Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

The missing vowels/88

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

The missing vowels/88
Message de marit64 posté le 13-08-2014 à 23:24:05 (S | E | F)
everybody!

Find the missing vowels and unscramble the consonants in order to get the right word.

The number of vowels is given in 5 out of 10 answers.

1- A young swan. ..... (gtcn)
2- A female servant or hotel worker in charge of bedrooms. ..... (bdhmmcr) 4
3- The layer of tissue separating the inner from the outer ear. (mrrd)
4- A person who presents a news broadcast. ..... (wrnssct) 3
5- An infectious disease accompanied by red spots on the skin. ..... (ssml)
6- A small book giving information about (how to do) something. ..... (dkhbn) 3
7- A visitor received in a house, in a hotel etc. ..... (tgs)
8- Full of desire, interest, enthusiastic. ..... (rg)
9- To speak (words) in such a way that they are difficult to hear. ..... (bmlm) 2
10- A great victory or success. ..... (prhtm) 2

Good luck and have fun!

Have a great week!

So long

Réponse: The missing vowels/88 de flowermusic, postée le 14-08-2014 à 00:13:42 (S | E)
Hello Marit

That's my try :

1- A young swan. ..... (gtcn) cygnet
2- A female servant or hotel worker in charge of bedrooms. ..... (bdhmmcr) 4 chambermaid
3- The layer of tissue separating the inner from the outer ear. (mrrd) eardrum
4- A person who presents a news broadcast. ..... (wrnssct) 3 newscaster
5- An infectious disease accompanied by red spots on the skin. ..... (ssml) measles
6- A small book giving information about (how to do) something. ..... (dkhbn) 3 handbook
7- A visitor received in a house, in a hotel etc. ..... (tgs) guest
8- Full of desire, interest, enthusiastic. ..... (rg) eager
9- To speak (words) in such a way that they are difficult to hear. ..... (bmlm) 2 mumble
10- A great victory or success. ..... (prhtm) 2 triumph

Have a sweet sweet week

Réponse: The missing vowels/88 de dolfine56, postée le 14-08-2014 à 10:27:33 (S | E)
Hello, dear Marit
Here we are...

1- A young swan. ..... (gtcn)--cygnet
2- A female servant or hotel worker in charge of bedrooms. ..... (bdhmmcr) 4--chambermaid
3- The layer of tissue separating the inner from the outer ear. (mrrd)--eardrum
4- A person who presents a news broadcast. ..... (wrnssct) 3--newcaster
5- An infectious disease accompanied by red spots on the skin. ..... (ssml)--measles
6- A small book giving information about (how to do) something. ..... (dkhbn) 3 --handbook
7- A visitor received in a house, in a hotel etc. ..... (tgs)--guest
8- Full of desire, interest, enthusiastic. ....--eager.
9- To speak (words) in such a way that they are difficult to hear. ..... (bmlm) 2--mumble
10- A great victory or success. ..... (prhtm) 2--triumph.

Have a nice time...

Réponse: The missing vowels/88 de violet91, postée le 15-08-2014 à 16:46:36 (S | E)
Peek-a-bobo dear Marit from [ 'winign] ( I had got it the very first time , you know ; not making a pun, here ) . Is this the way you pronounce it like barefoot(ed) singer Sandie Shaw ( sandy show !) ? I think you did tell us once , but sorry , would you mind confirming it is an originally ( red Indian )Amerindian name ? And what it means, if you can . Thanks for it .

Hello dear all, as well ,

Here is my today's go , since yesterday's one never appeared on the topic because of an unfortunate disconnection , right in time when I had finished it all . Charming , isn't it ? Let's hope I'll be luckier !

1 ) a cygnet = a swanling ( for friend swan ; like a duckling... )
2 ) a chambermaid ( a maid would do ; chamber makes me think of Poe's 'Red death' for the seven chambers
; have you ever heard the word ' damsel ' a lovely probable shortcut for damoiselle?

3 ) eardrum, a delicate percussion membrane not to burst or perforate in big waves ( Ouch ! As it happened to my niece one summer , here )
4 ) a newscaster shouldn't cast news , should he/she ? I don't see why they should .
5 ) measles ( rubeola, morbilli not rubella) ;~ 10-day measles > red spots and a rash ...and keep away before , Marit !
6 ) a handbook ; would you hand me your handy handbook , marit , I am not a DIY (' Do It Yourself' stores ...do you have them in Canada ?)?
7 ) imagine your guest arriving costumed in... or worse, turned into a ghost !
8 ) to be eager [ ' g] like little James and the giant ogre eager to eat him - a story which has beans ! Une histoire qui a la patate !
9 ) to mumble in one's teeth...oh ! I may get into a fit with that sort of person ! Say , speak up , will you ? ( not addressing you , Marit ) ...
10 ) triumph [ 'trmf ] like Paris Triumphal Arch or the Arch of Triumph commissioned by Napoleon in 1806 ( 30 years to build) and the trendy *Triumph car I saw on Tuesday which brought my youth back in a wink of an eye . * although a collection car , it has come back up to date in the ( posh ) place we are in .

And I'll close here in the song of happy 'suntanned' cicadas ( for sure ! I was taught how to detect them on trunks and I can teach my kiddies , now ! ) Thank you very much, dear , for that new 'riddle ' and the relaxing clever little break we always spend with you . Eager to read the following one, next week . . All the best to you and all . Take care .

Réponse: The missing vowels/88 de esperanto, postée le 15-08-2014 à 17:28:51 (S | E)
Hello Marit and all of you,

1) cygnet
2) chambermaid
3) eardum
4) newscaster
5) measles
6) handbook
7) guest
8) eager
9) mumble
10) triumph

Thanks a lot Marit for this new exercise. Have a nice and sunny week. See you later.

Réponse: The missing vowels/88 de sanna6, postée le 16-08-2014 à 09:10:09 (S | E)
hello

1- A young swan... cygnet
2- A female servant or hotel worker in charge of bedrooms... chambermaid
3- The layer of tissue separating the inner from the outer ear...eardrum
4- A person who presents a news broadcast... newscaster
5- An infectious disease accompanied by red spots on the skin... measles
6- A small book giving information about (how to do) something... handbook
7- A visitor received in a house, in a hotel etc... guest
8- Full of desire, interest, enthusiastic. ..... (rg) eager
9- To speak (words) in such a way that they are difficult to hear... mumble
10- A great victory or success... triumph

Thanks to you for this new missing vowels

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-08-2014 09:46
Bug réparé.
Merci Lucile ...Mais j'aimais bien comment c'était !

-------------------
Modifié par sanna6 le 16-08-2014 17:36

Réponse: The missing vowels/88 de swan85, postée le 17-08-2014 à 16:50:27 (S | E)
Hello Marit

1- A young swan. Cygnet (gtcn)
2- A female servant or hotel worker in charge of bedrooms. Chambermaid (bdhmmcr) 4
3- The layer of tissue separating the inner from the outer ear. Eardrum (mrrd)
4- A person who presents a news broadcast. Newscaster (wrnssct) 3
5- An infectious disease accompanied by red spots on the skin. Measles (ssml)
6- A small book giving information about (how to do) something. Handbook (dkhbn) 3
7- A visitor received in a house, in a hotel etc. Guest (tgs)
8- Full of desire, interest, enthusiastic. Eager (rg)
9- To speak (words) in such a way that they are difficult to hear. Mumble (bmlm) 2
10- A great victory or success. Triumph (prhtm) 2

Thank you a lot and see you soon

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux