Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Kevin et Tom/Thème

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 1 / 2 - Voir la page Haut | 1 | 2 | Fin | En bas
Kevin et Tom/Thème
Message de lucile83 posté le 27-08-2012 à 11:08:07 (S | E | F)
Hello

Voici un thème pour réveiller un peu les neurones encore en vacances
C'est facile mais attention...vous me connaissez,non?
Bienvenue aux nouveaux et aux débutants, lancez-vous!
Niveau
Correction vers le 3 septembre sur le forum (et par mp si vous travaillez bien)

Comme vous savez,Kevin et Tom se connaissent depuis quelques mois. Ils ont 5 ans tous les deux. Kevin a eu 5 ans mercredi dernier et il a eu beaucoup de cadeaux. Il a dit à Tom qu'il était très content. Tom lui a aussi demandé où habitaient ses grands-parents. Ils étaient ravis de se revoir à nouveau et ont beaucoup parlé, comme d'habitude.
Ils espèrent qu'ils seront encore une fois dans la même classe. Ils savent qu'ils auront une nouvelle maîtresse mais cela ne les inquiète pas. Ils connaîtront son nom quand ils seront de retour à l'école.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lemagemasque, postée le 27-08-2012 à 11:28:08 (S | E)
Hello,

Oh la méchante fille qui crée un nouveau texte avec beaucoup de pièges sur les temps.
Voici ma traduction :

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. They are both 5. Kevin turned 5 last Wednesday and he got a lot of gifts. He told Tom he was very happy. Tom also asked him where his grandparents were living. They were delighted to meet again and talked a lot, as usual.
They hope they will be in the same class again. They know they will have a new teacher but that is not worrying. They will know her name when they are back at school.

Merci d'avance !
Bonne journée !

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2012 13:29
et la méchante fille dit qu'il y a au moins un gros piège qui a fonctionné

-------------------
Modifié par lemagemasque le 27-08-2012 13:38
Et maintenant, c'est mieux ?

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lucile83, postée le 27-08-2012 à 13:48:00 (S | E)
lemagemasque
Vous avez fait pire que mieux. J'avais vu une grosse faute et maintenant il y en a 6
Réfléchissez avant de corriger.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de komiks, postée le 27-08-2012 à 14:04:54 (S | E)
Hello lucile !
Merci de proposer cette traduction qui me fait réviser avant de retourner au collège !

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. They are both 5. Kevin turned 5 last Wednesday and he got a lot of presents. He told Tom he was very happy. Tom also asked him where his grandparents were living. They were delighted to see each other again and spoke a lot, as usual.
They hope they'll be once again in the same class. They know they will have a new teacher but they don't care / but it doesn't worry them. They'll know her name when they are back at school.

Thank you again,
J'espère qu'il n'y a pas trop de fautes de temps
Have a nice day
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2012 14:11
2 grosses fautes de temps

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lemagemasque, postée le 27-08-2012 à 14:32:59 (S | E)
Je n'avais pas eu le temps de finir ma correction !

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de engstud, postée le 27-08-2012 à 14:34:21 (S | E)
Hello,

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. They both are five. Kevin turned 5 last wednesday and he got a lot of presents. He had told Tom he was very happy. Tom also asked him where his grandparents lived. They were happy to see each other again, and they talked a lot as usual. They hope they will be in the same class once again. They knew they will have a new mistress but they are not worried about it. They will learn about her name on their return to school.
I hope it is not so bad. 

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2012 15:48

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de dolfine56, postée le 27-08-2012 à 15:32:49 (S | E)
Hello, here is my try.
Thanks a lot,dear Lucile.

As you know,Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months.Both of them are five years old.Kevin turned five last Wednesday and he received a lot of gifts.He told Tom he was very happy.Tom also asked him where his grandparents were living.They were greatly pleased to see each other again, and ,as usual, they talked a lot.
They hope they'll be in the same class once again.They know they'll get a new teacher but that doesn't worry them.They'll know her name when they are back at school.

On which side will I fall: or ??????

-------------------

Rather but not quite...

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lucile83, postée le 27-08-2012 à 15:47:19 (S | E)
Hello,

Un petit résumé,mais je note les grosses fautes, pas les petites (orthographe, vocabulaire inapproprié etc):
lemagemasque : il reste 1 faute
komiks : 1 faute
engstud : 3 fautes

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de marilor76, postée le 27-08-2012 à 17:09:00 (S | E)
Hello,
it is my first time!

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. They are both five years old. Last Wednesday, Kevin turned 5 and he got a lot of presents. He said to Tom he was very happy. Tom asked him where his grand-parents were living. As usual, they were happy to meet again and they spoke a lot. They hope they will be in the same class again. They know they will have a new teacher but they don't care. When they go back to school, they will know her name.

Thank you so much for this exercise !
Have a good day

Lucile83 for your mp. I think it's better like this! Isn't it ?

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2012 17:23
here.
I'll send you a message in a minute or two to help you.

-------------------
Modifié par marilor76 le 27-08-2012 21:26
-------------------
Modifié par marilor76 le 28-08-2012 22:47

-------------------
Modifié par marilor76 le 30-08-2012 22:22

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lemagemasque, postée le 27-08-2012 à 18:06:32 (S | E)
I think that's right now.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2012 18:17
mp envoyé pour fautes

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de komiks, postée le 27-08-2012 à 18:22:29 (S | E)
I think my text is better now.
Thanks again, lucile

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2012 18:33
mp envoyé pour fautes

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lemagemasque, postée le 27-08-2012 à 18:44:25 (S | E)
Merci pour votre message ^^

Je pense que c'est bon.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2012 18:56
Il reste des petites fautes.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lemagemasque, postée le 27-08-2012 à 19:00:59 (S | E)
Lesquelles, lucile83 ?

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 27-08-2012 20:42
mp envoyé

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de matou94, postée le 27-08-2012 à 20:37:28 (S | E)
Hello Lucile

Thanks a lot for this translation. Here is my try

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. Both of them are five. Kevin was five last Wednesday and he received a lot of gifts. He told Tom he was very happy. Tom also asked him where his grandparents were living. They were delighted to see each other again and, as usual, they were talkative.
They hope to be in the same class once again. They know they'll get a new teacher but that doesn't worry them. They'll know her name when they're going to return to school.

Thanks Lucile

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lemagemasque, postée le 28-08-2012 à 20:32:39 (S | E)
Hello,

Ouf ! Lucile83 m'a envoyé un message pour me dire que mon texte était très bien, maintenant.
Merci "Petit Poucet" !
Bonne soirée !

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de mamou3, postée le 29-08-2012 à 09:00:05 (S | E)
Hello Lucile,

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. They are both five. Kevin turned five last Wednesday and he got a lot of presents. He told Tom he was very happy. Tom also asked him where his grand-parents were living. They were pleased to see each other again and discussed together a lot, as usual.
They hope they will be in the same class again. They know they will have a new teacher but they aren't afraid about that. They will know her name when they come back to school.

Thanks for this exercise !

-------------------
Modifié par mamou3 le 29-08-2012 12:53

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de sebastien450, postée le 29-08-2012 à 11:13:51 (S | E)
Bonjour,
Modeste contribution d'un débutant:

As you knew, Kevin and Tom know them since a few months. They are five years both. Kevin was five years the last Wednesday and there are much [cadeaux]. He said to Tom that he was very happy. Tom also asked where lived his grandparents. They were enjoying to look yet and spoken much, as usual.
They hope them will be yet in the same classroom. They know them will be a new teacher but it don’t quiet them. They will know her name when they will be come back.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 29-08-2012 11:55
mp envoyé

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de maya92, postée le 29-08-2012 à 14:52:37 (S | E)
Bonjour Lucile and thank you for bringing back our little friends Kevin and Tom back from holidays like everyone...let's hope they had nice holidays and let's try to do our best in translating..

As you may know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. Both of them are 5 years old . Kevin turned five last Wednesday and he received a lot of presents
He told Kevin he was very glad. Tom also asked him where his grand-parents were living. They were delighted to meet again and they chatted a lot as usual. They hope they are in the same class. They know they’ll get a new teacher but they don’t worry about that. They will know her name when they are back at school.

Merci encore Lucile à bientot..

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de sanna6, postée le 29-08-2012 à 21:10:13 (S | E)
Bonsoir Lucile,

Les temps ne sont pas si faciles, je ne sais pas pour ce qui est entre parenthèses ! ...
Merci à vous pour cet exercice,

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for some months. Both of them are five years old. (Kevin was 5) last Wednesday and he got a lot of presents. He said to Tom that he was very happy. Tom asked him where lived his grandparents. They were glad to see each other again and talked a lot, as usual.
They hope they will be together in the same class once again. They know they will have a new teacher but they don't worry about it. They will know her name when They are back to school.

Une très bonne soirée

-------------------
Modifié par sanna6 le 31-08-2012 07:19Merci beaucoup Lucile, j'ai fait certaines corrections sur ce que vous m'aviez indiqué...Mais je doute encore pour un, je continue de regarder à ce propos. Une très bonne journée à vous

-------------------
Modifié par sanna6 le 01-09-2012 07:45

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de plumet98, postée le 30-08-2012 à 03:29:05 (S | E)
Hello
That is big pleasure to see you.
This my translation.

As you know, Kevin and Tom know since a few months.
Kevin have had five years last wednesday and he have had many gifts.
he told to tom that he was very happy. Tom asked him as where lived his Grandparents ?
They were delighted to see at new and much spoke as usually.
They hope they will be yet once in the same classroom. Theyknow that they will have a new teacher but that not disturb them.
They will know his name when they will be comeback at school.

Thank you.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de jacqueline60, postée le 30-08-2012 à 17:45:35 (S | E)
Bonjour,

As you know, Tom and Kevin have known each other a few months. They both 5 years. Kevin has had 5 years last Wednesday and had a lot of gifts. He told Tom he was very happy. Tom also asked him where his grandparents lived. They were delighted to see each other again and talked a lot, as usual.
They hope they will once again be in the same class. They know they will have a new mistress, but that does not worry. They will know his name when they will return to school.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-08-2012 18:11

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de shodaboy, postée le 30-08-2012 à 20:34:17 (S | E)
Hola, como està ?

Just kidding
my English is a bit rusty , so please be kind ;)

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months.They are both five years old.Kevin reached his five years last Wednesday and he received a lot of gifts.He said to Tom that he was very happy.Tom also asked him where his grand-parents were living.They were thrilled to see each other again and they spoke a lot, as usual.
They hope that they will remain in the same class, once again.They are aware that they are going to have a new mistress but it doesn't worry them.They will know her name as soon as they come back to school.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 30-08-2012 21:18

-------------------
Modifié par shodaboy le 30-08-2012 22:06

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de irish21, postée le 31-08-2012 à 10:13:46 (S | E)
Hello everybody,
thank you lucile for sharing this exercise.
I've attempted to translate; not so easy (in spite of appearances).

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months.Both are five years old.Kevin turned five last Wednesday and received a bunch of gifts.He told Tom he was very happy.Tom asked him as well where his grandparents lived.They were thrilled to meet again, chatting for hours as usual.They hope to be together again in the same class.They are not worried about having a new (woman) teacher.
They will know her name when they go back to school.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de kingdom59, postée le 31-08-2012 à 22:05:22 (S | E)
Hello

J’espère ne pas avoir fait trop d'erreurs !

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for some months. they are both five year old. Kevin was five year old the last
wednesday, and he had gotten a lot of gift. He said Tom than he was very glad. Tom also asked him where his grandparents lived.
They were delighted to see each other again and they spoke a lot, like usually. They hope than they would be in same class again. They know than they will have a new teacherbut this don't worry. They will know her name when they will be to come back at school.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 31-08-2012 22:15
mp envoyé

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de ng, postée le 01-09-2012 à 18:22:44 (S | E)
Hello Lucile,
Here is my try, thanks a lot for this exercise !

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. They are both 5 years old. Kevin turned 5 last Wednesday and he got a lot of gifts. He told Tom he was very happy. Tom also asked him where his grandparents were living. They were delighted to see each other again and they talked a lot, as usual.
They hope they'll be once again in the same class. They know they'll have a new teacher but they don't worry about it. They'll know her name when they go back to school.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 01-09-2012 18:36
mp envoyé
-------------------
Modifié par ng le 01-09-2012 19:02
Thank you again Lucile! I hope it's better now!

-------------------
Modifié par ng le 01-09-2012 23:28
Thanks Lucile, is it correct?

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 02-09-2012 09:12
Réponse par mp

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lucile83, postée le 02-09-2012 à 09:22:40 (S | E)
Hello

You have worked hard and I thank you for that.
It was not as easy as I told you in my first message due to a few difficulties. A lot of you have managed to make a nice translation.
I'll give you my translation tonight.
See you later

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lucile83, postée le 02-09-2012 à 21:37:34 (S | E)
Hello

Merci pour votre participation et vos efforts car mes messages vous signalant des fautes ne vous ont laissé aucun répit, pour celles et ceux qui en avaient besoin bien sûr.J'espère que ces échanges ont été bénéfiques en tout cas.
Merci encore et bonne correction au cas où il resterait de menues fautes.
Voici ma proposition.

As you know, Kevin and Tom have known each other for a few months. They are both 5. Kevin turned 5 last Wednesday and got a lot of gifts. He told Tom he was very happy. Tom also asked him where his grandparents were living. They were delighted to see each other again and talked a lot, as usual.
They hope they will be in the same class once again. They know they will have a new teacher but that doesn’t scare them. They will know her name when they go back to school.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de irish21, postée le 03-09-2012 à 02:11:39 (S | E)
Hello lucile,

thank you very much for the correction.
I am a bit confused about the use of the past continuous instead of the simple past in the following sentence (indirect speech):"Tom also asked him where his grandparents were living". Direct speech: Tom also asked him: 'where do your grandparents live?' (permanent situation) or 'where are your grandparents living?' (at the moment). I would tend to think that the simple present works better than the present continuous (without context).

Regards.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de lucile83, postée le 03-09-2012 à 08:05:32 (S | E)
Hello irish,

As you say 'were living' is used for an action that takes place now, and goes on.
That's why I chose the v-ing form, instead of the simple form.
I used the past because the main clause is in the past (asked).

It wouldn't be wrong if you said:
... asked ...lived

If you say:
... asked ...live
it sounds awkard because the fact of living there is not a permanent action, as the sun rises every morning
Hope this helps.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de mamou3, postée le 03-09-2012 à 18:05:04 (S | E)
Hello Lucile
Thank you again for this translation and for the personal correction.

Réponse: Kevin et Tom/Thème de irish21, postée le 03-09-2012 à 19:21:06 (S | E)
Hello lucile,

"if you say:
...asked...live"
I am sorry, I didn't express myself very clearly. What I meant to say:
-direct speech in the past with the simple present: 'Tom asked him: where do your grandparents live?' becomes 'Tom asked him where his grandparents lived' with the indirect speech.
-direct speech in the past with the present continuous: 'Tom asked him: where are your grandparents living?' becomes 'Tom asked him where his grandparents were living' with the indirect speech (one step back into the past from the original).
So, as you said, "...asked...lived,
...asked...were living",
these two past tenses work properly in this case. I quite agree with you
Regards.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum
Page 1 / 2 - Voir la page Haut | 1 | 2 | Fin | En bas

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux