Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/Spaces and exchanges

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Spaces and exchanges
Message de leab posté le 07-05-2015 à 15:54:48 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Je passe mon oral dans peu de temps, pourriez-vous me donner vos avis s'il vous plait ?
Merci pour vos réponses.

I'm going to talk about the notion spaces and exchanges that is to say flows of all types such as flows of goods or wealth between different countries all around the world or migratory flows. I'm going to talk about migratory flows. Each year there are a lot of foreigners trying to cross the US border. So we may answer the question : Does the migrants expectations correspond to reality ? To answer this question I chose two documents, the first one is a song entitled « American Land » by Bruce Springsteen and the second one is a cartoon entitled « An Alien». I have chosen these documents because they offer two different aspect of Americain dream.

The first document « American land » deals with a man who wants to go to America because he heard wonderful things about this country. Indeed, at the beginning of this song, he defines America as a paradise, where there are diamonds, jobs and the resulting treasures for each hard working man and candies growing up in the trees. That's why he decided to move to America and bring his wife and children. This description is a little bit fictionalized but it illustrates the notion spaces and exchanges because it's the typical definition of the American dream which drives people to emigrate. America is seen like a country where everything is possible.The artist has mixed points of view about America, in the second part of the song he also denounces the American dream.

Indeed, we saw the expectations of migrants trought a song but the American dream have also bad sides.

The second document « An alien » shows the Statue of Liberty in a car, arrested by a policeman who says « I can tell by the colour of your skin you're not from around here, are you ? ». She's supposed to represent immigration, in a land of immigration, the United States but she's not recognized in her country anymore. This cartoon illustrates an actual contradiction since the United States are a country born thanks to immigration but migrants are not accepted anymore.

That prouves that both the country and people's mentality are changed. It criticizes the Arizona law of two thousand and ten about immigration and the American dream. This cartoon illustrates the notion because there is border control and also because human exchanges are limited.

In my opinion there are a lot of difficulties for emigrate. Indeed, many actions have been taken to stop migrants like walls, milice man or cameras for example. Moreover, when they are in the country their life conditions are not always good. However, the migrants can have opportunities for social mobility.

To conclude, migrants expectations are quickly broken, they have to face off a complicated reality. Nevertheless, there are many examples of people who succeed to fullfill the American Dream like Schwarzenneger. We can also relate these documents to the notion myths and heroes because we may wonder if the American dream is a myth or the reality.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 07-05-2015 19:13

Réponse: Bac/Spaces and exchanges de gerondif, postée le 07-05-2015 à 17:20:10 (S | E)
Bonjour,
erreurs en bleu, corrections en vert

I'm going to talk about the notion spaces and exchanges that is to say flows of all types such as flows of goods or wealth between different countries all around the world or migratory flows. I'm going to talk about migratory flows. Each year there are a lot of foreigners trying to cross the US border. So we may answer the question : Does the migrants' expectations correspond to reality ? To answer this question I chose two documents, the first one is a song entitled « American Land » by Bruce Springsteen and the second one is a cartoon entitled « An Alien». I have chosen these documents because they offer two different aspects the of American dream.

The first document « American land » deals with a man who wants to go to America because he heard wonderful things about this country. Indeed, at the beginning of this song, he defines America as a paradise, where there are diamonds, jobs and the resulting treasures for each hard-working man and candies growing up in the trees. That's why he decided to move to America and bring his wife and children. This description is a little bit fictionalized but it illustrates the notion spaces and exchanges because it's the typical definition of the American dream which drives people to emigrate. America is seen like(like, comparée à ou as, en tant que?) a country where everything is possible.The artist has mixed points of view about America, in the second part of the song he also denounces the American dream.

Indeed, we saw the expectations of migrants through a song but the American dream have(3
ème personne!) also(à mattre devant le verbe) bad sides.

The second document « An alien » shows the Statue of Liberty in a car, arrested by a policeman who says « I can tell by the colour of your skin you're not from around here, are you ? ». She's supposed to represent immigration, in a land of immigration, the United States but she's not recognized in her country anymore. This cartoon illustrates an actual contradiction since the United States are(singulier) became a country thanks to immigration but migrants are not accepted anymore.

That prouves that both the country and the people's mentality are(auxiliaire avoir) changed. It criticizes the Arizona law of(from) two thousand and ten about immigration and the American dream. This cartoon illustrates the notion because there is a border control and also because human exchanges are limited.

In my opinion there are a lot of difficulties for emigrate. Indeed, many actions have been taken to stop migrants like walls, milice man or cameras for example. Moreover, when(once, une fois que) they are in the country, their life conditions are not always good. However, the migrants can have opportunities for social mobility.

To conclude, migrants' expectations are quickly broken, they have to face off a complicated reality. Nevertheless, there are many examples of people who succeed in + ing to fullfill the American Dream like Schwarzenneger. We can also relate these documents to the notion myths and heroes because we may wonder if the American dream is a myth or the reality.

Réponse: Bac/Spaces and exchanges de leab, postée le 08-05-2015 à 13:53:15 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux