Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter
Message de notrepere posté le 26-04-2011 à 06:46:09 (S | E | F)

Sherlock Holmes II-Suite
Correction: 11 mai 2011
Video link: cliquez ici

Il faut regarder la vidéo et fournir les mots manquants. Based on the "Sherlock Holmes" series by Arthur Conan Doyle. Robert Downey Jr plays Holmes and Jude Law plays Watson. Movie copyright 2009.

[...Parliament, isn't it?
Count: Very clever. But it's not murder, Mr Holmes, it's mercy. We are giving the weak masses a strong shepherd. Don't you see it's for their own…]

Holmes: No, but I _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____. I _____ wanted to _____ _____ _____ of Blackwood's _____ _____ and now _____ _____ _____ _____ _____.

Count: _____ _____ _____ _____!

Holmes: But your _____ _____ _____ _____ than _____ _____ _____ _____.

-The _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ from _____ _____ _____ _____.
-A touch of _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ from _____ _____ _____ _____.
-A small _____ _____ _____ _____ from _____ _____ _____ _____.
-A faint _____ _____ _____ from _____ _____ _____ _____.

You and Blackwood _____ _____ _____ _____ to your _____ in the _____ _____ _____ less than _____ _____ _____. Both _____ meet today -- the whole government could be present.

Count: It's a _____ you _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ Blackwood, Holmes. You would have made a _____ _____. How _____ is _____ when it _____ no _____ to the _____. We _____ _____ at noon!

Holmes: There isn't _____ _____ _____ _____ _____, is there?

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de lucile83, postée le 26-04-2011 à 10:13:14 (S | E)
Hello dear np,

It is very kind of you to give us the opportunity to find the missing words in that text.
I am glad there are a few words left and I'll listen to the dialogue as soon as I can.
Some friends/students of mine have told me they have improved in English thanks to your exercises,even if they don't send their texts on the forum.
See you tonight

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de violet91, postée le 26-04-2011 à 15:35:17 (S | E)

Hello dear np....thank you so much for this other piece of cake ! It is exciting and excellent practice for those who love English ; the adequate exercise for those who are getting accustomed to English (or American) speed. Some of them are not disheartened and improve a lot (and if just a few "'true' students ...is worth it! In class, one who would be thrilled , would already be worthwhile, in some cases.) Others I know appreciate filling as many blanks as they can , at home.

Thank you, anyway.

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de moonlit-sunset, postée le 30-04-2011 à 14:15:00 (S | E)
Thank you very much ! This is the kind of exercises we French people need to get accustomed to the English accent !

I have almost everything...still some words missing !

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de ariane6, postée le 01-05-2011 à 10:17:36 (S | E)

Hello np !
Après avoir bien ramé, j'ai décidé de me jeter à l'eau !

Holmes: No, but I don't care much what you think. I simply wanted to know the location of Blackwood's final ceremony and now you have given to me.
Count: I've told you nothing !

Holmes: But your clothes say infinitely more than you could ever hope.

-The mud smeared on your boots from where you have been walking.
-A touch of red brick on your knee from where you have been kneeling.
-A small bandage on your thumb from where you have been ? .
-A faint aroma of excrement from where you have been standing.
You and Blackwood laid the final touch to your ceremony in the _____ _____ Parliament less than an hour ago. Both Houses meet today -- the whole government could be present.

Count: It's a shame you made an enemy out of Blackwood, Holmes. You would have made a valuable ally. How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise. We take power at noon!

Holmes: There isn't any time to waste then, is there?

np pour cet exercice, il reste encore un ou deux trous... difficile mais très utile !

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de clairefr, postée le 02-05-2011 à 09:59:54 (S | E)
Hello Notre Pere,

Thank you very much for this new exercise ! It's really hard, I had to look several times in a dictionary.

I don't know how to hide my answers like Ariane did, could anyone tell me how to do it ?

Have a nice day.

Claire.

Holmes: No, but I don't care much what you think. I simply wanted to know the location of Blackwood's final ceremony and now you've given it to me.

Count: I've told you nothing!

-The mud smeared on your boots from where you've been walking.
-A touch of red brick dust on your knee from where you've been kneeling.
-A small bandage on your thumb from where you've been vowing .
-A faint aroma of excrement from where you've been standing.

You and Blackwood let the final touches to your ceremony in the cellar _______ Parliament less than an hour ago. Both Houses meet today -- the whole government could be present.

Count: It's a shame you made an enemy out of Blackwood, Holmes. You would have made a valuable ally. How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise. We take part at noon!

Holmes: There isn't any time to waist then, is there?

-------------------
Modifié par clairefr le 02-05-2011 17:51

-------------------
Modifié par clairefr le 02-05-2011 17:57

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de swan85, postée le 02-05-2011 à 12:54:19 (S | E)
Hello Notrepère
Here is my replies

Holmes: No, but I don't care about what you think. I simply wanted to know the locaation of Blackwood's final ceremony and now you've given it to me.

-A small bandage on your thumb from where you've been vowing.

You and Blackwood laid the final touchs to your ceremony in the sewers beneath Parliament less than one hour ago. Both houses meet today -- the whole government could be present.

Count: It's a shame you made an enemy of the Blackwood, Holmes. You would have made a valuable ally. How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise. We take power at noon!

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de violet91, postée le 02-05-2011 à 13:15:34 (S | E)

Hello , dear all . That's true : much better with hidden answers ( click on the question mark in a small grey square , down the very right column above your post when you have written down your words). No temptation at all, then and a more proper way to each one's improvement and choice .
I hope you don't mind me saying so ...( teacher's opinion!)

See you later .

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de dolfine56, postée le 02-05-2011 à 15:53:04 (S | E)
Hello dear NP,
Here is my try....it wasn't a piece of cake !It seems to me that English people speak more and more quickly.

Holmes: No, but I don't care much what you think. I _simply wanted to know the location of Blackwood's final ceremony and now you have given it to me. .

Count: I have told you nothing!

Holmes: But your clothes say infinitley more than you could ever hope.

-The mud smeared on your boots from where you have been walking.
-A touch of red brick dust on your knee from from where you have been kneeling.
-A small bandage on your thumb from where you have been vowing .
-A faint aroma of excrement from where you have been standing
You and Blackwood let the final touch to your ceremony in the _ _ parliament less than an hour ago. Both houses meet today -- the whole government could be present.

Count: It's a shame you made an ennemy out of Blackwood, Holmes. You would have made a valuable ally. How terrible is when it brings no profit to the wise. We take part at noon!

Holmes: There isn't any time to waste them, is there?

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de lucile83, postée le 07-05-2011 à 17:05:40 (S | E)
Hello dear np!
Here is what I have heard:

Holmes: No, but I don't care much what you think. I simply wanted to know the location of Blackwood's final ceremony and now you've given it to me.

You and Blackwood laid the final touches to your ceremony in the sewers beneath Parliament less than an hour ago. Both houses meet today -- the whole government could be present.

Count: It's a shame you made an enemy out of Blackwood, Holmes. You would have made a valuable ally. How terrible is wisdom when it brings no profit to the wise. We take power at noon!

Thank you np! I enjoyed it

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de may, postée le 08-05-2011 à 03:37:13 (S | E)
Hello notrepere,

Thank you...

[...Parliament, isn't it?
Count: Very clever. But it's not murder, Mr Holmes, it's mercy. We are giving the weak masses a strong shepherd. Don't you see it's for their own…]

Holmes: No, but I don't care much what you think. I simply wanted to know the location of Blackwood's final ceremony and now you give it to me.

Count: I told you nothing!

Holmes: But your clothes say more than you could ever hope.

-The mud near on your boots from where you've been walking.
-A touch of red brick dust on your knees from where you've been kneeling.
-A faint arome of excrement from where you've been standing.

You and Blackwood laid the final touches to your ceremony in the sewers beneath Parliament less than an hour ago. Both houses meet today -- the whole government could be present.

It's supposed to be "How terrible wisdom is..." ... I think!

Good night!

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de notrepere, postée le 11-05-2011 à 05:34:02 (S | E)
Hello all, thank you for trying my exercise. I hope you enjoyed it. Here is the correction:

You and Blackwood laid the final touches to your ceremony in the sewers beneath Parliament less than an hour ago. Both Houses meet today -- the whole government could be present.

Here are the problematic words and phrases:

to put the finishing touch(es) to/on something to lay the final/finishing touches on something
the last small details that make something complete
(Macmillan)

The organisers are currently putting the finishing touches to this autumn’s events.

Lien Internet

vow (verbe) [ vaʊ ]
to make a formal and serious promise to do something or a formal statement that is true
(Oxford)
Lien Internet

Lien Internet

the sewers beneath Parliament
These are sewers like any other sewers which run underground and are home to rats and very awful smells. I have no desire to visit the sewers beneath Parliament nor any other sewers for that matter.

Yes, May, technically it should be "how terrible wisdom is" or better yet "Wisdom is terrible when", but the word order is changed for effect. And I'm not sure "terrible" is the best adjective in this case. Perhaps it is a quote from the book.

You all did very well. Congratulations!

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de lucile83, postée le 12-05-2011 à 17:54:57 (S | E)

Thank you dear np! I did enjoy your exercise

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de may, postée le 13-05-2011 à 20:52:35 (S | E)

me too...

Happy Friday!

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de dolfine56, postée le 14-05-2011 à 11:05:56 (S | E)
Hi, dear NP,
Thanks a lot for this exercice and its correcting.
enjoy your week-end
see you soon.

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de clairefr, postée le 15-05-2011 à 18:02:53 (S | E)
Thank you very much NP for this exercise !

Réponse: Sherlock Holmes II-Ecouter de swan85, postée le 16-05-2011 à 20:54:26 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup Notrepere pour la suite de cette histoire et pour les corrections.

See you soon

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux