Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Ex 87/on continue

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Ex 87/on continue
Message de here4u posté le 31-08-2016 à 14:38:39 (S | E | F)
Hello, Dear All,
Voilà le N° 87 … un peu moins long que les précédents et encore tourné vers la tradition de la traduction que vous réclamez toujours … Nous allons évoluer prudemment pour que je puisse continuer sur ce rythme, qui, vous me l’avez dit, vous convient. J’ai encore de la réserve de « participation » et en fonction du début d’année, une fois les rodages terminés, je verrai si je peux relancer notre collaboration pour que chacun puisse s’amuser avec le plus de variété possible.

Donc, dans ce 87, Maxwell participe à nouveau au thème et vous devrez exprimer la suite de l’histoire d’Icare. Merci à eux !
Il y a aussi la correction d’un essai assez lamentable pour laquelle vous pourrez « m’aider ». Je sais que vous aimez bien jouer les professeurs. Alors, continuons ! Bon courage donc, pour ce qui n’est pas une reprise ! ( vous n’avez jamais arrêté !) et n'oubliez pas, vous avez toujours, THE FORCE near and with you...
Oh Dear ... I forgot to tell you that it's a and that the correction will be online on Sunday, September 11th, late as usual ! Work well !

I)Translate into English:
1. Je suis en faveur de tout ce qui développe l’unité de la famille. Certains diraient que je suis une mère abusive ....
2. Je ne me laisserai pas glisser dans un abîme de haine et de vengeance. je préfère arriver à un accord en crevant l'abcès.
3. Je ne comprenais pas où il voulait en venir ... Cet homme est un escroc et se moque de nous.
Maxwell. 4) "Ouf ! Ca fait du bien quand ça s'arrête ! Depuis 22h, on a dû subir les klaxons, les cris et les chants des supporters et les aboiements des chiens. Je n'ai qu'une hâte : dormir"
Maxwell. 5) Tu peux être fier de toi : ta petite soeur vient de se fouler la cheville en trébuchant sur une de tes billes. Tu vas me faire le plaisir de ranger ta chambre illico ou tu vas m'entendre !

II) Translate into French:
« Zenia’s memorial service was five years ago, or four and a half. It was in March. Tony can recall the day perfectly, a wet grey day that turned to sleet later. What surprised her at the time was that there were so few people there. Men, mostly, with their coat collars turned up They avoided the front row and kept trying to get behind one another, as if they didn’t want to be seen. […]
If any of these men was Billy, Tony wouldn’t have been able to tell, because she’d never met Billy. Men’s faces changed more than women’s did, over time. Or they could change them more, at will. Add facial hair and substract it.
There was no one at all that Tony knew; except Roz and Charis, of course. They wouldn’t have missed it for anything. They wanted to see the end of Zenia, make sure she was now fully (Tony’s word) inoperational. Charis’s word was peaceful. Roz was kaput.”
Margaret Atwood, The Robber Bride 1993.

III) Sequel to Icare's story...
Visiblement pressé et inquiet, le directeur entra en trombe dans la boutique et s'adressa aux deux jeunes filles.
" Laquelle de vous deux est la meilleure en anglais ? "
" C'est moi, Monsieur, j'ai effectué un séjour linguistique de quinze jours en Angleterre l'an passé ", répondit Brenda.
"Parfait, parfait , mais je doute que vous puissiez vraiment vous faire comprendre par des anglais. Il est préférable que rédigiez le texte en français. Ecrivez donc un courriel à Wilson pour lui dire que la situation est devenue catastrophique, que les parapluies gonflables ne fonctionnent pas et que la société sera bientôt en faillite. "
" Mais Monsieur, vous ne le savez donc pas? " dit Jenny
" Quoi donc, Jenny ? " répond le directeur incrédule.
" Monsieur Wilson n'a jamais eu, ni téléphone portable, ni ordinateur".

IV) "Correct me, please ..." (merci de mettre les corrections en majuscules.)
In this day, every body have decided going to that hairdresser after his holidays. There was four gentlemens before me. Long wait! When their was only two right, the man with red hairs told it's her turn. I could not think my hears! What shocking! He was arrived afterwards me and his rendez-vous was latest. He was a chit and a lier !
Too good, I thinked.... I'll have time enough for study my irregulars verbs and my grammary!

Bon courage à tous, "anciens", nouveaux et "futurs volontaires"... Don't forget the FORCE!

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 31-08-2016 19:00

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de maxwell, postée le 31-08-2016 à 16:08:39 (S | E)
Finished
Hello Here4U, and hello all !
Smashing exercise again ! I loved everything ! Thanks to all the contributors ! And most of all, thanks a lot Here4U for your correction.

I)
1. Je suis en faveur de tout ce qui développe l’unité de la famille. Certains diraient que je suis une mère abusive ....
I'm in favour of all that develops the unity of the family. Some might say that I'm an abusive mother...

2. Je ne me laisserai pas glisser dans un abîme de haine et de vengeance. je préfère arriver à un accord en crevant l'abcès.
I won't let myself slip into an abyss of hate and revenge. I prefer to lance the boil to come to an agreement.

3. Je ne comprenais pas où il voulait en venir ... Cet homme est un escroc et se moque de nous.
I didn't understand what he was driving at... That man is a crook and is making fun of us.

4) "Ouf ! Ca fait du bien quand ça s'arrête ! Depuis 22h, on a dû subir les klaxons, les cris et les chants des supporters et les aboiements des chiens. Je n'ai qu'une hâte : dormir"
Phew ! It feels so good when it stops ! We've been enduring the horns tooting, the fans screaming and singing, and the dogs barking since 10 pm. I can't wait to sleep.

5) Tu peux être fier de toi : ta petite soeur vient de se fouler la cheville en trébuchant sur une de tes billes. Tu vas me faire le plaisir de ranger ta chambre illico ou tu vas m'entendre !
I hope you're proud of yourself : your little sister has just sprained her ankle stumbling on one of your marbles. I warn you : I want you to tidy up your room pronto or else you're gonna hear about it !

II)
« Zenia’s memorial service was five years ago, or four and a half. It was in March.
Tony can recall the day perfectly, a wet grey day that turned to sleet later. What surprised her at the time was that there were so few people there.
Men, mostly, with their coat collars turned up. They avoided the front row and kept trying to get behind one another, as if they didn’t want to be seen. […]
If any of these men was Billy, Tony wouldn’t have been able to tell, because she’d never met Billy. Men’s faces changed more than women’s did, over time.
Or they could change them more, at will. Add facial hair and substract it. There was no one at all that Tony knew; except Roz and Charis, of course.
They wouldn’t have missed it for anything. They wanted to see the end of Zenia, make sure she was now fully (Tony’s word) inoperational. Charis’s word was peaceful. Roz was kaput.”

La commémoration de Zenia eut lieu il y a 4 ans et demi ou 5 ans. C'était en mars.
Tony se souvient parfaitement de ce jour, un jour gris et humide évoluant vers de la neige fondue. Ce qui l'étonna en ce temps-là fut le peu de personnes qu'il y avait.
Des hommes, pour la plupart, avec les cols de leurs manteaux retroussés. Ils évitaient le premier rang et essayaient sans cesse de se mettre les uns derrière les autres, comme s'ils ne voulaient pas être vus. [...]
Que l'un de ces hommes était Billy, Tony n'aurait pas su le dire parce qu'elle ne l'avait jamais rencontré. Les visages des hommes changeaient davantage que ceux des femmes avec le temps.
Ou bien ils pouvaient les changer davantage, comme bon leur semblait. Ajouter de la barbe et l'enlever. Tony ne connaissait absolument personne ; à part Roz et Charis, bien sûr.
Ils ne l'auraient manquée pour rien au monde. Ils voulaient voir la fin de Zenia, s'assurer qu'elle était maintenant totalement (selon l'expression de Tony) "inopérationnelle" . Celle de Charis était "en paix". Celle de Roz : "naze".

III)
Visiblement pressé et inquiet, le directeur entra en trombe dans la boutique et s'adressa aux deux jeunes filles.
" C'est moi, Monsieur, j'ai effectué un séjour linguistique de quinze jours en Angleterre l'an passé ", répondit Brenda.
"Parfait, parfait , mais je doute que vous puissiez vraiment vous faire comprendre par des anglais. Il est préférable que rédigiez le texte en français. Ecrivez donc un courriel à Wilson pour lui dire que la situation est devenue catastrophique, que les parapluies gonflables ne fonctionnent pas et que la société sera bientôt en faillite. "

Obviously worried and in a rush, the manager hurtled into the shop and spoke to the two young girls.
"Which one of you two is the best in English ?"
"I am, sir, I spent a two-week language study holiday in England last year" Brenda answered.
"Excellent, excellent, but I doubt you'll be really able to make yourself understood by the English. You'd better write in French. Now, write an email to Wilson to tell him that the situation has become catastrophic, that the inflatable umbrellas do not work, and that the company is on the verge of going bankrupt"
"But sir, don't you know it ?" Jenny said
"Know what, Jenny?" the sceptical manager answered (*)
"Mr Wilson has never had either a cell or a computer".
(*) J'ai traduit "répondit" plutôt que "répond" pour rester dans le passé

IV)
[ON] [THAT] day, [EVERYBODY] [HAD] decided [TO GO] to [THE] hairdresser['S] after [THEIR] holidays. There [WERE] four [GENTLEMEN] [WAITING] before me. [IT WAS SUCH A ] long wait! When [THERE] [WERE] only two [FAIR MEN LEFT IN THE QUEUE], [THAT] man with red [HAIR] [SAID] it [WAS] [HIS] turn. I could not [BELIEVE] my [EARS]! What [A SHOCK]! He [HAD] arrived [AFTER] me and his [APPOINTMENT] was [LATER THAN MINE]. He was a [CHEAT] and a [LIAR] !
["SO MUCH THE BETTER"], I [THOUGHT]... ["]I'll have [ENOUGH] time [TO] study my [IRREGULAR] verbs and my [GRAMMAR]!["]

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de taiji43, postée le 01-09-2016 à 17:19:47 (S | E)
Dear Here good afternoon and my best thanks to you for this 87th test.. before the traditional “Back to school”…
The try is FINISHESD ;
However I know that ,to me, a few sentences are still hanging in the balance.!
Thanks to Maxwell and Icare for their joyful creative writings

Translate into English:
1. Je suis en faveur de tout ce qui développe l’unité de la famille. Certains diraient que je suis une mère abusive .
I am in favour of everything that is developing the family unit. Some people might say, I am an abusive mother...

I will not letting myself be slipped into an abyss of hatred and vengeance I’d rather come to an agreement to clear the air

I didn’t understand what he was driving at...this man is a crook and is looking down his nose at us

Maxwell 4) "Ouf ! Ca fait du bien quand ça s'arrête ! Depuis 22h, on a dû subir les klaxons, les cris et les chants des supporters et les aboiements des chiens. Je n'ai qu'une hâte : dormir":
hew ! It feels so good when everything stops ; since 10 PM we have been subjecting by hoots, shrieks, fans’ songs and dogs’ barking
I can hardly wait to get a good sleep

Maxwell 5)
Tu peux être fier de toi : Ta petite soeur vient de se fouler la cheville en trébuchant sur une de tes billes. Tu vas me faire le plaisir de ranger ta chambre illico ou tu vas m'entendre !
You should be proud of yourself, your little sister has just sprained her ankle, tripping over one of your marbles. You will do me the pleasure to tidy up your room right now. Or I will give you a piece.

« Zenia’s memorial service was five years ago, or four and a half. It was in March. Tony can recall the day perfectly, a wet grey day that turned to sleet later. What surprised her at the time was that there were so few people there. Men, mostly, with their coat collars turned up They avoided the front row and kept trying to get behind one another, as if they didn’t want to be seen. […]
If any of these men was Billy, Tony wouldn’t have been able to tell, because she’d never met Billy. Men’s faces changed more than women’s did, over time. Or they could change them more, at will. Add facial hair and substract it.
There was no one at all that Tony knew; except Roz and Charis, of course. They wouldn’t have missed it for anything. They wanted to see the end of Zenia, make sure she was now fully (Tony’s word) inoperational. Charis’s word was peaceful. Roz was kaput.”

La messe de commémoration de Zénia se déroulait il y a cinq ans ou bien quatre ans et demi. C’était en mars. Tony pouvait se souvenir de ce jour parfaitement : un jour gris et pluvieux qui avait tourné en neige fondue plus tard dans la journée. Ce qui l’avait surprise sur le moment c’est qu’il y avait peu de gens présents Des hommes essentiellement, le col de leur manteau relevé .Ils évitaient le premier rang essayant de rester les uns derrière les autres comme s’ ils ne voulaient pas être aperçus.
Qu’aucun de ces homes fut Billy, Tony n’aurait pas pu le dire, car elle n’avait jamais rencontré Billy.
Avec le temps Les visages des hommes avaient changé plus que ceux des femmes et il faut bien dire qu’ils peuvent les modifier davantage qu’elles, suivant leur bon vouloir : Ajouter une barbe ou l’enlever..
Assurément, Il n’y en avait pas un seul que Tony connaissait à l’exception de Ros et de Charis évidemment…Ils n’auraient pas manqué l’événement pour rien au monde .Ils désiraient assister à la fin de Zénia, s’assurer maintenant qu’elle était
totalement non opérationnelle (mot de Tony). Le mot de Charis était : Paisible . et celui de Roz était « fichue»

III. ICARE MY BEST THANKS ICARE. The summer's real good fun here.!
Obvoiously in a hurry and worried, the boss swept in the shop and addressed the two young girls

Which one of you two is the best at English ?

That’s me, sir, I spent a fornight language holiday in England last year Brenda replied.

"Parfait, parfait , mais je doute que vous puissiez vraiment vous faire comprendre par des anglais.
That’s fine, however I doubt that you can make yourself understood by the English

Il est préférable que rédigiez le texte en français. Ecrivez donc un courriel à Wilson pour lui dire que la situation est devenue catastrophique, que les parapluies gonflables ne fonctionnent pas et que la société sera bientôt en faillite.
. It would be better if you composed the text in French. Therefore write a letter to Wilson telling him the situation.

But Sir, well you might not know? Jenny said

What was that Jenny ?replied the manager incredulously
Mister Wislson nevehad any cell phone or computer

IV) "Correct me,
TO DATE, EVERYBODY HAS decided TO GO THIS hairdresser after his holidays. There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me. SUCH A Long wait! When THERE WERE JUST two, the man with red HAIR SAYS: it's MY turn. I could not BELIEVE my EARS! What A shocking BEHAVIOUR . He HAD arrived AFTER me and his APPOITMENT was LATER. THAN MINE He was a CHEATER and a lier !
CALM DOWN , I WAS THINKING... I'll have ENOUGH TIME TO study my IRREGULAR verbs and my GRAMMAR!

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de ouvea, postée le 01-09-2016 à 18:38:19 (S | E)
Exercice 87/on continue …
Hello Here4u,
Hello everybody,
Prêt à être corrigé.

I'm in favour of everything which can develop the unit of the family. Some could say that I'm an abusive mother...

2. Je ne me laisserai pas glisser dans un abîme de haine et de vengeance. Je préfère arriver à un accord en crevant l'abcès.
I won't let me slide in that heatred and vengeance abyss. I prefer to reach an agreement in order to clear the air.

I couldn't understand where he was going with that... That man is a swindler who is scoffing at us.

Maxwell. 4) "Ouf ! Ca fait du bien quand ça s'arrête ! Depuis 22h, on a dû subir les klaxons, les cris et les chants des supporters et les aboiements des chiens. Je n'ai qu'une hâte : dormir"
"Phew! Good to see it stop! Since 10 PM, we have had to bear car horns, supporters' cries and songs besides barking dogs. I just have one fervent wish: to sleep."

Maxwell. 5) Tu peux être fier de toi : ta petite soeur vient de se fouler la cheville en trébuchant sur une de tes billes. Tu vas me faire le plaisir de ranger ta chambre illico ou tu vas m'entendre !
You can be very proud of you: your little sister has just sprained her ankle by tripping over one of your marbles. It would be nice to tidy up your room right now or you're going to hear me!

"L'enterrement de Zenia s'était déroulé cinq ans auparavant ou quatre ans et demi. C'était en mars. Tony se souvient parfaitement de ce jour-là, un jour gris et humide qui se transforma en grésil un peu plus tard. Ce qui l'avait surprise à l'époque c'était qu'il s'y trouvait si peu de personnes. Des hommes, pour la plupart, avec le col de leur manteau relevé. Ils évitaient le premier rang et essayaient de rester les uns derrière les autres, comme s'ils ne souhaitaient pas être vus. (...)
Si l'un de ces hommes étaient Billy, Tony n'aurait pas été capable de le dire, parce qu'elle n'avait jamais rencontré Billy. Le visage des hommes changeait davantage que celui des femmes au fil du temps. Ou bien ils pouvaient changer plus facilement de physionomie selon leur désir, en gardant la barbe, la moustache ou en se rasant.
Il n'y avait aucune personne connue de Tony; exceptées Roz et Charis, bien sûr. Pour rien au monde, elles n'auraient voulu manquer cet événement. Elles voulaient voir la fin de Zenia, être parfaitement sures qu'elle était maintenant totalement hors d'état de nuire (selon les propres mots de Tony). Le mot de Charis était en paix. Quant au mot de Roz c'était kaput.

Obviously in a hurry and worried, the manager blew into shop and talked to both young ladies.
"Which one of you two is the best in English?"
"Yes, I am, Sir, last year I spent a two week language training in England." answered Brenda.
"Well, perfect, but I'm not sure you are able to make yourself understood properly by English.
The text would be better written in French. So write a mail to Wilson in order to explain to him how the situation has become disastrous, the inflatable umbrellas are no longer working and moreover the company will soon be bankrupt."
"Well Sir, don't you know that?" said Jenny.
"What then, Jenny? answered the incredulous manager.
"Mr Wilson has never had, either cell or computer."

In this day, EVERYBODY HAS decided TO GO to THE hairdresser'S after his HOLIDAY. There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me. A Long wait! When THERE WERE only two LEFT, the RED-HAIRED man SAID it WAS HIS turn. I could not BELIEVE my EARS! What A SHOCK! He ARRIVED AFTER me and his APPOINTMENT was THE latest. He was a CHEATER and a LIAR !
Too WELL, I THOUGHT.... I'll have ENOUGH TIME for STUDYING my IRREGULAR verbs and my GRAMMAR!

Here4u, Icare and Maxwell.

-------------------
Modifié par ouvea le 01-09-2016 18:39

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de djim21, postée le 03-09-2016 à 12:32:41 (S | E)
Hello Here4u
New thanks to you, Maxwell and Icare for your exercices.
In this times of back to school, may the FORCE be with you !
Ready for marking.
1. Je suis en faveur de tout ce qui développe l’unité de la famille. Certains diraient que je suis une mère
abusive ....
I support everything growing the family unity. Some would argue that I’m an abusive mother...

I will not let me into getting inside an abyss of hate and vengeance. I prefer to reach an agrement by lancing the boil.

I didn’t understand where he was headed… This guy is a cheat and he’s teasing us.

« Phew ! It’s nice when it stops ! Since 10pm, we had to suffer horns, cries and songs of the fans and barks of the dogs. I’m dying to sleep »

You should be proud of yourself : your younger sister has just twisted her ankle by stumbling on one of your marbles.
You’re going to please me by cleaning immediately your room otherwise you’re going to hear me !

« Il y a quatre ans et demi ou cinq ans a eu lieu la commémoration de Zenia. C’était en mars. Tony s’en rappelle parfaitement, un jour gris où l’humidité vira ensuite en grésil. Elle fut surprise d’y trouver si peu de monde. Des hommes, en majorité, avec le col de leur manteau relevé. Ils évitaient d’être au premier rang et tachaient de se placer derrière quelqu’un, comme s’ils ne voulaient pas être vus.
Si l’un d’entre eux avait été Billy, Tony n’aurait pas été à même de le reconnaître, car elle ne l’avait jamais rencontré. Avec le temps, les visages des hommes changeaient plus que celui des femmes. Ou ils pouvaient être changés encore plus, à leur gré. Laisser pousser la barbe ou la raser.
Tony ne connaissait vraiment personne ; sauf Roz et Charis, bien sûr. Ils ne l’auraient pas manquée pour n’importe quoi.
Ils voulaient voir la fin de Zenia, être sûrs qu’elle était maintenant vraiment (mot de Tony) non opérationnelle.
Le mot de Charis était tranquille. Celui de Roz était kaput. »
Margaret Atwood, La mariée du brigand

Obviously in a rush and worried, the manager, like a shot, came into the shop and spoke to both young women.
« Which of you two is the best in English ? »
« It’s me, sir, I made a language study holiday during in England fifteen days last year », Brenda answered.
« Perfect, perfect, but I doubt you can really make yourself understand by English people. It’s better you write the text in French. Write then a mail to Wilson in order to tell him that the situation has become catastrophic, that the inflatable umbrellas don’t work and the society will be soon bankrupt »
« But, sir, don’t you know it ? » Jenny says.
« What, Jenny ? » the incredulous manager answers.
« Mr Wilson never had, neitheir mobile, nor computer. »

In this day, every body have decided going to that hairdresser after his holidays. There was four gentlemens before me. Long wait! When their was only two right, the man with red hairs told it's her turn. I could not think my hears! What shocking! He was arrived afterwards me and his rendez-vous was latest. He was a chit and a lier !
Too good, I thinked.... I'll have time enough for study my irregulars verbs and my grammary!

ON this day, EVERYBODY have decided TO GO to THIS hairdresser after holidays. There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me. Long wait ! When THERE WERE only two right, the RED HAIRED man SAID it WAS HIS turn. I couldn’t BELIEVE my hears ! SHOCKING ! He CAME AFTER me and his RENDEZVOUS was LATER. He was a CHEAT and a LIAR !
SO good, I THOUGHT… I’ll have ENOUGH TIME TO study my IRREGULAR verbs and my GRAMMAR !

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de alpiem, postée le 05-09-2016 à 14:16:51 (S | E)
N° 87 on continue,le 2sept 2016
Hello Here4u and thanks for these exercices.
It's ready for evaluation

1. Je suis en faveur de tout ce qui développe l'unité de la famille. Certains diraient que je suis une mère abusive ....
I'm advocating anything which promotes family unity. Some people would say that I am un abusive mother.
I would not let me slip into an abyss of hatred and revenge. I would rather reach an agreement by resolving the
situation.
I was not making sense of where he was getting at...That man is a crook and he is making a fool of us.
Phew! it does feel good when it ends! Since 22 o'clock we have been enduring the fan's honkings, shoutings, and
singings and dog's barkings. I can't hardly wait to sleep.
You can be proud of you: your little sister has just sprained her ankle when stumbling over one of your marbles.
Do me the favour of putting away your room right now or I'll be coming after you!

" Monsieur Wilson n'a jamais eu, ni téléphone portable, ni ordinateur
Obviously in a hurry, the boss stormed into the shop and addressed the two young girls.
___Which one of you is the best in english?
___I am Sir, I spent a fortnight in England last year for a linguistic stay, answered Brenda.
___Perfect,perfect, but I'm not sure you could actually make yourself understood by the English people.You'd rather
write the text in french. Do write a couriel to Wilson in order to tell him that the situation has become catas-
-trophic, that the inflatable umbrellas don't work and that the company will soon go bankrupt.
___But Sir, you don't know yet? said Jenny.
___What then, Jenny? answered the boss, incredulously.
___Mr Wilson has never got either any mobile phone or any computer of him.

ON this day, every body HAD decided TO GO to that hairdresser after his holidays. There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me. Long waitING! When THERE WERE only two LEFT, the man with red HAIR told iT WAS HIS turn. I could not BELEAVE my EARS! HOW CHOCKING! He HAD arrived aFTER me and his rendez-vous was lateR. He was a chEATER and a liAR !
Too good, I thOUGHT.... I'll have time enough TO study my irreGULAR verbs and my gramAR!

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de here4u, postée le 05-09-2016 à 16:59:43 (S | E)
Hello !
L'une d'entre vous m'a signalé une erreur de N°de tests à réviser dans la correction de l'ex. 86(donnés dans le N°I). Ce test renvoyait lui-même à une autre leçon ... Je vous les ai mis en bleu ...
Merci à elle ! : plusieurs en fait : de bien faire les révisions que je préconise, d'être aussi serviable et surtout aussi sérieuse !
Il y en a qui suivent ... Bonne semaine. et bon courage !

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de taiji43, postée le 05-09-2016 à 18:04:57 (S | E)
Hello Here4U, (test 86th)
Actually, a test number raised problem, however everybody is, for sure, endeavouring to study all your tests without forgetting anyone of them.
Do not despair, trust us.
My best thanks and have a nice day.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 05-09-2016 20:22

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de here4u, postée le 05-09-2016 à 19:44:03 (S | E)
Hello taiji! hello Dears!
Don't worry! I TRUST you and I know that you're not working (only... ) for me, but because you want to improve your English.
I know how Learners work (even when repeated advice) and I know what procrastination is too... I also know you're big girls and boys... (oops! sorry, women and men !) Don't worry... I know you know that I think you're all very deserving and GREAT!

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de tereda, postée le 06-09-2016 à 12:36:15 (S | E)
HELLO HERE4U, hello everyone
My answers for this exercise.

1. I'm in favor of anything that develops family unity. Someone would say that I am abusive mother.
2. I will not let myself slip into an abyss of hatred and revenge. I prefer to reach an agreement by puncturing the abscess.
3. I didn't understand where he wanted to come . This man is a crook, and he's mocking us.
Maxwell. 4) Phew! It feels so good when that stops. Since 22 O'clock, we've had to bearing warnings, shouts and songs of supporters, and the dogs barking; I can't wait to go and sleep.
Maxwell. 5) You can be proud of you ! your little sister has just sprained her ankle, tripping over one of your balls. You do me the pleasure to clean your room right now or you're going to hear me!

Le service commémoratif de Zenia avait eu lieu il y avait 5 ans, ou 4 ans et demi. C'était en Mars. Tony se rappelait parfaitement de ce jour-là, un temps gris, humide, qui allait donner de la neige fondue, un peu plus tard. Ce qui l'a surprenait à cette époque, ( ce qui l'a surprise ce jour là, ) c'était qu'il y avait eu si peu de gens....
Les hommes, pour la plupart, avaient le col de leurs manteaux relevé ; ils évitaient d'être au premier rang, et s'arrangeaient pour rester les uns derrière les autres, comme s'ils ne voulaient pas être vus. Si l'un d'entre eux était Billy, Tony aurait bien eu du mal à le dire, vu qu'elle ne l'avait jamais rencontré. Le visage des hommes change plus que celui des femmes, au fil du temps. Ou bien, ils pouvaient aussi changer volontairement, en ajoutant ou réduisant leur pilosité. Il n'y avait personne que Tony connaissait ; excepté Roz et Chariz, bien sûr. Ils n'auraient voulu manquer cela pour rien au monde. Ils voulaient voir le départ de Zenia, pour être surs qu'elle ne pourrait maintenant plus jamais - c'était les mots de Tony- être opérationnelle. Les mots de Charis étaient paisibles. Roz était KO.

Obviously worried and stressed, the manager burst into the shop and asked to the young girls :
- Which of you is the best in English ?
- I do, sir, I did an English language course for a fortnight in England, last year.
- Perfect, perfect, but I doubt that you were able to be understood by British ! It would be better if you write a text in French. Please, write a mail to Mr Wilson, to tell him that the situation here has become catastrophic, that inflatables umbrellas are not working and that the company will soon be bankrupt.
- But, Sir, you don't know it , says Jenny ?
- What, Jenny, answers the manager, incredulous.
Mr. Wilson had ever had nor mobile phone neither computer !

IV) "Correct me, please
THIS DAY, everyone had decided TO GO TO THEIR hairdresser after (his) HOLIDAYS. There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me. A Long TIME waitING ! When THERE WERE only two ones LEFT, the man with red HAIR told it WAS HIS her turn. I couldn't not BELIEVE my EARS! I WAS shocking! He was arrived AFTERwards me and his rendez-vous appointment was lateR. He was a CHEAT and a LIAR ! VERY good, I thought thinked.... I'LL HAVE TIME ENOUGH TO STUDY MY IRREGULAR VERBS AND MY GRAMMAR!

to you
READY FOR CORRECTION
Thanks

-------------------
Modifié par tereda le 07-09-2016 11:57

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de here4u, postée le 07-09-2016 à 01:01:49 (S | E)
hello !
Time's flying! 5 more days before the deadline... Still a lot of time to work and post.
If you're running out of time to do the whole work, I'd rather have two perfect exercises than four mediocre ones...
Some extra "FORCE" for you to make you recover from your holiday.

Edit: Please, .... don't post at the last moment please... I have a lot of work and want to make sure of doing everything correctly...

I started sending your individual corrections tonight.

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de icare29, postée le 07-09-2016 à 23:22:39 (S | E)
Hello Here4u , and all hardworkers , OK FOR CORRECTION
Here4u and Maxwell
Into English:
1._I am in favour of everything that stimulates the unity of the family, someone would say I am an abusive mother

2) I won't let me to slip into an abyss of hate and of vengeance.I'd rather reach to an agreement by bursting the abcess

3)I didn't understand what he had in his mind,....That man is a crook and he is moking us

Maxwell. 4) Phew , it feels so good when it stops , since 10pm we have been enduring car horns, fans' whoopings and singing, dogs yappings . I can hardly wait to go and sleep

Maxwell. 5) You can be proud of yourself : your little sister has just sprained her ankle when stumbling over one of your marbles. you'll do me the pleasure of tiding up your bedroom right now or you will hear of me.

II) Into French:
« Zenia's memorial service was five years ago, or four and a half. It was in March. Tony can recall the day perfectly, a wet grey day that turned to sleet later. What surprised her at the time was that there were so few people there. Men, mostly, with their coat collars turned up They avoided the front row and kept trying to get behind one another, as if they didn't want to be seen. [?]
If any of these men was Billy, Tony wouldn't have been able to tell, because she'd never met Billy. Men's faces changed more than women's did, over time. Or they could change them more, at will. Add facial hair and substract it.
There was no one at all that Tony knew; except Roz and Charis, of course. They wouldn't have missed it for anything. They wanted to see the end of Zenia, make sure she was now fully (Tony's word) inoperational. Charis's word was peaceful. Roz was kaput.?

La cérémonie d'enterrement de Zenia s'était tenue voici 5 années , ou peut-être quatre années et demi. C'était un mois de mars. Tony se rappelle parfaitement cette journée, le temps était gris et humide et plus tard des averses de grêle s'étaient abattus. La surprise fut pour elle de constater le peu de personnes présentes à cette cérémonie . Les hommes particulièrement, avec le col de leur manteau relevé, évitaient de se tenir sur la première rangée et continuaient d'essayer de se positionner les uns derrière les autres comme s'ils souhaitaient ne pas être vus. Si l'un de ces hommes avait été Billy Tony n'aurait pas été capable de le dire parce qu'elle ne l'avait jamais rencontré. Les visages des hommes changent davantage au fil du temps que ceux des femmes et puis d'autres raisons de changement existent , comme se laisser pousser la barbe ou bien encore se la raser .
Tony ne connaissait personne à l'exception naturellement de Roz et de Charis .
Pour rien au monde elles auraient manqué d'assister à la cérémonie .Elles avaient souhaité être présentes à la mise en terre de Zenia pour être absolument certaines qu'elle fût devenue à tout jamais "Inopérante" ( c'était le mot de Tony), Le mot de Charis " En paix" ,celui de Roz "Terminé".....

Apparently worried and in a hurry, the manager was storming into the shop and addressed to the two Young girls.
" Which one of you two is the best in English?
"I am , sir , I spent a fornight language holiday in England last year", answered Brenda
" well, perfect, but I doubt you can really make yourself understood by English .
The text would be better written in French .So write a mail to Wilson which will explain to him how the situation is now disastrous,that the umbrellas are not operational at all,and that the company will be soon in bankrupt
" But, sir ,you didn't know that?" said Jenny
" what's that "replied the incredulous manager
" Mister Wilson has ever had neither mobile phone nor computer

IV),
In THAT day, EVERYBODY DECIDED TO GO that hairdresser'S after THEIR HOLIDAY. There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me.IT WAS SUCH A Long wait! When THERE WAS only two MEN LEFT, the RED-HAIRED man SAID it WAS HIS turn. I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EARS! What A SHOCK! He was arrived AFTER me and his APPOINTMENT was THE latest. He was a CHEATER AND A LIAR

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de here4u, postée le 09-09-2016 à 22:52:04 (S | E)
hello !
Normally, you should all have received your individual corrections. if not, do protest !
still 2 more days to post ... Come on, shy ones ... Go for it !

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de joe39, postée le 10-09-2016 à 17:20:54 (S | E)
Hello dear here4u.
Here is my try, ready to be corrected.

I'm in favour of anything that increases family unity. Somebody would say that I'm a possessive mother...
I won't let myself to slip into an abyss of hatred and revenge. I prefere to reach an agreement by blowing up the abscess, highlighting the truth.
I didn't understand what he was getting at...This man is a crook and makes fun of us.
Maxwell. 4) "Ouf ! Ça fait du bien quand ça s'arrête ! Depuis 22h, on a dû subir les klaxons, les cris et les chants des supporters et les aboiements des chiens. Je n'ai qu'une hâte : dormir"
Phew! It feels good when stops!
After having compulsory undergone to horns' sound, supporters' shouts and choruses and the barking of dogs
since 22 hours, I' m in a great hurry: that of going to sleep.
You can be proud of yourself : your little sister has just sprained her ankle after tripping over a marble of yours.
You must do me the favour to tide up you’re your room right now, or you’re going to hear me.

If any of these men was Billy, Tony wouldn’t have been able to tell, because she’d never met Billy. Men’s faces changed more than women’s did, over time. Or they could change them more, at will. Add facial hair and subtract it.
Le service commémoratif de Zena était il y-a cinq ans, ou quatre ans et demi. Il était en Mars. Tony peut se rappeler le jour parfaitement : une journée gris et humide que plus tard se tourna en grésil.
Ce qui le surprit à l’époque fut qu’il avait si peu de gens là-bas. Pour la plupart c'étaient hommes, avec les cols de leur manteaux relevé. Ils évitaient de se placer au premier rang et essayaient de se disposer l'un derrière l'autre comme s'ils ne voudraient être vu. Si l'un de ces hommes était Billy, Tony n'aurait pas été à mesure de le dire, parce qu'elle ne l'avait jamais rencontré. Les visage des hommes changent plus que ceux des femmes, avec le temps. Ou ils pourraient changer de plus à volonté. Pousser la barbe, des moustaches et/ou les couper/éliminer.
Il n’y avait personne qui Tony connaissait, sauf Roz et Charis, bien sûre.
Ils ne seraient pas manqué d'être présent pour quoi que ce soit dans le monde. Ils voulaient voir la fin de Zena, s'assurer qu'il était complètement (parole de Tony) "inopérant". Le mot de Charis était "paisible": Roz était détruite.

Visibly worried and harassed, the manager burst into the shop, asking to the two girls:
"Which one of you two is the best at English?
"It's me, sir, I did a fortnight language stay in England, last year", answered Brenda.
Fine, but I doubt you're really able to make yourself understood in English. You'd better write the message in English. So, please, write down and send an e-mail to Wilson, explaining him that, due to the fact that the inflatable umbrellas, aren't working, the situation has become catastrophic and the company is going rapidly to the bankruptcy.
"But, sir, don't you know it?"
"What should I know?" answered the sceptical manager.
" Mr. Wilson has never had either a cellphone or a computer.”

TODAY EVERYBODY decided TO GO to THE hairdresser after THEIR holidays. There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me. A long wait! When THERE WERE only two PEOPLE WAITING FOR TO HAVE THEIR HAIR CUT, the RED HAIRED man SAID/CLAIMED THAT IT WAS HIS turn. I couldn’t believe my EARS ! What A shocking BEHAVIOUR ! He was arrived AFTER me and his APPOINTMENT was THE latest. He was a CHEAT and a LIAR! Too good TO BE TRUE/SO MUCH THE BVETTER, I THOUGHT…I’ll have ENOUGH TIME TO study my IRREGULAR verbs and my GRAMMAR!

I beg your pardon for being somewhat late and thank you a lot for the fine exercise.
So long.
Joe39

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de mamou3, postée le 11-09-2016 à 08:55:25 (S | E)
Hello Here4U, Hello everybody !

I know I post my try at the last minut, if you don't have enough time no need to send me an individual correction

I. Into English

1. I'm in favour of everything that makes grow the family's unit. Some would say that I'm an abusive mother..
2. I won't let myself slip into aabyss of hatered and revenge I prefer coming to an arrangement by bursting the abscess.
3. I didn't understand what he was getting at..That man is a crook and teases us.
M4. Phew ! It does you good when it stops. Since 10 pm we had to suffer horns, shouts and songs of supporters and the barkings of dogs. I'm dying to do one thing : Sleep !
M5. You can be proud of yourself : your little sister has just sprained her ankle stumbling on one of your marbles. You will please me and clean your room right away otherwise you are going to hear me !

II. En français

La commémoration de Zénia eut lieu il y a 5 ans ou quatre ans et demi. C'était en mars. Tony peut se rappeler ce jour à la perfection, un jour gris et humide qui devint du grésil plus tard. Ce qui l'avait étonnée à ce moment-là, c'était qu'il y avait peu de monde là. Des hommes pour la plupart avec le col de leurs manteaux relevés. Ils évitaient le premier rang et essayaient de se placer les uns derrière les autres comme s'ils ne voulaient pas être vus. Tony n'aurait pas su dire si un des hommes était Billy parce qu'elle n'avait jamais rencontré Billy. Au fil du temps, les figures des hommes changent plus que celles des femmes. Ou bien, ils pourraient à volonté les changer plus. Ajouter de la pilosité faciale ou en retirer. Il n'y en avait pas un que Tony connaissait à l'exception de Roz et de Claris bien sûr. Ils n'auraient manqué ça pour rien au monde. Ils espéraient voir la fin de Zénia, être certains qu'elle n'était vraiment plus opérationnelle ( dixit Tony). Le terme de Charis était : en paix. Celui de Roz était : foutue.

III. Icare's sequel

Clearly in a hurry and worried, the manager went into the shop like a shot and spoke to the two young women.
-'Which of both of you is the best in English?'
- 'I'm, Sir, I did a fortnight language-learning in England last year,Brenda said.
- 'Great, great but I doubt you'll really be able make yourself understood by English people. It would be better to write the text in French So, write an email to Wilson to tell him that the situation became disastrous, the inflate umbrellas don't work and that the company will soon be bankrupt'.
- 'But Sir, you don't know that ? Jenny said.
- 'What exactly, Jeny ? ' the manager answered.
- 'Mr Wilson never had either mobile phone or computer !'

IV. Correction
ON THAT day, EVERYBODY have decided TO GO to THE hairdresser after THEIR holidays. There WERE four GENTLEMEN WAITING before me. SUCH A long wait! When THERE WERE only two FAIR MEN LEFT , the man with red HAIR SAID it's HIS turn. I could not BELIEVE my EARS! What A SCHOCK! He HAD arrived AFTER me and his APPOINTMENT was AFTER THE MINE. He was a CHEAT and a LIAR !
IT'S BETTER, I THOUGHT.... I'll have ENOUGH TIME TO study my IRREGULAR verbs and my GRAMMAR!

Thank you all of you again for these exercises !

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de chrys, postée le 11-09-2016 à 15:02:52 (S | E)
Hello every everybody ! Hello Here4u !
With the start of the school year, I have only found a little time today do do the fourth part of the exercise. Pfff, pfff, I am breathless, I have run not to be late ...
Here is my very very very little try : (ready to be corrected)

--->THIS DAY, EVERYBODY HAS decided TO GO to THIS hairdresser after his holidays. There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me. Long wait! When THEY WERE only two LEFT, the man with red HAIR told it WAS HIS turn. I could not BELIEVE my EARS! SO shocking! He ARRIVED afterwards me and his RENDEZVOUS was THE latest. He was a (chit ???) and a lier !
VERY good, I THOUGHT.... I'll have time enough TO study my IRREGULAR verbs and my GRAMMAR!

I add the translation into French

---> La commémoration de Zenia avait eu lieu cinq ans plus tôt, ou 4 ans et demie. C'était en mars. Tony peut se souvenir de ce jour parfaitement, un jour humide et gris qui avait tourné en neige fondue plus tard. Ce qui l'avait surprise à ce moment-là, c'était qu'il y avait si peu de monde. Des hommes, en majorité, avec le col de leurs manteaux remonté. Ils évitaient le rang de devant et ils continuaient d'essayer de se mettre derrière les autres, comme s'ils ne voulaient pas être vus.. [...]
Si un de ces hommes était Billy, Tony n'aurait pas été capable de le dire, parce qu'elle n'avait jamais rencontré Billy. Les visages des hommes changeaient plus que ceux des femmes au fil du temps. Ou il pouvaient plus se transformer. Ajouter du poils sur le visage et en enlever.
Il n'y avait personne que Tony connaissait ; excepté Roz et Charis, bien sûr. Elles n'auraient loupé cela pour rien au monde. Elles voulaient voir la fin de Zenia, être certaines qu'elle était maintenant pleinement (le mot de Tony) non-opérationnelle. Le mot de Charis était pacifique. Roz était détruite.

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de here4u, postée le 11-09-2016 à 23:59:53 (S | E)
Hello, Dear All of You,(holiday-makers or not!), Hello Dear Ronald !
Here is the collective correction. It's ready and I hope I will have enough time to finish with it tonight. (If not, don't worry, I'll go on tomorrow...)
So... You found this N°87 difficult... and I'm not the only responsible one for this feeling...
Icare has even managed to do something I had never done to you... the perfect trap where everyone has fallen... Icare, not for the trap, since you've made the mistake too... but for the contribution. to Maxwell too. His sentences always give you (and me...) a hard time! Congrats to both of you... (By the way, you're not done with Maxwell 's difficult sentences, since he's given me a lot! )
Well! Let's see, now!

I) Translate into English:
I’m in support of anything that fosters family unity. Some would say I’m an overbearing mother…
- in support of/ advocate /
- all that develops/ all that promotes/ ATt = ALL THAT (* surtout pas what)
- abusive mother = violent or injurious; ceci ne convenait pas du tout ici. C’est l’autre sens de « mère abusive » qu’il fallait traduire !
"Se dit de quelqu'un qui, abusant de liens affectifs, maintient une personne, en particulier un enfant, dans une grande dépendance : Mère, épouse abusive."
En savoir plus sur Lien internet
= overbearing mother
= domineering; dictatorial; haughtily or rudely arrogant. & of overwhelming or critical importance.

2. Je ne me laisserai pas glisser dans un abîme de haine et de vengeance. Je préfère arriver à un accord en crevant l'abcès.
I won’t let myself go/slip down this abyss of hatred and payback. I'd rather clear the air, putting my foot down.

- “je ne me laisserai pas” : quelqu’un parle de soi-même. => « let myself go » (surtout pas d’infinitif complet !)
- payback (informel) pour revenge/ vengeance
- haine = hate = hatred
- I’d rather reach an agreement(un peu formel)/ clear the air/
- lancing the boil/putting my foot in it / putting my foot down

I couldn’t understand what he was at... This man is a crook and is playing us.

- je ne comprends pas = I can’t understand…
- Vouloir en venir = to drive at => to be driving at/ to be at something/
- un escroc = a crook/ a cheat/ a swindler/
- se moquer de nous : to tease (ne convenait pas ici = taquiner ; c’est gentil !)/ to make fun of / to play someone/ to laugh at

Maxwell 4) "Ouf ! Ca fait du bien quand ça s'arrête ! Depuis 22h, on a dû subir les klaxons, les cris et les chants des supporters et les aboiements des chiens. Je n'ai qu'une hâte : dormir"
Phew… That feels really good when it does stop! Since 10 pm, we’ve had to put up with car honking, supporters screaming and singing along, and dogs barking… I can’t wait for a good sleep!

- That feels good/ That hits the spot/ that’s just what I needed/ I sure needed that/ that does a world of good/
- endure = suffer/ be subjected to/ put up with/ endure
- to blast the horn/ to hoot / to beep/ to toot /to honk/ to sound the horn/ horns tooting
- I can’t wait for a good sleep/ I’m looking forward to sleeping/ I’m longing for a good sleep/

Maxwell 5) Tu peux être fier de toi : ta petite soeur vient de se fouler la cheville en trébuchant sur une de tes billes. Tu vas me faire le plaisir de ranger ta chambre illico ou tu vas m'entendre !
You can be proud of yourself: your younger sister has just sprained her ankle, skidding over one of those marbles of yours! Now, you’d better tidy up your room in a jiffy, little boy! If not, you’ll get a piece of my mind!

- se fouler la cheville = to sprain one’s ankle
- “trébucher” = stumble over/ trip over/ font penser à un obstacle fixe (une marche, une pierre, un tapis …) J’ai préféré to slide (slid, slid) / to slip/to skid
- pour “faire le plaisir de », je n’ai pas eu envie de parler de “plaisir” ! C’est ici une “manière de parler” ! … Vous commencez à me connaître … j’irais plutôt vers la menace « You’d better do/ You’re going to/ you’d be well advised to/ you’d be wise to/
- You’ll hear about it!/ get the rough side of my tongue!/ get a piece of my mind!

L’hommage funéraire à Zenia a eu lieu il y a quatre ans et demi ou cinq ans. C’était en mars. Tony se souvient parfaitement de cette journée : un jour gris et humide qui tourna ensuite au grésil. Ce qui l’a surprise à ce moment là, était le fait qu’il y ait si peu de monde. Des hommes, pour la plupart, le col du manteau relevé… Ils évitaient / fuyaient le premier rang et n’arrêtaient pas d’essayer de se glisser à l’arrière, comme s’ils ne voulaient pas être vus …
Si l’un de ces hommes était Billy, Tony n’aurait pas pu le dire car elle n’avait jamais vu Billy. Le visage d’un homme (*) change plus que celui d’une femme (*) avec le temps. Et aussi, il pouvait le changer davantage, quand bon le lui semblait. Ajouter barbe ou moustaches, les raser …
Il n’y avait personne que Tony connaissait, sauf Roz, et Charis, bien sûr ! Pour rien au monde elles n’auraient manqué cette cérémonie. Elles voulaient voir la fin de Zenia, être certaine qu’elle était «hors d’état de nuire» (comme le disait/dixit Tony). L’expression donnée par Charis était « en paix » et Roz disait « rétamée » !

- “A memorial service” n’est pas (toujours) un enterrement, et encore moins une « messe ». Cette réunion pour évoquer la mémoire du défunt se tient souvent dans des lieux divers (chez un particulier par exemple, mais aussi dans un parc, parfois à l’endroit où le défunt sera enterré – cimetière ou jardin privatif - d’autres fois même, sans la « présence du défunt ».)
- Dès le début de l’extrait, nous savons que Tony est une femme (« What surprised her… ») Même sans connaître le reste du texte, il était clair que Roz est une femme et Charis est nettement un prénom féminin. Zénia leur a rendu la vie impossible, d’où leurs sentiments à son égard à la fin. Le titre est parallèle à « The Robber Bridegroom » (un des contes de Grimm.)
- Inopérationnelle/ hors d’état de nuire / inoffensive
- kaput= rétamée/ bousillée/ fichue/ morte/ hors service.

* Sur le plan grammatical : une seule difficulté : « le pluriel concret ». (« Men came in with hats on their heads and pipes in their mouths ». Bien entendu chaque homme n’a qu’une tête et qu’une bouche, mais en tout, il y en a plusieurs et le pluriel est obligatoire en anglais, contrairement au français. Ne JAMAIS mettre ce pluriel dans une version !

III)Sequel to Icare's story...
Clearly in a hurry and worried, the manager rushed into the shop and addressed the two young ladies.
- rushed into/ stormed into/ hurtled into/ burst into/

"Which of you is better at English?"
- Là, vous m’avez fait mal ! D’abord, to be good at English/ to be bad at maths.OK, je passe !
- Mais surtout … (et ce n’est pas moi qui ai dressé le piège … mais vous êtes tous tombés dedans … ) « Laquelle de vous deux est la meilleure …. » ne pouvait pas être plus clair ! La comparaison était bien demandée entre DEUX personnes … et ne peut donc être exprimée QUE PAR UN COMPARATIF.

I am, Sir. I spent a fortnight in England last year, in a language study holiday, Brenda answered.
- Bien remarquer qu’en français vous mettez “demanda Brenda”, “dit-il” etc. alors qu’en anglais, l’inversion ne se fait pas.
- « a fortnight » = / = two weeks/ fifteen days// a two-week stay/ a fifteen-day stay

« Great, great, but I doubt you could really make yourself understood by Natives. You’d better write a text in French. Do send an e-mail to Wilson telling him we’re in dire straits and that the inflatable umbrellas are not working. Soon, our company will go bankrupt.
- “vous faire comprendre” : Icare a voulu vous faire réemployer “to make oneself understood” que nous avions revu récemment. Merci icare !
- You’d better write/ it would be better if you wrote/
- “Ecrivez donc!” = forme emphatique (insistance) = Do send…
- Une situation catastrophique = the situation is catastrophic/ in a desperate situation/ in dire straits
- « les parapluies ne fonctionnent pas » => aspect progressif nécessaire.
- « faire faillite » = to go bankrupt.

"Mais Monsieur, vous ne le savez donc pas?" dit Jenny
But Sir, don’t you know ? Jenny said.
" Quoi donc, Jenny ?" répond le directeur incrédule.
What, Jenny? the incredulous manager replied.
Mr Wilson has never used/had/owned a cell phone or a computer…
- Ici, grosse difficulté pour certains à cause des doubles négations : “he has NEVER had A …. and A … »/ has never had either a… or a …/ * NEVER …. NEITHER …. NOR = IMPOSSIBLE!
- Attention aussi que “he hasn’t got" est UN PRESENT SIMPLE et « * he has never got » ne convient donc pas...

IV ) Correct me, please ... (merci de mettre les corrections en majuscules.)
Too good, I thinked.... I'll have time enough for study my irregulars verbs and my grammary.

ON THAT day, EVERYBODY HAD decided TO GO to that hairdresser’S after THEIR holidays (HOLIDAY). There WERE four GENTLEMEN before me. A long wait TO EXPECT! When THERE WERE only two LEFT, the man with red HAIR
SAID IT WAS HIS turn. I couldn’t BELIEVE my EARS! HOW shocking! He HAD arrived AFTER me and his APPOINTMENT was LATER; He was a CHEAT and a LIAR!
VERY good, I THOUGHT… I’ll have ENOUGH TIME TO study my IRREGULAR verbs and my GRAMMAR!

Tell me if you need any more explanations about this last exercise...
Congratulations to all of you! Thank you for all your messages and kind words. Good luck for N° 88 (with the FORCE, of course! ) Go for it!
Edit:
Je ne pouvais plus avoir d'aperçu ... Il y a un bug couleur dans le dernier exercice ... mais je dois me lever très tôt tout à l'heure ... (je pense avoir réparé ... mais plus de temps de vérifier et refaire si nécessaire ...
Bug couleur réparé, mais l'horrible Machine se venge et fait un bug "police" ... Je laisse!

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 12-09-2016 06:50
Bug police réparé.

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de here4u, postée le 12-09-2016 à 12:55:02 (S | E)
Hello !
Allez, pas de panique ! I'm out of breath... merci choco, pour tes relectures toujours très attentives ... et Lucile d'avoir réparé mes bêtises et celles de la Machine ! ("Les Caprices de la Machine" bien qu'"habituée", je ne m'y résignerai jamais ...)

J'ai mis "little boy", tout en remarquant, et regrettant le sexisme de la phrase de Maxwell... mais bon, il avait mis "fier"... Grrrr!
J'espère qu'il n'y a plus d'autres oublis ou typos ...(Pas facile de ne pas avoir d'aperçu sur le Forum ...)
Me voilà repartie à courir ...

Réponse : Ex 87/on continue de here4u, postée le 13-09-2016 à 08:45:48 (S | E)
Hello!

Ah, ben non ! GRRRRR! Le 88 a été conçu pour être fait en un temps raisonnable .... Mais peut-être veux-tu dire que tu as dormi deux nuits sur mon exercice! lol lol

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux