Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

The missing vowels/102

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

The missing vowels/102
Message de marit64 posté le 03-12-2014 à 22:37:20 (S | E | F)
everybody!

Find the missing vowels and unscramble the consonants in order to get the right word

Since Holidays are coming soon and everyone has so much work to do, I'm giving you the time to do it. So, the number of vowels is given in 8 out of 10 answers.

1- Not honest. ..... (hsstdn) 3
2- Something very small. ..... (nt)
3- The complete contents of a plate. ..... (fpllt) 3
4- A small bush or woody plant. ..... (bhsr)
5- A baby pig. ..... (tgpl) 2
6- A stiff kind of paper often made of several layers. ..... (brrddc) 3
7- A crack or hole through which liquid or gas escapes. ..... (kl) 2
8- A silk covering spun by many insect larvae, and in which they live while turning into butterflies. ..... (cnc) 3
9- The ringing of a set of bells. ..... (lp) 2
10- A feeling of pleasure and satisfaction at one's achievements, possessions, family etc. ..... (rdp) 2

Good luck and have fun!

Have a nice week!

So long

Réponse: The missing vowels/102 de violet91, postée le 03-12-2014 à 23:10:39 (S | E)
Hello dearest Marit ,
Hope you had a nice week and are having clear and mild weather ( I doubt about the latter ) which is not the case at all overhere, where we seem to move along into foggy grey clouds . Very unpleasant and a true lack of fresh air .( a tuba , help !)

Let me try to overtake so quick flower this time

1 ) dishonest( h mute ) .
2 ) tiny dollies
3 ) plateful : seven-eight : eat off your plate !
4 ) a shrub
5 )a piglet , like the nine ones Gloria was feeding once in the Brontë sisters ' Yorshire, Haworth) !
6 ) carboard
7 ) a leak in my engine arriving in London once (mini Austin or Austin Mini )
8 ) cocoon, like the great film .
9 ) a sad toll , like Hemingway's 'For whom the bell tolls'
10 ) 'Pride' -- and Prejudice' by Jane Austen

I think I 've got them all ; I'll check tomorrow , when I have some free time with a sick kiddie to take care of , all day and stories, games and cuddles . Germs are invading our country : that is a regular sign of Season's greetings .
Take care and when crossing the road , look right , look left and ...right again , never forget ! Have a lovely week , friend from Canada .

Réponse: The missing vowels/102 de flowermusic, postée le 03-12-2014 à 23:28:36 (S | E)
Hello Marit

Always with the same pleasure

1- Not honest. ..... (hsstdn) 3 dishonest
2- Something very small. ..... (nt) tiny
3- The complete contents of a plate. ..... (fpllt) 3 plateful
4- A small bush or woody plant. ..... (bhsr) shrub
5- A baby pig. ..... (tgpl) 2 piglet
6- A stiff kind of paper often made of several layers. ..... (brrddc) 3 cardboard
7- A crack or hole through which liquid or gas escapes. ..... (kl) 2 leak
8- A silk covering spun by many insect larvae, and in which they live while turning into butterflies. ..... (cnc) 3 cocoon
9- The ringing of a set of bells. ..... (lp) 2 peal
10- A feeling of pleasure and satisfaction at one's achievements, possessions, family etc. ..... (rdp) 2 pride

Have a sweet week

-------------------
Modifié par flowermusic le 03-12-2014 23:30
Hello Violet

Réponse: The missing vowels/102 de headway, postée le 04-12-2014 à 11:45:12 (S | E)
Hello Marit

1- Not honest. ..... Dishonest.
2- Something very small. ..... Tiny.
3- The complete contents of a plate. ..... Plateful.
4- A small bush or woody plant. ..... (bhsr)
5- A baby pig. ..... Piglet.
6- A stiff kind of paper often made of several layers. .....Cardboard.
7- A crack or hole through which liquid or gas escapes. .....Leak.
8- A silk covering spun by many insect larvae, and in which they live while turning into butterflies. .....Cocoon.
9- The ringing of a set of bells. ..... (lp) 2
10- A feeling of pleasure and satisfaction at one's achievements, possessions, family etc. .....Pride.

Thank you Marit

Headway

Réponse: The missing vowels/102 de esperanto, postée le 07-12-2014 à 15:54:41 (S | E)
Hello Marit,

I've just finished "the missing vowels 102". Tonight, I'll try to make the n° 101, which I couldn't send to you because I was on Holiday without computer.

1) dishonest
2) tiny
3) plateful
4) shrub
5) piglet
6) cardboard
7) leak
8) cocoon
9) peal
10) pride

Have a nice week Marit, and don't catch a cold because I suppose it's very cold in Québec! can you understand my English gobbledygook ? !!! See you tonight, perhaps!

Réponse: The missing vowels/102 de swan85, postée le 08-12-2014 à 13:30:57 (S | E)

Hello Marit

1- Not honest. Dishonest (hsstdn) 3
2- Something very small. Tiny (nt)
3- The complete contents of a plate. Plateful (fpllt) 3
4- A small bush or woody plant. Shrub (bhsr)
5- A baby pig. Piglet (tgpl) 2
6- A stiff kind of paper often made of several layers. Cardboard (brrddc) 3
7- A crack or hole through which liquid or gas escapes. Leak (kl) 2
8- A silk covering spun by many insect larvae, and in which they live while turning into butterflies. Cocoon (cnc) 3
9- The ringing of a set of bells. Peal (lp) 2
10- A feeling of pleasure and satisfaction at one's achievements, possessions, family etc. Pride (rdp) 2

Thank you again Marit for this motivating topic
See you soon

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux