suns on her sleeves and the pearls on her clothes give messages about her power by linking her with the sun and the moon.(So?)
The main colourS used, black, red, and golden emphasize the sensation of wealth and beauty. She looks elusive.

That's all for tonight ! It's your turn, now ...

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux