Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Avis/ plan

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Avis/ plan
Message de darkrosen posté le 10-06-2015 à 15:24:30 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
j'aurais besoin d'un avis pour savoir si mon plan va avec ma problèmatique s'il vous plait. ^^
Merci pour vos réponses.

I will speak about the topic “The Writer in their Times». To illustrate this topic I have 3 documents. The first document is the poem The Chimney Sweeper drawn from the collection Song of Experience written by William Blake in 1794.The second document is 3 extracts from the novel The adventures of Huckleberry Finn written by Mark Twain in 1885.The last document is the poem I, Too, Sing, America written by Langston Hughes in 1945.These 3 documents can help answer the problematic “How do writers cast light on rejectd people their society? .Now,I will speak about the common points and the difference.

I/The common points
-These 3 documents denounced a social injustice In the poem by William Blake the child who is a Chimney Sweeper is black because he is “stained with soot “William Blake shows a destitute child who does a dangerous job. In The adventures of Huckleberry Finn, the writer denounced two social injustices. The first is the lack of education of the lower class by showing Huck as a poor boy and not educated .The second is slavery because Jim is a black man who served in slavery and fled to find freedom. This idea of inequality between black and white people is included in I, Too , Sing, America because the narrator is a black slave who must eat in the kitchen when his masters receive guests"I am the darker brother./They send me to eat in the kitchen/When company comes,"
-Moreover, in the texts of Mark Twain and William Blake the main character is a destitute child.The chimney sweeper wear "the clothes of death"
-Writers of the Chimney Sweeper and The adventures of Huckleberry Finn use dialogues with the main character.In The Chimney Sweeper"Where are thy father and mother?says/They are both gone upto the church to pray". These dialogues show that oppressed people have an opinion but anybody couldn’t heard. In fact, the Chimney Sweeper blames his parents and criticizes the political and religious power for causing such misery. Huckleberry Finn is confronted with a moral dilemma for his conscience.

II/The differences between these documents
-The writers use a different way of writing. William Blake and Langston Hughes wrote poems structured with a vocabulary clearly demonstrating their commitment and a critic of their society in their time.The Chimney Sweeper is composed of 3 stanzas of 4 lines and I,too,Sing,America is composed of 5 stanzas who are between 1 and 7 lines. Mark Twain wrote a novel with Negro dialects which are difficult to understand but it‘s pungent to critic the slavery and the lack of education of poor children.
- Theses documents show different visions of the society. Mark Twain shows a vision of society during the period of slavery. While Langston Hughes showed a society before and after equality between white and black people in the USA "Tomorrow,/I’ll be at the table/When company comes./Nobody’ll dare/Say to me,/“Eat in the kitchen,"Then."
-Also the characters live in different societies. The chimney sweeper lives in British society after the French Revolution while Huckleberry lives in a slave society of the USA.

To conclude the writers cast light on rejected people their society by their way of writing.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-06-2015 17:04

Réponse: Avis/ plan de bluestar, postée le 10-06-2015 à 17:25:04 (S | E)
Bonjour..

I will speak about the topic “The Writers in their Times». To illustrate this topic I have 3 documents. The first document is the poem The Chimney Sweeper drawn from the collection Song of Experience written by William Blake in 1794.The second document is 3 extracts from the novel The adventures of Huckleberry Finn written by Mark Twain in 1885.The last document is the poem I, Too, Sing, America written by Langston Hughes in 1945.These 3 documents can help answer the problematic question “How do writers cast light on rejected people...(prep.?) their society? .Now,I will speak about the common points and the difference.

I/The common points
-These 3 documents denounced a social injustice In the poem by William Blake the child who is a Chimney Sweeper is black because he is “stained with soot. William Blake shows a destitute child who does a dangerous job. In The adventures of Huckleberry Finn, the writer denounced two social injustices. The first is the lack of education of the lower class by showing Huck as a poor boy and not educated .The second is slavery because Jim is a black man who served in slavery and fled slavery to find freedom. This idea of inequality between black and white people is included in I, Too , Sing, America because the narrator is a black slave who must eat in the kitchen when his masters receive guests: "I am the darker brother./They send me to eat in the kitchen/When company comes,"
-Moreover, in the texts of Mark Twain and William Blake the main character is a destitute child.The chimney sweeper wear (accorde du verbe) "the clothes of death" .
-Writers of the Chimney Sweeper and The adventures of Huckleberry Finn use dialogues with the main character.In The Chimney Sweeper "Where are thy father and mother?says/They are both gone up to the church to pray". These dialogues show that oppressed people have an opinion but anybody couldn’t heard (a reformuler: nobody...). In fact, the Chimney Sweeper blames his parents and criticizes the political and religious power for causing such misery. Huckleberry Finn is confronted with a moral dilemma for his conscience.

II/The differences between these documents
-The writers use a different way of writing. William Blake and Langston Hughes wrote poems structured with a vocabulary clearly demonstrating their commitment and a critic of their society in their time.The Chimney Sweeper is composed of 3 stanzas of 4 lines and I,too,Sing,America is composed of 5 stanzas who are between 1 and 7 lines. Mark Twain wrote a novel with Negro dialects which are difficult to understand but it‘s pungent to critic the slavery and the lack of education of poor children.
- Theses documents show different visions of the society. Mark Twain shows a vision of society during the period of slavery (continuez la meme phrase)..wWhile Langston Hughes showed a society before and after equality between white and black people in the USA "Tomorrow,/I’ll be at the table/When company comes./Nobody’ll dare/Say to me,/“Eat in the kitchen,"Then."
-Also the characters live in different societies. The chimney sweeper lives in British society after the French Revolution while Huckleberry lives in a slave society of the USA.

To conclude the writers cast light on rejected people.. (prep?)... their society by their way of writing.
------------------------
"Critic".. faire une critique de quelque chose en anglais est "to critique" pas "to critic"

Réponse: Avis/ plan de darkrosen, postée le 23-06-2015 à 18:29:54 (S | E)

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux