Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

The missing vowels/149

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

The missing vowels/149
Message de marit64 posté le 25-11-2015 à 23:15:26 (S | E | F)
everybody!

Find the missing vowels and unscramble the consonants in order to get the right word.

This time you won't have any number of vowels.

You're so good, you'll be able to find the right ones.

1- A covered entrance to a building. ..... (rhpc)
2- To stop a person while she is saying or doing something, especially by saying something oneself. ..... (rtrtnp)
3- A substance which makes things stick. ..... (hvsd)
4- A synonym of "shy". ..... (fbhls)
5- Symptoms such as tiredness and lack of concentration caused by flying a long distance in a short period of time. ..... (tg-jl)
6- A band of colour. ..... (prts)
7- The part of a city containing the main centres for business and shopping. ..... (twnwdn)
8- A person who has become dependent on something, especially drugs. ..... (dtcd)
9- To keep throwing in the air and catching a number of objects (balls or clubs etc). ..... (lgjg)
10- One of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine. ..... (dkn)

I wish you the best of luck!

Have a great week!

So long

Réponse : The missing vowels/149 de flowermusic, postée le 25-11-2015 à 23:47:53 (S | E)
Hello Marit

That's my try

1- A covered entrance to a building. ..... (rhpc) porch
2- To stop a person while she is saying or doing something, especially by saying something oneself. ..... (rtrtnp) interrupt
3- A substance which makes things stick. ..... (hvsd) adhesive
4- A synonym of "shy". ..... (fbhls) bashful
5- Symptoms such as tiredness and lack of concentration caused by flying a long distance in a short period of time. ..... (tg-jl) jet-lag
6- A band of colour. ..... (prts) stripe
7- The part of a city containing the main centres for business and shopping. ..... (twnwdn) downtown
8- A person who has become dependent on something, especially drugs. ..... (dtcd) addict
9- To keep throwing in the air and catching a number of objects (balls or clubs etc). ..... (lgjg) juggle
10- One of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine. ..... (dkn) kidney

Have a sweet sweet week

Réponse : The missing vowels/149 de , postée le 26-11-2015 à 07:54:12 (S | E)
Hi my dear Marit

Here is my try . Have a nice day.
1- A covered entrance to a building. ..... (rhpc) . -- Porch. - Porche.
2- To stop a person while she is saying or doing something, especially by saying something oneself.-(rtrtnp) . -Interrupt.-Interrompre.
3- A substance which makes things stick. ..... (hvsd) . - Adhesive. - Colle.
4- A synonym of "shy". ..... (fbhls) . - Bashful. - Timide.
5- Symptoms such as tiredness and lack of concentration caused by flying a long distance in a short period of time..(tg-jl) -g Jet-lag.- Décalage horaire
6- A band of colour. ..... (prts) . - Stripe . - Bande de marquage.
7- The part of a city containing the main centres for business and shopping. ..... (twnwdn) . - Downtown. - Centre ville.
8- A person who has become dependent on something, especially drugs. ..... (dtcd) . - Addict. - Drogué(e)
9- To keep throwing in the air and catching a number of objects (balls or clubs etc). ..... (lgjg) . - Juggle. - Jongler.
10- One of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine. ..... (dkn) . - Kidney.- Rein

Réponse : The missing vowels/149 de violet91, postée le 29-11-2015 à 19:10:42 (S | E)
Hello very dear marit and nice company ! How are you in the land where you live ? Well and happy I hope ,' far from the maddening crowd ' which is ours, these days ..Very hard times and difficult to keep enough lightness to play any game ! Let us go , though , expecting better and safer days !

1 ) a porch ( like the one under which ' the rotweiller' committed one of his murders ( Ruth Rendell) or the ' fatal couple ' embraced and kissed / 2 ) to interrupt is very rude or necessary if the speech is everlasting with digressions ( interviewing F.Luchini) / 3 ) Adhesive and sticky like old yellow adhesive ribbons rolling down to catch flies ! 4 ) bashful for timid , shy and introvert like Bashful one of the seven sweet Snowwhite's dwarfs /5 ) jet-lag : circadian rhythm and result of jet travel ! To be jet-lagged ... lag = delay / 6 ) A stripe like a striped zebra or zebra crossing .. 7 ) downtown like the old song by P.Clark used mostly in US for city centre 8 ) to juggle from Old French 'jogler' ( play tricks and songs ) and to jest - Latin ioculare -joculari ( burlesque, plaisanterie) 9 ) addict -addicted to the English site and Canadian game ! This does you good and doesn't harm anyone ! 10 ) kidney [ kidni] like a steak and kidney pie in an English pub !
And now , I am going upstairs to hide what I answered on the P.C .
Thank you for that nice moment , my dear and do have a lovely week . Take care , it is getting colder and colder . See you xx

Réponse : The missing vowels/149 de headway, postée le 30-11-2015 à 12:58:54 (S | E)
Hello Marit

1- A covered entrance to a building. ..... Porch
2- To stop a person while she is saying or doing something, especially by saying something oneself. ..... Interrupt
3- A substance which makes things stick. ..... (hvsd) adhesive
4- A synonym of "shy". ..... Bashful
5- Symptoms such as tiredness and lack of concentration caused by flying a long distance in a short period of time. ..... Jet-lag
6- A band of colour. ..... Stripe
7- The part of a city containing the main centres for business and shopping. ..... Downtown
8- A person who has become dependent on something, especially drugs. ..... Addict
9- To keep throwing in the air and catching a number of objects (balls or clubs etc). ..... Juggle
10- One of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine. ..... Kidney

Thank you Marit

Headway.

Réponse : The missing vowels/149 de swan85, postée le 01-12-2015 à 13:12:09 (S | E)
Hello Marit
Here is my try.

1- A covered entrance to a building. Porch (rhpc)
2- To stop a person while she is saying or doing something, especially by saying something oneself. Interrupt (rtrtnp)
3- A substance which makes things stick. Adhesive (hvsd)
4- A synonym of "shy". Bashful (fbhls)
5- Symptoms such as tiredness and lack of concentration caused by flying a long distance in a short period of time. Jet-lag (tg-jl)
6- A band of colour. Stripe (prts)
7- The part of a city containing the main centres for business and shopping. Downtown (twnwdn)
8- A person who has become dependent on something, especially drugs. Addict (dtcd)
9- To keep throwing in the air and catching a number of objects (balls or clubs etc). Juggle (lgjg)
10- One of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine. Kidney (dkn)

Thank you very much.
See you soon

Réponse : The missing vowels/149 de joe39, postée le 02-12-2015 à 12:54:53 (S | E)
Good morning, dear Marit64
Here is my try.

1- A covered entrance to a building. Porch..... (rhpc)
2- To stop a person while she is saying or doing something, especially by saying something oneself. .Interrupt.... (rtrtnp)
3- A substance which makes things stick. .Adhesive.... (hvsd)
4- A synonym of "shy". Bashful..... (fbhls)
5- Symptoms such as tiredness and lack of concentration caused by flying a long distance in a short period of time. .Jet-lag.... (tg-jl)
6- A band of colour. .Strip.... (prts)
7- The part of a city containing the main centres for business and shopping. Downtown..... (twnwdn)
8- A person who has become dependent on something, especially drugs. .Addicted.... (dtcd)
9- To keep throwing in the air and catching a number of objects (balls or clubs etc). Juggle..... (lgjg)
10- One of a pair of organs in the body which remove waste matter from the blood and produce urine. .Kidney.... (dkn)

I hope I did a good job.
I thank you very much and remain with,
My best wishes.

So long

Joe39

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux