Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Le temps qui passe/Thème (2)

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Page 2 / 2 - Voir la page Haut | 1 | 2 | Fin | En bas
Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de lakata, postée le 10-06-2011 à 15:40:23 (S | E)
Hello Lucile and thank you for giving this exercise.

Time goes by,

I remember well that day we first met. As if it were yesterday. And yet, it happened a long time ago, I am definitely certain of it. You were playing on the lawn with a yellow ball which you couldn't catch. I saw you again the day after and you looked up at me, then you went back and played with the ball. I got used to coming every second day and I sometimes had a feeling that you had been waiting for me. Then, I would come every day.I must have watched you playing for hours within one month. I stopped coming when I saw a little girl pick you up and stroke you, you the little she-cat I loved so much without even knowing you.

Thank you again, Lucile.

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de aghis, postée le 11-06-2011 à 11:09:16 (S | E)
Hello,

the passing time
I remember the day i met you.It seems it was yesterday; nevertheless, I'm sure, it happened long ago. You were playing on the lawn with a yellow ball I didn't succeed to catch. I had come back to see you the following day and you looked at me then you returned to play with your ball. I took the habit to come to see you all the two days and sometimes, I had the impression that you were waiting for me. I then decided to come everyday. I must had watched you play for hours in a month. i stopped coming the day I saw a little girl took you in her arms and stroked you, you the little cat I so loved without even knowing.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 11-06-2011 12:52

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de lucile83, postée le 12-06-2011 à 09:53:48 (S | E)

Hello

Voici quelques remarques, pas bien méchantes,rassurez-vous.

1) Attention à l’emploi des temps; c’est un récit , une histoire passée donc on a utilisé le prétérit très souvent, notamment avec ago.
2) J’ai trouvé intéressante l’idée de remanier la dernière phrase pour la traduire ‘à l’envers’ et ouf ! aucune sensation ou nuance n’a été oubliée ; c’est un jeu dangereux …de même que rajouter des choses…
3) hapenned … what’s that ? and abble ? and happenned ?
4) I must have look …il manque –ed ….looked
5) can not s’écrit en un seul mot : cannot
6) aaahhh , en un mois !! j’avoue que j’ai bataillé comme certain(e)s d’entre vous pour trouver une bonne traduction. Et comme souvent, le plus simple est le mieux.
7) Il faut écrire ‘I’ et pas ‘i’ ; c’est une faute.
8) this day where…non car on est dans le temps, pas dans le lieu, et ne pas traduire mot à mot du français.
9)Attention à l'usage de 'get used to' suivi d'un gérondif.

Ce texte était moins facile que le précédent, mais il faut varier les plaisirs. Vous avez eu d’autant plus de mérite de venir poster votre traduction sur le forum, surtout les débutants ; et certain(e)s n’ont pas résisté à l’invitation du chat…so cute !

Merci à toutes et tous pour votre participation. N’hésitez pas à me contacter si vous avez des questions à poser.
Talk to you later !   

Voici ma proposition:

The time that flies
I remember that day when I met you. It seems as though it was yesterday; yet it happened for sure a long time ago. You were playing on the lawn with a yellow ball that you were not able to catch. I saw you again the following day and you looked at me, then you went back and played with your ball. I got used to going by every other day and I sometimes felt as if you were waiting for me. Then I walked past every day. I must have watched you play for hours during that month. I stopped coming when I saw a little girl take you in her arms and stroke you, you the baby she-cat I loved so much without even knowing you.

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de headway, postée le 12-06-2011 à 10:20:08 (S | E)
Hi Lucile,

good morning. There comes a time when you realize that translating is more intricate than it seems, LOL. Thanks for your correction.

Headway.

PS: By the way I have kittens to give away. Any taker? md

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de code7, postée le 12-06-2011 à 10:38:31 (S | E)
Hi Lucile,

Thanks for the correction. I discovered this pleasant exercise last week although I've been registered on this site for quite a while now!
I'm not sure using the right tenses but I'm going to practise again and again.
I followed the different proposals with a great interest.
I can't wait for the next exercise! May you tell me how frequent they are?

Thanks again.

Regards

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 12-06-2011 11:08

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de lucile83, postée le 12-06-2011 à 11:24:14 (S | E)
Hello code7,

I am afraid I can't answer your question as it depends on inspiration.I may have an idea either in 5 minutes or in 10 days
You have to watch the topics on the forum and perhaps try the other exercises as well.
Your translation is not bad at all anyway, except 2 mistakes about the past tense.

Hello headway,

I am sure you'll find someone interested in your kittens!

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de aneth-estragon, postée le 12-06-2011 à 11:45:35 (S | E)
Hello Lucile !
for this exercise and correction !
Talking about kittens, (no, sorry, Headway, I'm not taking them), Lucile :
I thought it could just as well have been a "small-sized adult cat" (especially since it was that obvious to a distant observer that it was female )

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de code7, postée le 12-06-2011 à 11:47:19 (S | E)
Dear Lucile,

Thanks for your so quick answer.
I've just found a translation from violet91. It's a hard one, but I like it!
Take any time you need for the next one. I look forward to translating it.

Sorry Headway, good luck for the kittens anyway.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 12-06-2011 11:54

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de lucile83, postée le 12-06-2011 à 12:07:59 (S | E)
Hello code7,

Fine for violet's exercises; you should have a look at notrepere's exercises too.

Hello aneth-estragon,

Would you be pernickety my dear? or splitting hairs?
Of course it is possible to watch an adult cat for hours, but generally people get crazy about kittens.

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de eos17, postée le 12-06-2011 à 12:08:20 (S | E)
Lucile for your correction .Have a nice Sunday .Eos

-------------------
Modifié par eos17 le 12-06-2011 14:04

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de hanifa, postée le 12-06-2011 à 12:25:26 (S | E)
Hello Lucile, Hello everybody,

Many thanks Lucile for the correction and for this lovely text.

See you soon and have a nice day all.

Hanifa

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de sanna6, postée le 12-06-2011 à 14:19:29 (S | E)
Bonjour Lucile,

Merci beaucoup pour la correction et vos remarques.
Il y a un point que je ne comprends pas, c'est cette formulation pour :

- you the baby she-cat I loved so much without even knowing you

Pourquoi, s'il vous plaît "the baby she-cat", ....C'est une expression ?

Merci bien!

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de lucile83, postée le 12-06-2011 à 14:26:23 (S | E)
Hello sanna,

Oui c'est pour préciser qu'on parle d'une femelle.
En Angleterre vers mes 15 ans je parlais d'un cheval en employant 'he'..jusqu'au moment où la propriétaire du ranch m'a dit en souriant: 'she is a she' je ne me suis plus jamais trompée

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de charlotte74, postée le 12-06-2011 à 15:46:42 (S | E)

Hello Lucile,

J'ai corrigé mon texte, c'était très interressant
Néanmoins une question:

Pourquoi "I stopped coming when I saw a little girl take ..........
et non pas "taking" :
"I stopped coming when I saw a little girl taking ..........

Est-ce une règle grammaticale ?

Merci
Have a great Sunday
See you soon

Charlotte

-------------------
Modifié par charlotte74 le 12-06-2011 15:51

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de sanna6, postée le 12-06-2011 à 15:50:09 (S | E)
Merci Lucile, je retiendrai

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de lucile83, postée le 12-06-2011 à 15:56:31 (S | E)
Hello charlotte,

On peut utiliser l'infinitif sans to ou le participe présent en -ing après les verbes de perception; mais ici selon le sens du verbe, l'action en elle-même ne dure pas très longtemps donc on utilise l'infinitif:
...stopped coming when I saw a little girl take ...

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de thiernobil, postée le 12-06-2011 à 17:25:59 (S | E)
hello,

The time that passes I remember this day where I met you.He seems that it was yesterday.However it was arrived there is long time;I am sure .you were playing in the field with a yellow ball that you weren't arriving to catch.I met you again the next day you looked at me,then you returned back to play with your ball.I have the habit to pass all both days and sometimes I was having the impression that you waited me.Since then I came every day .I must absolutely eagerly watch you play for hours in one month.I stopped coming when I saw you,the little she cat I did love so much without obvious reason in the arms of a little girl who was gently caressing you.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 12-06-2011 17:31
Merci de lire le corrigé posté le 12-06-2011 à 09:53

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de violet91, postée le 12-06-2011 à 18:31:25 (S | E)
Hello dear Lucile and all,

Thank you ever so much for such a charming text !

As time passes* by ,

...I remember exactly the day when I first set my eyes on you. A vivid memory as if it were yesterday. Still, I can tell for sure it was *a long time ago. There on the grass* you were , patting a yellow ball (that) you just couldn't catch. I saw you again the following day ; then, you looked up at me and went back *to your ballgame. I got used to coming every two days and I sometimes had the feeling it was me you were waiting for. I must have watched you for hours within a month . I stopped paying you a visit at the moment when I saw a little girl cuddling and stroking you , pretty little she-cat* I loved so much without even knowing you.

* As time goes by .
* I know for sure .
* It took place.
* The lawn.
* went back playing with your ball.
* A girl cat. Les connaisseurs ne s'y trompent pas ( à quelques mois). Fines, grâcieuses et un peu 'mijorées'. A l'âge adulte,leur ossature et visage demeurent plus délicats et leur ventre peut être un peu plus 'flasque 'à cause des portées. Ou alors , elles deviennent de 'grosses mémères' reconnaissables entre mille !

Tu as bien dit de choisir, mais tu sais bien que ' choisir , c'est éliminer'(le crève-coeur) et qu'il y a plusieurs façons suivant les interprètes !

Tiens ! Pour toi, Lucile qui aimes les chattounes !

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de lucile83, postée le 12-06-2011 à 20:03:11 (S | E)
Merci dear violet!

Il faut bien choisir donc éliminer, et c'est le fait de choisir les mots qui donne autant de force et de passionnantes hésitations lors d'une traduction.

Merci pour ta participation

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de fidji28, postée le 13-06-2011 à 09:21:54 (S | E)
Hello,

the time which goes.
I remember the day when i met you.It minds it was yesterday; until it was arrived a longtime ago, i'm sure.You were playing on the grass with a yellow ball that you couldn't catch.I saw you next day and you looked at me, then you returned to play with your ball.I got use to come every days.I have had looked at you for hours in one month.I have stopped coming when i saw a little girl holding each other in her arms and stroking you, you the little cat i've loved without to know you.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 13-06-2011 09:25

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de frentchy, postée le 14-06-2011 à 23:51:56 (S | E)
Hello everybody,

As times goes by.

I remember the day when I met you.it seems that it was yesterday,it was very long time ago, I'm certain, you played on the field with a yellow ball that you did not happen to catch. I was looking at you the following day and you looked at me, then you went to play with your ball.I get into the habit to come every two days and sometimes I was under the impression that you waited for me.So I came everyday.I must look at you playing many times for a month. I decided to stop when I saw a little girl holding you in her arms and stroking you, and you,the little she-cat who I was so much in love, without knowing anything about you.

Thanks and I want would like to have your suggestions about my translation, please....

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 15-06-2011 06:05

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de sundeep, postée le 16-06-2011 à 23:00:55 (S | E)
Hello Lucile

How time goes by
I remember that day when I met you. To me it seems yesterday; however, it took place a long time ago, definitely! You were playing on the lawn with a yellow ball you did not manage to catch. I saw you again the day after and you looked at me. Then you resumed your ball game. I got into the habit of coming past the place every other day and sometimes I had the feeling you were waiting for me. Then I came past every day. I must have watched you for hours within one month. I stopped coming when I saw a little girl hold you in her arms to stroke you, oh You! little she-cat I loved so much without knowing you.

Merci pour l'exercice

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-06-2011 05:59

Réponse: Le temps qui passe/Thème de desigirl, postée le 06-07-2011 à 13:53:17 (S | E)
Hello Lucile,
Thank you for posting those exercises
Here is my translation:

As time goes by
I remember this day when I met you. It seems to me that it was yesterday; yet it happened long time ago, I am sure. You were playing on the lawn with a small yellow ball that you could not catch.
The following day, I saw you again and you looked at me, then you went back to play with your ball. I was used to pass by every other day and sometimes I had the feeling that you were waiting for me. I then came everyday. I might have been watching you for hours in a month. I stopped comming when I saw a little girl cuddling and fondling you.
You, the unknown little kitten I've loved so much.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 06-07-2011 13:58

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Exercices du forum
Page 2 / 2 - Voir la page Haut | 1 | 2 | Fin | En bas

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux