Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/Mythes et héros

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/Mythes et héros
Message de tif56 posté le 19-04-2016 à 21:22:47 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
voici ma préparation pour l'oral du Bac, j'aimerais avoir vos avis et savoir s'il y a des corrections à apporter.
Merci d'avance

MYTHS AND HEROES
INTRODUCTION
I’m going to talk about the notion of myths and heroes. A myth is a story that may or may not be true. Some myths may have started as true stories but as people retold them some parts may have been changed by mistake or to make them more interesting. A hero is a person admired for their courage, outstanding achievements or noble qualities. Here I’m going focus on the notion of hero. Therefore we will wonder what we call a hero nowadays ? Firstly I will talk about superheroes, then about our daily heroes and finally I will use the example of Martin Luther King to talk about historical heroes.

I) SUPERHEROES:
When talking about heroes one always think about superheroes because you are presented with them since you are child : in comics, movies or cartoons. No matter when you were born, everyone had superheroes and we can find common points between them all. For instance they always fight for the general interest, for the protection of weaker people or for justice. They are considered as the right people fighting against the evil ones even if they sometimes use violence themselves. The aim of using those people is to fix a moral ground. In other words the idea is that the children identify themselves to the heroes so they learn what they can do and what they can’t.
It also contributes to the building of a good self-esteem. Kids learn that even if someone is different from the other, it is not necessarily problem. For example, Hulk is a superhero that is so different from other people that he can be rejected but we finally know that what he does is good and eventually people know he is nice. There is a form of justice in these stories.

II) HEROES OF THE DAILY LIFE
They are ordinary people who don’t have any special power. They putting their lives on the line everyday so that others have a better life or even to save them. We can think of soldiers, firemen, policemen, or doctors. Some people may say this is just their jobs, that it is normal and sometimes they don’t recognize themselves as heroes but only as people doing their jobs. Sully Sullenberger is one of them. He managed to splash down a plane safely on the Hudson River after it was disabled by a bird strike in 2009. He said in many interviews that he doesn’t consider himself as a hero but only « doing the job ». However he saved about one hundred and fifty lives thanks to his reflexes. As he is a pilote, is job is not to save lives so in that sens we can call him a hero.

III) MARTIN LUTHER KING JR : HISTORICAL HERO
Martin Luther King Junior was one of the principal leaders of the Civil Right Movement (1954-1968) in the United States. He was very contested for his way of thinking and so he was shot by James Earl Ray in 1963. King challenged racial discrimination and segregation between Blacks and white especially in the South of the US and he was was a prominent advocate of non violent protest. At the time Blacks and Whites were discriminated against in public schools, in restaurant, and also in buses. He is very famous for the speech he delivered in 1963 : « I have a Dream ». He told people not to hate peoples of different races, religions or origins but to fight for freedom and equality. This speech is a landmark in American history, that is why he is considered as a historical hero. His actions led to the signature of the Civil Rights Act that forbid all forms of discriminations and the Voting Rights Act that allows Black people to vote.

CONCLUSION
To conclude, we can say that generally speaking, heroes provide people with values, they also fight for your lives, and against inequality/for justice.In my opinion, we should keep in mind that superheroes were created more as a sort of propaganda to the USA than for entertainment. Indeed, the American superhero is idealized and often fight against Russian enemy. Finally superheroes could serve as a tool to breed the hate of the enemy.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 19-04-2016 22:25

Réponse: Bac/Mythes et héros de laure95, postée le 21-04-2016 à 12:01:14 (S | E)
Bonjour,
MYTHS AND HEROES
INTRODUCTION
- A hero is a person admired for their (singulier) courage,
- Here I’m going (préposition)focus on the notion of hero.
-Therefore we will wonder what we call a hero nowadays ?: enlever le point d'interrogation: c'est une question indirecte.

I) SUPERHEROES:
- When talking about heroes one always think: conjugaison.
- you are presented (present perfect avec SINCE) with them since you are (article)child
- everyone had superheroes: mettre au présent.
- it is not necessarily (article) problem.

- They are ordinary people who don’t have any special power (pluriel).
- They putting their lives: ce n'est pas un temps.
- his reflexes.
- a pilote (orthographe), is (orthographe)job is not to save lives so in that sens (orthographe)we can call him a hero.

- Blacks and white (pluriel)
- to hate peoples (people est déjà un mot pluriel)

CONCLUSION
- a sort of propaganda to (pas la bonne préposition) the USA than for entertainment.
-Indeed, the American superhero is idealized and often fight (conjugaison) against Russian enemy.

Prévoir une ouverture.

Réponse: Bac/Mythes et héros de tif56, postée le 21-04-2016 à 20:19:17 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup pour votre aide, j'ai corrigé ce que vous m'aviez dit !
L'ouverture est-elle réellement un plus ?
Voici la correction:
MYTHS AND HEROES

INTRODUCTION
I’m going to talk about the notion of myths and heroes. A myth is a story that may or may not be true. Some myths may have started as true stories but as people retold them some parts may have been changed by mistake or to make them more interesting. A hero is a person admired for his courage, outstanding achievements or noble qualities. Here I’m going to focus on the notion of hero. Therefore we will wonder what we call a hero nowadays. Firstly I will talk about superheroes, then about our daily heroes and finally I will use the example of Martin Luther King to talk about historical heroes.

I) SUPERHEROES:
When talking about heroes one always think about superheroes because you are presented with them since you are child : in comics, movies or cartoons. No matter when you were born, everyone have superheroes and we can find common points between them all. For instance they always fight for the general interest, for the protection of weaker people or for justice. They are considered as the right people fighting against the evil ones even if they sometimes use violence themselves. The aim of using those people is to fix a moral ground. In other words the idea is that the children identify themselves to the heroes so they learn what they can do and what they can’t.
It also contributes to the building of a good self-esteem. Kids learn that even if someone is different from the other, it is not necessarily a problem. For example, Hulk is a superhero that is so different from other people that he can be rejected but we finally know that what he does is good and eventually people know he is nice. There is a form of justice in these stories.

They are ordinary people who don’t have any specials powers. They are putting their lives on the line everyday so that others have a better life or even to save them. We can think of soldiers, firemen, policemen, or doctors. Some people may say this is just their jobs, that it is normal and sometimes they don’t recognize themselves as heroes but only as people doing their jobs. Sully Sullenberger is one of them. He managed to splash down a plane safely on the Hudson River after it was disabled by a bird strike in 2009. He said in many interviews that he doesn’t consider himself as a hero but only « doing the job ». However he saved about one hundred and fifty lives thanks to his reflexes. As he is a pilot, his job is not to save lives so in that way we can call him a hero.

Martin Luther King Junior was one of the principal leaders of the Civil Right Movement (1954-1968) in the United States. He was very contested for his way of thinking and so he was shot by James Earl Ray in 1963. King challenged racial discrimination and segregation between Blacks and whites especially in the South of the US and he was was a prominent advocate of non violent protest. At the time Blacks and Whites were discriminated against in public schools, in restaurant, and also in buses. He is very famous for the speech he delivered in 1963 : « I have a Dream ». He told people not to hate people of different races, religions or origins but to fight for freedom and equality. This speech is a landmark in American history, that is why he is considered as a historical hero. His actions led to the signature of the Civil Rights Act that forbid all forms of discriminations and the Voting Rights Act that allows Black people to vote.

CONCLUSION
To conclude, we can say that generally speaking, heroes provide people with values, they also fight for your lives, and against inequality or for justice.In my opinion, we should keep in mind that superheroes were created more as a sort of propaganda for the USA than for entertainment. Indeed, the American superhero is idealized and often fight against Russian enemy. Finally superheroes could serve as a tool to breed the hate of the enemy.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 21-04-2016 20:26

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux