Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Notion/Seats and forms of power

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Notion/Seats and forms of power
Message de terminalees posté le 25-04-2019 à 20:53:27 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
je suis en Terminale et je passe mon oral de Bac en anglais dans deux semaines. Mon niveau d'anglais reste très discutable, c'est pourquoi je viens demander votre aide pour me corriger ! Si une âme charitable voulait bien me porter secours,
merci beaucoup d'avance

The notion I'm going to speak is about Seats and Forms of Power.
First I'm going to define this notion. The power is the ability or official capacity to exercise control, authority. It can be a person, a group or a nation having great influence.
So in relation to the notion Seats and Forms of Power, my presentation will deal with this question : To what extent is gun control a tropical issue in the United States ? To illustrate this notion, we will focus on the gun control in the USA. First, I will talk about the consequences of the right to bear arms and then, I will explain why gun control can't be installed in the United States.

The right to bear arms in the USA results in many crimes or attacks with guns. In the USA, many shootings took place. As we can see in a poster of Brady campaign, in one year, guns murdered about 9 500 people in the USA. This number is really huge and it is much higher than in other countries where guns are controlled or prohibited like in Finland (17 dead) or in Australia (35 dead).
In 1999, two students shot many people at Columbine High School, in Littleton, in Colorado. It was the most deadly shooting in a high school.
In 2016, in Orlando, 50 people died in a shooting which took place in a nightclub frequented by gay people. It was the must deadly shooting of the US' story.
The right to bear arms is at the origin of many shootings and many deaths. But, tragedies are repeated without changing anything.

However, gun control can't be installed in the United States. Americans got their independance thanks to guns on 1776, conquered the West thanks to guns on 1800, and kept their nation thanks to guns on 1836. All this shows are closely linked to the use of guns. They have always relied on their guns to protect themselves.
After the shooting in Orlando, Barack Obama wanted to take measures to control weapons and to avoid other shooting. But, as all previous times, he didn't succeeded. Indeed, many American people feel safer with guns. They don't want to give them up because they have the right to bear weapons since the 2nd Amendment was written on 1791.

To conclude, on the one hand, weapons murdered many people and are at the origin of many shootings in the United States. But, on the other hand, guns are deep-rooted in American culture and History. Even if there are people like Obama who want guns control, the majority of Americans want to keep the 2nd Amendment law and have the right to bear arms. So, gun control remains an ongoing issue in the USA.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 25-04-2019 21:33

Réponse : Notion/Seats and forms of power de delf2312, postée le 27-04-2019 à 01:33:53 (S | E)

Bonjour,
Tout d’abord une petite question avant de commencer : est-ce votre professeur qui vous a proposé le mot « seat » pour traduire « lieux » ? Habituellement, il me semble que l’on dit tout simplement « Places and forms of power ».

The notion I'm going to speak is about Seats and Forms of Power.
First I'm going to define this notion. The (Power = notion donc pas de déterminant) power is the ability or official capacity to exercise control, authority. It can be a person, a group or a nation having great influence.
So in relation to the notion Seats and Forms of Power, my presentation will deal with this question : To what extent is gun control a tropical 🌴(haha ! Je pense que c’est une faute de frappe, mais c’est drôle !) issue in the United States ? To illustrate this notion, we will focus on the gun control in the USA. First, I will talk about the consequences of the right to bear arms and then, I will explain why gun control can't be installed in the United States.

The right to bear arms in the USA results in many crimes or attacks with guns. In the USA, many shootings took place. As we can see in a poster of Brady campaign, in one year, guns murdered about 9 500 people in the USA. This number is really huge and it is much higher than in other countries where guns are controlled or prohibited like in Finland (17 dead) or in Australia (35 dead).
In 1999, two students shot many people at Columbine High School, in Littleton, in Colorado. It was the most deadly shooting in a high school.
In 2016, in Orlando, 50 people died in a shooting which took place in a nightclub frequented by gay people. It was the must deadly (confusion entre must et most ? De toute manière, deadly est une adj en -y, son superlatif sera donc en -Est) shooting of the US' story.
The right to bear arms is at the origin of many shootings and many deaths. But, tragedies are repeated without changing anything

However, gun control can't be installed in the United States. Americans got their independance thanks to guns on 1776, conquered the West thanks to guns on 1800, and kept their nation thanks to guns on 1836. All this shows(mal dit) are closely linked to the use of guns. They have always relied on their guns to protect themselves.
After the shooting in Orlando, Barack Obama wanted to take measures to control weapons and to avoid other shooting. But, as all previous times, he didn't succeeded. Indeed, many American people feel safer with guns. They don't want to give them up because they have the right to bear weapons since the 2nd Amendment was written on In 1791.

To conclude, on the one hand, weapons murdered many people and are at the origin of many shootings in the United States. But, on the other hand, guns are deeply?-rooted in American culture and History. Even if there are people like Obama who want guns control, the majority of Americans want to keep the 2nd Amendment law and have the right to bear arms. So, gun control remains an ongoing issue in the USA.

Globalement, votre synthèse est plutôt bien organisée mais manque peut-être d’une opinion personnelle vers la fin. (Je ne sais pas si vous avez le droit de la donner)
. Il y a quelques erreurs mais le niveau de langue est plutôt bon. Le critère décisif de toute manière est vraiment la prononciation et l’aisance à l’oral donc entraînez-vous bien avant. Bon courage.

Réponse : Notion/Seats and forms of power de gerondif, postée le 27-04-2019 à 10:16:57 (S | E)
Bonjour
j'ai l'impression d'avoir déjà corrigé ce texte ailleurs ou un texte très semblable.
erreurs en bleu
The notion I'm going to speak is about(inversez) Seats and Forms of Power.
First I'm going to define this notion. The power is the ability or official capacity to exercise control, authority. It can be a person, a group or a nation having great influence.
So in relation to the notion Seats and Forms of Power, my presentation will deal with this question : To what extent is gun control a tropical (tropical ou topical ? On a eu chaud !!) issue in the United States ? To illustrate this notion, we will focus on the gun control in the USA. First, I will talk (causer ?) about the consequences of the right to bear arms and then, I will explain why gun control can't be installed in the United States.

The right to bear arms in the USA results in many crimes or attacks with guns. In the USA, many shootings took place. As we can see in a poster of the Brady campaign, in one year, guns murdered about 9 500 people in the USA. This number is really huge and it is much higher than in other countries where guns are controlled or prohibited like in Finland (17 dead) or in Australia (35 dead).
In 2016, in Orlando, 50 people died in a shooting which took place in a nightclub frequented by gay people. It was the must deadly (deadliest? deux syllabes en y comme happiest, silliest...) shooting of in the US' story(story ou history ??).
The right to bear arms is at the origin of many shootings and many deaths. But tragedies are repeated without changing anything. (mal exprimé)

However, gun control can't be installed in the United States. Americans got their independance thanks to guns on(on + un jour, in + une date, un mois) 1776, conquered the West thanks to guns on 1800, and kept their nation thanks to guns on 1836. All this shows (manque un morceau de phrase !! all this shows that guns are closely related...) are closely linked to the use of guns. They have always relied on their guns to protect themselves.
After the shooting in Orlando, Barack Obama wanted to take measures to control weapons and to avoid other shootings. But, as(as = comme au sens de en tant que, like = comme en comparaison) all previous times, he didn't succeeded(prétérit mal construit). Indeed, many American people feel safer with guns. They don't want to give them up because they have(present perfect avec depuis) the right to bear weapons since the 2nd Amendment was written on 1791.

To conclude, on the one hand, weapons murdered many people (Trump vous dirait, it'd ot guns who kill people, people kill people) and are at the origin of many shootings in the United States. But, on the other hand, guns are deeply (adverbe) 0rooted in American culture and History. Even if there are people like Obama who want guns control(premier élément d'un nom compsé invariable!! a brush for your teeth is a toothbrush, donc gun-control), the majority of Americans want to keep the 2nd Amendment law and have the right to bear arms. So, gun control remains an ongoing issue in the USA.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux