Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Exercice 15/thème grammatical

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 1 / 2 - Voir la page 1 | 2 | Fin | >>
Exercice 15/thème grammatical
Message de here4u posté le 15-09-2014 à 20:31:11 (S | E | F)
Hello
Voici la version 15 de vos exercices favoris ... un peu austère cette fois ( mon laptop me fait des caprices ... et j'ai dû travailler sur tablette ...)
EXERCICE 15: pas de fantaisies ... Du thème pur et dur ... En fait, pas si dur que ça, disons correction le 24/09, éditions possibles jusqu'au 18 au soir (comme l'a dit l'une d'entre vous, 'there are more and more followers', and I thank you for it !) Je sais que vous appréciez les corrections sur mesure, mais il me faut 'un peu' de temps pour les préparer toutes ... )Merci de votre excellent travail !

1) - Il a emprunté tellement d'argent à son père qu'il ne pourra pas économiser pendant des années....
2) - Elle n'avait pas expliqué aux plus jeunes élèves qu'il fallait se taire en classe et ils ont tous été punis....
3) - J'ai bien peur qu'il ne soit plus là quand elle reviendra enfin ... Tant pis pour elle !
4) - Plus d'explications il donnait, moins je le croyais et plus j'étais certain qu'il avait toujours menti!
5) - Ne t'inquiète pas ... Je resterai avec toi tant que tu auras besoin de moi ...
6) - Il a travaillé tellement peu et fait si peu de progrès qu'il ne mérite vraiment pas d'être aidé ...
7) - Peux-tu nous envoyer le plus d'exemplaires (que) possible ... Je veux en distribuer à tous nos amis ...
8) - Elle a l'air d'avoir froid ! Je ne trouve pas, mais on dirait qu'elle est affamée et est très enrouée....
9) - Il y a beaucoup de circulation et je ne peux pas m'empêcher de penser qu'un retard m'empêcherait d'arriver à l'heure pour mon examen.
10) - Il y a trois fois plus de spectateurs qu'hier ! Quel succès !
11) - Il nous faudra le plus de place possible pour l'exposition, d'autant plus que c'est un artiste célèbre ...
12) - En perdant conscience, j'avais l'impression de tomber d'une falaise au ralenti ...

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-09-2014 21:32

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de mamou3, postée le 16-09-2014 à 08:09:48 (S | E)
Hello here4u,

Thank you for this new one !

1. He borrowed so much money from his father, he won't be able to save anything for years.
2. She didn't explain it must be keep quiet in classroom to the younger pupils and they were all punished.
3. I'm afraid he won't be there when she comes back finally...That's too bad for her.
4. More explanation he gave less I believed him and more I was sure he had always lied.
5. Don't worry.. I'll stay with you as long as you need it.
6. He worked so little and made so little progress he doesn't deserve to be helped.
7. Can you send us as many copies as possible...I want to distribute it to all our friends.
8. She seems be cold ! I don't but it looks like she is starving and very hoarse.
9. There is a lot of traffic and I can't help thinking that a delay would prevent me from being on time for my exam.
10. There are three times as many viewers as yesterday. What a success !
11. We'll need as much space as possible for the exhibition especially the artist is famous.
12. While I was fainting I had the impression of falling off a cliff in slow motion.

Have a nice day !

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de kazan, postée le 16-09-2014 à 09:33:12 (S | E)
Hello again,
Sorry to repeat myself but you're great! Thanks so much for gently helping us.
Let's play together shall we?

1) - Il a emprunté tellement d'argent à son père qu'il ne pourra pas économiser pendant des années....
-->He has borrowed so much money from his father that he will not be able to save some for years to come...

2) - Elle n'avait pas expliqué aux plus jeunes élèves qu'il fallait se taire en classe et ils ont tous été punis....
--> She had not explained to the youngest pupils that they had to be quiet when in the classroom and they were all punished...
Did I have to use the Preterite instead of the past perfect. I wonder...
Anecdote: In the past, in Reunion, some parents used to punish naughty children with what was called a "nerf-boeuf", which was nothing but a stiff stick made of a nerve of oxen.
Yes indeed, when it comes to punishing children, adults can be so ... creative, can't they?
I thankfully never had a taste of it.

3) - J'ai bien peur qu'il ne soit plus là quand elle reviendra enfin ... Tant pis pour elle !
-->I very much fear that he might not be here anymore when she eventually comes back... too bad for her!

4) - Plus d'explications il donnait, moins je le croyais et plus j'étais certain qu'il avait toujours menti!
--> The more explanations he gave, the less I believed him and the more certain I was that he had always lied to me.

5) - Ne t'inquiète pas ... Je resterai avec toi tant que tu auras besoin de moi ...
-->Don't worry... I'll stay with you as long as you need me...

6) - Il a travaillé tellement peu et fait si peu de progrès qu'il ne mérite vraiment pas d'être aidé ...
--> He has worked so little and made so little progress that he really doesn't deserve to be helped.

7) - Peux-tu nous envoyer le plus d'exemplaires (que) possible ... Je veux en distribuer à tous nos amis ...
--> Could you send us as many copies as possible... I want to hand out copies to all of our friends.

8) - Elle a l'air d'avoir froid ! Je ne trouve pas, mais on dirait qu'elle est affamée et est très enrouée..
--> She is seemingly cold! I don't think so, but she seems to be starved and hoarse.

9) - Il y a beaucoup de circulation et je ne peux pas m'empêcher de penser qu'un retard m'empêcherait d'arriver à l'heure pour mon examen.
-->There is much traffic and I can't help myself thinking that a delay would prevent me from being on time for my exam.
I initially wanted to write: "a delay would hold me from getting on time to my exam." But nay, It's all wrong. I just have to stick to my dictionary.

-->There is three times as many spectators as there were yesterday! What a success yeah!

11) - Il nous faudra le plus de place possible pour l'exposition, d'autant plus que c'est un artiste célèbre ...
-->We'll need as much space as possible for the exhibit, especially since It is a famous artist...

12) - En perdant conscience, j'avais l'impression de tomber d'une falaise au ralenti ...
-->As I was fainting, I had the impression that I was falling off a cliff in slow motion.
or is it " as I fainted" Argh! I don't know.

See you soon.

-------------------
Modifié par kazan le 17-09-2014 09:08

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de jo06, postée le 16-09-2014 à 23:12:30 (S | E)
Hello Here4u,
Thank you so much for this hard and interesting work.
A lot of traps as usual
We still enjoy.
This is my try:
1) He has borrowed so much from his father that he won't be able to save for years...
2) She hadn't explained to the youngest pupils that they had to be quiet during the class and so they all have been punished...(it's not fair!)
3) I fear he might not be there when she comes back at least...Too bad for her!
4) The more explanations he gave, the less I believed him and (I) was sure he had always (lied) told lies!
5) Don't worry...I will stand beside you as long as you need me...
6) He has worked so little and got so small progress that he really doesn't deserve to be helped...
7) Could you send us the most examples (or specimens) as possible ( or as you can)...I want ( or would like ) to distribute to all our friends...
8) She seems to be cold! I don't think so, but she looks like beeing starving and very hoarse...
9)The traffic is heavy and I can't help thinking that a delay would stop me arriving on time (or on getting on time)for my exam (examination)
10)There is thrice more(I know,it's out of fashion,but I like it..) (or three times more) audience than yesterday.What a success(or what a hit).
11) We'll need the most space as possible for the exhibition, all the more ( or especially of the fact) he is a well-known artist
12) As I was losing consciouness (or As I was fainting)I felt like running down at half-speed from a cliff

-------------------
Modifié par jo06 le 17-09-2014 08:37

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de ng, postée le 17-09-2014 à 10:59:26 (S | E)
Hello here4u,

Many thanks for the exercise, I've got some time left to do it, and the others too I hope so!

1) He borrowed so much money from his father; he won't be able to save for ages.
2) She hadn't explained to younger students they had to be silent during the lesson, they all have been punished.
3) I'm afraid he's not there anymore when she finally comes back... Too bad for her!
4) The more explanations he gave, the less I believed him and the more sure I was that he had always lied!
5) Don't worry... I'll stay by you as long as you need me.
6) He has been working so little and made so little progress that he doesn't really deserve to be helped.
7) Could you send us as many copies as possible; I'd like to distribute them to all our friends.
8) She seems to be cold! I don't think so, but she is like to be hungry and she is very hoarse.
9) There is a lot of traffic and I can't help thinking that a delay would preclude me from being on time to take my exam.
10) There are three times more spectators than yesterday! What a hit!
11) We'll need as much space as possible for the exhibition, all the more his is a famous artist.
12) As I was losing consciousness, I felt like I was half-speed falling down from a cliff.

Have a nice day!

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de koreen2012, postée le 17-09-2014 à 12:25:25 (S | E)
Hello here4u and thank you for this exercise
Here is my try

He borrowed so much money from his father he won't be able to save up some for years....

She hadn't explained to the youngest pupils they had to keep quiet and they were all punished....

I fear he might not be there when she finally comes back....too bad for her!

The more explanations he gave, the less I believe him and the more confident I was (that) he had always lied to me / he was lying to me the whole time !
--> Un petit doute au niveau du temps à utiliser dans la derniére partie de la phrase

Don't worry....I will stand by you as long as you need me....

He has worked so little and made so little progress that he doesn't really deserve to be helped....

Can you send us as many copies as possible....I want to hand out them to all our friends....

8) - Elle a l'air d'avoir froid ! Je ne trouve pas, mais on dirait qu'elle est affamée et est très enrouée....
She appears to be cold! I don't think so, but it looks like she is hungry / famished and very hoarse....
She appears to be cold! I don't think so, but she seems hungry and very hoarse....

There is much congestion and I can't help thinking a delay would prevent me from arriving on time for my exam. (wow!)

There is three times as many spectators as yesterday! What a success!

We will need as much space as possible for the exhibit, especially as he is a famous artist....

On losing consciousness, I had the impression that I was falling off a cliff in slow motion....
As I was losing consciousness, I had the impression that I was falling off a cliff in slow motion....

Have a nice day!
See you soon

-------------------
Modifié par koreen2012 le 18-09-2014 09:49

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de here4u, postée le 17-09-2014 à 13:38:06 (S | E)
Hi all of you ! You didrush on my austere translation ....
Refering to what kazan wrote :
'Anecdote: In the past, in Reunion, some parents used to punish naughty children with what was called a 'nerf-boeuf', which was nothing but a stiff stick made of a nerve of oxen.
Yes indeed, when it comes to punishing children, adults can be so ... creative, can't they?
I thankfully never had a taste of it.', long ago, I studied a text with my students explaining that some parents had used a 'cat o' nine tails' to hit their naughty kids ...
I had found a picture, but am, of course, totally unable to copy it for you ...

HURRAH ! I did it !  

Finally, it didn't work ! I AM a Dummy !

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de tereda, postée le 17-09-2014 à 15:50:45 (S | E)
hello Here4US
as usually, even if I found it difficult , I have pleasure to give you my try

1. He has borrowed so much money from his father, that he won't be able to save up for years.
2. She hadn't explained to the youngest pupils that they must stop talking in class, and so they were all punished,
3. I am afraid he won't be there when she finally comes back, that's just too bad for her !
4. More he gave explanations, less I believed in him, and more I was sure he always had lied.
5. Don't worry..... I'll stay with you as long as you need of me.
6. He has worked so little and did so little progress that he really doesn't deserve to be helped.
7. Can you send me as many examples as you can.... I want to give out to all our friends.
8. She seems to be cold ! I don't think so, but she looks hungry and her voice is hoarse.
9. There is so much traffic and I can't help thinking that a delay would prevent me from arriving on time for my exam.
10. There are three times higher of audience than yesterday ! what success !
11. We need as much place (or space) as possible for the exhibition, because (or especially as) he is a famous artist.
12. While losing consciousness, It seemed to me I was falling down slowly from a cliff.
13. while Losing awareness, I felt like I was falling down slowly from a cliff.

I really hope it's not too bad
Thanks a lot for your help

-------------------
Modifié par tereda le 17-09-2014 15:52

-------------------
Modifié par tereda le 19-09-2014 10:40
from

-------------------
Modifié par tereda le 19-09-2014 10:43
or space)

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de tereda, postée le 17-09-2014 à 16:05:55 (S | E)
this is a picture about  the 'cat o' nine tails'
fortunately, nobody uses it, now, I hope !

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de taiji43, postée le 17-09-2014 à 19:34:54 (S | E)
Dear Here 4U here is my test better than the latest one.(I hope) Have a nice evening!

Il a emprunté tellement d'argent à son père qu'il ne pourra pas économiser pendant des années...
He has borrowed so much money from his father, he won’t be able to save up for ages…

2) Elle n'avait pas expliqué aux plus jeunes élèves qu'il fallait se taire en classe et ils ont tous été punis
She had not explained to the youngest pupils that they had to be silent/quiet in the classroom therefore, they were all punished.

3) J'ai bien peur qu'il ne soit plus là quand elle reviendra enfin ... Tant pis pour elle !
I really fear, he might not be here anymore… when she finally comes back…That’is her misfortune!

4) Plus d'explications il donnait, moins je le croyais et plus j'étais certain qu'il avait toujours menti ;
The more explanations he gave, the less I believed him and the more certain I was, that he had always lied to me.

5) Ne t'inquiète pas ... Je resterai avec toi tant que tu auras besoin de moi ..
Don’t worry…I will be staying with you as long as you need me.

6) Il a travaillé tellement peu et fait si peu de progrès qu'il ne mérite vraiment pas d'être aidé ...
He has worked so little and made so little progress that he doesn't really deserve to be helped.

7. Peux-tu nous envoyer le plus d'exemplaires (que) possible ... Je veux en distribuer à tous nos amis ...
Could you send us as many copies as possible… I want to hand out them to all our friends…

8) Elle a l'air d'avoir froid ! Je ne trouve pas, mais on dirait qu'elle est affamée et est très enrouée....
She seems to be freezing, I don’t thing so, however she looks like beeing starving and very hoarse.

9 Il y a beaucoup de circulation et je ne peux pas m'empêcher de penser qu'un retard m'empêcherait d'arriver à l'heure pour mon examen.
There is much traffic and I can’t help thinking that a delay would prevent me from being on time for my exam.

There are three times as audience as yesterday ! What a succes!

11) - Il nous faudra le plus de place possible pour l'exposition, d'autant plus que c'est un artiste célèbre
We will need as much pace as possible for the exhibit all the more since it is a famous artist.

As I was fainting I had the impression that I was falling out of a cliff in slow motion or I was falling off from a cliff in slow motion

-------------------
Modifié par taiji43 le 18-09-2014 11:04

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de maxwell, postée le 17-09-2014 à 20:50:19 (S | E)
Hello Here4u
It's nice to play and learn with you again
Here's my work :

1) He has borrowed so much money from his father that he won't be able to save money for years...
2) The youngest hadn't been told to keep quiet in class, therefore the whole class was punished...
3) I'm afraid he won't be there any longer when she finally comes back ... Too bad for her !
4) The more explanations he gave me, the less I believed him, the more certain I was that he had always lain
5) Don't worry... I'll stay with you (or : I'll stand by you) as long as you need me.
6) He has worked so little and made so little progress that he really doesn't deserve to be helped...
7) Could you send us as many copies as possible ? I want them to be delivered to all our friends...
8) She looks cold ! I don't think so, but she (rather) looks like an hungry husky-voiced woman
9) There's much traffic and I can't help thinking that any delay might prevent me from arriving on time for my exam
10) There are three times as many spectators as yesterday ! What a success !
11) We'll need as much room as possible for the exhibition all the more so as he's a famous artist...
12) While losing consciousness, I felt as though I was falling off a cliff in slow motion ...

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de kazan, postée le 18-09-2014 à 07:08:04 (S | E)
Oh my, just look at the size of the knots. I'm sure someone could be knocked unconscious with this kind of educational tool

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de alpiem, postée le 18-09-2014 à 09:42:27 (S | E)
hello,here 4u,it's a pleasure: let's hurry so as not to lose one's turn!

1/He has borrowed so much money from his father that he won't be able to put aside for years.......

2/She had not explained to the younger pupils that they must shut up during the class and then they all have been punished......

3/I'm afraid he won't be there when she comes back at last.......so much the worse for her!!

4/The more explanations he was giving, the less I believed him and the more I was convinced he had always lied.

5/Don't worry.......I will stay with you as long as you need me.......

6/He has worked so little and made so little progress that he definitely doesn't deserve to be helped..

7/Could you send us the more possible copies ?.....I want to distribute them to everyone of our friends..

8/She looks like feeling cold !..... I don't think so, but one can say hungry and very hoarse......

9/There is a lot of traffic and I cannot but think that being late would prevent me from arriving in time for my exam....(purist ?)...

10/There are three times more audience than yesterday ! what a success ( blockbuster ?) !.
11/We will need the most possible room for the show, all the more so as it is a famous artist.......

12/While loosing consciousness,I had the feeling that I was falling down a cliff in slow motion.......

Best regards....

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de here4u, postée le 18-09-2014 à 11:19:49 (S | E)
NO , Jo, there's no trap ! I guarantee ... I wouldn't dare !
Now, alpiem .... no need to hurry (except if you want to be able to edit !) I send the personal corrections to every one of you ! (even to those who post after the deadline !) and it's a pleasure to see that there are more and more of you !

I DO like playing with you !

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de ronald1955, postée le 18-09-2014 à 13:39:02 (S | E)
Hello Here4u !

Here is my try.

1)-Il a emprunté tellement d'argent à son père qu'il ne pourra pas économiser pendant des années....
a- He has borrowed so much money from his father that he won't be able to save up/put aside (any) for years....

2)-Elle n'avait pas expliqué aux plus jeunes élèves qu'il fallait se taire en classe et ils ont tous été punis....
a- She hadn't explained to the youngest pupils that they had to keep silent/quiet in class and they were all punished/told off....

3)-J'ai bien peur qu'il ne soit plus là quand elle reviendra enfin ... Tant pis pour elle!
a- I'm afraid he won't be there any longer when she finally comes back ... Too bad for her!

4)-Plus d'explications il donnait, moins je le croyais et plus j'étais certain qu'il avait toujours menti!
a- The more explanations he gave, the less I believed him and the more certain I was that he had always been lying!/he had always lain!

5)-Ne t'inquiète pas ... Je resterai avec toi tant que tu auras besoin de moi ...
a- Don't worry...I'll stand by you/stay with you as long as you need me...

6)-Il a travaillé tellement peu et fait si peu de progrès qu'il ne mérite vraiment pas d'être aidé ...
a- He has worked so little and made so little progress that he doesn't really deserve to be helped...

7)-Peux-tu nous envoyer le plus d'exemplaires (que) possible ... Je veux en distribuer à tous nos amis ...
a- Could you send us as many copies as possible...I want to hand out them to all our friends...
b- Can you send us as many copies as possible...I want them to be delivered to the whole of our friends...

8)-Elle a l'air d'avoir froid ! Je ne trouve pas, mais on dirait qu'elle est affamée et est très enrouée....
a- She seems to be cold!/She looks cold !I don't think so, but she looks as if she was starving and very hoarse...
b- She appears to be cold! I don't think so, but she seems to be starved and very hoarse...

9)-Il y a beaucoup de circulation et je ne peux pas m'empêcher de penser qu'un retard m'empêcherait d'arriver à l'heure pour mon examen.
a- There's much traffic and I can't help thinking that a delay would prevent me from arriving on time for my exam.
b- There's much traffic and I can't help thinking that a delay might prevent me from arriving on time for my exam.

10)Il y a trois fois plus de spectateurs qu'hier ! Quel succès !
a- There are three times more spectators than yesterday ! What a success !
b- There are three times as many spectators as yesterday ! What a success !

11)Il nous faudra le plus de place possible pour l'exposition, d'autant plus que c'est un artiste célèbre ...
a- We'll need as much space as possible for the exhibition, especially since he's been a famous artist....
b- We'll need as much room as possible for the exhibition all the more he's a well-kown artist...

12)En perdant conscience, j'avais l'impression de tomber d'une falaise au ralenti ...
a- While losing consciousness,I felt as though I was falling off/down from a cliff in slow motion ...

It was a real pleasure for me to do this useful exercise !! Thanks a lot Here4u

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de lucile83, postée le 18-09-2014 à 19:03:51 (S | E)
Hello
J'arriiiiive, je viens de copier-coller l'exercice et je m'y mets à partir de 8.45pm
J'ai jusqu'à minuit après tout

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de here4u, postée le 18-09-2014 à 20:16:03 (S | E)
Non ! tu as plus longtemps ... Après minuit, je commencerai les corrections, donc, tant pis pour vous si vous éditez ! Vous avez le droit d'écrire(jusqu'au 24), mais plus de changer ....
Après, c'est le 'cat o' nine tails' ! (merci tereda tu pourras m'expliquer comment tu as fait, s'il te plaît ? )

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de lucile83, postée le 18-09-2014 à 21:35:14 (S | E)

non!! pas de cat o'nine tails !! ...bon, je vais traduire quand même de ce pas            

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de lucile83, postée le 18-09-2014 à 22:04:57 (S | E)
Hello
Yep, here I am!
I'll proofread later...
See you

1.He has borrowed such a lot of money from his father that he won’t be able to save any for years.
2.She hadn’t explained to the younger pupils they had to keep silent in class so they were all punished.
3.I am afraid he won’t be there when she comes back at last…Too bad for her!
4.The more explanations he was giving, the less I was relying on him and the more I was sure he had always been lying!
5.Don’t worry..I’ll stay with you/I’ll stand by you as long as you need me. (thx to Ben E. King! Stand by me)
Lien internet

6.He has worked and improved so little that he doesn’t deserve any help really.
7.Can you send us as many copies as possible? I want to give a lot to all our friends.
8.She looks like being cold! I don’t think so, but she seems to be starving and having a very hoarse voice.
9.There’s a lot of traffic therefore I can’t help thinking that being late would prevent me from arriving on time for my exam.
10.There are three times as many spectators as yesterday! What a success!
11.We’ll need as much space as possible for the exhibition, all the more as he is a famous artist.
12.While fainting I felt as if I was falling down from a cliff in slow-motion.

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de syl1560, postée le 19-09-2014 à 11:19:06 (S | E)
Bonjour,
C'est la première fois que je participe au forum. Merci de proposer ce type d'exercice! Bonne continuation

He borrowed so much money from his father that he won’t be able to save for years
We ‘ll need as much room as possible for the exhibit, all the more than it is the pieces of work of a famous artist.
I’m afraid that he will no longer be there when she comes back. Serve her right!
The more explanations he gave, the less I believed him and I was convinced that he had always been lying!
Don’t worry ; I’ll stand by you as long as you need me.
He worked so little and made so little progress that he really doesn’t deserve to be helped.
Could you send us as many copies as possible. I’d like to dispatch them to all of my friends.
She looks to be cold ! I think she doesn’t but she seems to be starving and her voice is very hoarse
There is a lot of traffic and I can’t help thinking that a delay would prevent me from arriving on time at the exam!
There are three times as many viewers than yesterday ! What a success.
As I fainted, I felt as if I were falling down very slowly from a cliff!

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de tereda, postée le 19-09-2014 à 13:48:41 (S | E)
Yes Here4U, with pleasure, I'm sending you a mail to explain how to send a picture.

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de icare29, postée le 19-09-2014 à 23:38:49 (S | E)
Hello Here4u , here is my work

1- - Il a emprunté tellement d'argent à son père qu'il ne pourra pas économiser pendant des années....
He has borrowed so much money from his father consequently/that he won't be able to put any pound aside for many years .
She hadn't explained to the youngest pupils that they had to be very quiet in the classroom,and thus they all were punished.
I 'm afraid he might not be there when she at last comes back ,,too bad for her
The more explanations he gave me , the less I believed him and the more certain I was he had always lied to me .
5) - Ne t'inquiète pas ... Je resterai avec toi tant que tu auras besoin de moi
Don't worry ... I will stay beside / with you as long as you need me.
6) - Il a travaillé tellement peu et fait si peu de progrès qu'il ne mérite vraiment pas d'être aidé . He had worked so little and made not so much progress that he doesn't deserve to be helped.
7) Peux-tu nous envoyer le plus d'exemplaires (que) possible Je veux en distribuer à tous nos amis
Could you send us the more copies as possible , I want to deliver some of them to all our friends.
She looks like to be cold ! I don't think so , but she seems to be starved and she is very hoarse
There is much trafic road and I can't help thinking that a delay would prevent me from arriving on time for my examination
10) - Il y a trois fois plus de spectateurs qu'hier ! Quel succès ! There are three times as many spectators as( there was ) yesterday ! What a success !
The audience is three times more important than (it was) yesterday
11) - Il nous faudra le plus de place possible pour l'exposition, d'autant plus que c'est un artiste célèbre .
We will need as much rooms as possible for the exhibition, all the more he is a famous artist .
While losing conciousness , I was under the impression that I was falling down a cliff in very slow movements

Thank you for this new interesting exercise
Icare29

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de joe39, postée le 21-09-2014 à 14:55:58 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u,

Here is my try.

He borrowed such a great amount of money from his father, that he won’t be able to spare for years long.
She hadn’t explained to the younger pupils they failed to keep silent in class and then they had been all punished.
I fear he might be no more there when she finally comes back…So much the worse for her!
The more explanations he gave, the less I believed him and the more I was sure he s was always lying.
Don’t worry I’ll stay with you as long as you need my help….
He worked and did so little progress that he doesn’t deserve to be helped.
Can you send us as more copies as possible, since I want/I would like to deal them out to all our friends.
She look to feel cold! I don’t agree, but it seems rather to be hungry and very hoarse.
There is a lot of traffic and I can’t avoid thinking that a delay would prevent me from arriving in time/on time to sit for my examination/test/review.
There are three times more spectators/audience/viewers than yesterday! What a success!
We will need to obtain as much room as possible for the exhibition, all the more so because he’s a famous artist.
12) - En perdant conscience, j'avais l'impression de tomber d'une falaise au ralenti ..
While I was fainting, I felt like as if I was falling off a cliff in slow motion.

It was a very nice set of exercises I did leisurely, indeed!

Thank you very much.

Your friendly

Joe39.

-------------------
Modifié par joe39 le 25-09-2014 19:18

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de lakata, postée le 21-09-2014 à 15:03:33 (S | E)
Hello dear Here4u!

1) Il a emprunté tellement d'argent à son père qu'il ne pourra pas économiser pendant des années.
He's borrowed so much money from his father that it will prevent him (from) saving any for years / that he won't be able to save any for years.

2) Elle n'avait pas expliqué aux plus jeunes élèves qu'il fallait se taire en classe et ils ont tous été punis.
She hadn't told the youngest students they had to stay quiet during the lesson and they were all punished, which is definitely unfair!

3) J'ai bien peur qu'il ne soit plus là quand elle reviendra enfin...Tant pis pour elle !
I'm really worried he might have gone when she comes back at last...Too bad for her!

4) Plus il donnait d'explications, moins je le croyais et plus j'étais certain qu'il avait toujours menti.
The more he explained, the less I believed him and the surest surer ( Hmmm...ma sorry souris avait fourché !)I was he'd always been telling lies.

5) Ne t'inquiète pas...Je resterai avec toi tant que tu auras besoin de moi.
Don't worry...I'm going to stay with you as long as you need.

6) Il a tellement peu travaillé et fait si peu de progrès qu'il ne mérite vraiment pas d'être aidé.
He's worked and improved so little that he really doesn't deserve any help.

7) Peux-tu nous envoyer le plus d'exemplaires possible ? Je veux en distribuer à tous nos amis.
Could you send us as many copies as possible? I'd like to hand them out to all our friends.

8) Elle a l'air d'avoir froid ! -- Je ne trouve pas, mais on dirait qu'elle est affamée et elle est très enrouée.
She seems to be cold! --I don't think so, but it looks as if she were/is starving and she's hoarse.

9) Il y a beaucoup de circulation et je ne peux m'empêcher de penser que ça pourrait m'empêcher d'arriver à l'heure pour mon examen.
The traffic is very heavy and I can't help thinking that a delay might prevent my being on time at my exam.

10) Il y a trois fois plus de spectateurs qu'hier ! Quel succès !
There are three times as many audience spectators as yesterday ! What a success!

11) Il nous faudra le plus de place possible pour l'exposition, d'autant plus que c'est un artiste célèbre.
We'll need as much room as possible for the exhibition, all the more as the artist is famous.

12) En perdant conscience, j'avais l'impression de tomber d'une falaise au ralenti.
While losing consciousness, I felt as if I were falling down from a cliff in slow-motion..

We learn so much from your exercises! Thank you once again, Here4u!

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de remi99, postée le 21-09-2014 à 18:33:42 (S | E)

Here is my attempt.

1) He borrowed so much money to his father that he will be not able to save for years....
2) She didn’t explain to the youngest pupils that they have to stay silent during the class and they all have been punished...
3) I fear he won’t be there when she finally comes back… Such a shame for her!
4) More explanations was he giving, less was I believing him and more was I sure he had always lied.
5) Don’t worry... I will stay with you as long as you need me...
6) He worked so little and makes so little progress that he really doesn’t deserve to be helped.
7) Can you send me the most possible exemplars. I want to distribute some to our friends...
8) She seems to feel cold! I don’t think so but it seems that she is very angry and sick.
9) There is a lot of traffic jam and I can’t help myself thinking that a delay would prevent me to arrive in time for my exam.
10) There are third times more spectators than yesterday! What a success!
11) We need the most possible room for the exhibition, furthermore that he’s a famous artist.
12) Losing consciousness, I had the feeling to fall from a cliff in slow motion.

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de here4u, postée le 21-09-2014 à 19:47:31 (S | E)
BIENVENUE aux nouveaux ! (aux autres aussi, bien sûr ! )Je suis en pleine 'correction' de vos travaux ... et les questions que vous vous posez (ainsi que la façon dont vous les résolvez me remplissent de joie ! Continuez ainsi !

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de here4u, postée le 24-09-2014 à 19:06:42 (S | E)
Hello !
All the individual corrections were sent, and I've just posted exercise 16 for the greedy ones !
This correction is ready and will be on line around 11 tonight ! to all of you !

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de here4u, postée le 24-09-2014 à 23:18:08 (S | E)
Hello

Here's the correction and its commentary after your reactions to the individual ones.

1) -Il a emprunté tellement d'argent à son père qu'Il ne pourra pas économiser pendant des années...
He has borrowed so much money from his father that he won't be able to save any for years...
‘to borrow stg FROM sby’= emprunter de l'argent à quelqu'un ; ne pourra pas = incapacité au futur =>’he won’t be able to’; ‘Pendant des années' = 'for a long time' OU ‘for years’. Attention ! ‘for ages’ fait référence aux années passées.

2) - Elle n'avait pas expliqué aux plus jeunes élèves qu'il fallait se taire en classe et ils ont tous été punis ...
She hadn't explained to the Junior students that they had to keep quiet in class and they have all been punished.
Antériorité du manque d’explications => past perfect ; ‘se taire’ = to keep quiet ('shut up' est trop ‘familier’) Bilan d’action : present perfect = 'they have been punished’

I'm afraid he might not be there when she comes back at last. Too bad for her !
‘I’m afraid’ , ‘I fear’ + MIGHT ; ‘quand elle reviendra’= subordonnée temporelle => pas de futur derrière une conjonction de subordination temporelle.

The more explanations he gave me, the less I believed him and the more certain I was that he had always lied.
C’était, encore un fois, une progression parallèle, celle que beaucoup ont du mal à maîtriser … (tentation de considérer ‘le plus’, ‘le moins’ non comme des comparaisons, donc des comparatifs, mais comme des superlatifs.) Je sais qu’il existe pour les francophones en tout cas, une vraie résistance … En lisant vos premiers envois, je me suis replongée dans une nouvelle leçon, plus centrée sur l’unique point qui pose toujours problèmes .(leçon N° 106328)

Don’t worry … I’ll stay with you as long as you need me .
Encore une fois, ‘piège’ classique pour un francophone : toujours ce maudit futur que vous n’omettez pas ‘naturellement’ !

He’s worked so little and made so little progress that he really doesn’t deserve to be helped.
Il n‘y avait pas de piège, juste une insistance (sans élégance, je vous l’accorde !) sur ‘little'. ‘Progress’ est bien indénombrable et appelle ‘little’. Pas de difficultés, donc !

7) - Peux-tu nous envoyer le plus d'exemplaires (que) possible ? Je veux en distribuer à tous nos amis ...
Can /Could you send us as many copies as possible ? I want to hand them out/dispatch them to all our friends !
La grosse difficulté ici était de ne pas foncer sur ‘the more than/the most than’. JE SAIS que ces expressions sont correctes pour certains, dans certains pays, certaines régions, mais la règle est de considérer : ‘le plus d’exemplaires que’,et ‘trois fois plus que’ etc, comme ‘autant d’exemplaires que’(= 'as many copies as' ), ‘trois fois autant que’('three times as many as' ) ! C’est la règle, la seule qui vous apportera les points aux examens ou concours … Juste une toute petite gymnastique cérébrale …

She seems to be cold/(freezing) looks cold ! I don’t think so, but it looks as if she were starving and she sounds very hoarse?
Attention : to look = regarder , sembler; to look like = ressembler à ; she looks as if/though = on dirait que (irréel => Prétérit modal); seems = (neutre) = sembler ; to look tired = avoir l’air fatigué (quand on le voit!), she sounds tired = elle a l’air fatiguée (elle a une petite voix). To feel = (se) sentir ; MAIS 'to feel like' = avoir envie de.

There's a lot of traffic and I can't help thinking that being late would prevent me from getting to my exam on time.

Il fallait ici distinguer entre 'je ne peux pas m'empêcher' = I can't help + ing ; et 'empêcher quelqu'un de faire quelque chose' = to prevent somebody from doing something ;

There are three times as many spectators/as much audience as yesterday ! What a success/ a hit !

Alors là, réactions des ‘bonnets rouges’, contestataires, frondeurs et autres indisciplinés … que j’adore ! Par ‘économie’ de frappe,(sorry!) j’ai parfois mis ‘collective’ = ‘uncountable’: D’où les hauts cris, liens vers OCD et CCD (que, bien sûr, j’avais consultés moi-aussi !) Donc : lire ‘collective’ SE COMPORTE COMME un indénombrable ; ‘the police are' => 'much police' MAIS 'many policemen' ; 'the government is/are' MAIS ‘the members of the government’ (et pas ‘the government members’) Ca y est ! Je suis épuisée ! Pause …

11) - Il nous faudra le plus de place possible pour l'exposition d'autant plus que c'est un artiste célèbre ...
We’ll need as much room/space as possible for the exhibit(ion), all the more (so) as he/she is a well-known/famous artist./(especially as)
‘as much… AS’.Même règle que phrases 7 et 10 => the more room than = IMPOSSIBLE
D’autant plus que : 'All the more … as …'

12) - En perdant conscience, j'avais l'impression de tomber d'une falaise au ralenti ....
While /As I was fainting, I was feeling as if I were falling off a cliff in slow motion …(cf Love Story, when Jenny explained what she was feeling to Oliver !)
J’ai à chaque fois préféré la forme en –ing pour insister sur la durée ( subjective bien sûr …) des actions … Le temps semble très long dans ces circonstances …
‘were’ exprime l’irréel ; = comme si ! 'to be' au prétérit modal = ‘were’ à toutes les personnes.

Je vous renouvelle mes félicitations et remerciements ! Thanks for playing with me !

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de lucile83, postée le 25-09-2014 à 00:35:19 (S | E)
Merci et bravo pour cet exercice et sa correction

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de koreen2012, postée le 25-09-2014 à 05:20:27 (S | E)
pour cet exercice et pour la correction

Réponse: Exercice 15/thème grammatical de lakata, postée le 25-09-2014 à 09:16:14 (S | E)
Merci, dear here4u, pour cette copieuse et nourrissante correction !
P.S. Avec ces fraîcheurs automnales, j'avais préféré dormir avec mon bonnet de laine rouge, crocheté par mes soins, et, ô stupeur! à mon réveil, voilà que des oreilles d'âne lui avaient poussé...
Hi ! Han ! Hi ! Han ! etc.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum
Page 1 / 2 - Voir la page 1 | 2 | Fin | >>

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux