Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/ places and forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/ places and forms of power
Message de leab posté le 09-05-2015 à 12:40:31 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
Je passe mon oral dans peu de temps, pourriez-vous me donner vos avis s'il vous plait ?
Merci pour vos réponses.

I'm going to talk about the notion places and forms of power. First of all, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour, it can be relate to law, money, media, medicine or men and their opinions. Some forms of power are criticized and rejected by some people. For example this is the case of money and the consumer society. We can answer the question: What is the impact of money on the world? To answer this question, I chose two documents. The first is a poem named "money" by Benjamin Zephaniah and the second is a poster entitled "fair trade". I have chosen these documents because they offer two differents visions about the power of money.

The first document « money » deals with the bad side of money. Indeed, money is define like a source of problems, it makes people selfish and isolated, the world artificial and unrealistic, it values the rich and disadvantages the poor. People are manipulated by money, for having more money they go up to kill someone. The artist denounces the consumer society, greed and the inequalities about money. This poem illustrates the notion places and forms of power because it shows that the power of money can have many horrible consequences.

We saw the bad impacts of money trought a poem. Now I'm going to approach an other side of money.

The second document « fair trade » talks about an alternative form of commerce. On this poster is written « when you choose coffe and fruit and clothes with fair trade you know farmers like me, moussa from Mali, can support my family, strengthen my community and protect our planet » and there are pictures instead of some words to highlight some important things. It encourages to buy products from fair trade because this trade enables to poor population to work. Moreover, it's in tune with the nature, there is not GMO. The artist wants to show that the fair trade is a good thing and encourages to do a good deed.
It's an interesting illustration of the notion places and forms of power as it shows a good way to use the power of money.

In my opinion, money can be a really good thing when it is used for helping the poor population, the disabled persons or the victims of a natural disaster for example. However, it can be dangerous when people give too much importance to money, and when money orders their lives. Moreover, money creates inequalities between rich who have the advantages and the poor who have the disadvantages. For some sociologists, this is the cause of many problems in the world.

To conclude, there are mixed impacts about the money, it can be have social impacts like the isolation, the fake world that the money creates, the conflicts and death because of money for example. Nevertheless it can be beneficial when it is used for a good cause and helps people in need. We can also relate the second document to the notion idea of progress because the fair trade is an improvement in trade system and in the social conditions.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-05-2015 12:44

Réponse: Bac/ places and forms of power de laure95, postée le 09-05-2015 à 18:43:56 (S | E)
Bsr, Bonsoir,
First of all, power is the ability to influence people's behaviour, it can be relate (pas la bonne forme du verbe) to law, money, media, medicine or men and their opinions.
I have chosen these documents because they offer two differents (pas de 's' à un adjectif) visions about the power of money.

Indeed, money is define (pas la bonne forme du verbe) like a source of problems, it makes people selfish and isolated, the world artificial and unrealistic, it values the rich and disadvantages the poor.

We saw the bad impacts of money trought (orthographe) a poem.

The second document « fair trade » talks (un document ne parle pas) about an alternative form of commerce (mot français). On this poster (it) is written « when you choose coffe and fruit and clothes with fair trade you know farmers like me, moussa from Mali, can support my family, strengthen my community and protect our planet » and there are pictures instead of some words to highlight some important things. It encourages to buy products from fair trade because this trade enables to poor population to work.

In my opinion, money can be a really good thing when it is used for helping (o help)the poor population, the disabled persons or the victims of a natural disaster for example.

To conclude, there are mixed impacts about the money, it can be have social impacts like the isolation, the fake world that the money creates, the conflicts and death because of money for example.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 09-05-2015 18:45
Pas d'abréviation sur le forum, merci

Réponse: Bac/ places and forms of power de leab, postée le 10-05-2015 à 14:14:39 (S | E)
Bonjour,
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide.
Cependant je ne comprends pas cette correction : "In my opinion, money can be a really good thing when it is used for helping (o help)the poor population, the disabled persons or the victims of a natural disaster for example."

Réponse: Bac/ places and forms of power de lucile83, postée le 10-05-2015 à 14:24:54 (S | E)
Hello,

it is used for helping (to help)... typing mistake ...means that it would be better to use 'to help' instead of 'for helping'.

Réponse: Bac/ places and forms of power de leab, postée le 11-05-2015 à 16:55:18 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux