Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Ex 133/with computers on our side

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Message de here4u posté le 30-05-2018 à 12:00:51 (S | E | F)
Hello, dear Friends,

« Quelques » ennuis dus à ma maladresse en informatique … Ces dernières heures furent « chaudes » … dans tous les sens du terme, émaillées de quasi tempêtes tropicales et d’énormes orages …
Pour la série suivante, merci de m’aider, par votre discipline à bien respecter l’affichage de l’état de vos différents travaux (« in progress » ou « ready for correction ») et les éventuels rappels en mp, à optimiser transferts et copies, (dont copies de sécurité … )
Pour le fond, nous restons dans la « routine » des traductions … Continuez comme vous le faites jusqu’à présent : continuez à m’étonner par vos trouvailles et le sérieux de vos recherches.
Cet exercice est un et la correction sera en ligne le samedi 16 juin, tard. Je sais que vous allez encore m’éblouir … Courage and THE FORCE…

I)Translate into English:
1) D’abord, Tom m’a collé aux basques, et toi maintenant … Tu devrais savoir que je n’aime pas être harcelé … Laisse-moi travailler sans m’interrompre. Va –t-en, s’il te plaît !
2) Parle moins fort. Ce qui s’est passé a vraiment miné son estime de soi et ce n’est pas la peine d’en rajouter en lui montrant que tu as entendu parler de l’incident.
3) Maxwell : Si elle pouvait seulement le remettre debout, elle était tentée de descendre elle-même à pied la vallée sur 1 km pour le mener jusqu'au docteur du village.
4) Maxwell : "Neuf plus huit font dix-sept : je pose sept et je retiens un" " Faites le calcul de tête ! " répéta la maîtresse pour la nième fois.
Maxwell!

II) Translate into French:
As she was turning back to her novel, Phil said, «Anyway, what are you going to do now that you’ve passed your exams, enrol again in the autumn and take some more?»
Lucy replaced her bookmark and closed the book as deliberately as if she was pressing a flower.
«I’ve been thinking of applying to university.»
She tried to sound casual, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appeared to be studying the picture on the cover of her book. Phil just stared at her, and after a while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out. Phil had stared Lucy in.
"What do you mean, go to universiy? Which university?"
«The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they’d have me, that is.»
Barry Hines, Unfinished Business.

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS: Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives, 2 nouns and 2 link words, (you CANNOT change the nature of the words!) and the suitable punctuation, scratch your minds and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE.
You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively! PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THESE WORDS!
Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/[...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens.
Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, courte (moins de 50 mots, si possible ...), mais je le répète, qui ait un sens et sa logique interne !) Cet exercice est TRES difficile,, c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne pouvez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).
La date limite pour cet exercice est le vendredi 15 juin 2018 tard.
( Beaucoup de règles, j'en suis désolée ... mais déjà comme ça, c'est énormément de travail, et sans un effort de chacun, c'est ingérable.) Je sais que plusieurs d'entre vous sont très attachés à cet exercice-jeu, qu'ils trouvent formateur and "mind-puzzling". Je vous rappelle cependant que vous n'êtes pas obligés de le faire ! FREEDOM! Voici les éléments imposés cette fois :

(To) RECEIVE – (to) PROVE – GENEROUS – ENVIOUS – ENTHUSIASM – MOTORIST – AS WELL AS (=1 mot) – EVENTUALLY - + un gérondif.

Courage à tous ! THE FORCE is with YOU.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-05-2018 12:36

Attention! Faute de frappe dans mon édition , lire «  she tried to sound casual ... » Merci magie.

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de magie8, postée le 01-06-2018 à 14:18:44 (S | E)
Bonjour
aujourd'hui je soutiens dans l'adversité here4u et la remercie pour son courage.

translate into English ready to correct merci
1) D’abord, Tom m’a collé aux basques, et toi maintenant … Tu devrais savoir que je n’aime pas être harcelé … Laisse-moi travailler sans m’interrompre. Va –t-en, s’il te plaît
First Tom would not to give me a break and you now... you should know that I do not like to be harassed... let me work without interrupting me. please go away

2) Parle moins fort. Ce qui s’est passé a vraiment miné son estime de soi et ce n’est pas la peine d’en rajouter en lui montrant que tu as entendu parler de l’incident.
Keep your voice down, what happened really undermined his self-esteem and it is not worth adding to him by showing him that you heard about the incident.

3) Maxwell : Si elle pouvait seulement le remettre debout, elle était tentée de descendre elle-même à pied la vallée sur 1 km pour le mener jusqu'au docteur du village.
If she could only put him back up, she was tempted to walk down herself the valley for 1km to lead him to the local doctor.

4) Maxwell : "Neuf plus huit font dix-sept : je pose sept et je retiens un" " Faites le calcul de tête ! " répéta la maîtresse pour la nième fois.
Nine+eight are seventeen:I put down the seven and I carry the one do the calculation in your head repeated the school teacher for the umpteenth time

II) translate into French in ready to correct
As she was turning back to her novel, Phil said, «Anyway, what are you going to do now that you’ve passed your exams, enrol again in the autumn and take some more?»
Lucy replaced her bookmark and closed the book as deliberately as if she was pressing a flower.
She tried to sound causal, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appeared to be studying the picture on the cover of her book. Phil just stared at her, and after a while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out. Phil had stared Lucy in.
«The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they’d have me, that is.

ready to correct MERCI
Comme elle retournait à son roman,Phil dit:" de toutes façons que vas-tu faire maintenant que tu as passé tes examens,tu te réinscris à l'automne et tu remets ça.
Lucy replaça son marque-page et ferma le livre aussi lentement que si elle pressait une fleur.
"Je pensais postuler à l'université.
Elle essaya de prendre un air désinvolte comme si de telles pensées étaient banales, mais ce qu'elle ressentait vraiment était révélé par son immobilité et la manière intense dont elle semblait étudier l'image sur la couverture du livre ...Phil la regarda fixement et après un moment, la pression de son regard lui fit relever les yeux.C'était le contraire du jeu dans lequel les enfants se font baisser les yeux mutuellement, Phil la forçait à le regarder en face.
Que veux-tu dire aller à l'université?Quelle université?
L'université ici, en ville, Je pourrais y aller en tant qu'externe.S'ils m'acceptait ,Voilà.

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de djim21, postée le 01-06-2018 à 18:46:16 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
I was abble to get away and to do your exercices. I miss them.
Have a nice week-end.
ready for correction

1) D’abord, Tom m’a collé aux basques, et toi maintenant … Tu devrais savoir que je n’aime pas être harcelé … Laisse-moi travailler sans m’interrompre. Va –t-en, s’il te plaît !
First of all, Tom stuck to me like glue, and now it’s you … You should have to know I don’t like to be harassed …
Let me work without interrupting me. Please, go away !

Pipe down. What happened has been really undermining his self-esteem and it’s not worth to add more, showing him you have heard talk of the incident.

If she could only put him back standing, she was tempted to walk down herself the valley along 1 km in order to take him until the doctor of the village.
« Nine plus eight is seventeen : I write down the seven and I carry the one » « Work in your head ! » the teacher repeated for the umpteenth time.

She tried to sound causal, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appeared to be studying the picture on the cover of her book. Phil just stared at her, and after a while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out. Phil had stared Lucy in.
«The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they’d have me, that is.»

Comme elle reprenait la lecture de son roman, Phil lui dit, « De toute façon, que vas-tu faire maintenant que tu as réussi tes examens, t’inscrire une nouvelle fois à l’automne et continuer encore et encore ? »
Lucy remit son marque-page et ferma son livre aussi posément qu’elle y aurait pressé une fleur.
« J’ai pensé à m’inscrire à l’université. »
Elle essayait de paraître déterminée, comme si une telle pensée n’était que banale, mais ses véritables émotions étaient trahies par son immobilisme et l’intensité qu’elle mettait à scruter l’image de couverture de son livre.
Phil la regardait fixement, et au bout d’un moment, la force de ce regard fit qu'elle leva les yeux. C’était comme le contraire du jeu dans lequel les enfants se font baisser les yeux. Phil et Lucy se regardaient droit dans les yeux.
« Que veux-tu dire, aller à l’université ? Quelle université ? »
« Celle d’ici, en ville, je pourrais y aller en tant qu’externe. S’ils m’acceptaient, bien sûr. »

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS:
(To) RECEIVE – (to) PROVE – GENEROUS – ENVIOUS – ENTHUSIASM – MOTORIST – AS WELL AS (=1 mot) – EVENTUALLY - + un gérondif.

Seeming GENEROUS, the MOTORIST is driving his car with ENTHUSIASM ; he is risking to RECEIVE a fine if he continues WANTING to PROVE, to ENVIOUS people trying to follow him, he is handling his trajectories AS WELL AS a F1 driver, but EVENTUALLY, realizing his stupidity, he slows.

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de here4u, postée le 02-06-2018 à 12:16:40 (S | E)
Hello !
Juste une précision ... mes ennuis informatiques de ces derniers jours n'étaient EN RIEN en rapport avec le site ! (Je peux et sais me "planter" toute seule ! ) ... simplement une mauvaise manipulation ( que je n'ai toujours pas identifiée ... ) Elle m'a fait perdre mon dossier "travail brouillon" sur les exercices de la quinzaine ... Ca arrive (paraît-il ! )

J'espère avoir "rattrapé" le tout ... (n'oubliez pas de protester si certains envois de corrections ont été oubliés ... )

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de taiji43, postée le 02-06-2018 à 17:23:41 (S | E)
Dear Here 4U
I have the great pleasure to send you what I would be willing to be a masterpiece ...AS said MLK I have a dream…
Thank you for the correction
READY TO BE CORRECTED

1) D’abord, Tom m’a collé aux basques,et toi maintenant …Tu devrais savoir que je n’aime pas être harcelée … Laisse-moi travailler sans m’interrompre. Va–t-en, s’il te plaît !
First Tom who was clinging, to me and is your turn … You should know that I dislike being pestered with… Let me work without interrupting me. Go away please!

2) Parle moins fort. Ce qui s’est passé a vraiment miné son estime, il n’est pas nécessaire d’en rajouter en lui montrant que tu as entendu parler de l’incident.
Tone it down. What really happened undermined his self-respect and you needn’t to over do it, making him understand, that you heard about the incident.

3) Maxwell: Si elle pouvait seulement le remettre debout, elle était ???serait tentée de descendre elle-même à pied la vallée sur 1 km pour le mener jusqu'au docteur du village.
Should he can put him back up, She would be tempted to walk down herself the valley, over a mile to lead him up to the doctor of the village.

Nine plus eight equals seventeen: I put down the seven and carry the one " Do the calculation in your head! "Repeated the mistress for the umpteenth time.

II) Translate into French: READY TO BE CORRECTED
She tried to sound causal, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appeared to be studying the picture on the cover of her book.
Phil just stared at her, and after a while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out. Phil had stared Lucy in.
"What do you mean, go to university? Which university?"
«The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they’d have me, that is.

Comme elle reposait son roman sur la table, Phil dit, "au fait, qu'allez-vous faire maintenant que vous avez réussi vos examens, vous inscrire de nouveau en automne et continuer davantage vos études ?
Lucy replaça son signet et ferma le livre aussi délibérément que si elle pressait une fleur à l’intérieur
"Je pensais m’inscrire à l'université."
Elle essaya de sembler décontractée, comme si de telles pensées étaient banales, mais ses vrais sentiments se révélaient par son immobilité et la façon intense dont elle semblait étudier l'image sur la couverture de son livre.
Phil la fixa du regard et après un moment la force de son regard fit qu’elle leva les yeux. Cela ressemblait à l’inverse du jeu durant lequel les enfants se fixent mutuellement. Phil avait intensément scruté Lucy dans son fort intérieur
Que voulez-vous dire, allez à l'université ? Quelle université ? "
"L'université d ici, dans la ville, je pourrais aller comme externe. S'ils m’acceptent.. c’est tout"

READY TO BE CORRECTED

Il venait de recevoir sa lettre d’embauche qui prouvait qu’en ayant été généreux de son temps , qu’en se montrant enthousiasme au travail , il avait été finalement été choisi comme directeur du garage ainsi que responsable de l’accueil des automobilistes, cependant c’est certain , certains seraient envieux de son succès
He had just RECEIVED his hiring letter which PROVED that having been GENEROUS with his time, by SHOWING ENTHUSIASM at work he had EVENTUALLY been chosen
as manager of the garage AS WELL AS responsible for the welcome of the MOTORISTS however it is certain, some would be ENVIOUS of his success

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de tereda, postée le 03-06-2018 à 11:04:58 (S | E)
hello everyone,
dear HERE4U, this is my try ready for correction.

First, Tom stuck me like a leech and now you !... You should know that I don't like being harassed... Let me work without interrupting .. Please, go away.

Keep your voice down. What happened really undermined her self-esteem and it's not worth adding to it by showing her that you heard about the incident.

If she could only get him up, she would want and walk down the valley herself for 1 km to take him to the village's doctor ..

Nine plus eight is seventeen ; I put down seven and I retain one - do the head calculation ! repeated the mistress for the nth fois....

Comme elle revenait à son roman, Phil lui dit : Peu importe, que vas-tu faire maintenant que tu as réussi tes examens, t'inscrire à nouveau à l'automne et poursuivre un peu plus ? Lucy remis son garde-page et ferma son livre aussi fermement que si elle avait serré une fleur dans ses mains.
"J'ai pensé m'inscrire à l'Université."
Elle avait tâché que ses paroles sonnent comme si de telles pensées étaient naturelles, normales, mais son émotion se révélait à travers son calme, et la façon intense qu'elle avait de paraître étudier l'image qui recouvrait la couverture de son livre.
Phil la fixait et au bout d'un moment, la force de son regard lui fit lever les yeux.
C'était l'envers du jeu quand les enfants se fixent l'un et l'autre ; Phil la regardait en face.
Que veut-tu dire : aller à l'université ? Quelle université ?
"L'Université d'ici, en ville, je pourrais y aller en tant qu'étudiant de jour, s'ils veulent bien de moi, bien sûr.

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS:
As well as you know, receiving a generous amount of money is eventually a chance that can happen more rarely than an accident, said the unhappy motorist ; 25 this proves that to be happy , one should not be envious, but just having enthusiasm. 15 = 40

Comme vous le savez, recevoir une abondante somme d'argent est finalement une chance qui peut arriver plus rarement qu'un accident, a dit l'automobiliste malheureux ; cela prouve que pour être heureux, il ne faut pas être envieux, mais seulement enthousiaste.

always a pleasure to try to find the best . THANK YOU SO MUCH for this new exercise.

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de alpiem, postée le 03-06-2018 à 16:09:33 (S | E)
Hello,here4u 133 with computers READY FOR CORRECTION

First of all Tom was clinging to my heels and now it's you...You should have in mind that
I don't like being badgered....Leave me to my business without cutting me off.Go away, please.

Keep it down. What happended has utterly undermined his self-esteem and it's no point topping
it up pointing out that you have beeen told about the case.

If only she could put him back on his feet, she was tempted to go leading him all the way down the valley on foot for 1 km to the valley practitioner.

As she was turning back to her novel, Phil said, «Anyway, what are you going to do now that you've passed your exams, enrol again in the autumn and take some more?»
«I've been thinking of applying to university.»
She tried to sound casual, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appeared to be studying the picture on the cover of her book. Phil just stared at her, and after a while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out. Phil had stared Lucy in.
«The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they'd have me, that is.»

Au moment oû elle revenait à sa lecture,Phil dit "Au fait,que feras-tu maintenant que tu as eu tes examens,t'inscrire à nouveau à l'Automne et en passer d'autres?"
Lucy remit son marque-page et ferma son livre aussi délicatement que si c'était pour une fleur(?).
"Je pense m'inscrire à l'université". Elle s'efforça de paraître détachée, comme si de telles idées étaient banales, mais ses vrais sentiments furent trahis par son calme et l'application acharnée qu'elle mit pour faire semblant d'étudier la gravure sur la couverture de son livre.
Phil, alors, se mit à la fixer du regard et un instant après, la force de son regard la fit lever les yeux. C'était l'inverse du jeu des enfants qui consiste à se faire baisser les yeux les uns les autres en se fixant .Phil,lui, les lui avait fait lever.
"Que veux-tu dire , aller à l'université? Quelle université?"
"L'université là, en ville,je pourrais aller là en temps que étudiante journalière. S'ils voulaient de moi, bien sûr."

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de icare29, postée le 05-06-2018 à 18:10:32 (S | E)
HELLO HERE4U , AND ALL HARD WORKERS HERE IS MY WORK ,OK FOR CORRECTION.

1) D'abord, Tom m'a collé aux basques, et toi maintenant ? Tu devrais savoir que je n'aime pas être harcelé ? Laisse-moi travailler sans m'interrompre. Va ?t-en, s'il te plaît !
At first, Tom was right on my tail, and you now ... You should know that I don't like to be harassed ... Let me work without interrupting me. Go away please !

2) Parle moins fort. Ce qui s'est passé a vraiment miné son estime de soi et ce n'est pas la peine d'en rajouter en lui montrant que tu as entendu parler de l'incident.
Keep your voice down What happened did really undermine his self-esteem and it isn't bother to add by showing him that you have heard about the incident.

If only she could put him back on his feet, she was tempted to walk down the valley on 1 km long in order to lead him at the doctor's in the village

Nine plus eight are seventeen: I put seven and I hold one" "Do the head calculation " said the mistress again for the nth time.

As she was turning back to her novel, Phil said, «Anyway, what are you going to do now that you've passed your exams, enrol again in the autumn and take some more?»
«The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they'd have me, that is.».

Alors qu' elle avait repris la lecture de son roman, Phil lui dit: " De toutes façons , qu'allez-vous faire maintenant que vous avez réussi vos examens, vous inscrire à nouveau à l'automne pour poursuivre vos études ? "
Lucy posa son marque-page à l'intérieur du livre puis le referma aussi naturellement que si elle poussait une fleur.
«J'ai pensé à m'inscrire à l'université.».
Elle tenta de prendre une posture décontractée , comme si de telles idées étaient banales , mais ses véritables pensées éclatèrent en plein jour par son attitude figée et par la façon dont elle parut étudier l'image figurant sur la couverture de son livre.
Phil la regarda fixement, dans un jeu inverse de celui où les enfants se regardent longtemps les yeux dans les yeux , et après un moment, la puissance de son regard l'obligea à lever les yeux . Phil dévisagea Lucy.
"Que voulez-vous dire, aller à l'université, mais quelle université?."
"L'université ici-même, dans la ville, je pourrais y aller en externat à condition je sois acceptée , naturellement ».....

III) PLAYING WITH WORDS.
(To) RECEIVE ? (to) PROVE ? GENEROUS ? ENVIOUS ? ENTHUSIASM ? MOTORIST ? AS WELL AS (=1 mot) ? EVENTUALLY - un gérondif. .
Ladies and gentlemen ,
Raise a drink to Mr. Raymond , president of the western car club, our GENEROUS donator ,Mr.Raymond ,you are a fulfilled MOTORIST, owner of expensive cars , race cars AS WELL AS vintage cars which made many of us ENVIOUS , DRIVING cars is always for you a great pleasure ,you have EVENTUALLY collected an important sum of money for our humanitarian foundation , I have just RECEIVED a check from you for £10,000 ,it doesn't need TO PROVE you will continue managing the club with such ENTHUSIASM.....
Thank you Mr.Raymond

Mesdames et messieurs ,
Levons notre verre à la santé de Mr Raymond , président de l'automobile club de l'ouest , notre généreux donateur ; Mr Raymond , vous êtes un automobiliste comblé, propriétaire de voitures de luxe , des voitures de course aussi bien que des voitures anciennes ,qui font des envieux parmi plusieurs d'entre nous , conduire est toujours pour vous un fantastique plaisir , vous aves finalement collecté une importante somme d'argent pour notre fondation humanitaire , je viens juste de recevoir de vous un chéque de 10.ooo livres , il n'est pas nécessaire de prouver que vous continuerait à assurer la direction du club avec un tel enthousiasme : Merci Mr Raymond ......

Dear Here4u , no need to prove you will continue managing your student group with such enthusiasm ...

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de joe39, postée le 09-06-2018 à 19:16:48 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
Here I am to submit you my work, ready to be corrected.

First of all, , Tom, is constantly hanging to my heels and now you...You should know that I don't like to be harassed...Let me work without interrupting me. Go away, please!

Lower your voice. What happened has really harmed his self-esteem and it isn't proper to add something more showing him that you have heard about the accident.

If only she were able to put him on his feet, she would attempt to get 1 kilometre down the valley taking him up to the village doctor.

Nine plus eight are seventeen. I put down seven and I keep one"." Do the calculation in your mind" repeated the teacher for the umpteenth time.

«I’ve been thinking of applying to university.» She tried to sound casual, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appeared to be studying the picture on the cover
of her book. Phil just stared at her, and after a while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out. Phil had stared Lucy in.

Puisque elle revenait à son roman, Phil dit, « quoi qu’il en soit, que feras-tu maintenant que tu a reussi aux examens ? T’inscriras- tu à nouveau cet automne et faire quelqu'un de plus?
Lucy remit à sa place son signet et ferma le livre avec précaution, comme s’elle ait appuyé sur une fleur. « J’ai l’intention de m’inscrire à l’université ».
Elle essayait de paraître désinvolte, comme si une telle pensée était triviale, Mais ses vrais sentiments avaient révélés par son calme et l’intensité avec laquelle elle semblait d’étudier l’illustration sur la couverture de son livre. Phil la regardait fixement et, après un moment, la force de son regard la fit lever les yeux. C’était comme l’inverse du jeu dans
lequel les enfants se regardent dans les yeux jusqu’à ce que l’un d’eux détourne son regard. Phil avait forcé Lucy à le regarder en face.
"Que veux-tu dire?, aller à l'université? Quelle université? »
« L’université ici, dans la ville, je pourrais y aller en tant qu’étudiant externe, s’ils m’acceptaient, bien sûr.

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS La date limite pour cet exercice est le vendredi 15 juin 2018 tard.
The young, unskilled MOTORIST, eager TO PROVE his ability in DRIVING the monstrous SUV , capable TO RECEIVE 8 people,he bought thanks to the GENEROUS donation of his parents, invited a group of his university fellows, ENVIOUS but full of ENTHUSIASM, to take a trip on swampy ground, but EVENTUALLY the venture ended with the car bogged down with two axle shafts broken, AS WELL AS was the spirit of the young. 68

Thanking a lot for this “umpteenth” nice exercise, I hope you have a wonderful Sunday.
So long.
Joe39

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 15-06-2018 11:32

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 15-06-2018 11:50

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de maya92, postée le 10-06-2018 à 17:21:43 (S | E)
Bonjour Here4u,

I – Into English

1 –First Tom kept on pestering me and now it’s you… You should know I don’t like being harassed… Let me work without breaking me off. Clear off, please !
2 –Cool off. What happened has really knocked down his self-esteem and it’s not worth laying on thick by showing you’ve heard about the incident
3 – If only she could stand him up, she could risk walking down the valley forone kilometer to take him to the village doctor
4 – Nine and eight are seventeen : I put down seven and carry one. Count in your head ! told the mistress for the nth time

II – Into French

As she was turning back to her novel, Phil said, «Anyway, what are you going to do now that you’ve passed your exams, enrol again in the autumn and take some more ? » Lucy replaced her bookmark and closed the bok as deliberately as if she was pressing a flower. «I’ve ben thinking of applying to university» She tried to sound casual, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appeared to be studying the picture on the cover of her book. Phil just stared at her, and after while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out. Phil had stared Lucy in. «What do you mean, go to university ? Which university ?» «The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they’d have me, that is.»
Alors qu’elle reprenait son roman, Phil dit «De toute façon qu’est-ce que tu vas faire maintenant que tu as réussi tes examens, te réinscrire l’automne prochain pour en passer d’autres ? » Lucy remit son marque-page et ferma son livre aussi soigneusement que si elle y pressait une fleur. «J’ai pensé m’inscrire à une autre université » Elle dit cela sur un ton désinvolte comme si une telle idée était juste banale mais son calme et le vif intérêt qu’elle semblait porter à la couverture de son livre révélaient ses véritables sentiments. Phil la dévisagea si intensément qu’après un moment elle leva la tête. C’était comme l’inverse du jeu dans lequel les enfants s’amusent à se faire baisser mutuellement les yeux. Phil lui avait fait lever les yeux. «Qu’est-ce que tu veux dire aller à l’université ? Quelle université ? » «L’université ici, dans la ville, je pourrais y aller en tant qu'externe, s’ils m’acceptaient bien sûr. »

III – Playing with words

The MOTORIST who wanted TO PROVE his ENTHUSIASM towards his new car and who was GENEROUS enough to overlook the vile words of his ENVIOUS neighbour EVENTUALLY decided to RECEIVE him AS WELL AS his family to prevent any GOSSIPING (38)

Thank u once more - Have a nice week-end…

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de chocolatcitron, postée le 12-06-2018 à 01:41:36 (S | E)
Message de here4u posté le 30-05-2018 à 12:00:51 samedi 16 juin, tard. FINISHED.
Hello, my dear Here4u and Maxwell! Thank you for these great exercises: practice makes perfect!
Hi everybody!

Here is my work:
D’abord, Tom m’a collé aux basques, et toi maintenant … Tu devrais savoir que je n’aime pas être harcelé … Laisse-moi travailler sans m’interrompre. Va–t-en, s’il te plaît !
First, Tom stuck to me like glue, and you are doing now... You should know that I don't like to be harassed... Let me work without disturbing. Go away, please !

Parle moins fort. Ce qui s’est passé a vraiment miné son estime de soi et ce n’est pas la peine d’en rajouter en lui montrant que tu as entendu parler de l’incident.
Keep your voice down. What was happened has really undermined his self esteem, and it's no use adding it, showing him you have heard of the incident.

Maxwell : Si elle pouvait seulement le remettre debout, elle était tentée de descendre elle-même à pied la vallée sur 1 km pour le mener jusqu'au docteur du village.
If she only could get him back on his feet, she would be tempted to walk down the valley about one kilometre to take him to the doctor's in the village.

Maxwell : "Neuf plus huit font dix-sept : je pose sept et je retiens un" " Faites le calcul de tête ! " répéta la maîtresse pour la énième fois.
Maxwell!
« Nine plus eight equals seventeen : I write seven but I hold one » « Do mental arithmetic ! » said the schoolteacher for the umpteenth time.

Comme elle retournait à son roman, Phil a dit :  « Bon, qu'est-ce que tu vas faire, maintenant que tu as réussi tes examens, recommencer à l'automne, et aller plus loin ? »
Lucy remit son marque-page et referma le livre, aussi posément que si elle écrasait une fleur. *
« J'ai pensé m'inscrire à l'université. »
Elle essayait de plaider sa cause, comme si de telles pensées pouvaient être naturelles, mais ses véritables sentiments se révélaient par son immobilité et la manière intense avec laquelle elle semblait analyser l'image de la couverture de son livre. Simplement Phil la regardait fixement, et au bout d'un moment, l'intensité de ce regard lui fit lever les yeux. C'était comme le jeu inversé durant lequel les enfants se dévisagent mutuellement. Phil avait démasqué Lucy.
« Que veux-tu dire, aller à l'université ? Quelle université? »
« L'université d'ici, en ville, je pourrais y aller en externe. S'ils m'acceptent, voilà. »

*(... pour la mettre après sous verre, et en faire un tableau végétal sans doute ??? )

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS: Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives, 2 nouns and 2 link words, (you CANNOT change the nature of the words!) and the suitable punctuation, scratch your minds and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE.
La date limite pour cet exercice est le vendredi 15 juin 2018 tard.
Voici les éléments imposés cette fois :

Here is my sentence:
The MOTORIST read her speeding ticket without ENTHOUSIASM: she RECEIVED a GENEROUS fine € 135 for, AS WELL AS four points missing, by LOSING her driving licence PROVED that she had been a dangerous driver, she cast an ENVIOUS eye on her licence : EVENTUALLY she had to resit her exam for WORKING. (50 words.)

L'automobiliste a lu sans enthousiasme son procès verbal pour excès de vitesse, elle l'a écopé d'une amende généreuse à 135 €, ainsi que quatre points de retrait sur son permis ; le retrait de son permis de conduire prouve qu'elle a été une conductrice dangereuse, elle jeta un regard envieux sur son permis : finalement, elle a dû le repasser pour travailler.

I give the force back to you for marking and sendind back our work ! Have a great a very sweet week !

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de maxwell, postée le 14-06-2018 à 20:53:00 (S | E)
FINISHED

hello everyone
Thanks a lot Here4U, that was fun as ever

1) D'abord, Tom m'a collé aux basques, et toi maintenant ? Tu devrais savoir que je n'aime pas être harcelé ? Laisse-moi travailler sans m'interrompre. Va ?t-en, s'il te plaît !
First, Tom has tagged along (with me) (*) and now you... You should know that I don't like being harassed... Let me work without interrupting. Go away, please!
(*) or : has clung on to me

2) Parle moins fort. Ce qui s'est passé a vraiment miné son estime de soi et ce n'est pas la peine d'en rajouter en lui montrant que tu as entendu parler de l'incident.
Keep your voice down. What happened has undermined her self-esteem and there's no need to add to it by showing her you've heard about the incident.

3) Si elle pouvait seulement le remettre debout, elle était tentée de descendre elle-même à pied la vallée sur 1 km pour le mener jusqu'au docteur du village.
If she could just get him back on his feet, she was tempted to walk him the 0.62 mile down the valley to the doctor of the village herself.

4) "Neuf plus huit font dix-sept : je pose sept et je retiens un" " Faites le calcul de tête ! " répéta la maîtresse pour la nième fois.
"Nine plus eight equals seventeen: I write down the seven and carry the one." " Do the sum in your head!" the schoolteacher repeated for the umpteenth time.

She tried to sound casual, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appeared to be studying the picture on the cover of her book.
Phil just stared at her, and after a while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out. Phil had stared Lucy in.
«The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they'd have me, that is.»

Comme elle retournait à son roman, Phil dit : "De toute façon, que vas-tu faire maintenant que tu as réussi tes examens, t'inscrire encore à l'automne et rempiler?"Lucy replaça son marque-page et ferma le livre aussi volontairement que si elle eût pressé une fleur.
"J'envisage de m'inscrire à l'université."Elle essaya de paraître décontractée, comme si de pareilles pensées étaient banales, mais son immobilité et l'intensité avec laquelle elle semblait étudier la photo sur la couverture du livre trahissaient ses sentiments réels.
Phil se contenta de la regarder fixement, et au bout d'un moment, la force de son regard la fit lever les yeux. Ce fut comme l'inverse du jeu où les enfants se fixent jusqu'à faire baisser les yeux de l'autre. Phil avait fait lever les yeux de Lucy.
"Que veux-tu dire par aller à l'université ? Quelle université ?"
"L'université ici, dans la ville, je pourrais y aller en tant qu'externe. C'est-à-dire, s'ils veulent bien de moi."

III) Playing with words :
He was a GENEROUS guy AS WELL AS a man of great ENTHUSIASM but last month, his car collided into a van whose driver has PROVED to be drunk and has RECEIVED a conditional sentence; THINKING about it, I'm EVENTUALLY no longer ENVIOUS of MOTORISTS... (46)

C'était un gars généreux, ainsi qu'un homme d'un grand enthousiasme, mais le mois dernier, sa voiture a percuté une camionnette dont le conducteur s'est avéré ivre et a reçu une peine avec sursis ; en pensant à ça, je ne suis finalement plus envieux des automobilistes...

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de here4u, postée le 16-06-2018 à 23:32:14 (S | E)
Hello dears!

Encore beaucoup d'excellentes choses dans vos exercices ... Bravo !

I) Translate into English:
First I had Tom breathing down my neck, now you... You should know I don’t like being badgered. Let me do my work uninterrupted. Go please!
- Attention ! to stick, I stuck, stuck= coller
- « coller aux basques »= stick like a leech/ tag along/ stick like glue/ breathe down someone’s neck/
- être harcelé = harassed/ pestered/ badgered/

2)Parle moins fort. Ce qui s’est passé a vraiment miné son estime de soi et ce n’est pas la peine d’en rajouter en lui montrant que tu as entendu parler de l’incident.
Keep your voice down. What happened really took a toll on his self esteem and it’s pointless to rub it in, showing him that you’ve heard of the incident.

- Parle moins fort.= Keep your voice down!/ Not so loud!/ Pipe down/ tone it down/
- « en rajouter » = lay it on thick/ lay it on with a trowel/ ham/ overdo it/ put it on/ ham it up/ ham up/ lay it on/ rub it in/
- Miner = mine/ chip away/ erode/ sap/ subvert/ undermine/ take a toll on/
- ce n’est pas la peine de = it’s pointless to/ useless to/

3)Maxwell : Si elle pouvait seulement le remettre debout, elle était tentée de descendre elle-même à pied la vallée sur 1 km pour le mener jusqu'au docteur du village.
If she could only get him to his feet, she’d walk him down the valley for a kilometre in order to take him to the village doctor.
- remettre debout = get someone to one’s feet/ help someone to one’s feet/ get someone on one’s feet/

4)Maxwell : " Neuf plus huit font dix-sept : je pose sept et je retiens un " " Faites le calcul de tête ! " répéta la maîtresse pour la nième fois.
Nine and eight are seventeen : I put down (the) three and carry (the) one… « Do the sums in your heads ! » the teacher repeated for the umpteenth time.
- « Nine plus/ and eight makes/ are seventeen » Lien internet

- calculer de tête = calculate something in your head/ work something out in your head/
- la n ième fois = the umpteenth time.

As she was turning back (1) to her novel, Phil said, « Anyway, what are you going to do now that you’ve passed your exams (2), enrol again in the autumn and take (2) some more ? »
Lucy replaced her bookmark and closed the book as deliberately as if she was pressing (3 )a flower.
« I’ve been thinking of applying to university. »
She tried to sound casual, as if such thoughts were commonplace, but her true feelings were revealed by her stillness and the intense way in which she appered to be studying the picture on the cover of her book. Phil just stared at her (4), and after a while the force of his gaze made her look up. It was like the reverse of the game in which children stare each other out (4). Phil had stared Lucy in (4).
« What do you mean, go to universiy ? Which university ?»
« The university here, in the city, I could go as a day student. If they’d have me, that is. »

Alors qu’elle reprenait son roman, Phil dit, « Bon, qu’est-ce que tu vas faire maintenant que tu as réussi tes examens, t’inscrire à nouveau en automne et en passer d’autres ? »
Lucy remit son marque-page et referma le livre posément comme si elle y serrait une fleur.
« J’envisage de postuler à l’université. »
Elle essaya d’avoir l’air décontracté, comme si de telles pensées étaient ordinaires, mais ses sentiments personnels étaient révélés par son immobilité et la façon intense avec laquelle elle semblait étudier l’image en couverture de son livre. Phil la fixait simplement et après un instant, la force de ce regard lui fit lever les yeux. C’était comme le contraire du jeu dans lequel un enfant fait baisser les yeux de l'autre. Phil avait fait lever les yeux de Lucy.
« Qu’est-ce que tu veux dire, aller à l’université. Quelle université ? »
« L’université d’ici, en ville, je pourrais y aller en externe, s’ils voulaient bien de moi, bien sûr. »

(1) = she was turning back to = elle reprenait (la lecture de ) son roman
(2) « you’ve passed your exams » = tu as réussi tes examens ; passer un examen = to take an exam/ to sit for an exam
(3) « as if she was pressing a flower. » certains n’ont pas compris la comparaison ; Lorsque vous mettez une fleur à sécher dans un livre, vous le faites sans hâte, afin de ne pas endommager les pétales de la fleur.
- « I’ve been thinking of +ing » = envisager de, faire le projet
- to apply to = poser sa candidature
(4) to stare at= regarder fixement, fixer. To stare out = faire baisser les yeux ; =>to stare in= faire lever les yeux. C’était LA difficulté de la version : comprendre que to stare out signifiait « faire baisser les yeux » ; dans le texte, le contraire « stare in » signifiait « faire lever les yeux ».
- a day-student= un externe (rentre à la maison le soir pour y dormir). Otherwise => a boarder lives in a dorm on campus.

III) PLAYING and WORKING WITH WORDS: (To) RECEIVE – (to) PROVE – GENEROUS – ENVIOUS – ENTHUSIASM – MOTORIST – AS WELL AS (=1 mot) – EVENTUALLY - + un gérondif.
(N’oubliez pas de noter le nombre de mots …merci !)

- Looking GENEROUS, the MOTORIST is driving his car with ENTHUSIASM; he might RECEIVE a fine if he continues WANTING to PROVE to the ENVIOUS people trying to follow him, he is handling his trajectories AS WELL AS an F1 driver; EVENTUALLY, realizing his stupidity, he slows down.

- He had just RECEIVED his hiring letter which PROVED that having been GENEROUS with his time, by SHOWING ENTHUSIASM at work he had EVENTUALLY been chosen to manage the garage AS WELL AS be responsible for the welcome of the MOTORISTS; however it is certain, some would be ENVIOUS of his success.

- He was a GENEROUS guy AS WELL AS a man of great ENTHUSIASM but last month, his car collided into a van whose driver has PROVED to be drunk and has RECEIVED a conditional sentence; THINKING about it, I'm EVENTUALLY no longer ENVIOUS of MOTORISTS...(48)

- Ladies and gentlemen,
Raise a drink to Mr. Raymond, president of the western car club, our GENEROUS donator : DRIVING cars has always been a great pleasure for you; Mr. Raymond, you are a fulfilled MOTORIST, the owner of expensive cars, race cars AS WELL AS vintage cars making many of us ENVIOUS; you have EVENTUALLY collected an important sum of money for our humanitarian foundation, I have just RECEIVED a £10,000 check from you ; no need TO PROVE you will continue to manage the club with such ENTHUSIASM...
Thank you Mr. Raymond

-- The young, unskilled MOTORIST, eager TO PROVE his ability to DRIVE the monstrous SUV, capable TO RECEIVE 8 people, he had bought thanks to the GENEROUS donation of his parents, invited a group of his university fellows, ENVIOUS but full of ENTHUSIASM, to take a trip on swampy ground ; EVENTUALLY the venture ended with the car bogged down with two axle shafts broken, AS WELL AS it was the spirit of the young man. (71)

- The MOTORIST who wanted TO PROVE his ENTHUSIASM towards his new car and who was GENEROUS enough to overlook the vile words of his ENVIOUS neighbour EVENTUALLY decided to RECEIVE him AS WELL AS his family to prevent any GOSSIPING (38)

- The MOTORIST read her speeding ticket without ENTHOUSIASM: she RECEIVED a GENEROUS fine € 135 for, AS WELL AS a four point penalty ; LOSING her driving licence she PROVED that she had been a dangerous driver, she cast an ENVIOUS eye on her licence : EVENTUALLY she had to resit her exam. (50)

- As you know, receiving a generous amount of money is eventually a chance that can happen more rarely than an accident, the unhappy motorist said ; this proves that to be happy, one should not be envious, but just have enthusiasm.= 40 (« as well as » was not properly used + manque driving + ne pas oublier les majuscules.)

Bravo à tous et merci pour votre temps et votre excellent travail !

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de alpiem, postée le 20-06-2018 à 18:41:56 (S | E)
133 computers hello, here 4u,you missed out my version.

Au moment oû elle revenait à sa lecture,Phil dit "Au fait,que feras-tu maintenant que tu as eu tes examens,t'inscrire à nouveau à l'Automne et en passer d'autres?"
Lucy remit son marque-page et ferma son livre aussi délicatement que si c'était pour une fleur.
"Je pense m'inscrire à l'université". Elle s'efforça de paraître détachée, comme si de telles idées étaient banales, mais ses vrais sentiments furent trahis par son calme et l'application acharnée qu'elle mit pour faire semblant d'étudier la gravure sur la couverture de son livre.
Phil, alors, se mit à la fixer du regard et un instant après, la force de son regard la fit lever les yeux. C'était l'inverse du jeu des enfants qui consiste à se faire baisser les yeux les uns les autres en se fixant .Phil,lui, les lui avait fait lever.
"Que veux-tu dire , aller à l'université? Quelle université?"
"L'université là, en ville,je pourrais aller là en temps que étudiante journalière. S'ils voulaient de moi, bien sûr."

Réponse : Ex 133/with computers on our side de here4u, postée le 20-06-2018 à 23:13:32 (S | E)
Hello alpiem!

I did send you the correction of the "version", together with the "thème" ...
Message de here4u envoyé le 14-06-2018 12:34 à alpiem [Fil de la conversation]

The "Machine" may have done something wrong again...
I'm sending it again to you right now...

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux