Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Will/ going to

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Will/ going to
Message from chocolate posted on 10-04-2017 at 15:36:47 (D | E | F)
Hello!
I have a question about "will future" and "present continuous future". So, when we are talking about weather, when do we actually use will and when continuous? I know, that sometimes we use any of them.
Please help me, I have a test soon.
Thank you for your answers.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 10-04-2017 18:30

Re: Will/ going to from here4u, posted on 10-04-2017 at 21:57:59 (D | E)
Hello!
Your question:
'I have a question about "will future" and "present continuous future". So, when we are talking about the weather, when do we actually use will and when continuous? I know, that sometimes we use any of them.'

- "will future"= normal, pure future; when talking about people, the possibility of "a wish", "an intention" can always be present. The purest futures are the least personal ones, especially if the future depends on an external factor (expressed with "if" or "when" : - He'll know the solution if you help him a little.

- "going to" indicates "intention", "a prediction" or a feeling of "certainty": (it's much more usual with persons than with things) - He's so strong that he's going to climb to the top. I'm going to try next week.

- present continuous for "future" is a definite future (time mentioned) and this moment is fairly immediate: - My Dad's buying a new car next week.

As for the weather: see Link
(see section "will" or "be going to".
Hope it helped!

Re: Will/ going to from suhasini, posted on 11-04-2017 at 18:44:18 (D | E)
Hello,
Thank you for your reply because I was also eagerly waiting for this reply and it helps to me too.
But,still I have one doubt. I saw your link and it says that if we use see and hear in continuous tense it changes the meaning, but my doubt is how would I say if someone comes to taste the food at the time which verb could I use?
If I use taste+ing in progressive, what does it mean?
Thank you for any reply.

Re: Will/ going to from here4u, posted on 12-04-2017 at 21:46:43 (D | E)
Hello!
I'm not sure I understand your question.
If you say : "Err, I don't know this food, that's why I'm tasting it now before buying the whole plate."
- "Don't worry, I'm just tasting it! = eating a little portion of the food to try it!"
yet, you'll say: "I always taste it before saying I like some food..."

Re: Will/ going to from suhasini, posted on 13-04-2017 at 18:31:08 (D | E)
Okay,it means I can use that 'I'm tasting the food ' when I want to try a new dish but, it doesn't change the meaning.

Re: Will/ going to from suhasini, posted on 13-04-2017 at 18:33:54 (D | E)
And thank you so much for you kind explanation.

Re: Will/ going to from soei, posted on 16-04-2017 at 06:28:13 (D | E)
Hello.
For example when the sky is cloudy we say : it's going to rain. It's going to rain tomorrow.
Sometimes we use simple present continuous as future. It is in fact near future and we are sure about it.
Best regards.
Soei

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux