Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Let's Suggest/24

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Let's Suggest/24
Message de here4u posté le 11-10-2022 à 22:52:49 (S | E | F)
Hello, dear workers!

Here is the new topic we'd like to read about...
You remember I had asked you to suggest topics... You did! Wonderfully! and I thank you for it.
Here, today, is another one of the subjects you've suggested... I hope you'll feel like writing about it. Do not refrain from doing so for fear you might make mistakes... We LOVE mistakes, because they give us an opportunity to explain and correct!

and... You may still suggest ideas for future topics...

Here is today's topic:

"What is/ are your favourite quotation(s), aphorism(s), or proverb(s)? (between 130 and 150 words) (+ or - 10%! Expressions over 170 words will be refused!)

Voici le rappel des modalités de la première partie de l'exercice :
1. Je vous demande une EXPRESSION sur le sujet proposé à m’envoyer en mp dès que possible …
2. Le plus tôt possible, cette première expression sera publiée sur le Forum, et CHACUN sera libre de « corriger » UNE FOIS ( en collant le texte et indiquant les erreurs EN BLEU, et en soulignant ce qui vous semble maladroit et que vous voudriez changer, sans donner la « correction » (forme correcte), à ce moment là, comme il se doit.) Un seul devoir à la fois sera publié pour corriger …

Les modalités complètes sont accessibles sur le lien suivant : Lien internet

( Je vous les rappellerai au fur et à mesure de la progression du travail )
Cet exercice sera ... ce que vous en ferez : ou ou I trust You!
Correction en ligne le mardi 25 octobre 2022.

J'attends vos envois en mp et publierai le premier dès que possible.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU and with US!

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de here4u, postée le 12-10-2022 à 22:23:15 (S | E)
Hello dears!

That was quick! Here is our first EXPRESSION!, your first mission... Can you help, please?

EXPRESSION N°1: please, indicate the possible mistakes in blue and underline what's clumsy...

Choosing only a couple of aphorisms from hundreds of them is very difficult for me but I'll try...
The first one is: "If you worry, you suffer twice". It's my favourite one because I wish it could be my philosophy... I can't help worrying when things go wrong or could go wrong... I even anticipate sad events that will happen...
The second one is: "Don't be afraid of going slowly, just be afraid of standing still." I've realised there are too many factors that may lead us to procrastination, disillusionment and the loss of motivation. We have to keep our goals in mind and should never be discouraged by slow progress.
The third one is: "There is no favourable wind for the sailor who doesn't know where to go". Indeed, if we aim at nothing, we will hit it 100 percent of the time! 151 W

for your help!

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de here4u, postée le 15-10-2022 à 19:42:07 (S | E)
Hello!

No blue? No green? (which has been allowed for some time...) Are you on strike or does that mean that the EXPRESSION is perfect? [In that case, why not say it? ]

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de amalia80, postée le 16-10-2022 à 07:30:02 (S | E)
Hello,

EXPRESSION N°1: please, indicate the possible mistakes in blue and underline what's clumsy...

Choosing only a couple of aphorisms from hundreds of them is very difficult for me but I'll try...
The first one is: "If you worry, you suffer twice". It's my favourite one because I wish it could be my philosophy... I can't help worrying when things go wrong or could go wrong... I even anticipate sad events that will happen...
The second one is: "Don't be afraid of going slowly, just be afraid of standing still." I've realised there are too many factors that may lead us to procrastination, disillusionment and the loss of motivation. We have to keep our goals in mind and should never be discouraged by slow progress.
The third one is: "There is no favourable wind for the sailor who doesn't know where to go". Indeed, if we aim at nothing, we will hit it 100 percent of the time! 151 W
Nothing to say about; it's perfect!

Here is EXPRESSION N°2: we DO need your help! Please indicate the possible mistakes in blue and underline what is clumsy... for your help!

I lived with my grandmother until I started secondary school. Every morning, she came into my room, opened the shutters and said: " Get up! The early bird catches the worm!"
I know now, that this proverb dates back to a time when electricity was not very widespread; and that it was better to get up early to take advantage of the sunlight to work; but in the mind of a seven or eight year old girl there were only pictures of little birds and earthworms!
Later, I realised that Grandma wanted me to understand that in order to achieve our ambitions, it is better to get straight to work than to procrastinate. I kept this habit of getting early, quickly feeling that I worked faster and better after a good night's sleep.
And now, as a Grandma, I encourage my grandchildren with this nice figurative proverb. 145 words

Thanks for your help!

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de maxwell, postée le 15-10-2022 à 20:17:18 (S | E)
Hello!

EXPRESSION 2:

I lived with my grandmother until I started secondary school. Every morning, she came into my room, opened the shutters and said: " Get up! The early bird catches the worm!"
I know now, that this proverb dates back to a time when electricity was not very widespread; and that it was better to get up early to take advantage of the sunlight to work; but in the mind of a seven or eight year old girl there were only pictures of little birds and earthworms!
Later, I realised that Grandma wanted me to understand that in order to achieve our ambitions, it is better to get straight to work than to procrastinate. I kept this habit of getting early, quickly feeling that I worked faster and better after a good night's sleep.
And now, as a Grandma, I encourage my grandchildren with this nice figurative proverb. 145 words

C'est parfait !

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de amalia80, postée le 16-10-2022 à 07:30:02 (S | E)
Hello,

Nothing to say about; it's perfect!

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-10-2022 10:05
gris

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de here4u, postée le 17-10-2022 à 12:10:30 (S | E)
Hello!

Green allowed for EXPRESSION N°2.

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de maxwell, postée le 17-10-2022 à 20:07:40 (S | E)
Hello!

EXPRESSION 2: suggestions

Now I know (1) that this proverb dates back to a time when electricity was not very widespread; and that it was better to get up early to take advantage of the sunlight to work; but in the mind of a seven or eight year old girl there were only pictures of little birds and earthworms!

(1) je pinaille mais la virgule avant that ne convenait pas

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de here4u, postée le 19-10-2022 à 09:14:18 (S | E)
Hello dears!

Ici, on ne "pinaille" pas, on est juste rigoureux ...

EXPRESSION N°3: Please, help us... indicating possible mistakes in blue and underlining what looks clumsy...

"Joy is in everything that surrounds you. You only need to know how to extract it " (Confucius)
What is Joy? It's a fleeting and yet eternal pleasure that passes and never perishes. In the saddest days, to know that joy can return tomorrow, it is already happiness.
Joy is like a diamond that it is necessary to extract and polish. It's accessible to all people:" It is free" and on the other hand, it is the most precious of goods.
Where is the joy? Don't go to fetch it on the other side of the mountain or in the neighbour's field. Joy is here, under your eyes.
Just watching the sun rises, a butterfly picking a flower. Even admiring a wrought iron balcony, or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.
Joy is not a social class, it is a state of mind. 158 mots

for your help!

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de amalia80, postée le 19-10-2022 à 10:23:01 (S | E)
Hello!
EXPRESSION N°3: Please, help us... indicating possible mistakes in blue and underlining what looks clumsy...

"Joy is in everything that surrounds you. You only need to know how to extract it " (Confucius)
What is Joy? It's a fleeting and yet eternal pleasure that passes and never perishes. In the saddest days, to know that joy can return tomorrow, it is already happiness.
Joy is like a diamond that it is necessary to extract and polish. It's accessible to all people:" It is free" and on the other hand, it is the most precious of goods.
Where is the joy? Don't go to fetch it on the other side of the mountain or in the neighbour's field. Joy is here, under your eyes.
Just watching the sun rises, a butterfly picking a flower.. Even admiring a wrought iron balcony, or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de maxwell, postée le 19-10-2022 à 20:23:00 (S | E)
Hello!

Just watching the sun rises, a butterfly picking a flower.(ponctuation) Even admiring a wrought iron balcony, or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de maxwell, postée le 21-10-2022 à 20:30:33 (S | E)
Hello!

EXPRESSION N°3: suggestions

What is Joy? It's a fleeting and yet eternal pleasure that passes and never perishes. In the saddest days, knowing (1) that joy can return tomorrow is already happiness.
Joy is like a diamond that needs to be extracted and polished. It's accessible to everybody: "It is free" and yet it is the most precious thing.
Where is joy (2)? Don't fetch (3) it on the other side of the mountain or in the neighbour's field. Joy is here, before your eyes.
Just watching the sunrise, a butterfly picking a flower, even admiring a wrought iron balcony or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.
Joy is not a class privilege, it is a state of mind. 158 mots

(1) c'est le fait de savoir, donc le gérondif s'impose
(2) pas d'article devant les noms abstraits (sauf quand on ajoute des précisions spécifiques : exemple : where is the joy you promised me?
(3) fetch a déjà le sens d'aller chercher (go est redondant)

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de amalia80, postée le 22-10-2022 à 06:41:40 (S | E)
HELLO !
Expression number 3

suggestions
"Joy is in everything around you. You only need to know how to extract it " (Confucius)
Where is joy ? Don't go to fetch it on the other side of the mountain or in the neighbour's field. Joy is here, under your eyes.
Just watching the sun rises, a butterfly picking a flower , even admiring a wrought iron balcony, or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.
Joy is not a social privilege , it is a state of mind. 158 mots

Modifié par lucile83 le 22-10-2022 08:41
bleu

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de here4u, postée le 23-10-2022 à 16:15:28 (S | E)
Hello dear friends!

Merci pour votre travail et vos corrections !
Comme il restait encore un peu de temps, j'ai eu envie de vous donner un texte en plus ... Malheureusement, je n'ai plus de texte en attente ...

Alors, je me suis mise à écrire pour vous parler de ma maxime favorite, non pas comme un modèle, ... parce que j'ai, ensuite, "revu" mon petit texte pour vous donner un peu de travail de correction ...
Je n'ose même pas compter combien il y a d'erreurs ou de maladresses ... A vous de me le dire ...

EXPRESSION N° 4: PLEASE, would you indicate the mistakes and underline what is clumsy! I'm expecting your HELP! I need it!
Bleu jusque demain soir, et vert ensuite pour la correction comme prévu le 25 au soir !

«Where there’s a will, there’s a way…» is the sentence I’m repeating for years everytime students told me that he wanted to succeed, he «really wanted to succeed and speak well English, but wasn’t allowed to reach his goal». I explained the whole groups of these young adults that to have «will» or «willpower» was not only to want something, like a nice object… To want something is do everything in our power to get it, same how long and difficult is it: it’s work and study long minutes, hours perhaps, doing efforts, unless you’ll prefer doing something other or have fun with friends… It’s learn the perseverance and keep the faith… and courage! Slowly, when I proclaimed a little theatrically: «Where there’s a will…??» the students got used to answer the end of the sentence, in chorus, knowing that I’ll help them persevering and improving and that with might, we’ll succeed together… 164 words.

for your help!

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de amalia80, postée le 23-10-2022 à 17:04:13 (S | E)
HELLO !
EXPRESSION N° 4: PLEASE, would you indicate the mistakes and underline what is clumsy! I'm expecting your HELP! I need it!
Bleu jusque demain soir, et vert ensuite pour la correction comme prévu le 25 au soir !

«Where there’s a will, there’s a way…» is the sentence I 'm repeating for years everytime s students told me that he wanted to succeed, he «really wanted to succeed and speak well English, but wasn't allowed to reach his goal». I explained the whole groups of these young adults that to have «will» or «willpower» was not only to want something, like a nice object… To want something is do everything in our power to get it, same how long and difficult is it: it's work and study X long minutes, hours perhaps, doing efforts, unless you’ll prefer doing something other or have fun with friends… It’s learning the perseverance and keep the faith… and courage! Slowly, when I proclaimed a little theatrically: «Where there’s a will…??» the students got used to answer the end of the sentence, in chorus, knowing that I’ll help them persevering and improving and that with might , we’ll succeed together… 164 words.
j'espère que je n'ai pas ajouté des fautes!

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de maxwell, postée le 23-10-2022 à 20:11:46 (S | E)
Hello!
EXPRESSION N° 4: PLEASE, would you indicate the mistakes and underline what is clumsy!

«Where there’s a will, there’s a way…» is the sentence I’m repeating for years everytime students told me that he wanted to succeed, he «really wanted to succeed and speak well English, but wasn’t allowed to reach his goal». I explained the whole groups of these young adults that to have «will» or «willpower» was not only to want something, like a nice object… To want something is do everything in our power to get it, same how long and difficult is it: it’s work and study long minutes, hours perhaps, doing efforts, unless you’ll prefer doing something other or have fun with friends… It’s learn the perseverance and keep the faith… and courage! Slowly, when I proclaimed a little theatrically: «Where there’s a will…??» the students got used to answer the end of the sentence, in chorus, knowing that I’ll help them persevering and improving and that with might, we’ll succeed together… 164 words.

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de maxwell, postée le 25-10-2022 à 19:50:39 (S | E)
Hello!
EXPRESSION N° 4: suggestions:

«When there’s a will, there’s a way…» is the sentence I’d been repeating for years every time students told me that they wanted to succeed: they «really wanted to succeed and speak English well, but weren’t able to reach this goal». I explained to the whole group of those young adults that to have(1) «will» or «willpower» was not only to want(1) something, like a nice object… To want (1) something is doing everything in our power to get it, however long and difficult it is: it’s working and studying for long minutes, perhaps hours, making efforts, instead of preferring doing something else or having fun with friends… It’s learning perseverance and keeping faith… and courage!
Soon, when I proclaimed a little theatrically: «When there’s a will…??» the(2) students got used to answering the end of the sentence, in chorus, knowing that I’d help them persevere and improve their English and that with might, we’d succeed together… 164 words.

(1) J'ai failli corriger et mettre un gérondif, mais cette fois, "je ne le sens pas"... Quelque chose me dit qu'il vaut mieux laisser tel quel. notamment avec to want : j'imagine mal un gérondif...

(2) j'ai failli enlevé "the" mais je me suis ravisé, car ce sont bien les étudiants dont on a parlé plus haut

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de here4u, postée le 25-10-2022 à 23:41:29 (S | E)
Hello dear workers!

Voici vos corrections! Bravo et Merci d'avoir si bien travaillé ...

EXPRESSION N°1:

The first one is: "If you worry, you suffer twice". It's my favourite one because I wish it could be my philosophy... I can't help worrying when things go wrong or could go wrong... I even anticipate sad events that will happen...(Most people do that, don’t they? That’s no pathology!)
The second one is: "Don't be afraid of going slowly, just be afraid of standing still." I've realised there are too many factors that may lead us to procrastination, disillusionment and the loss of motivation. B We have to keep our goals in mind B and should never be discouraged by slow progress. Bien ! Mieux expliqué !
The third one is: "There is no favourable wind for the sailor who doesn't know where to go". Indeed, if we aim at nothing, we will hit it 100 percent of the time! 151 W (La fin est subtile … si tu n’expliques pas du tout, tu perds une moitié de lecteurs d’un coup !)

EXPRESSION N°1 : indications 1

Nothing to say (about); it's perfect! [Il faut : soit laisser le verbe seul, soit ajouter un complément derrière la préposition « about » (about it, about the expression … )!]

For the fun of it (or the curiosity of it…) j’ai cherché :

Lien internet
(pour moi, il y avait une vraie différence … pas évident …)
Lien internet

Pas de fautes ! BRAVO. (mais sans trop de risques non plus !) [Ici est l’endroit ou vous pouvez et devez prendre des risques linguistiques … Ce n’est pas dangereux, vous avez une multitude de « filets de sécurité » !]
Moi qui suis un « simple esprit », (ou esprit simple…) j’aurais bien aimé que chaque aphorisme soit expliqué … Sans doute (très) déformée par toutes ces années d’enseignement, j’aurais expliqué : «If you worry, you suffer twice» … Facile ? crystal clear ? Non ! Je suis sûre que devant une classe de 35 jeunes adultes, il y aurait beaucoup de questions … En fait, en y regardant globalement, j’aurais préféré un seul aphorisme bien expliqué et démontré (ou nié, peu importe …) mais vraiment explicité. Très bon travail cependant !

EXPRESSION N°2:

I know now, that this proverb dates back to a time when electricity was not very widespread (Funny remark !); and that it was better to get up early to take advantage of the sunlight to work; but in the mind of a seven or eight year old girl there were only pictures of little birds and earthworms! Good !
Later, I realised that Grandma wanted me to understand that in order to achieve our ambitions, it is better to get straight to work than to procrastinate. I kept this habit of getting early, quickly feeling that I worked faster and better after a good night's sleep.B
And now, as a Grandma B, I encourage my grandchildren with this nice figurative proverb. 145 words Une bonne explication de la phrase choisie, et très bien personnalisée ! Bravo !

EXPRESSION 2: indications 1

Later, I realised that Grandma wanted me to understand that in order to achieve our ambitions, it is better to get straight to work than to procrastinate. I kept this habit of getting early, quickly feeling that I worked faster and better after a good night's sleep.B
And now, as a Grandma B, I encourage my grandchildren with this nice figurative proverb. 145 words

C'est parfait !

EXPRESSION 2: suggestions 1:

Now I know (1) that this proverb dates back to a time when electricity was not very widespread; and that it was better to get up early to take advantage of the sunlight to work; but in the mind of a seven or eight year old girl there were only pictures of little birds and earthworms!
And now, as a Grandma, I encourage my grandchildren with this nice figurative proverb. 145 words TB

(1) je pinaille mais la virgule avant that ne convenait pas
Ici, on ne "pinaille" pas, on est juste rigoureux ...
Moi qui ne pinaille pas, je dirai qu’ici je préfère «now» en début de phrase, parce que cela montre mieux la différence avec le moment passé ou l’auteur avait 7 ou 8 ans.
- An early bird : une personne qui se lève tôt. // a night owl : une personne qui se couche tard.

EXPRESSION N°3:

"Joy is in everything that surrounds you*. You only need to know how to extract it " (Confucius)
What is Joy? It's a fleeting and yet eternal pleasure that passes and never perishes. In the saddest days, to know that joy can return tomorrow, (it is already happiness.
Where is (the joy? Don't go (to fetch it on the other side of the mountain or in the neighbour's field. Joy is here, under your eyes.
Just watching the sun (rises, a butterfly picking a flower.(not a real sentence … you need « : » to introduce this phrase…or, introduce it with words…) (Even admiring a wrought iron balcony, or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.
Joy is not a social class, it is a state of mind. 158 mots TTB Bravo !

EXPRESSION N°3: indications 1:

What is Joy? It's a fleeting and yet eternal pleasure that passes and never perishes. In the saddest days, to know that joy can return tomorrow(, it is already happiness.
Just watching the sun rises, a butterfly picking a flower.. Even admiring a wrought iron balcony, or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.[ponctuation à revoir !]
L’essentiel est vu ! Bravo !

EXPRESSION N°3: suggestions 1:

What is Joy? It's a fleeting and yet eternal pleasure that passes and never perishes. In the saddest days, knowing (1) that joy can return tomorrow is already happiness.
Joy is like a diamond that needs to be extracted and polished. It's accessible to everybody: "It is free" and yet it is the most precious thing.
Where is joy (2)? Don't fetch (3) it on the other side of the mountain or in the neighbour's field. Joy is here, before your eyes.
Just watching the sunrise, a butterfly picking a flower, even admiring a wrought iron balcony or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.

(1) c'est "le fait de savoir", donc le gérondif s'impose
(2) pas d'article devant les noms abstraits (sauf quand on ajoute des précisions spécifiques : exemple : where is the joy you promised me?
(3) (fetch a déjà le sens d'aller chercher (go est redondant)
Ah non! Seulement partiellement vrai ... "go and fetch" GB// go fetch US existe bien et est très employé !
Lien internet

I’d better go and fetch my mother from the station.

Expression number 3: suggestions 2:

"Joy is in everything around you. You only need to know how to extract it " (Confucius)
Where is joy? Don't go to fetch it on the other side of the mountain or in the neighbour's field. Joy is here, under your eyes.
Just watching the sun rises, a butterfly picking a flower , even admiring a wrought iron balcony, or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.
Joy is not a social privilege , it is a state of mind. 158 mots

- Lien internet

* J’ai pensé qu’amalia corrigeait le traducteur de Confucius … mais en fait, la citation exacte n’est pas celle citée dans le texte : “Joy is in everything; you have to know how to extract it.”
Attention ! dès qu’il y a des guillemets, la citation doit être respectée à la lettre …
- Tous les gens : tt le monde : everybody/ everyone
- To watch the sun rising : pendant qu’il se lève, en train de se lever // to watch the sun rise : toute l’action de bout en bout.
- Sous les yeux : in front of your eyes/ before your eyes/ in your sight/

EXPRESSION N° 4:

EXPRESSION N° 4: indications 1

«Where there’s a will, there’s a way…» is the sentence I 'm repeating for years everytime s students told me that he wanted to succeed, he «really wanted to succeed and speak well English, but wasn't allowed to reach his goal». I explained the whole groups of these young adults that to have «will» or «willpower» was not only to want something, like a nice object… To want something is do everything in our power to get it, same how long and difficult is it: it's work and study X long minutes, hours perhaps, doing efforts, unless you’ll prefer doing something other or have fun with friends… It’s learning the perseverance and keep the faith… and courage! Slowly, when I proclaimed a little theatrically: «Where there’s a will…??» the students got used to answer the end of the sentence, in chorus, knowing that I’ll help them persevering and improving and that with might , we’ll succeed together… 164 words.
j'espère que je n'ai pas ajouté des fautes! Un bel effort, mais j'ai fait fort !

EXPRESSION N° 4: indications 2:

«Where there’s a will, there’s a way…» is the sentence I’m repeating for years everytime students told me that he wanted to succeed, he «really wanted to succeed and speak well English, but wasn’t allowed to reach his goal». I explained the whole groups of these young adults that to have «will» or «willpower» was not only to want something, like a nice object… To want something is do everything in our power to get it, same how long and difficult is it: it’s work and study long minutes, hours perhaps, doing efforts, unless you’ll prefer doing something other or have fun with friends… It’s learn the perseverance and keep the faith… and courage! Slowly, when I proclaimed a little theatrically: «Where there’s a will…??» the students got used to answer the end of the sentence, in chorus, knowing that I’ll help them persevering and improving and that with might, we’ll succeed together… 164 words. Good!

EXPRESSION N° 4: suggestions:

«When* there’s a will, there’s a way…» is the sentence I’d been repeating for years every time students told me that they wanted to succeed: they «really wanted to succeed and speak English well, but weren’t able to reach this goal». I explained to the whole group of those young adults (ce n'est pas ce que je voulais dire ! - groups" était au pluriel !) that to have(1) «will» or «willpower» was not only to want(1) something, like a nice object… To want (1) something is doing everything in our power to get it, however/ no matter how/ long and difficult it is: it’s working and studying for long minutes, perhaps hours, making efforts, instead of preferring doing something else or having fun with friends… It’s learning perseverance and keeping faith… and courage!
Soon, when I proclaimed a little theatrically: «When there’s a will…??» the(2) students got used to answering the end of the sentence, in chorus, knowing that I’d help them persevere and improve their English and that with might, we’d succeed together… 164 words. De très bonnes corrections !

(1) J'ai failli corriger et mettre un gérondif, mais cette fois, "je ne le sens pas"...(Moi, je le sens bien ! Dans mon esprit, c'est bien "le fait de "! ) Quelque chose me dit qu'il vaut mieux laisser tel quel. notamment avec to want : j'imagine mal un gérondif...
(2) j'ai failli enlever "the" mais je me suis ravisé, car ce sont bien les étudiants dont on a parlé plus haut OUi! Là, d'accord !

* les deux formes existent ! where there's a will/ when there's a will...
- speak English well/ speak good English/

Bravo à nos correcteurs ! Il est vrai qu'il n'y avait pas beaucoup de fautes .... (sauf dans l'EXPRESSION N°4! )
Vous pouvez, bien sûr reprendre ce que vous voulez "parfaire" ou éclaircir dans un Follow up Work de votre choix ! Encore et .

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de maxwell, postée le 26-10-2022 à 08:28:17 (S | E)
READY 4U
Hello!

EXPRESSION N°3: suggestions 1:

"Joy is in everything around you (1). You only need to know how to extract it " (Confucius)
What is Joy? It's a fleeting and yet eternal pleasure that passes and never perishes. In the saddest days, knowing that joy can return tomorrow is already happiness.
Where is joy? Don't fetch it on the other side of the mountain or in the neighbour's field. Joy is here, before your eyes.
Just watching the sunrise, a butterfly pick a flower, even admiring a wrought iron balcony or a sculpted bronze door handle may give some small joys.

(1) Je n'ai pas tellement compris ce qui n'allait pas dans "that surrounds you"

EXPRESSION N° 4: final suggestions:

«When* there’s a will, there’s a way…» is the sentence I’d been repeating for years every time students told me that they wanted to succeed: they «really wanted to succeed and speak English well, but weren’t able to reach this goal». I explained to all these groups of young adults that having «will» or «willpower» was not only wanting (1) something, like a nice object… Wanting something is doing everything in our power to get it, however/ no matter how/ long and difficult it is: it’s working and studying for long minutes, perhaps hours, making efforts, until you prefer doing (2) something else or having fun with friends… It’s learning perseverance and keeping faith… and courage!
Eventually, when I proclaimed a little theatrically: «When there’s a will…??» the students got used to answering the end of the sentence all together (3), knowing that I’d help them persevere and improve their English and that with might, we’d succeed together… 164 words.

(1) Du coup, j'ose "wanting" (je n'ai pas souvenir de l'avoir déjà vu...)
(2) je n'ai pas du tout compris ce qui n'allait pas avec "instead of preferring doing..."
(3) je n'ai pas compris ce qui n'allait pas avec "in chorus"

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de here4u, postée le 28-10-2022 à 14:35:03 (S | E)
Hello dears,

EXPRESSION N°3: suggestions 1
TB corrections !

(1) A la lecture, j'ai été gênée ... "joy is in everything that surrounds you..." didn't look or sound natural to me... Therefore I checked! As I indicated in the correction, I found:
"* J’ai pensé qu’amalia corrigeait le traducteur de Confucius … mais en fait, la citation exacte n’est pas celle citée dans le texte : “Joy is in everything; you have to know how to extract it.”"
C'est la traduction "officielle" et il ne faut pas la corriger, sauf si une étude approfondie du texte original le permet ... C'est de l'honnêteté intellectuelle ...

EXPRESSION N°4:

- but weren’t able to reach this goal: spontanément, j'avais mis "couldn't reach" qui est beaucoup plus naturel et moins lourd. On a bien la capacité physique ou intellectuelle d'atteindre un but : donc, comme le temps existe, pourquoi ne pas l'employer ?

-(1) Du coup, j'ose "wanting" (je n'ai pas souvenir de l'avoir déjà vu...) Alors cherche! j'ai cherché, en ayant peur d'avoir pendant tout ce temps fait une faute ... mais je l'ai trouvé ... partout ! Donc, pas d'hésitation à avoir !

- "making efforts, until you prefer doing (2) something else or having fun" : mouais ... ce n'est pas le mot de liaison espéré, ni vraiment celui qui convient le mieux au propos :
", no matter how long and difficult it is: it’s working and studying long minutes, hours perhaps, making efforts, though you’d prefer to do something else or have fun with friends..."

- "Eventually," isn't the word I had used: "Gradually," (and I prefer mine, because teaching is a long and gradual process... and that process is never finished!

- "all together (3)," is OK. "In chorus" is OK too... I had written "in a chorus", and I think it showed the unity of the process of learning together better...

Un grand merci pour ce très bon travail !

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de zhanatan, postée le 17-11-2022 à 13:55:00 (S | E)
This is all very interesting. I found a page on the Internet, but there's very little description of some mystery boxes. The idea is that in the box could be anything, like a phone or a home accessory. No one knows more about this in detail how it works ?

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-11-2022 20:43
Hors sujet et manque de formules de politesse.

Réponse : Let's Suggest/24 de here4u, postée le 17-11-2022 à 14:45:30 (S | E)
Hello!

What "mystery boxes" are you speaking about?

I think you've made a mistake and written on the wrong thread!

Hope you can find your answer...

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-11-2022 20:46
No need to answer ... ////.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux