Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/ idée de progrès

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/ idée de progrès
Message de hishoka posté le 28-03-2015 à 17:25:03 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
je passe bientôt des oraux blancs, et je vous soumets ma préparation, en espérant que quelqu’un pourra m'aider et me corriger si possible. Merci beaucoup de votre attention.

I am going to talk about the notion of progress.
First of all, I would like to give a definition of this notion. Progress is the idea that the world and the society can evolve positively. It can be defined as an improvement, a change or a development technical, scientific or social which contributes to making the world a better place. Nowadays, Technology improves all the times .In the last twenty years, technology has kept on improving, and plays a more and more important role in our life. For example, each family can have at least one TV, one computer, and several cell phones. That is why I cannot help but wonder if we have become dependent on technology, and what would happen if you had no power overnight?

That’s exactly what happened the ninth of September two thousand eleven
There was a massive black out which hit south west american coast and millions of people were left in darkness, and they realized they took electricity for granted.
However, in spite of the situation, they adapted quickly. On one side, it was a bad experience, but on the bright side, it had some good results such as bringing people together. They got acquainted with one another and some of them found it fun and romantic because of candles during dinner.

Secondly, more and more people tried the experiment to go without technology. The autor Susan Maushart's family experimented it. She wrote the book "the winter of our disconnect" to tell what happened during this disconnection. At home, she had three teenagers and they each had their own cellphones and computers. They were obsessed with technology and she had enough of seeing the back of their head, so she decided to try the disconnection for few months. This experiment made them realize how much they rely on their tech devices, and they felt liberating, like free to discover new things. Susan perfectly illustrates the notion "idea of progress". I mean, in her action, she highlighted two different notions of progress. First, she showed how much technology is present an essential in our mind, secondly, is to realize and denounce it.

Finally, I would like to talk about those people who have decided to live cut off from all technologies, such as the man living in this yurt, on the first document we saw. He lives strictly with the bare necessities, and this man might be an ecologist who want to pass on a message to other people that in fact you can live without electritcy. Contrary to him who has changed his way of life, there is Amish people, who have never been with technology. The community aims at being self-sufficient in the eyes of the world. They use that as a way to to explain why they havent participated to the evolution of technology. They don’t have cars, nor any kind of technology. Their tradition and way of life is transmitted orally and not in writing. Due to that they can change around traditions as they please. Even though you can find the Amish Beachy drive cars, gain electricity, smartphones, and the new tractor, most live like 200 years ago. The movie Witness with Harrison Ford draws our attention to the fact that they can perfectly live and be happy without technology.
In my opinion, I know that it's a good idea when I see the place which takes cons in my life, but I don't know if i could do it for more than one week. I don't know if I'm considered an addict ,but I'm used to using my smartphone and my computer often. I think if I were to give both the phone and computer up I would do better in school and studies.
To conclude, we have seen with these different documents and evidence that it's possible, for someone living in our consuming society, to have a life without technology. It doesn't mean that technology is bad and that we have to stop using it, but just that we have to pay attention to the way we use and not to become too dependent on it.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 28-03-2015 17:31

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux