Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Playing with Words/15

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Playing with Words/15
Message de here4u posté le 15-01-2021 à 22:15:14 (S | E | F)
Hello dear Friends!

Voici le nouveau "Playing and working with words"...
Je vous rappelle que cet exercice a des règles qui doivent être respectées. Lisez-les bien si vous ne les connaissez pas ! Ce travail est loin d'être un jeu ...

Using THE 8 WORDS given below (the 2 verbs can be put in whatever tenses or forms you fancy but MUST remain verbs!), 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, + a given structure and the suitable punctuation, search your minds, think hard and create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE.

- You CANNOT change the nature of the words!
- You CANNOT use two or more compulsory words consecutively!
PLEASE, WHEN YOU WRITE YOUR SENTENCE, PUT CAPITALS TO THE GIVEN WORDS!

- to LEARN - to DREAM - a DECISION - a PATTERN - ARROGANT - CARELESS - SO THAT - SOMETIMES - + UNE INTERROGATIVE INDIRECTE;

Je vous rappelle qu'« une phrase », une seule, se termine par un point [final, d'exclamation ou d'interrogation], peut avoir de la ponctuation interne ",/; /:/ [...], et qu'elle doit avant tout avoir un sens.
Le but ultime est de faire une seule phrase complexe, mais courte (moins de 60 mots ...) Je le répète : elle doit avoir un sens et sa logique interne !
Cet exercice est TRES difficile, , c'est pourquoi il demande beaucoup de réflexion et d'attention, de rigueur aussi dans l'application des règles. Vous ne pouvez le poster QU'UNE FOIS (ne faire qu'un seul exemplaire).
La date limite pour cet exercice est fin janvier 2021. (Ne pas dépasser 60 mots … Merci. ) Voyons qui fera la plus belle phrase courte ... THE FORCE is with you!

Réponse : Playing with Words/15 de maxwell, postée le 16-01-2021 à 08:24:04 (S | E)
Hello Here4U
I couldn't resist playing
As you can notice, I've corrected my huge mistake in Our Story 95
ARROGANT people take CARELESS snap DECISIONS but SOMETIMES they DREAM up subterfuges: Let's ASK THEM WHAT OUR ATTITUDE SHOULD BE now SO THAT we LEARN from their behaviour PATTERN. (30W)

Réponse : Playing with Words/15 de maro, postée le 18-01-2021 à 16:31:57 (S | E)
Hello,
I am certainly dreaming, but I ask to my self if it is possible to find a pattern ours arrogant rulers could follow and so learn to make decisions so that the world could be less careless sometimes.

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 19-01-2021 16:32
Gris

Réponse : Playing with Words/15 de joe39, postée le 20-01-2021 à 20:50:06 (S | E)
This time I took the opportunity given by the words to present an excerpt of mine based on the History of England, which you will find hereunder , ready to be corrected.

to LEARN - to DREAM - a DECISION - a PATTERN - ARROGANT - CARELESS - SO THAT - SOMETIMES - + UNE INTERROGATIVE INDIRECTE;

Harold, SOMETIME temporizer, after LEARNING the news made the DECISION to attack the CARELESS* Hardrada (who DREAMED of becoming King of England) at Stamford Bridge, whose invasion THE LESS DANGEROUS WAS, managing to annihilate the Norwegians, while Hardrada and ARROGANT Tostig were killed, SO THAT, after carrying out an outstanding PATTERN of forced march**,he could timely deploy his army against William.*** 60

*On Sept.20, Hardrada destroyed a Saxon army at Fulford. Therefore he didn’t think he could be attacked so soon (on Sept.25) and encamped at Stamford Bridge without taking any safety measure.
** Harold’s army covered the distance of 200 miles from Stamford Bridge and Senlac Hill (near Hastings) in 7 days.
***William Duke of Normandy, landed at Pevensey on Sept. 28 and attacked Harold on Oct. 13).

Reference: AD 1066 – England was object of two invasions. The first one was led by the Norwegian King Hardrada, supported by Tostig, the rebel brother of Harold II Godwinson, King of England, on September 20 in Northumberland and the second one by William, Duke of Normandy whose army landed at Pevensey in Sussex on Sept. 28. This excerpt is focused only on the events related to the Norwegian invasion.

Thanking you for the nice exercise, I wish you a pleasant night. Take care and stay safe.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Playing with Words/15 de taiji43, postée le 21-01-2021 à 15:50:00 (S | E)
- to LEARN - to DREAM - a DECISION - a PATTERN - ARROGANT - CARELESS - SO THAT - SOMETIMES - + UNE INTERROGATIVE INDIRECTE;

Hello Here4U have a nice day and thanks for your correction
READY TO BE CORRECTED

SOMETIMES hi CARELESS son was so ARROGANT ;that she came to a DECISION:sending him to boarding school; SO THAT he could LEARN a PATTERN of living and another BEHAVIOUR, but she
wondered if she was DREAMING ?.39

Réponse : Playing with Words/15 de chocolatcitron, postée le 26-01-2021 à 18:08:01 (S | E)
Playing and Working with Words/15 fin janvier 2021
Message de here4u posté le 15-01-2021 à 22:15:14 (S | E | F)
Hello my dear Here4u, thanks : such a nice draw, this time!
Hi everybody!

Here is my sentence:
Voici le nouveau "Playing and working with words"...

Using THE 8 WORDS given below: 2 verbs, 2 adjectives or adverbs, 2 nouns and 2 link words, + a given structure, create AN ONLY meaningful SENTENCE.

- to LEARN - to DREAM - a DECISION - a PATTERN - ARROGANT - CARELESS - SO THAT - SOMETIMES - + UNE INTERROGATIVE INDIRECTE.

(60 mots maximum). THE FORCE is with you, Here4u💪☀️❤️!

I WONDER WHY our ARROGANT president SOMETIMES enters the fray… : SO THAT to LEARN life the hard way and change his CARELESS thought PATTERN: we DREAM about respectful DECISIONS ! 29 words.
Je me demande pourquoi notre président arrogant, monte parfois au créneau… : pour apprendre la vie à ses dépens et changer ses modes de pensées sans égards : nous rêvons de décisions respectueuses !

See you soon.

un président d'une Société Lambda, d'un club sportif ou autre, d'une association quelconque...

Réponse : Playing with Words/15 de here4u, postée le 30-01-2021 à 20:25:26 (S | E)
Hello, dear Friends!

Voici vos phrases. J'ai dû en modifier certaines, très légèrement, afin de respecter les règles de l'exercice.

- ARROGANT people take CARELESS snap DECISIONS but SOMETIMES they DREAM up subterfuges: let's ASK THEM WHAT OUR ATTITUDE SHOULD BE now SO THAT we LEARN from their behavioural PATTERNS. (30)

- I am certainly DREAMING, but I ask myself if it is possible to find a PATTERN our ARROGANT rulers could follow thus learning to make DECISIONS, so that the world could be less CARELESS if only SOMETIMES.
ATTENTION ! Deux mots imposés ne peuvent pas être consécutifs ! J’ai procédé aux changements nécessaires.)

- SOMETIMES temporizing, after LEARNING the news, Harold made the DECISION to attack CARELESS* Hardrada (who DREAMED of becoming King of England) at Stamford Bridge, managing to annihilate the Norwegians, while Hardrada and ARROGANT Tostig were killed, SO THAT after carrying out an outstanding PATTERN of A forced march**, he could timely deploy his army against William.*** (56)

* On Sept.20, Hardrada destroyed a Saxon army at Fulford. Therefore he didn’t think he could be attacked so soon (on Sept.25) and encamped at Stamford Bridge without taking any safety measure.
** Harold’s army covered the distance of 200 miles from Stamford Bridge and Senlac Hill (near Hastings) in 7 days.
*** William Duke of Normandy, landed at Pevensey on Sept. 28 and attacked Harold on Oct. 13

- SOMETIMES her CARELESS son was so ARROGANT that she came to a DECISION: sending him to boarding school SO THAT he could LEARN a PATTERN of living and another BEHAVIOUR, but she wondered if she was DREAMING. (39)

- I WONDER WHY our ARROGANT politicians SOMETIMES enter the fray, SO THAT they LEARN life the hard way and change their CARELESS thought PATTERNS: we DREAM about respectful DECISIONS ! (29)

Je me demande pourquoi nos politiciens arrogants montent parfois au créneau afin d’apprendre la vie à leurs dépens et changer leurs modes de pensées irréfléchis : nous rêvons de décisions respectueuses !

Bravo à vous tous.

Réponse : Playing with Words/15 de sousou83, postée le 15-02-2021 à 10:39:06 (S | E)
Hello,
Last year, I had an interview for the job of my life , but this time it didn't goes well, the stress took part of me and I've SOMETIMES lost words to express myself, because of my english level, and  the interviewer didn't help, he was ARROGANT and CARELESS, he hasn't even considered my stress, so i didn't get the job, but this failur hasn't discourage me contrary I had made a DECISION TO LEARN the language, SO THAT I'll pass the interview a seconde time next year, my PATTERN was all made, I DREAMED about this job and I will get it. 

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-02-2021 13:04
'Hello' ajouté

Réponse : Playing with Words/15 de here4u, postée le 15-02-2021 à 12:41:54 (S | E)
Hello sousou!

The work on this exercise has theoretically been closed since the end of January... Now, you should work on Playing with words 16.

Though you're breaking a lot of rules, (no more than 60 words. Il manque des mots imposés et la stucture interrogative indirecte. Des mots imposés sont consécutifs ... ), dans ma "grande gentillesse" (ou faiblesse !) je corrige tout de même de façon exceptionnelle.

Last year, I had an interview for the job of my life , but this time it didn't goes well(,)wrong ponctuation.) the stress took part of me and I've SOMETIMES lost words to express myself, because of my english level, (=another sentence!)and the interviewer didn't help, he was ARROGANT and CARELESS, he hasn't even considered my stress, so // = 60 words! i (always written with a capital letter!) didn't get the job, but (another sentence!)this failurE hasn't discourageD me contrary I had made a DECISION TO LEARN the language, SO THAT I'll pass the interview a seconde time next year, my PATTERN ??(not the right meaning!)was all made, I DREAMED about this job and I will get it.

Attention aux raisonnements par juxtaposition et coordination (and, but...). Ne pas mettre de ponctuation ne signifie pas que la phrase est unique. La grande difficulté de cet exercice est de faire une synthèse réfléchie et calculée pour intégrer tous les mots et la structure demandés.
Courage pour aborder le suivant en respectant les règles, cette fois !

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux