Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Exercices du forum
Retrouvez des centaines d'exercices ici et créez votre propre test ici. D'autres exercices sont également disponibles dans le forum English only

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponses

Exercices 54
Message de felin posté le 11-12-2005 à 14:05:11 (S | E | F | I)

Bonjour tout le monde

Correction Samedi soir 17/12/05

Fill in each space with an appropriate word from the list.
Nervous, embarrassed, enjoyable, bad-tempered, usual, ordinary, anxious, formal, amusing, typical, shy, afraid, tiresome, ashamed, sympathetic.

Penny, a friend of mine, has just got back from a trip to Japan. She had a very................. (1) time but there were occasions, she says, when the rather ................ (2) behaviour of her hosts led to moments of cultural confusion, and at times she even felt .................(3)by some of the mistakes she made. For example, it is ................ (4)for Europeans to call each other by their first names, but this is not the ................. (5) way of addressing people in Japan. Now, because Penny was ................. (6) to show everyone how friendly she was, she called everyone by their first name. Most people were ................. (7) because she was obviously a foreigner but some became quite ………… (8) and showed little sympathy.
At first, Penny found bowing to people quite ................. she is, after all, an actress - but after a while it became a bit ...............,(10) having to bow to everyone you met. Penny is not at all ......... (11) - she loves meeting new people - but after the first few misunderstandings she was ................. (12) to open her mouth in case she offended someone. I myself am quite an experienced traveller, but I would feel .................(13)about putting my foot in it in Japan because there even ................. (14) people observe the most elaborate rules of social behaviour -silence for example is nothing to be ................. (15) of in Japanese culture, but in the West we get very worried if there are even short periods of silence at social gatherings.

Good luck.

Réponse: Exercices 54 de aureliano, postée le 11-12-2005 à 16:24:41 (S | E)
Hello Felin and thank you :

Penny, a friend of mine, has just got back from a trip to Japan. She had a very enjoyable time but there were occasions, she says, when the rather formal behaviour of her hosts led to moments of cultural confusion, and at times she even felt ashamed by some of the mistakes she made. For example, it is usual for Europeans to call each other by their first names, but this is not the typical way of addressing people in Japan. Now, because Penny was anxious to show everyone how friendly she was, she called everyone by their first name. Most people were sympathetic because she was obviously a foreigner but some became quite bad-tempered and showed little sympathy.
At first, Penny found bowing to people quite amusing she is, after all, an actress - but after a while it became a bit tiresome having to bow to everyone you met. Penny is not at all shy - she loves meeting new people - but after the first few misunderstandings she was nervous to open her mouth in case she offended someone. I myself am quite an experienced traveller, but I would feel embarrassed about putting my foot in it in Japan because there even ordinary people observe the most elaborate rules of social behaviour -silence for example is nothing to be afraid of in Japanese culture, but in the West we get very worried if there are even short periods of silence at social gatherings.

Réponse: Exercices 54 de maya13, postée le 11-12-2005 à 17:36:39 (S | E)
Hello felin and thank you,

Penny, a friend of mine, has just got back from a trip to Japan. She had a very enjoyable time but there were occasions, she says, when the rather formal behaviour of her hosts led to moments of cultural confusion and at times, she even felt embarrassed by some of the mistakes she made.
For example, it is usual for Europeans to call each other by their first name, but this is not the typical way of addressing people in Japan. Now, because Penny was anxious to show everyone how friendly she was, she called everyone by their first name. Most people were sympathetic because she was a foreigner but some became quite bad-tempered and showed little sympathy.
At first, Penny found bowing to people quite amusing - she is after all an actress- but after a while, it became a bit tiresome having to bow to everyone you met. Penny is not at all shy -she loves meeting new people but after the first few misunderstandings she was afraid to open her mouth in case she offended someone. I myself am quite an experienced traveller but I would feel nervous about putting my feet in Japan because there even ordinary people observe the most elaborate rules of social behaviour -silence, for example, is nothing to be ashamed of in Japanese culture but in the West we felt very worried if there are even short periods of silence at social gatherings.

Réponse: Exercices 54 de nanette33, postée le 12-12-2005 à 10:55:44 (S | E)
Hello Felin

Penny, a friend of mine, has just got back from a trip to Japan. She had a very enjoyable(1) time but there were occasions, she says, when the rather formal (2) behaviour of her hosts led to moments of cultural confusion, and at times she even felt ashamed (3) by some of the mistakes she made. For example, it is usual (4) for Europeans to call each other by their first names, but this is not the ordinary (5) way of addressing people in Japan. Now, because Penny was anxious (6) to show everyone how friendly she was, she called everyone by their first name. Most people were bad-tempered (7) because she was obviously a foreigner but some became quite sympathetic (8) and showed little sympathy.
At first, Penny found bowing to people quite amusing she is, after all, an actress - but after a while it became a bit tiresome,(10) having to bow to everyone you met. Penny is not at all shy (11) - she loves meeting new people - but after the first few misunderstandings she was afraid (12) to open her mouth in case she offended someone. I myself am quite an experienced traveller, but I would feel nervous(13)about putting my foot in it in Japan because there even typical (14) people observe the most elaborate rules of social behaviour -silence for example is nothing to be embarrassed (15) of in Japanese culture, but in the West we get very worried if there are even short periods of silence at social gatherings.

Réponse: Exercices 54 de whynot95, postée le 12-12-2005 à 11:14:21 (S | E)
Hello Felin and

Penny, a friend of mine, has just got back from a trip to Japan. She had a very enjoyable (1) time but there were occasions, she says, when the rather formal (2) behaviour of her hosts led to moments of cultural confusion, and at times she even felt ashamed (3)by some of the mistakes she made. For example, it is usual (4)for Europeans to call each other by their first names, but this is not the typical (5) way of addressing people in Japan. Now, because Penny was anxious (6) to show everyone how friendly she was, she called everyone by their first name. Most people were sympathetic (7) because she was obviously a foreigner but some became quite bad-tempered (8) and showed little sympathy.
At first, Penny found bowing to people quite amusing she is, after all, an actress - but after a while it became a bit tiresome,(10) having to bow to everyone you met. Penny is not at all shy (11) - she loves meeting new people - but after the first few misunderstandings she was afraid (12) to open her mouth in case she offended someone. I myself am quite an experienced traveller, but I would feel nervous (13)about putting my foot in it in Japan because there even ordinary (14) people observe the most elaborate rules of social behaviour -silence for example is nothing to be embarrassed (15) of in Japanese culture, but in the West we get very worried if there are even short periods of silence at social gatherings.

Réponse: Exercices 54 de marit64, postée le 16-12-2005 à 03:29:18 (S | E)
Hi felin!

Fill in each space with an appropriate word from the list.
Nervous, embarrassed, enjoyable, bad-tempered, usual, ordinary, anxious, formal, amusing, typical, shy, afraid, tiresome, ashamed, sympathetic.

Penny, a friend of mine, has just got back from a trip to Japan. She had a very enjoyable time but there were occasions, she says, when the rather formal behaviour of her hosts led to moments of cultural confusion, and at times she even felt ashamed by some of the mistakes she made. For example, it is usual for Europeans to call each other by their first names, but this is not the typical way of addressing people in Japan. Now, because Penny was anxious to show everyone how friendly she was, she called everyone by their first name. Most people were sympathetic because she was obviously a foreigner but some became quite bad-tempered and showed little sympathy.
At first, Penny found bowing to people quite amusing she is, after all, an actress - but after a while it became a bit tiresome having to bow to everyone you met. Penny is not at all shy, she loves meeting new people - but after the first few misunderstandings she was nervous to open her mouth in case she offended someone. I myself am quite an experienced traveller, but I would feel embarrassed about putting my foot in it in Japan because there even ordinary people observe the most elaborate rules of social behaviour -silence for example is nothing to be afraid of in Japanese culture, but in the West we get very worried if there are even short periods of silence at social gatherings.

felin for this exercise.

Réponse: Exercices 54 de felin, postée le 17-12-2005 à 21:26:23 (S | E)
Bonsoir tout le monde

Voici la correction

Penny, a friend of mine, has just got back from a trip to Japan. She had a very enjoyable (1) time but there were occasions, she says, when the rather formal (2) behaviour of her hosts led to moments of cultural confusion, and at times she even felt embarrassed (3)by some of the mistakes she made. For example, it is usual (4)for Europeans to call each other by their first names, but this is not the typical (5) way of addressing people in Japan. Now, because Penny was anxious (6) to show everyone how friendly she was, she called everyone by their first name. Most people were sympathetic (7) because she was obviously a foreigner but some became quite bad-tempered (8) and showed little sympathy.
At first, Penny found bowing to people quite amusing (9)she is, after all, an actress - but after a while it became a bit tiresome,(10) having to bow to everyone you met. Penny is not at all shy (11) - she loves meeting new people - but after the first few misunderstandings she was afraid (12) to open her mouth in case she offended someone. I myself am quite an experienced traveller, but I would feel nervous 13)about putting my foot in it in Japan because there even ordinary (14) people observe the most elaborate rules of social behaviour -silence for example is nothing to be ashamed (15) of in Japanese culture, but in the West we get very worried if there are even short periods of silence at social gatherings.

pour votre participation.

Ce sujet est fermé, vous ne pouvez pas poster de réponse.

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux