Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Oral /Gap Year

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral /Gap Year
Message de sebea27 posté le 03-04-2015 à 13:48:38 (S | E | F)
Bonjour !
Je prépare mon oral de Bac en anglais. Pouvez-vous m'aider à corriger mon exposé, s'il vous plaît ? Vous me seriez d'une grande aide.
Merci beaucoup d'avance.

I’m going to talk about the notion “Space and exchanges”. This notion deals with the geographical and symbolic spaces that all societies occupy, and also the interactions between men and different societies. The different spaces of the world are nowadays more and more connected to each other. So crossing the borders has become easier and faster and new modes of exchange are emerging. An exchange is when we give in return for something received and can take several forms: economic, cultural or movement of people…
I would like to speak about gap year, a theme of cultural interaction that more and more students experiment. To illustrate this theme, I have chosen two documents I studied in class. The first document is a video entitled “Which project is for you” and the second document is an article entitled "Postcard from the edge". I intend to explain why a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures? I’m going to present, in the first time, the advantages brought by gapers, and in the second time, the benefits they receive by doing a gap year.

First of all, I would like to give a definition of this theme. A gap year is a break taken by students to engage in humanitarian or environmental projects. It’s generally a year after high school, for having experience in another country before starting graduate school.

With the two documents, we learn that the gapers bring a lot of advantages to people in other countries.
In the video “Which project is for you”, six people present their different projects of gap year like community development, teaching, conservation, building or doing sport. They mention their volunteer work as, for example, to build schools and houses, to rescue animals as a ranger game, to help in an orphanage, to teach in poor schools or to coach children to play sports. So, they give a lot of services to people because they spend their time for developing countries, helping poor people or orphans or caring of animals. As they said in the video, “they give back to people” and “they make a difference in people’s lives”.
In the article "Postcard from the edge", the character Jenifer Davies spent a gap year in Alklavic, a small isolated village in the Canadian Artic circle. She too gave a lot of her time for helping poor people. She taught in a school, and she offered private lessons at students who have difficulties in learning. She tutored a girl, 13 years old, with really difficulties in reading. She also taught her how to cook, sew and count.

In class, we saw also that doing a gap year brought a lot of benefits for the gapers.
Firstly, it’s a good experience for CV. In the video, they mention the benefits brought by their project. For some of them, during their gap year, they developed their knowledge, learnt new activities or new sports, got practical experience, … So, doing a gap year improve your skill and enrich your experience
Secondly, it’s a good experience for culture yourself and discovering the world. During a gap year, you could travel overseas so you could discover new geographical site and learn new languages. Also, you could meet new people and interact with them. So you could learn a lot about their way of life and discover their customs, as Jenifer in Aklavik. In this village, she discovered that many people take alcohol and drugs because the unemployment has increased. So many children are affected by the foetal alcohol syndrome which damage physically and mentally.
Thirstly, this experience can change your mind. Doing a gap year allows you to gain independence. You could become more mature and get confidence. Jenifer said she has learned a lot about herself and she changed her mind. She has become more versatile and resilient. She realized her problems were not important compared to their problems. She has learned to put thing into perspective. So, this experience can change your project of life. Jenifer dreams of going back to Alklavic and work as a doctor. So that, she could help people and prevent alcohol problems.

In both documents, the arguments put forward are that doing a gap year is an enriching and interesting experience that can change your life. On the one hand, the gapers bring their services, their volunteer work and their knowledge, and on the other hand, they receive a lot of their experience which enriching their skill, their culture and can change your mind.
So a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures, and this theme is an interesting illustration of the notion “Space and exchanges”. If I have the opportunity, I would like to do a gap year in the USA.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 04-04-2015 15:00

Réponse: Oral /Gap Year de here4u, postée le 03-04-2015 à 15:59:41 (S | E)
Hello !

Encore un roman fleuve ... Mais qu'avez-vous tous donc, en ce moment ??? Je commence ... pour continuer, on verra ...

I’m going to talk about the notion of “Space and exchanges”. This notion deals with the geographical and symbolic spaces that all societies(??) occupy, and also the interactions between men and different societies. The different spaces of the world are nowadays more and more connected to each other. So crossing the borders has become easier and faster and new modes of exchangeS are emerging. An exchange is when we give XXXX in return for something received and can take several forms: economic, cultural or movement of people???…(not clear ...)
I would like to speak about gap yearS, a theme of cultural interaction that more and more students experiment. To illustrate this theme, I have chosen two documents I studied in class. The first document is a video entitled “Which project is for you” and the second document is an article entitled "Postcard from the edge". I intend to explain why a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures? I’m going to present, (in the) at first (time), the advantages brought by gapers, and then (in the second time), the benefits they receive by doing a gap year.

First of all, I would like to give a definition of this theme. A gap year is a break taken by students to engage in humanitarian or environmental projects. It’s generally a year after high school, for having(construction) experience in another country before starting graduate school.

With the two documents, we learn that the gapers bring a lot of advantages to people in other countries.
In the video “Which project is for you”, six people present their different projects of gap year like community development, teaching, conservation, building or doing sportS. They mention their volunteer work as, for example, (to) buildXXX schools and/or houses, ('to' = 'pour' !) rescue animals as a ranger game, to helpXXX in an orphanage, (to) teachXXX in poor schools or (to) coachXXX children to play sports. So, they give a lot of services to people because they spend their time (for) developing countries, helping poor people or orphans or caring of animals. As they said in the video, “they give back to people” and “they make a difference in people’s lives”.
In the article "Postcard from the edge", the character Jenifer Davies spent a gap year in Alklavic, a small isolated village in the Canadian Artic circle. She too gave a lot of her time (for) helping poor people. She taught in a school, and she offered private lessons at students who have (tense)difficulties in learning. She tutored a girl, 13 years old,(a compound adjective would be better ...) with really difficulties in reading. She also taught her how to cook, sew and count.

In class, we saw also(word order) that doing a gap year brought a lot of benefits for the gapers.

Not bad at all ! I'll go on when I can !

Réponse: Oral /Gap Year de sebea27, postée le 08-04-2015 à 10:21:09 (S | E)
Bonjour Here4u,
Merci pour la correction

I’m going to talk about the notion of “Space and exchanges”. This notion deals with the geographical and symbolic spaces, and also the interactions between men and different societies. The different spaces of the world are nowadays more and more connected to each other. So crossing the borders has become easier and faster and new modes of exchanges are emerging. An exchange is when we give something in return for something received and can take several forms: economic, cultural or financial…
I would like to speak about gap years, a theme of cultural interaction that more and more students experiment. To illustrate this theme, I have chosen two documents I studied in class. The first document is a video entitled “Which project is for you” and the second document is an article entitled "Postcard from the edge". I intend to explain why a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures? I’m going to present, at first, the advantages brought by gapers, and then, the benefits they receive by doing a gap year.

First of all, I would like to give a definition of this theme. A gap year is a break taken by students to engage in humanitarian or environmental projects. It’s generally a year after high school, in order to have experience in another country before starting graduate school.

In the video “Which project is for you”, six people present their different projects of gap year like community development, teaching, conservation, building or doing sports. They mention their volunteer work as, for example, building schools or houses, rescuing animals as a ranger game, helping in an orphanage, teaching in poor schools or coaching children to play sports. So, they give a lot of services to people because they spend their time developing countries, helping poor people or orphans or taking care of animals. As they said in the video, “they give back to people” and “they make a difference in people’s lives”.
In the article "Postcard from the edge", the character Jenifer Davies spent a gap year in Alklavic, a small isolated village in the Canadian Artic circle. She too gave a lot of her time helping poor people. She taught in a school, and she offered private lessons to students who had difficulties in learning. She tutored a girl, 13 years old, with real difficulties in reading. She also taught her how to cook, sew and count.

In class, we also saw that doing a gap year brought a lot of benefits for the gapers.

Réponse: Oral /Gap Year de bluestar, postée le 08-04-2015 à 15:06:13 (S | E)
Bonjour...

I’m going to talk about the notion of “Space and exchanges”. This notion deals with the geographical and symbolic spaces, and also the interactions between men and different societies. The different spaces of the world are nowadays more and more connected to each other,. sSo crossing the borders has become easier and faster and new modes of exchanges are emerging. An exchange is when we give something in return for something received and can take several forms: economic, cultural or financial…
I would like to speak about gap years, a theme of cultural interaction that more and more students experiment with. To illustrate this theme, I have chosen two documents I studied in class. The first document is a video entitled “Which project is for you” and the second document is an article entitled "Postcard from the edge". I intend to explain why a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures? I’m going to present, at first, the advantages brought by gappers, and then, the benefits they receive by doing a gap year.

First of all, I would like to give a definition of this theme. A gap year is a break taken by students to engage in humanitarian or environmental projects. It’s generally a year after high school, in order to have experience in another country before starting graduate school.
With the two documents, we learn that the gappers bring a lot of advantages to people in other countries.

In the video “Which project is for you”, six people present their different projects of gap year like community development, teaching, conservation, building or doing sports. They mention their volunteer work as, for example, building schools or houses, rescuing animals as a ranger game (ordre des mots), helping in an orphanage, teaching in poor schools or coaching children to play sports. So, they give a lot of services to people because they spend their time developing countries, helping poor people or orphans or taking care of animals. As they said in the video, “they give back to people” and “they make a difference in people’s lives”.
In the article "Postcard from the edge", the character Jennifer Davies spent a gap year in Alklavic, a small isolated village in the Canadian Arctic circle. She too gave a lot of her time helping poor people. She taught in a school, and she offered private lessons to students who had difficulties in learning. She tutored a girl, 13 years old, with real difficulties in reading. She also taught her how to cook, sew and count.

In class, we also saw that doing a gap year brought a lot of benefits for the gappers.

Réponse: Oral /Gap Year de bluestar, postée le 08-04-2015 à 15:16:59 (S | E)
Bonjour..

Firstly, it’s a good experience for the CV. In the video, they mention the benefits brought by their project. For some of them, during their gap year, they developed their knowledge, learnt new activities or new sports, got practical experience, … So, doing a gap year improve your skill and enrich your experience
Secondly, it’s a good experience for culture yourself and discovering the world. During a gap year, you could travel overseas so you could discover new geographical site(pluriel) and learn new languages. Also, you could meet new people and interact with them. So you could learn a lot about their way of life and discover their customs, as Jennifer in Aklavik. In this village, she discovered that many people take alcohol and drugs because the unemployment has increased. So many children are affected by the foetal alcohol syndrome which damages....qui?... physically and mentally.
Thirstly, this experience can change your mind. Doing a gap year allows you to gain independence. You could become more mature and get confidence. Jennifer said she has learned a lot about herself and she changed her mind. She has become more versatile and resilient. She realized her problems were not important compared to their problems. She has learned to put thing (pluriel) into perspective. So, this experience can change your project of life. Jennifer dreams of going back to Alklavic and work (verbe-ing) as a doctor. So that, she could help people and prevent alcohol problems. (Ce devrait être une continuation de la même phrase et pas une nouvelle phrase)
In both documents, the arguments put forward are that doing a gap year is an enriching and interesting experience that can change your life. On the one hand, the gapers bring their services, their volunteer work and their knowledge, and on the other hand, they receive a lot of their experience which enriching their skills, their culture and can change your mind.
So a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures, and this theme is an interesting illustration of the notion “Space and exchanges”. If I have the opportunity, I would like to do a gap year in the USA.

Réponse: Oral /Gap Year de sebea27, postée le 09-04-2015 à 14:21:50 (S | E)
Bonjour bluestar,
Merci pour la correction

I’m going to talk about the notion of “Space and exchanges”. This notion deals with the geographical and symbolic spaces, and also the interactions between men and different societies. The different spaces of the world are nowadays more and more connected to each other, so crossing the borders has become easier and faster and new modes of exchanges are emerging. An exchange is when we give something in return for something received and can take several forms: economic, cultural or financial…
I would like to speak about gap years, a theme of cultural interaction that more and more students experiment with. To illustrate this theme, I have chosen two documents I studied in class. The first document is a video entitled “Which project is for you” and the second document is an article entitled "Postcard from the edge". I intend to explain why a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures? I’m going to present, at first, the advantages brought by gappers, and then, the benefits they receive by doing a gap year.

In the video “Which project is for you”, six people present their different gap year projects like community development, teaching, conservation, building or doing sports. They mention their volunteer work as, for example, building schools or houses, rescuing animals as a game ranger, helping in an orphanage, teaching in poor schools or coaching children to play sports. So, they give a lot of services to people because they spend their time developing countries, helping poor people or orphans or taking care of animals. As they said in the video, “they give back to people” and “they make a difference in people’s lives”.
In the article "Postcard from the edge", the character Jennifer Davies spent a gap year in Alklavic, a small isolated village in the Canadian Arctic circle. She too gave a lot of her time helping poor people. She taught in a school, and she offered private lessons to students who had difficulties in learning. She tutored a girl, 13 years old, with real difficulties in reading. She also taught her how to cook, sew and count.

In class, we also saw that doing a gap year brought a lot of benefits for the gappers.
Firstly, it’s a good experience for the CV. In the video, they mention the benefits brought by their project. For some of them, during their gap year, they developed their knowledge, learnt new activities or new sports, got practical experience, … So, doing a gap year improves your skills and enriches your experience
Secondly, it’s a good experience for discovering the world. During a gap year, you could travel overseas so you could discover new geographical sites and learn new languages. Also, you could meet new people and interact with them. So you could learn a lot about their way of life and discover their customs, as Jennifer in Aklavik. In this village, she discovered that many people take alcohol and drugs because unemployment has increased. So many children are affected by foetal alcohol syndrome which damages them physically and mentally.
Trirdly, this experience can change your mind. Doing a gap year allows you to gain independence. You could become more mature and get confidence. Jennifer said she has learned a lot about herself and she changed her mind. She has become more versatile and resilient. She realized her problems were not important compared to their problems. She has learned to put things into perspective. So, this experience can change your project of life. Jennifer dreams of going back to Alklavic and working as a doctor, so that, she could help people and prevent alcohol problems.

In both documents, the arguments put forward are that doing a gap year is an enriching and interesting experience that can change your life. On the one hand, the gappers bring their services, their volunteer work and their knowledge, and on the other hand, they receive a lot of experience which enriching their skills, their culture and can change their mind.

Salut

Réponse: Oral /Gap Year de bluestar, postée le 09-04-2015 à 14:40:17 (S | E)
Bonjour..

I’m going to talk about the notion of “Space and exchanges”. This notion deals with the geographical and symbolic spaces, and also the interactions between men and different societies. The different spaces of the world are nowadays more and more connected to each other, so crossing the borders has become easier and faster and new modes of exchanges are emerging. An exchange is when we give something in return for something received and can take several forms: economic, cultural or financial…
I would like to speak about gap years, a theme of cultural interaction that more and more students experiment with. To illustrate this theme, I have chosen two documents I studied in class. The first document is a video entitled “Which project is for you?” and the second document is an article entitled "Postcard from the edge". I intend to explain why a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures? [point d'interrogation a supprimer,ce ne est pas une question] I’m going to present, at first, the advantages brought by gappers, and then, the benefits they receive by doing a gap year.

In the video “Which project is for you”, six people present their different gap year projects like community development, teaching, conservation, building or doing sports. They mention their volunteer work as, for example, building schools or houses, rescuing animals as a game ranger, helping in an orphanage, teaching in poor schools or coaching children to play sports. So, they give a lot of services to people because they spend their time developing countries, helping poor people or orphans or taking care of animals. As they said in the video, “they give back to people” and “they make a difference in people’s lives”.

Firstly, it’s a good experience for the CV. In the video, they mention the benefits brought by their project. For some of them, during their gap year, they developed their knowledge, learnt new activities or new sports, got practical experience, … So, doing a gap year improves your skills and enriches your experience
Secondly, it’s a good experience for discovering the world. During a gap year, you could travel overseas so you could discover new geographical sites and learn new languages. Also, you could meet new people and interact with them. So you could learn a lot about their way of life and discover their customs, as Jennifer did in Aklavik. In this village, she discovered that many people take alcohol and drugs because unemployment has increased. So many children are affected by foetal alcohol syndrome which damages them physically and mentally.
Trirdly, Thirdly this experience can change your mind. Doing a gap year allows you to gain independence. You could become more mature and get confidence. Jennifer said she (has) learned a lot about herself and she changed her mind. She has become became more versatile and resilient. She realized her problems were not important compared to their problems. She has learned to put things into perspective. So, this experience can change your project of life. Jennifer dreams of going back to Alklavic and working as a doctor, so that, she could help people and prevent alcohol problems.

In both documents, the arguments put forward are that doing a gap year is an enriching and interesting experience that can change your life. On the one hand, the gappers bring their services, their volunteer work and their knowledge, and on the other hand, they receive a lot of experience which enriching(pas participe ici, 3eme personne singulier) their skills, their culture and can change their mind.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-04-2015 16:16
Bug has been fixed.

Réponse: Oral /Gap Year de sebea27, postée le 10-04-2015 à 17:31:14 (S | E)
Bonjour bluestar,
Voici ma correction

I would like to speak about gap years, a theme of cultural interaction that more and more students experiment with. To illustrate this theme, I have chosen two documents I studied in class. The first document is a video entitled “Which project is for you?” and the second document is an article entitled "Postcard from the edge". I intend to explain why a gap year is an exchange of services and cultures. I’m going to present, at first, the advantages brought by gappers, and then, the benefits they receive by doing a gap year.

With the two documents, we learn that the gappers bring a lot of advantages to people in other countries.
In the video “Which project is for you?”, six people present their different gap year projects like community development, teaching, conservation, building or doing sports. They mention their volunteer work as, for example, building schools or houses, rescuing animals as a game ranger, helping in an orphanage, teaching in poor schools or coaching children to play sports. So, they give a lot of services to people because they spend their time developing countries, helping poor people or orphans or taking care of animals. As they said in the video, “they give back to people” and “they make a difference in people’s lives”.

Secondly, it’s a good experience for discovering the world. During a gap year, you could travel overseas so you could discover new geographical sites and learn new languages. Also, you could meet new people and interact with them. So you could learn a lot about their way of life and discover their customs, as Jennifer did in Aklavik. In this village, she discovered that many people take alcohol and drugs because unemployment has increased. So many children are affected by foetal alcohol syndrome which damages them physically and mentally.
Thirdly, this experience can change your mind. Doing a gap year allows you to gain independence. You could become more mature and get confidence. Jennifer said she learned a lot about herself and she changed her mind. She became more versatile and resilient. She realized her problems were not important compared to their problems. She learned to put things into perspective. So, this experience can change your project of life. Jennifer dreams of going back to Alklavic and working as a doctor, so that, she could help people and prevent alcohol problems.

In both documents, the arguments put forward are that doing a gap year is an enriching and interesting experience that can change your life. On the one hand, the gappers bring their services, their volunteer work and their knowledge, and on the other hand, they receive a lot of experience which enriches their skills, their culture and can change their mind.

Merci pour la correction

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux