Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Oral Bac / forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral Bac / forms of power
Message de neillag posté le 15-05-2013 à 18:36:37 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à tous,
mon oral d'Anglais pour le Bac est bientôt, j'ai donc préparé mes oraux à l'écrit et soumets donc ici celui sur la notion de 'Lieux et formes de pouvoirs' afin que quelqu'un puisse eventuellement corriger les fautes, et si possible me les expliquer afin que je ne les fasse plus. Tous vos avis sont bien evidemment les bienvenus. Merci d'avance aux personnes qui pourront m'aider.

The notion
I’m going to deal with is seats and forms of power. I’m going to talk about India because it’s a country which is changing rapidly. I feel this notion is best illustrated by trying to see if all citizens are on equal footing in India today.
First, we’re going to see there are inequalities among citizens. Then, we’re going to speak about the inequalities among men and women. Finally, we’re going to see the evolution of India society.

First, India is divided into four unequal hereditary social castes: it’s the cast system.  If someone was born in one of these castes, he can’t change or marry someone belonging to another cast.  Exist another cast in this cast system, but this one is outcastes: it’s the Untouchables or Dalits one. It’s the lowest caste because Dalits are only allowed certain jobs such as cleaners, cobblers. Even the cast system is forbidden, it still exists in rural areas and more precisely, still exists discrimination against Dalits. In fact, they are obliged to use specific eating places, schools, temples and water sources. Today, there are 170 million Dalits in India and over 40 percent survive on less than 2 dollars a day.  It’s the first form of inequalities among citizens in India. If exist inequalities among citizens, exist also inequalities among men and women.

The dowry tradition is the largest inequality among men and women.  When Indian girl prepare to marry, their families have to give a dowry or a gift to the future husband’s family because it’s a compensation for the groom’s parents for the cost of educating their son.  If after the wedding, the girl’s family has not paid the dowry, the woman is subject to torture and sometimes even killed.  

More of this, India knows another problem: they missed 50 millions girls in India today. Indeed, a lot of girls are killed at their birth because of many reasons. This practice is called a gendercide. There are several reasons of these murders. One is the dowry tradition: raise a boy is financially more attractive because you can receive money when the boy will marry. A girl doesn’t seem as attractive as a boy because parents have to pay for her wedding. Another reason is boy can look after family business, the parents when they are old and transmits the family name.  So, even finding out the sex of a baby before birth is illegal, sex-selective abortions are practised. In 2011, the gendercide has resulted in a gender imbalance as there are 940 Indian girls for every 1000 boys. In spite of these inequalities, we can finally say that India is a country which is changing currently.

India is today the story of two duelling narratives.  On the one hand, there is the poverty face. There is about two-thirds of India’s population who lives below the poverty line.  For example, slums are in extension around cities like the New-Delhi slum where live the Indian poor population in hope to find some jobs. However, on the other hand there is the Indian tiger: even if a lot of Indians are still poor, India’s economy is changing rapidly. India knows a GDP (grow domestic product) very  important: about 7 or 8 percent per year. The high-tech cities grows everywhere in the country. These high-tech cities such as Bangalor look like a science fiction fantasy. India is at the center of the computing communication revolution. Graduates are confident in the development of the communications technology sector and want to work in these cities. India is currently a country with great engineering and managerial talent, and a highly entrepreneurial spirit among its citizens. It’s a country on the march because its economy keeps transforming thanks to the rapid development of high-tech sector.

We have seen it still exist inequalities among men and women and among citizens in India. However, India is a country which is currently changing by its economy.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-05-2013 21:30
Mise en forme standard.

Réponse: Oral Bac / forms of power de kvcarter, postée le 15-05-2013 à 19:27:25 (S | E)
Bonjour! J'ai fait une correction, j'espere qu'elle vous aide! Excusez mon francais - je suis anglais!

The notion I’m going to deal with is about seats and forms of power. I’m going to talk about India because it’s a country which is changing rapidly. I feel this is best illustrated by trying to see if all citizens are on an equal footing in India today.

Firstly, we’re going to see if there are inequalities among citizens. Then we’re going to
discuss the inequalities among men and women. Finally, we’re going to see
the evolution of Indian society.

(on n'a pas besoin de 'first' ici)
India is divided into four unequal, hereditary, social castes, making up the caste system. If someone was born into one of these castes, they can’t change or marry someone belonging to another one. Another caste exists, but this is called an outcaste, such as Untouchables or Dalits. It’s the lowest caste because Dalits are only allowed certain jobs such as cleaners or cobblers.
Even though the cast system is forbidden, it still exists in rural areas and so does discrimination towards Dalits still exists. In fact, they are forced (obliged est trop poli ici, vu qu'on parle de la discrimination!) to use specific eating places, schools, temples and water sources.
Today, there are 170 million Dalits in India and over 40 percent survive on less than 2 dollars a day. It’s the most prominent form of discrimination among citizens in India.

If discrimination exists among citizens, then discrimination among men and women exists too.

The dowry tradition is the largest inequality among men and women. When an Indian girl prepares to marry, their families have to give a dowry or a gift to their future husband’s family as compensation to the groom’s parents for the cost of educating their son. If after the wedding, the girl’s family has not paid the dowry, the woman is subject to torture and is sometimes even killed.

Moreover, India has another problem: they missed 50 millions girls in India today. (désolé, mais je ne sais pas ce que vous voulez dire ici!) A lot of girls are killed at birth for many reasons and this practise is called female infanticide. There are several reasons for these murders. One is the dowry tradition: raising a boy is financially more attractive because you can receive money when the boy gets married. A girl isn't as financially attractive as a boy because their parents have to pay for her wedding. Another reason
is boy can look after family business and name when the parents are old. Even though finding out the sex of a baby before birth is illegal, sex-selective abortions
are practised. In 2011, the female infanticide has resulted in a gender imbalance as
there are 940 Indian girls for every 1000 boys.

In spite of these inequalities, we can finally say that India is a country which is currently changing.

Today, India is the subject of two duelling narratives. On the one hand, there is the poverty side. About two-thirds of India’s population live
below the poverty line
. For example,slums are expanding around cities like New-Delhi where the poor Indian population live in hope to find jobs. On the other hand
there is the Indian tiger: even though a lot of Indians are still poor, India’s
economy is changing rapidly. India has a very important GDP (grow domestic product): about 7 or 8 percent per year. The high-tech cities grow everywhere in the country. These high-tech cities such as Bangalor look like they are from science fiction. India is at the center of the computing communication
revolution. Graduates are confident in the development of the communication
technology sector and want to work in these cities. India is currently a
country with great engineering and managerial talent with a highly
entrepreneurial spirit among its citizens. It’s a country on the march because
its economy keeps transforming thanks to the rapid development of high-tech
sector. (fantasique!! )

It is evident that inequality still exists among men, women and citizens in
India. However, India is a country whose economy is currently changing.

Tres bon en général!

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-05-2013 21:32
Please highlight in any colour but red for corrections.

Réponse: Oral Bac / forms of power de neillag, postée le 15-05-2013 à 21:45:27 (S | E)
Oh you're English ! How lucky I am ! Thank you so much for the correction, really nice from you. In the sentence you don't understand, I meant that it miss today 50 millions girls relative to the boys. Do you understand better now ?
Thank you so much, I understand my faults and I think it's the best way to learn English !

Réponse: Oral Bac / forms of power de kvcarter, postée le 15-05-2013 à 23:39:43 (S | E)
It's nothing! I'm glad I could help Je ne comprends pas toujours, désolé
Peut-etre vouliez-vous dire '50 million girls less?' (moins de filles)? Alors dites quelque chose comme 'Moreover, India has another problem: there are 50 million less girls than boys there today.

I agree - the best way to learn English is from an anglophone, and vice versa when you want to learn French!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux