Cliquez ici pour revenir à l'accueil... Créer un test / 1 leçon par semaine
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
4 millions de comptes créés

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Imprimer
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Publicités :

> Partenaires :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Rack your brains and help! /64

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Rack your brains and help! /64
Message de here4u posté le 12-02-2020 à 21:35:02 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear Friends,

Voici la nouvelle édition du travail de "My Poor Student", who's trying so hard... Avec l'actualité du moment, il a bien du mal à trouver des sujets "originaux" mais pas trop catastrophiques, sinon "amusants" ... Aujourd'hui, il a eu envie de donner une toute petite lueur d'espoir quand tout semble bien difficile ...

Cet exercice est un et sa correction sera en ligne le mercredi 26 février.

PLEASE, HELP MY STUDENT... He has left 20 mistakes in this text...(he has excuses, the text is quite long...)
(The 20 mistakes must be corrected IN CAPITAL LETTERS, please! )

Prema and her husband had worked in a brick kiln, winning just enough to scrape a living together for their young family. But they had hoped for more. Her husband took off a loan to start his own brick kiln, but the plans failed to take up. In a moment of desperation last year, he killed himself.
The pressure fell solely on Prema not only to earn enough to feed, clothe and house herself and her three children, but also to pay back the money they owned for the failed business venture. And for a while she managed, taking her two youngest to work with her."When I go to work I get 200 rupees ($2.80) per day, which is enough to run our family," But she became ill, which meant she couldn't earn as much. She was sick for three months - by the end of when the bills had mounted, and the cupboards had run naked. "My seven years old son started crying due to anger." Prema had no property, jewellery, valuables or kitchen ustensils that could be exchanged for cash. "I didn't even have a 10 rupee note [$0.14; £0.11] with me" Then she realised she did have anything she could sell after all. ///END of PART 1 /// "I remembered a shop which used to buy hair," Prema says, thinking immediately of her own hair. India is one of the world top exporters of human hair, which is sold around the globe to make extensions. "I went there and sold my entire head of hair at 150 rupees ($2; £1.50) The respite was only temporary: Prema knew she was out of options, and her thoughts began to turn towards more drastic measures. She decided to find a way of taking her own life. She was saved by her sister, who happened to come by on time to stop her. And then, just few days later, the help she so desesperately needed appeared out of the blue.
Bala Murugan heard about Prema's situation. It immediately stroke a nerve: her struggle reminded him of his family's darkest hour: at the age of 10, his family ran out of food. In a state of utter despair, Bala's mother decided to kill herself and her children. She changed her mind at the last moment: the family rushed their mother to a doctor, and she was saved. ///END of PART 2 /// Bala now lives a life a world around from the situation he grew up. After years of struggle, he worked his way out of poverty and now owns a computer graphics centre. He gave Prema some money to buy food, then wrote about the family on social media. "Within a day I got 120,000 rupees ($1,670)." At Prema's request, the fundraising was stopped. "She said she would get back to her work and pay the rest," Prema is slowly getting back on her feet, but, sadly, her financial situation is far from unique. In spite of India's economic growth, millions like her struggle to put food on the table. Prema has another obstacle in her way: she cannot read nor write, like tens of millions of other Indians. As a result, she is unaware of government schemes which provide help to people like her. But thanks to her community and to Bala, she is able to see a way out of the cycle of poverty which has kept her trapped. "Now I realise suicide was the wrong decision," she says. "I am confident about paying back the rest of the loan."/// END of the TEXT ///.

Thanks a lot for your help ... Of course, THE FORCE IS WITH you!

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /64 de magie8, postée le 17-02-2020 à 19:18:08 (S | E)
hello bon courage à tous 😐 in progress

Prema and her husband had worked in a brick kiln,EARNING just enough to scrape a living together for their young family. But they had hoped for more. Her husband took OUT a loan to start his own brick kiln, but the plans failed to take OFF . In a moment of desperation last year, he killed himself.
The pressure fell solely on Prema not only to earn enough to feed, clothe and house herself and her three children, but also to pay back the money they OWED for the failed business venture. And for a while she managed, taking her two youngest to work with her."When I go to work I get 200 rupees ($2.80) per day, which is enough to run our family," But she became ill, which meant she couldn't earn as much. She was sick for three months - by the end of WHICH the bills had mounted, and the cupboards had run EMPTY . "My SEVEN -YEAR-OLD son started crying due to HUNGER." Prema had no property, jewellery, valuables or kitchen ustensils that could be exchanged for cash. "I didn't even have a 10 rupee note [$0.14; £0.11] with me" Then she realised she did have SOMETHING she could sell after all. ///END of PART 1 /// "I remembered a shop which used to buy hair," Prema says, thinking immediately of her own hair. India is one of the world'S top exporters of human hair, which is sold around the globe to make extensions. "I went there and sold my entire head of hair FOR 150 rupees ($2; £1.50) The respite was only temporary: Prema knew she was out of options, and her thoughts began to turn towards more drastic measures. She decided to find a way of taking her own life. She was saved by her sister, who happened to come by IN time to stop her. And then, just A few DAY later, the help she so desesperately needed appeared out of the blue.
Bala Murugan heard about Prema's situation. It immediately STRUCK a nerve: her struggle reminded him of his family's darkest hour: at the age of 10, his family ran out of food. In a state of utter despair, Bala's mother decided to kill herself and her children. She changed her mind at the last moment: the family rushed their mother to a doctor, and she was saved. ///END of PART 2 /// Bala now lives a life a world AWAY from the situation he grew up IN. After years of struggle, he worked his way out of poverty and now owns a computer graphics centre. He gave Prema some money to buy food, then wrote about the family on social media. "Within a day I got 120,000 rupees ($1,670)." At Prema's request, the fundraising was stopped. "She said she would get back to her work and pay the rest," Prema is slowly getting back on her feet, but, sadly, her financial situation is far from unique. In spite of India's economic growth, millions like her struggle to put food on the table. Prema has another obstacle in her way: she cannot read OR write, like tens of millions of other Indians. As a result, she is unaware of government schemes which provide help to people like her. But thanks to her community and to Bala, she is able to see a way out of the cycle of poverty which has kept her trapped. "Now I realise suicide was the wrong decision," she says. "I am confident about paying back the rest of the loan."/// END of the TEXT ///.

je ferais le follow-up de la 1ere partie

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /64 de magie8, postée le 17-02-2020 à 20:10:14 (S | E)
BONJOUR j'ai posté un début de correction déjà bien avancée , j'avais repéré 15 ou 16 fautes et je ne le vois pas apparaître , donc je ne peux pas finir. j'attends un peu , et si mon travail est perdu je le recommencerais.
j'ai commencé aussi à préparer la traduction de la 1ere partie pour le follow up .
bon courage à tous 🎃😺😘

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /64 de here4u, postée le 17-02-2020 à 23:19:11 (S | E)
Hello Magie !

On dirait que ton travail est là !

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /64 de taiji43, postée le 18-02-2020 à 16:28:11 (S | E)
Good afternoon Here4U, MAXWELL, LUCILE 83 (our thinking heads) and and all those who work on this exercise...
After a day of reflexion
I am sending my correction although I am not sure of "past perfect" of" be used in the text", and " commit suicide ,and so on..."
thanks for the correction

READY TO BE CORRECTED

Prema and her husband had worked in a brick kiln, EARNING just enough to scrape a living together for their young family. But they had hoped for more. Her husband took OUT a loan to start his own brick kiln, but the plans failed to take OFF (démarrer) In a moment of desperation last year, he COMMITTED SUICIDE ( se suicider)

The pressure fell solely on Prema not only to earn enough to feed, clothe and house herself and her three children, but also to pay back the money they OWED for the failed business venture. And for a while she managed, TO TAKE her two youngest to work with her."

When I go to work I get 200 rupees ($2.80) per d AND ay, which is enough to run our family," But she became ill, which meant she couldn't earn as much. She was sick for three months -by the end or AT THE END of which (suppression de when) the bills had ACCUMULATED and the cupboards HAD EMPTIED

"My seven years old son started crying due to .hunger" Prema had no property, jewellery, valuables or kitchen ustensils that could be exchanged for cash. "I didn't even have a 10 rupee note [$0.14; £0.11] with me" Then she realised she did have SOMETHING she could sell after all. ///END of PART 1 ///

"I remembered a shop which WAS USED TO BUYING (être habitué d'acheter ) hair," Prema says, thinking immediately of her own hair. India is one of the WORLD 'S top exporters of human hair, which is sold around the globe to make extensions.

"I went there and sold my entire head of hair FOR 150 rupees ($2; £1.50) The respite was only temporary: Prema knew she was out of options, and her thoughts began to turn towards more drastic measures.

She decided to find a way of COMMITTING SUICIDE She was saved by her sister, who happened to come by IN time ( à temps) to stop her. And then, just A few days later, the help she so desesperately needed appeared out of the blue.
Bala Murugan heard about Prema's situation.

It immediately STRUCK a nerve: her struggle reminded him of his family's darkest hour: at the age of 10, his family ran out ( venir à manquer ok) of food. In a state of utter despair, Bala's mother decided to COMMIT SUICIDE WITH her children. She changed her mind at the last moment: the family rushed their mother to a doctor, and she was saved.

///END of PART 2 /// Bala now lives a life IN a world AWAY from THIS KIND OF situation  AND grew up. After years of struggle, he HAS WORKED his way out of poverty and now owns a computer graphics centre. He gave Prema some money to buy food, then wrote about the family on social media.

"Within a day I got 120,000 rupees ($1,670)." At Prema's request, the fundraising was stopped. "She said she would get back to her work and WOULD pay the rest," Prema is slowly getting back on her feet, but, sadly, her financial situation is far from unique. In spite of India's economic growth, millions OF PEOPLE like her struggle to put food on the table.

Prema has another obstacle in her way: she cannot read OR write, like tens of millions of other Indians. As a result, she is unaware of government schemes which provide help to people like her. But thanks to her community and to Bala, she is able to PERCEIVE (percevoir) a way out (une porte de sortie ) of the POVERTY CYCLE which has kept her trapped.

"Now I realise COMMIT suicide was the wrong decision," she says "I am confident about paying back the rest of the loan."/// END of the TEXT ///.

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /64 de alpiem, postée le 18-02-2020 à 16:36:04 (S | E)
hello,afresh work(pleasure) still in process
Rack your brains and help! /64 20 errors

Prema and her husband had worked in a brick kiln, winning just enough to scrape a living
together for their young family. But they hoped fo more.

Her husband TOOK OUT a loan to start his own kiln, but the plans failed to take up.
In a moment of desperation last year, he killed himself.
The pressure fell solely on Prema not only to earn enough to feed, clothe and house herself
and her three children, but also to pay back the money they OWED for the failed business
venture. And for a while she managed to TAKE her two youngest to WORK with her.
"When I go to work I get 200 rupees per day, which is enough to run our family",But she became
ill, which meant she couldn't earn as much. She was sick for three months-by the end of
when the bills had mounted, and the cupboards had run naked.
"My seven-year old son started crying due to HUNGER". Prima had no property, jewellry,for cash
valuables or kitchen ustensils that could be exchanged for cash.
"I didn't even have a 10 rupee-note with me" .Then she realised she did have anything she
could sell after all.
"I remembered a shop which used to buy hair",Prema says,thinkig immediately of her own hair.
India is one of the world 'S top exporters of human hair, which is sold around the globe to
make extentions.
"I went there and sold my entire head of hair FOR 150 rupees.The respite was only temporary:
Prema knew she was out of options, and her thoughts began to turn towards more drastic
measures.
She decided to find a way FOR taking her own life.She was saved by her sister, who happened
to come by on time to stop her.And, just A FEW days later, the help she so desperately
needed appeared out of the blue.
Bala Murugan heard about Prema's situation. It Immediately stroke a nerve: her struggle
reminded him of his family's darkest hour:at the age of ten,his family ran out of food.
In a state of utter despair, Bala's mother decided to kill herself and hef children..
She changed her mind at the last moment: the family rushed her mother to a DOCTOR'S and she
was saved.
Bala now lives a life a world around from the sitution he grew up.After years of struggle,
he worked out his way out of poverty and now owns a computer graphic centre."Within
a day, I got 120,000 rupees."
At Prema's request, the fundraising was stopped.She said she would get back to her work and
pay the rest.Prema is slowly getting back on her feet, but,sadly, her financial situation
is far from unique.
In spite of India's economy growth, millions like her struggle to put food on the table.
Prema has another obstacle ON her way: she cannot read nor write, like tens of millions
of other indians.
As a result she is unaware of government'S schemes which provide help to people like her.
But,thanks to her community and to Bala, she is able to see a way out of the cycle of
poverty which has kept her trapped.
"Now I realise suicide was the wrong decision", she says."I am confident about paying back
the rest of the loan".
Now

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /64 de maxwell, postée le 19-02-2020 à 15:33:13 (S | E)
READY TO BE CORRECTED
Hello Here4U
Proofreading my try, I've just found 3 basic mistakes worthy of a sixth-grader: you would have killed me literally! (worst than the preceding exercise...).
I hope I've found the major ones, at least!

Prema and her husband had worked in a brick kiln, winning just enough to scrape a living together for their young family. But they had hoped for more. Her husband took OUT a loan to start his own brick kiln, but the plans failed to take OFF. In a moment of desperation last year, he killed himself.
The pressure fell solely on Prema not only to earn enough to feed, clothe and house herself and her three children, but also to pay back the money they HAD BORROWED for the failed business venture. And for a while she managed, taking ALONG her two YOUNGER to GO TO work [(*)]."When I go to work I get 200 rupees ($2.80) per day, which is enough to run our family," But she became ill, which meant she couldn't earn as much. She HAD BEEN sick for three months - by the end of WHICH the bills had mounted, and the cupboards had run BARE. "My SEVEN-YEAR-OLD son started crying due to anger." Prema had no property, jewellery, valuables or kitchen UTENSILS that could be exchanged for cash. "I didn't even have a 10 rupee note [$0.14; £0.11] with me" Then she realised she did have SOMETHING she could sell after all. ///END of PART 1 /// "I remembered a shop which used to buy hair," Prema says, thinking immediately of her own hair. India is one of the world['S] top exporters of human hair, which is sold around the globe to make extensions. "I went there and sold my entire head of hair FOR 150 rupees ($2; £1.50) The respite was only temporary: Prema knew she was RUNNING out of options, and her thoughts began to turn towards more drastic measures. She decided to find a way of taking her own life. She was saved by her sister, who happened to come by IN time to stop her. And then, just A few days later, the help she HAD NEEDED so DESPERATELY appeared out of the blue.
Bala Murugan heard about Prema's situation. It immediately stroke a nerve: her struggle reminded him of his family's darkest HOURS: at the age of 10, his family ran out of food. In a state of utter despair, Bala's mother decided to kill herself and her children. She changed her mind at the last moment: the family rushed their mother to a doctor, and she was saved. ///END of PART 2 /// Bala now lives a life a world AWAY from the situation he grew up IN. After years of struggle, he worked his way out of poverty and now owns a computer graphics centre. He gave Prema some money to buy food, then wrote about the family on THE social media. "Within a day I got 120,000 rupees ($1,670)." At Prema's request, the fundraising was stopped. "She said she would get back to her work and pay the rest," Prema is slowly getting back on her feet, but, sadly, her financial situation is far from unique. In spite of India's economic growth, millions like her struggle to put food on the table. Prema has another obstacle in her way: she CAN NEITHER read nor write, like tens of millions of other Indians. As a result, she is unaware of THE government['S] schemes which provide help to people like her. But thanks to her community and to Bala, she is able to see a way out of the cycle of poverty which has kept her trapped. "Now I realise suicide was the wrong decision," she says. "I am confident about paying back the rest of the loan."/// END of the TEXT ///.

(*) j'ai changé sinon on aurait pu lire qu'elle s'en sortait en faisant travailler ses 2 plus jeunes enfants avec elle...

Réponse : Rack your brains and help! /64 de joe39, postée le 19-02-2020 à 19:36:23 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,
Please find hereunder my try,
Ready to be corrected

Please help my student who has left 20 mistakes.

Prema and her husband had worked in a brick kiln, EARNING -1 just enough to scrape a living together for their young family. But they had hoped for more. Her husband took OUT -2 a loan to start his own brick kiln, but the plans failed to take OFF -3. In a moment of desperation last year, he killed himself.

The pressure fell solely on Prema not only to earn enough to feed, clothe and house herself and her three children, but also to pay back the money they OWED -4 for the failed business venture. And for a while she managed, taking her two youngest to work with her. "When I go to work I get 200 rupees ($2.80) per day, which is enough to run our family," But she became ill, which meant she couldn't earn as much. She was sick for three months - by the end of WHICH – 5 the bills had mounted, and the cupboards had run EMPTY -6. "My SEVEN-YEAR-OLD- 7 son started crying due to HUNGER -8." Prema had no property, jewellery, valuables or kitchen UTENSILS -9 that could be exchanged for cash. "I didn't even have a 10 rupee note [$0.14; £0.11] with me" Then she realised she did have SOMETHING -10 she could sell after all. ///END of PART 1 ///
"I remembered a shop which used to buy hair," Prema says, thinking immediately of her own hair. India is one of the WORLD’S -11 top exporters of human hair, which is sold around the globe to make extensions. "I went there and sold my entire head of hair FOR -12 150 rupees ($2; £1.50) The respite was only temporary: Prema knew she was out of options, and her thoughts began to turn towards more drastic measures.
She decided to find a way of taking her own life. She was saved by her sister, who happened to come by on time to stop her. And then, just A -13 few days later, the help she so DESPERATELY – 14 needed appeared out of the blue.
Bala Murugan heard about Prema's situation. It immediately STRUCK - 15 a nerve: her struggle reminded him of his family's darkest hour: at the age of 10, his family ran out of food. In a state of utter despair, Bala's mother decided to kill herself and her children. She changed her mind at the last moment: the family rushed their mother to a doctor, and she was saved. ///END of PART 2 ///

Bala now lives a life a world AWAY-16 from the situation he grew up IN -17. After years of struggle, he HAS worked – 18 his way out of poverty and now owns a computer graphics centre. He gave Prema some money to buy food, then wrote about the family on social media. "Within a day I got 120,000 rupees ($1,670)." At Prema's request, the fundraising was stopped. "She said she would get back to her work and pay the rest. NOW – 19 " Prema is slowly getting back on her feet, but, sadly, her financial situation is far from unique. In spite of India's economic growth, millions like her struggle to put food on the table.

Prema has another obstacle in her way: she cannot read OR-20 write, like tens of millions of other Indians. As a result, she is unaware of government schemes which provide help to people like her. But thanks to her community and to Bala, she is able to see a way out of the cycle of poverty which has kept her trapped. "Now I realize suicide was the wrong decision," she says. "I am confident about paying back the rest of the loan."/// END of the TEXT ///.

Thank goodness the story has ended positively, and I thank you for this exercise.

Have a pleasant evening.
So long,
Joe 39

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

Partager : Facebook / Twitter / ... 

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Aide/Contact

> COURS ET TESTS : -ing | AS / LIKE | Abréviations | Accord/Désaccord | Activités | Adjectifs | Adverbes | Alphabet | Animaux | Argent | Argot | Articles | Audio | Auxiliaires | Be | Betty | Chanson | Communication | Comparatifs/Superlatifs | Composés | Conditionnel | Confusions | Conjonctions | Connecteurs | Contes | Contractions | Contraires | Corps | Couleurs | Courrier | Cours | Dates | Dialogues | Dictées | Décrire | Ecole | En attente | Exclamations | Faire faire | Famille | Faux amis | Films | For ou since? | Formation | Futur | Fêtes | Genre | Get | Goûts | Grammaire | Guide | Géographie | Habitudes | Harry Potter | Have | Heure | Homonymes | Impersonnel | Infinitif | Internet | Inversion | Jeux | Journaux | Lettre manquante | Littérature | Magasin | Maison | Majuscules | Make/do? | Maladies | Mars | Matilda | Modaux | Mots | Mouvement | Musique | Mélanges | Méthodologie | Métiers | Météo | Nature | Neige | Nombres | Noms | Nourriture | Négation | Opinion | Ordres | Participes | Particules | Passif | Passé | Pays | Pluriel | Plus-que-parfait | Politesse | Ponctuation | Possession | Poèmes | Present perfect | Pronoms | Prononciation | Proverbes et structures idiomatiques | Prépositions | Présent | Présenter | Quantité | Question | Question Tags | Relatives | Royaume-Uni | Say, tell ou speak? | Sports | Style direct | Subjonctif | Subordonnées | Suggérer quelque chose | Synonymes | Temps | Tests de niveau | There is/There are | Thierry | This/That? | Tous les tests | Tout | Traductions | Travail | Téléphone | USA | Verbes irréguliers | Vidéo | Villes | Voitures | Voyages | Vêtements

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'allemand | Cours de français | Cours de néerlandais | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Learn French | Learn English | Créez des exercices

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée / Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès.