Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Aide /Idea of progress

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Aide /Idea of progress
Message de missalice75 posté le 24-04-2015 à 16:06:46 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
j'ai tapé ma préparation pour l notion d'idée de progrès. J'aimerais avoir tous conseils, aides, corrections à apporter sur mon texte. Je remercie par avance la bonne âme qui voudrait bien m'aider ! ;D

I am going to deal with the notion of progress. The idea of progress basically consists in believing that the world can become better in terms of art, science, technology, liberty and quality of life.
Progress is a term that covers a multitude of issues but perhaps the interpretation which preoccupies us the most is the progress in technology which has revolutionised our everyday life.
But as the rhythm of progress seems to have accelerated these last few decades with an ever faster increase of major technological and scientific breakthroughs, the cult of novelty and progress is now being questioned. Indeed a growing number of people voice their concern about ethical, social and environmental consequences of such development and about the excesses of today’s consumer society.
So my question is : Can we really consider that the fast development of technology has made a social progress in our lives?

I) First of all, we can definitely that new technologies have made a social step forward.
Domestic appliances have changed the way we spend our time. In fact in the last 50 years we have significantly reduced the time spent doing chores thanks to labour-saving devices such as vacuum cleaners and washing machines.
We have much more time available for professional and leisure activities.
These devices have also changed the role of women in society. They have more time available to do other, more enjoyable things than housework.
Technology has also fundamentally changed our relationships : communicating with others is much more convenient now.

II) However, we can also definitely say that there are potential dangers associated with technical progress.
Indeed, the increasing use of technology is reducing the instances of contact with others. We are spending more time with virtual relationships than real life ones. And the teenagers are the most impacted ones. They would chat with friends on Facebook rather than actually meeting up to talk face to face.
In a recent a recent article published in the Guardian, the journalist tells that a Chinese city have designated a « cellphone lane » for people who use their phones while walking.
This article shows that smartphone users are definitely more and more cut off from the real world, to the point where they stop having human contacts with people in the street
Another great danger is that we never know how much truth there is in the information we read about people. Privacy and information exchanged on the internet is indeed a burning issue at the moment.
Internet danger number 1 is Cyberbullying. Cyberbullying differs from schoolyard bullying because teachers can’t intervene on the internet. Cyberbullies can easily spread private informations of other kids they dislike, whether it is true or not.
And this can actually lead to the point where some teenagers decide to commit suicide.

III) But lately, scientists do their best in order to "re-humanize" the image of new technologies. A few weeks ago, I took the journal Metronews on the road to school, and I read an article about a scientific team funded by the European Union. They designed GiraffPlus, a human support system that includes a personal robot designed to take care of the elderly at home. The aim of this robot is to help seniors lead more independent lives, with less risk. The system in expected to be on sale by the end of 2015.

To conclude, new technologies have transformed our lives at every level. But now the issue we have to face then, is how to moderate our use of technology and accept the fact that there are perhaps as many negative aspects to it as there are positive ones.
As for me, I find the use of new technologies very convenient but I became a real smartphone addict. And whenever I do my homework or prepare my exams, I have to force myself to turn off my phone so I can seriously study.
So our task is to incorporate the use of it into the way we live and work, without it to take over our lives.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 24-04-2015 19:14

Réponse: Aide /Idea of progress de gerondif, postée le 25-04-2015 à 22:45:16 (S | E)
Bonjour,
I am going to deal with the notion of progress. The idea of progress basically consists in believing that the world can become better in terms of art, science, technology, liberty and quality of life.
Progress is a term that covers a multitude of issues but perhaps the interpretation which preoccupies us the most is (the) progress in technology which has revolutionised our everyday life.
But as the rhythm of progress seems to have accelerated these last few decades with an ever faster increase of major technological and scientific breakthroughs, the cult of novelty and progress is now being questioned. Indeed a growing number of people voice their concern about ethical, social and environmental consequences of such development and about the excesses of today’s consumer society.
(Il vous faudra du souffle pour sortir de si longues phrases à l'oral! Allez y lentement pour que l'examinateur puisse suivre!)

So my question is : Can we really consider that the fast development of technology has made a social progress in our lives?

I) First of all, we can definitely say? that new technologies have made a social step forward.
Domestic appliances have changed the way we spend our time. In fact in the last 50 years we have significantly reduced the time spent doing chores thanks to labour-saving devices such as vacuum cleaners and washing machines.
We have much more time available for professional and leisure activities.
These devices have also changed the role of women in society. They have more time available to do other, more enjoyable things than housework.
Technology has also fundamentally changed our relationships : communicating with others is much more convenient now.

II) However, we can also definitely say that there are potential dangers associated with technical progress.
Indeed, the increasing use of technology is reducing the instances of contact with others. We are spending more time with virtual relationships than real life ones. And the teenagers are the most impacted ones. They would (will irait mieux, nuance d'obstination) chat with friends on Facebook rather than actually meeting up to talk face to face.
In a recent a recent article published in the Guardian, the journalist tells us that a Chinese city have (city n'est pas pluriel) designated a « cellphone lane » for people who use their phones while walking.
This article shows that smartphone users are definitely more and more cut off from the real world, to the point where they stop having human contacts with people in the street.
Another great danger is that we never know how much truth there is in the information we read about people. Privacy and information exchanged on the internet is indeed a burning issue at the moment.
Internet danger number 1 is Cyberbullying. Cyberbullying differs from schoolyard bullying because teachers can’t intervene on the internet. Cyberbullies can easily spread private informations of other kids they dislike, whether it is true or not.
And this can actually lead to the point where some teenagers decide to commit suicide.

III) But lately, scientists do(j'aurais mis un present perfect) their best in order to "re-humanize" the image of new technologies. A few weeks ago, I took the journal(newspaper?) Metronews on the road to school, and I read an article about a scientific team funded by the European Union. They designed GiraffPlus, a human support system that includes a personal robot designed to take care of the elderly at home. The aim of this robot is to help seniors lead more independent lives, with less risk. The system in expected to be on sale by the end of 2015.

To conclude, new technologies have transformed our lives at every level. But now the issue we have to face then, is how to moderate our use of technology and accept the fact that there are perhaps as many negative aspects to it as there are positive ones.
As for me, I find the use of new technologies very convenient but I became a real smartphone addict. And whenever I do my homework or prepare my exams, I have to force myself to turn off my phone so I can seriously study.
So our task is to incorporate the use of it(mais le dernier mot "technologies" était au pluriel, alors que représente ce "it"?) into the way we live and work, without it to take over(mal construit) our lives. Essayez avec while preventing it from

Sinon, c'est pas mal!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux