Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/ idea of progress

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/ idea of progress
Message de leab posté le 06-05-2015 à 14:48:36 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Je passe mon oral d'anglais dans 1 semaine et je ne suis pas très sure de ce que j'ai fait. Pourriez-vous me donner vos avis s'il vous plait ?
Merci pour vos réponses.

I'm going to talk about the notion idea of progress. First of all, progress can be defined as an improvement, a develpment or a changements for example in politics with democraty, transport, technologie or medicine with the discovery of cures for illnesses. All of these improvements are realised to make the world a better place. So we may answer the question : is progress always positive? To answer this question I chose two documents. The first one is a cartoon entitled "odd man out" and the second one is a text extract from USA today. I have chosen these documents because they offer different points of view about progress.
The first document "odd man out" shows a factory who creates humans. In this factory all the humans are the same, same face, eyes, mouth, underpants and we can suppose they also have the same temper. These similarities are possible thanks to eugenics, a science which studies methods of improving the genetic composition of the human race by selective breeding. And if there are men who aren't conform to the regulation because they are too small, pale, don't have the right hair colour or have a disproportional member in their bodies for example they will be thrown into a dustbin. This cartoon is very interesting to illustrate the notion idea of progress because the artist denounces the idea of perfecting human genetics and the resulting dehumanization.
We saw a bad vision of progress through a cartoon. Now I'm going to approach an other side of progress.
The second document is a text about a girl, molly, who had been saved by her brother, Adam. Indeed molly had a rare illness and she was destined to die before the age of seven. So molly's parents decided to turn to PGD a science wich consists in creating embryons in a lab by fertilizing a woman's eggs with sperm and selecting the embryo which has the requiered characteristics. Thanks to PGD Adam was an ideal bone marrow donor for his sister and thanks to that molly was cured. She was the first child cured thanks to PDG. So this text perfectly illustrates a type of progress, the medicine improvements.
In my opinion progress is a very good thing when it's used to cure or improve and facilitate daily life but progress can have perverse effects like in the first document where all human are the same, for me it's a really awful thing because the physical and moral differences are important to talk, to exchange opinions and to differentiate one another. Moreover, it's a kind of freedom to be different.
To conclude, progress is very important to live in better conditions but it shouldn't be used for anything and all the time otherwise it can be dangerous. We can also relate these documents to the notion places and forms of power because these improvements, harmful or not, are a kind of power.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-05-2015 16:57

Réponse: Bac/ idea of progress de gerondif, postée le 06-05-2015 à 16:57:07 (S | E)
Bonjour,
erreurs en bleu, corrections en vert
I'm going to talk about the notion idea of progress. First of all, progress can be defined as an improvement, a development or a changements (mot français)for example in politics with democraty, transport, technologie(mot français) or medicine with the discovery of cures for illnesses. All of these improvements are realised to make the world a better place. So we may answer the question : is progress always positive? To answer this question I chose two documents. The first one is a cartoon entitled "odd man out" and the second one is a text extract from USA today. I have chosen these documents because they offer different points of view about progress.

The first document "odd man out" shows a factory who creates humans. In this factory all the humans are the same, same face, eyes, mouth, underpants and we can suppose they also have the same temper. These similarities are possible thanks to eugenics, a science which studies methods of improving the genetic composition of the human race by selective breeding. And if there are men who aren't(auxiliaire do) conform to the regulations because they are too small, pale, don't have the right hair colour or have a disproportional member(plutôt limb ) in their bodies for example they will be thrown into the dustbin. This cartoon is very interesting to illustrate the notion idea of progress because the artist denounces the idea of perfecting human genetics and the resulting dehumanization.
We saw a bad vision of progress through a cartoon. Now I'm going to approach an other side of progress.

The second document is a text about a girl, Molly, who had been saved(qui avait été sauvée? ça me paraît trop loin) by her brother, Adam. Indeed Molly had a rare illness and she was destined to die before the age of seven. So Molly's parents decided to turn to PGD (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD)) a science wich(orthographe) consists in creating embryons (mot français) in a lab by fertilizing a woman's eggs with sperm and selecting the embryo which has the required characteristics. Thanks to PGD Adam was an ideal bone-marrow donor for his sister and thanks to that Molly was cured. She was the first child cured thanks to PDG. So this text perfectly illustrates a type of progress, the medicine improvements.
In my opinion progress is a very good thing when it's used to cure or improve and facilitate daily life but progress can have perverse effects like in the first document where all human beings are the same, for me it's a really awful thing because the physical and moral differences are important to talk, to exchange opinions and to differentiate one another.(to be different from one another) Moreover, it's a kind of freedom to be different.
To conclude, progress is very important to live in better conditions but it shouldn't be used for anything and all the time, otherwise it can be dangerous. We can also relate these documents to the notion places and forms of power because these improvements, harmful or not, are a kind of power.

Réponse: Bac/ idea of progress de leab, postée le 06-05-2015 à 17:11:52 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide!
Au lieu de mettre aren't je mets don't ?

Réponse: Bac/ idea of progress de gerondif, postée le 06-05-2015 à 17:18:57 (S | E)
oui!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux