Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Myths and heroes / Bac

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Myths and heroes / Bac
Message de manoon2 posté le 10-05-2018 à 12:47:12 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
pourriez-vous corriger ma notion d'anglais pour mon oral de Bac.
Merci d'avance pour votre aide.
Bonne journée.

The notion I am going to talk about is the notion of myths and heroes. We can define an hero as someone who does extraordinary things and usually considers the others as more important than himself. A myth is a story which told from generation to generation. People can become myths if they stay in people's minds. Now, I will talk about slaves who dared.
The question I would like to ask is: To what extent can slaves become myths and heroes?

To begin with, I will speak about slavery and then I will talk about some slaves who become heroes and myths thanks to their actions.
First of all, I want to explain quickly what was slavery in America. Slavery begun in the sixteenth century. Egyptians invented slavery and twenty five to thirty million people were deported. Many millions of African died on slave ships or in wars and raids because the life's conditions were frightful. Indeed, slaves were used to exploit land, and gold and sliver mines.

I would like to speak more about the "Middle passage". Slaves are crammed in the boat, they couldn't stand up because the roof was low during the journey between Africa and America. When they survived they were sold to plantation in the West Indies or the southern colonies of America, where they spent the rest of their lives working on cotton or coffee plantation. The slave-produced goods were shipped back to Britain. The slave trade brought in huge amounts of money to Britain.

Moreover, some slaves dared to rise up. Thanks to their actions they became myths and heroes for the others slaves.

Indeed, in class we saw Olaudah Equiano' story. He was a former slave who published his life story in 1789. He explained that, it was common for slave to be brand with the initial letter of the master's name and for heavy iron hooks to be hung around their necks. Iron muzzles and thumbscrews were also used on slaves. To finish, Equiano reported, I have seen a negro beaten till some of his bones were broken for even letting a pot boil over. To my mind, Equiano was an hero because he overcame his fears and today he's a myth because he decided to unveil the truth about slavery conditions.

In addition to Equiano, there were other slaves who dared. For example Harriet Tubman. She saved three hundred slaves over the span of eleven years. For example Harriet Tubman. She saved three hundred slaves over the span of eleven years. She feared she would be sold away from her family in 1849, because she was seen as a sickly person. She escaped thanks to the underground rail rood, so she was a runaway. She was a respect woman because she escaped twice, the first time with her brothers and then a second time.
Barack Obama named her an American hero. She was also a hero because she was successful in leading slaver to the North. She sacrificed her own life to rescue others.

To conclude, in 1865 there was the abolition of slavery. Since this date, slaves are become heroes, and more than heroes if they decided to overcome their fears and helped the others slaves like Harriet. They became myths because their stories are know all over the world.

This notion makes me think about this notion makes me wonder if: Can other non-slave people be heroes? [Arnaud Beltrame, military, attacks, March 24th, he decided to take the
place of hostages in the supermarket]

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 10-05-2018 14:52

Réponse : Myths and heroes / Bac de laure95, postée le 10-05-2018 à 18:36:55 (S | E)
Bonsoir,
- A myth is a story which (is) told from generation to generation.
- what was slavery: ordre des mots.
- Slavery begun (faute de conjugaison)in the sixteenth century.
- twenty (tiret)five to thirty million people were deported.
- Slaves (passé)are crammed in the boat,
- When they survived they were sold to plantation (pluriel)
- on cotton or coffee plantation: même remarque.
- the others (pas de s)slaves.

- Indeed, in class we saw Olaudah Equiano' (s)story.
- He explained that, it was common for slave (pluriel)to be brand (participe passé)
- rood: orthographe.
- She was a respect (participe passé) woman
- in leading slaver to the North.

- Since this date, slaves are become heroes: since + present perfect.
- They became myths because their stories are know (participe passé)all over the world.

- This notion makes me think about this notion makes me wonder if: mal dit.

Réponse : Myths and heroes / Bac de here4u, postée le 11-05-2018 à 14:11:56 (S | E)
Hello!

The notion I am going to talk about is the notion of myths and heroes. We can define an hero as someone who does extraordinary things and usually considers the others as more important than himself. A myth is a story which told(auxiliaire de la forme passive manquant!) from generation to generation. People can become myths if they stay in people's minds. Now, I will talk about slaves who dared.
The question I would like to ask is: To what extent can slaves become (part of) myths and heroes?

To begin with, I will speak about slavery and then I will talk about some slaves who become heroes and myths thanks to their actions.
First of all, I want to explain quickly what was slavery (interrogative indirecte, ici!) in America. Slavery begun in the sixteenth century. Egyptians invented slavery and twenty five to thirty million people were deported. Many millions of African died on slave ships or in wars and raids because the life's conditions were frightful. Indeed, slaves were used to exploit land, and gold and sliver mines.

I would like to speak more about the "Middle passage". Slaves are crammed in the boat, they couldn't stand up because the roof was low during the journey between Africa and America. When they survived they were sold to plantation in the West Indies or the southern colonies of America, where they spent the rest of their lives working on cotton or coffee plantation. The slave-produced goods were shipped back to Britain. The slave trade brought in huge amounts of money to Britain.

Moreover, some slaves dared to rise up. Thanks to their actions they became (part of) myths and heroes for the others slaves.

Indeed, in class we saw Olaudah Equiano' story. He was a former slave who published his life story in 1789. He explained that, it was common for slave to be brand with the initial letter of the master's name and for heavy iron hooks to be hung around their necks. Iron muzzles and thumbscrews were also used on slaves. To finish, Equiano reported, "I have seen a negro beaten till some of his bones were broken for even letting a pot boil over. "To my mind, Equiano was an hero because he overcame his fears and today he's a myth because he decided to unveil the truth about slavery conditions.

In addition to Equiano, there were other slaves who dared. For example Harriet Tubman. She saved three hundred slaves over the span of eleven years. For example Harriet Tubman. She saved three hundred slaves over the span of eleven years. She feared she would be sold away from her family in 1849, because she was seen as a sickly person. She escaped thanks to the underground rail rood, so she was a runaway. She was a respect woman because she escaped twice, the first time with her brothers and then a second time.
Barack Obama named her an American hero. She was also a hero because she was successful in leading slaver to the North. She sacrificed her own life to rescue others.

To conclude, in 1865 there was the abolition of slavery. Since this date, slaves are become heroes, and more than heroes if they decided to overcome their fears and helped the others slaves like Harriet. They became myths because their stories are know all over the world.

This notion makes me think about this notion makes me wonder if: Can other non-slave people be heroes? [Arnaud Beltrame, military, attacks, March 24th, he decided to take the place of hostages in the supermarket]

Réponse : Myths and heroes / Bac de manoon2, postée le 11-05-2018 à 16:09:12 (S | E)
Bonjour,
voici ma correction, merci pour votre aide !

The notion I am going to talk about is the notion of myths and heroes. We can define a hero as someone who does extraordinary things and usually considers the others as more important than himself. A myth is a story which is told from generation to generation. People can become myths if they stay in people's minds. Now, I will talk about slaves who dared.
The question I would like to ask is: To what extent can slaves become myths and heroes?
To begin with, I will speak about slavery and then I will talk about some slaves who became heroes and myths thanks to their actions.
First of all, I want to explain quickly what slavery was in America. Slavery began in the sixteenth century. Egyptians invented slavery and twenty five to thirty million people were deported. Many millions of Africans died on slave ships or in wars and raids because their living conditions were frightful. Indeed, slaves were used to exploit land, and gold and sliver mines.
I would like to speak more about the "Middle passage". Slaves were crammed in the boat, they couldn't stand up because the roof was low during the journey between Africa and America. When they survived they were sold to plantations in the West Indies or the southern colonies of America, where they spent the rest of their lives working on cotton or coffee plantations. The slave-produced goods were shipped back to Britain. The slave trade brought in huge amounts of money to Britain.
Moreover, some slaves dared to rise up. Thanks to their actions they became myths and heroes for the other slaves.
Indeed, in class we saw Olaudah Equiano' story. He was a former slave who published his life story in 1789. He explained that, it was common for slaves to be branded with the initial letter of the master's name and for heavy iron hooks to be hung around their necks. Iron muzzles and thumbscrews were also used on slaves. To finish, Equiano reported, I have seen a negro beaten till some of his bones were broken for even letting a pot boil over. To my mind, Equiano was a hero because he overcame his fears and today he's a myth because he decided to unveil the truth about slavery's conditions.
In addition to Equiano, there were other slaves who dared. For example Harriet Tubman. She saved three hundred slaves over the span of eleven years. She feared she would be sold away from her family in 1849, because she was seen as a sickly person. She escaped thanks to the underground railroad, so she was a runaway. She was a respected woman because she escaped twice, the first time with her brothers and then a second time.
Barack Obama named her an American hero. She was also a hero because she was successful in leading slaves to the North. She sacrificed her own life to rescue others.
To conclude, in 1865 there was the abolition of slavery. Since this date, slaves have become heroes, and more than heroes if they decided to overcome their fears and helped other slaves like Harriet. They became myths because their stories are known all over the world.
This notion makes me wonder if: Other non-slave people can be heroes [Arnaud Beltrame, military, attacks, March 24th, he decided to take the place of hostages in the supermarket]

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux