Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Rack your brains and help!/ 11

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack your brains and help!/ 11
Message de here4u posté le 30-11-2017 à 08:23:52 (S | E | F)
I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need…
In spite of his efforts, (and yours... ) this student is progressing very, very slowly... Please, RUSH to help him, don't let him down…
Oups ! He has also forgotten the punctuation… and capitals, which makes his work all the more difficult to be understood and my « poor brain » is giving up… Can you help, please?

hardly thank giving is passed than us thinks about presents we’re going ask to the season holiday and make a list I know that presents will have offer by parens and relative the problem to know what asking and to be enough precis to have sure receiving the left gift If you’ran’t, perhaps you may recieve some thing than you don’t want to or the right on but with the left colour. I know that « life is as a box of chocolates » you may pick goods one, you may took bads, or even worst, my best onesis the cherries one but you mustnt hesit taking what U like Im sure you will have which you wanted. went for it

II) Complétez les phrases suivantes, en (presque) toute liberté, en utilisant un auxiliaire modal (utiliser : « modal + base verbale » OU « modal + have + base verbale » selon les besoins ).
1. I can’t find my keys in my bag. I ….…………………….
2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There ………….
3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She ……………….
4. I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They… ………
5. Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You .. ………………..

Of course, I GIVE YOU THE FORCE! for this The correction will be online on Saturday, December 16th, late...

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-11-2017 09:14

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de chocolatcitron, postée le 06-12-2017 à 00:39:03 (S | E)
Rack your brains and help!/ 11 FINISHED.
Hello my dear Here4u ! I ran for helping you very poor student!

In spite of his efforts, (and yours... ) this student is progressing very, very slowly... Please, RUSH to help him, don't let him down…
Oups ! He has also forgotten the punctuation… and capitals, which makes his work all the more difficult to be understood and my « poor brain » is giving up… Can you help, please?
hardly thank giving is passed than us thinks about presents we’re going ask to the season holiday and make a list I know that presents will have offer by parens and relative the problem to know what asking and to be enough precis to have sure receiving the left gift If you’ran’t, perhaps you may recieve some thing than you don’t want to or the right on but with the left colour. I know that « life is as a box of chocolates » you may pick goods one, you may took bads, or even worst, my best onesis the cherries one but you mustnt hesit taking what U like Im sure you will have which you wanted. went for it

My proposal marking to help him... :
Hardly HAS THANKSGIVING GONE/PAST THAT WE THINK about presents we're going TO ask for the HOLIDAY SEASON and make a list. I know that presents will have BEEN OFFERED by parents and RELATIVES. The problem IS ABOUT WHAT TO ASK FOR, and to be QUITE PRECISE to BE sure OF GETTING the RIGHT gift. If you 'RE NOT, YOU PERHAPS may RECEIVE SOMETHING THAT you don't want TOO, or the RIGHT ONE but with the WRONG colour. I know that « LIFE is LIKE a box of chocolates » . You MIGHT pick THE GOOD ONES, you MIGHT TAKE THE BAD ONES, or even THE WORST... My best ONES ARE CHERRY-FLAVORED but you mustn't HESITATE OVER TAKING what YOU like. I'm sure you will have WHAT you WANT. GO for it !

II) Complétez les phrases suivantes, en (presque) toute liberté, en utilisant un auxiliaire modal (utiliser : « modal + base verbale » OU « modal + have + base verbale » selon les besoins ).
1. I can’t find my keys in my bag. I must have closed my door with my key in the keyhole, inside my flat... now, I'm calling for the locksmith!
Je ne trouve pas mes clefs dans mon sac. J'ai dû fermer la porte avec ma clef dans le trou de la serrure, à l'intérieur de l'appartement... oups, j'appelle le serrurier maintenant ! ... (il y a des systèmes de serrures où il faut toujours avoir ses clés sur soi, car si la porte se ferme, on ne peut plus l'ouvrir si l'on est à l'extérieur de son logement... !)

2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There might have been an accident on the motorway...
Cela lui a pris trois heures pour conduire dix miles. Il a dû y avoir un accident sur l'autoroute...

3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister : she must have played with his computer... or has rent his guitar. He always hates to borrow his own things to his sister!
Papa entendait Paul crier après sa sœur : elle a dû jouer avec son ordinateur... ou lui a emprunté sa guitare. Il déteste toujours prêter ses propres affaires à sa sœur !

4. I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They might have forgotten they were invited at dinner tonight or they may have been under the pouring rain and their car can't be working, because of floods on their road... where they flooded the engine...
Je ne comprends pas pourquoi ils ne sont pas encore arrivés. Ils ont pu oublier qu'ils étaient invités à dîner ce soir, ou bien ils ont été pris sous toute cette flotte et leur voiture ne démarre plus à cause des inondations sur la route... où ils ont noyé le moteur...

5. Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You should help and explain to him how to solve it.
Regarde, Kevin n'arrive pas à faire son exercice. Tu devrais l'aider et lui expliquer comment le résoudre.

Of course, I GIVE YOU THE FORCE back, you need it for marking my work and not only, and thank you very much for these funny and great exercises, ... as ever ! Have a very sweet week ! ...

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de taiji43, postée le 06-12-2017 à 15:14:08 (S | E)
He is in danger! I don’t know, if he will appreciate my correction… Thank Here4 U for yours
READY TO BE CORRECTED

HARDLY THANKSGIVING is OVER, THAT WE ALREADY THINK about presents, we’re going TO ask FOR the holiday SEASON and make a list.
I know that THE presents will BE OFFERED by parents and RELATIVES.

THE WELL-KNOWN PROBLEMS ARE : what TO ASK FOR? And BEING PRECISE ENOUGH to BE CERTAIN IN ORDER TO GET the WRIGHT gift.

IF YOU ARE NOT, you MIGHT RECEIVE SOMETHING THAT you don’t want, OR IT WILL BE RIGHT, HOWEVER with the WRONG colour.

I know that « life is LIKE a box of chocolates » you MIGHT pick A GOOD one, OR you MIGHT TAKE A BAD ONE, or even THE WORST.

MY best ONES ARE the cherries but you MUSTN’T HESITATE TO TAKE what YOU like.

I AM sure, you will have WHAT you WANT. GO for it

1. I can’t find my keys in my bag. I must have forgotten it on my table , fortunately ,I have a spare key hidden outside in the garden t….…………………….
2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There must be a multiple crash on the road………….
3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She shouldn’t have borrowed his smart phone, He can’t stand it…
4. I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They may miss their train and the next train is in three hours………
5. Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You .should explain to him the grammar difficulties and then let him make it on his own

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de here4u, postée le 07-12-2017 à 08:33:33 (S | E)
Hello Dears,

You’re working hard, I know, and need some entertainment... Don’t forget that « all work and no play, makes Jack a dull boy »...
«Our Story» is here for that purpose...
Allez, tout le monde ... Au milieu de vos travaux et réflexions, il est indispensable d’aller regarder où en est « notre » histoire ... Multipliez les entrées afin qu’elle devienne VOTRE histoire ! L’entraînement quotidien à la rigueur vous fait progresser, croyez-moi ...
Notre histoire a besoin de vous, mais vous avez besoin de NOTRE HISTOIRE ! (Do you need an extra dose of « THE FORCE »? - Here it is !

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de alpiem, postée le 10-12-2017 à 18:03:54 (S | E)
Hello dear friends This is ready for correction lots of thinksfor the force!

hardly thank giving is passed than us thinks about presents we're going ask to the season holiday and make a list I know that presents will have offer by parens and relative the problem to know what asking and to be enough precis to have sure receiving the left gift If you'ran't, perhaps you may recieve some thing than you don't want to or the right on but with the left colour. I know that « life is as a box of chocolates » you may pick goods one, you may took bads, or even worst, my best onesis the cherries one but you mustnt hesit taking what U like Im sure you will have which you wanted. went for it

Hardly has Thanksgivings passed that we think about presents we are going to ask during the season holiday and make a list of the things we will have to be offered by parents and relatives.The problem is to know what to ask and be enough precise and be sure of receiving the right gift you want ,If you aren't, you may perhaps receive something you don't want or the right one but with the wrong colour.I know that "life is like a box of chocolates" you may pick good ones, you may
take bad ones or even the reverse. My best ones are the "cherries" but you musn't hesitate to take the one you like, I'm
sure you will have whichever one you wanted.

II) Complétez les phrases suivantes, en (presque) toute liberté, en utilisant un auxiliaire modal (utiliser : « modal base verbale » OU « modal have base verbale » selon les besoins ).
1. I can't find my keys in my bag. I must have left them in my bed room..
2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There must have been much traffic!
3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She might have got him mad.
4. I can't understand why they haven't arrived yet. They may have had some failure.
5. Look, Kevin can't manage to do his exercise. You should help him to do it.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de joe39, postée le 11-12-2017 à 10:21:35 (S | E)
Dear here4u,
After racking my brain for a long while, I present you my work,
ready to be corrected.

Hardly thank giving is passed than us thinks about presents we’re going ask to the season holiday and make a list I know that presents will have offer by parens and relative the problem to know what asking and to be enough precis to have sure receiving the left gift if you ‘ra’nt, perhaps you may receive some thing than you don’t want to or the right on but with the left colour. I know that” life is as a box of chocolates” you may pick goods one, you may took bads, or even worst, my best onesis the cherries one but you mustnt hesit taking what U like Im sure you will have which you wanted. went for it.

HARDLY HAD THANKSGIVING PASSED WHEN WE THOUGHT about THE presents we’re going TO ask FOR the HOLIDAY SEASON, MAKING a list. I know that presents
WOULD be OFFERED by PARENTS and RELATIVES. The problem IS YOU MUST know EXACTLY what you ARE GOING TO ASK FOR, BEING PRECISE enough IN YOUR REQUEST IN ORDER TO BE SURE OF receiving the right gift. If you AREN’T, you MIGHT receive SOMETHING THAT you don’t want, or the right ONE but with the WRONG colour. I know that “life is LIKE a box of chocolates”. You MIGHT pick THE GOOD ONES, YOU MIGHT TAKE THE BAD ONES, or even THE WORST ONES. My best
LlKED ONES ARE THE CHERRY LIQUOR CHOCOLATES, but you MUSTN’T HESITATE:
JUST PICK ALL OF THEM OFF AND I’M SURE you will have THOSE YOU like, TOO. GO for it.

1. I can’t find my keys in my bag. I could have left home forgetting them on the table, so I must phone the blacksmith….…………………….
2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There was a long line of vehicles on the highway, which were going on at a snail’s pace. Therefore they couldn’t succeed in arriving on time. ………….
3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She must have done something very grievous to make him lose his temper.……………….
4. I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They can’t have missed the train, otherwise they would have phoned us… ………
5. Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You should help him, so he would avoid receiving a bad mark. ………………..

Thank you very much and have a great week.

So long.
Joe39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 16-12-2017 11:26

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de icare29, postée le 11-12-2017 à 18:49:54 (S | E)
Hello Here4u and all hardworkers , here is my work OK FOR CORECTION

hardly thank giving is passed than us thinks about presents we're going ask to the season holiday and make a list I know that presents will have offer by parens and relative the problem to know what asking and to be enough precis to have sure receiving the left gift If you'ran't, perhaps you may recieve some thing than you don't want to or the right on but with the left colour. I know that « life is as a box of chocolates » you may pick goods one, you may took bads, or even worst, my best onesis the cherries one but you mustnt hesit taking what U like Im sure you will have which you wanted. went for it

Thanksgiving is hardly passed that we already think about présents we are going to ask for the holiday season and to make a list. I know that présents will have been offered by parents and relatives .The problem is to know what to ask for and to be precise enough to be sure to receive the right gift.
If you weren't , you would receive something that you wouldn't want , maybe a good one but with a wrong colour .I know that "Life is like a box of chocolates" .You can pick a good one, you can also take a bad one , or even the worst one. My best ones are the "cherries" but you shouldn't hesitate to take any one you want. I am sure you will have the one you have keenly wished , Go for it.....

II) Complétez les phrases suivantes, en (presque) toute liberté, en utilisant un auxiliaire modal (utiliser : « modal base verbale » OU « modal have base verbale » selon les besoins ).
1. I can't find my keys in my bag. I may have probably left them in my office or in my car.
2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There could have happened a traffic jam or an accident on the motorway
3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She might have smoked a cigarette in the dining room and he couldn't stand that
4. I can't understand why they haven't arrived yet. They must have certainly some difficulties to find the right number of our building
5. Look, Kevin can't manage to do his exercise. You ought to help him to solve his exercise

Dear here4u , thanks a lot for all you do for making us better in English

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de tereda, postée le 12-12-2017 à 11:07:26 (S | E)
hello everyone, and you HERE4U

I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need… MAYBE me too....
Hardly THANKSGIVING have passed THAT We think about presents we’re going TO ASK for Christmas holiday and we make a list . I know that presents WILL BE OFFERED by parents and relatives, the problem IS to know what asking and to be enough PRECISE TO BE sure RECEIVING the RIGHT gift you want ; perhaps you CAN receive something THAT you don’t want, or the right ONE but IN the left color.
I know that « life is as a box of chocolates » you may pick GOOD ONES, you may take bad ONES, or even WORSEe, my best ones are the cherry ones ,but you mustn't HESITATE, and taking what you like, I am sure you will have WHAT you want(ed). Go for it !

II) Complétez les phrases suivantes
1. I can’t find my keys in my bag. I must have let them at home.
2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There would have had a big traffic in this road, because a circus caravan were running slowly .
3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She had had borrow his tablet, sure !
4. I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They had to take the national roads and not highways
5. Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You can help him, may be.

Thanks a lot HERE4U

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de here4u, postée le 14-12-2017 à 09:35:34 (S | E)
Hello !
Things are a bit hectic here, and believe me, I'm not busy shopping...
It's almost a "last-minute" posting that I'm requiring here... Even if your work is incomplete, please, give me what you have... as things will be even more hectic in the days to come!
Have fun!

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de djim21, postée le 14-12-2017 à 11:55:04 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Here is my try, just before the deadline.
I'm sorry.
Thanks for your exercises.
ready for correction

HARDLY THANKSGIVING passed, WE THINK TO presents we’re going to ask FOR the HOLIDAY SEASON and TO make a list. I know that presents ARE GIVEN by parents and RELATIVES, the problem IS KNOWING what TO ASK and to be enough PRECISE to BE sure receiving the RIGHT gift. If YOU AREN’T, you may RECEIVE SOMETHING you don’t HOPE or the right ONE but the WRONG colour. I know that « life is a box of chocolates », you may pick GOOD one, you may TAKE BAD ONE, or even WORSE. My PREFERRED one is the CHERRY one but you HAVEN’T TO HESITATE TO TAKE what YOU like, you will GET WHAT you WANT.

1. I can’t find my keys in my bag. I might forget them at home.

2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There must have been a trafic jam.

3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She must have been very nasty.

4. I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They might have come around.

5. Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You should help him.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de maxwell, postée le 15-12-2017 à 20:39:24 (S | E)
FINISHED
Hello Here4U and everyone
Thanks a lot !
Again, I've found the 2nd exercise quite easy to do, but I've had tough times with the 1st one, with a few hesitations. We'll see...

I) Help my student:
[H]ardly HAS THANKSGIVING passed than WE THINK about THE presents we’re going TO ask FOR the season holiday and make a list[.] I know that presents will BE OFFERED by PARENTS and RELATIVES[.] [T]he problem IS to know what TO ASK and to be PRECISE enough to BE sure TO RECEIVE the RIGHT gift[.] If you AREN'T, perhaps you may RECEIVE SOMETHING THAT you don’t want [] or the right ONE but with the WRONG colour. I know that « life is LIKE a box of chocolates »[:] you may pick UP GOOD ONES, you may TAKE BAD ONES, or even THE WORST ONES [(] my best ONES ARE the CHERRY ONES[).] [B]ut you MUSTN'T HESITATE TO TAKE what YOU like[.] I'M sure you will have WHAT you WANT. GO for it[!]

J'ai une question : "Perhaps" n'est-il pas redondant si on met "you may ..." ? J'ai failli l'enlever.
J'ai hésité avec le temps : something that you didn't want

1. I can’t find my keys in my bag. I must have left them in John's bedroom. I must go back and fetch them otherwise my husband might get suspicious.
2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There must have been a gigantic traffic jam. On the other hand, they might have lied about their time of departure.
3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She couldn't take it anymore, so she left the room and couldn't help crying.
4. I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They should have shown up one hour ago. They should have called us to tell us not to worry, shouldn't they?
5. Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You should try to help him a little. You can't let him draw a complete blank like that, can you?

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de here4u, postée le 16-12-2017 à 15:06:58 (S | E)
Hello!

Sauf erreur ou omission de ma part, vous devriez tous avoir reçu vos corrections.
Si tel n’est pas le cas, merci de protester TRES VITE en mp!

Réponse : Rack your brains and help!/ 11 de here4u, postée le 16-12-2017 à 23:28:07 (S | E)
Hello!
Voici votre correction. Encore des félicitations à tous, car dans l'ensemble, ces exercices ont été très bien réussis.
I) Student in Danger! SOS, student in need:

Hardly has Thanksgiving passed than/ when/(1) we think about the presents(2) we’re going to ask for the Holiday Season and make a list. I know that presents will be offered (3) by parents and relatives. The problem is to know what to ask and to be precise enough to be sure to receive the right gift. If you aren’t, you may receive some things that you don't want, or the right object, but in the wrong colour. I know that «life is like a box of chocolates»: you may (4) pick good ones, you may take bad ones, or even worse/ the worst/ ones. My favourite chocolates are cherries but you mustn’t hesitate to take what you like. I’m sure you’ll get what you wanted. Go for it!
(1) – Hardly est semi négatif. Toutes les phrases qui commencent par une négation (qui est donc mise en relief) doivent faire une inversion du sujet.
(2) – ici, ce ne sont pas des cadeaux en général, mais ceux que nous allons demander.
(3) - "will be offered"= forme passive (auxiliaire être + participe passé)= seront offerts
(4) - may= éventualité = il se peut que …

1. I can’t find my keys in my bag, I must + have + participe passé = quasi certitude passée. (qui marque l’antériorité de l’oubli !)
I can’t find my keys in my bag, I must have left them at home.

2. It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There must + have + past participle = quasi certitude passée.
It took them three hours to drive ten miles. There must have been huge jams on the road.

3. Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She + quasi certitude passée = must have + participe passé
Dad could hear Paul shouting at his sister. She must have annoyed him very much

4. I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They auraient dû ... (devrait) + passé [have + participe passé]
I can’t understand why they haven’t arrived yet. They should have been here an hour ago.

5.Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You+ should (= conseil/ reproche )+ base verbale
Look, Kevin can’t manage to do his exercise. You should help him!
Of course, I GIVE YOU THE FORCE! Number 12 has been online for a few hours. Good Luck!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux