Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

<< Retour au forum || Aller tout en bas

Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais
Tout ce qui a un rapport avec l'apprentissage de l'anglais: grammaire, orthographe, aides aux devoirs, phrases etc.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

QCM2/correction
Message de rod777 posté le 21-05-2007 à 12:52:31 (S | E | F | I)

Hello,Everybody.

Can you check my exercise , please ?

1. I took a taxi in the airport. If I _____ the traffic was heavy . I would have taken the train.(I think 1)
1.had known
2.could know
3.were knowing
4.know

12. It is important that a staff member ______ his badge on arrival.(I think 1)
1.presents
2.present
3.to present
4.is presenting

13. We have added 2 flights to Hong Kong ______ we can handle the increased passenger volume.(I think 4)
1.for that
2.at
3.so that
4.in order to

14. Don’t _____ please I will put you through to the manager immediatlely ( I think 3)
1.hang out
2.hold up
3.hold on
4.hang up

15. The total cost, including accommodation ______ 1,970 euros.(I think 2)
1.adds up to
2.adds to
3.adds up
4.adds at

16. Services to ________ Taiwan and ________ Philippines have been cancelled.(I think 2)
1.the / the
2.no article / no article
3.the / no article
4.no article / the

17. I am carrying a lot of luggage _______ you open the door, please ? ( I think 4)
1.must
2.shall
3.could
4.may

18. When _________ make the announcement ? ( I think 2)
1.you are going
2.are you going to
3.you are going to
4.are you going

19. ______ new passengers aboard this flight ? ( I think 4)
1.Has there any
2.Are there any
3.Is there some
4.Have there some

20. Did Jane receive the passenger list ? Yes, I gave ______ yesterday.( I think 1)
1.it to her
2.him to it
3.her to him
4.it to it

Thanks a lot.

-------------------
Modifié par bridg le 21-05-2007 13:02

Réponse: QCM2/correction de willy, postée le 21-05-2007 à 13:01:15 (S | E)
Hello !

Sont correctes les phrases 1, 18 et 20.

Réponse: QCM2/correction de marlond, postée le 21-05-2007 à 13:45:53 (S | E)
12's right too. You could argue that it should be 'present' (subjunctive) but that would be very very old-fashioned, so 'presents' is right.

-------------------
Modifié par willy le 21-05-2007 16:33
As it is a grammar exercise, they expect a subjunctive (formal style) even if it may be unusual in conversations! I'd have expected a should-structure instead or better still an infinitive clause (for ... to ...).

Réponse: QCM2/correction de TravisKidd, postée le 21-05-2007 à 22:08:24 (S | E)
In fact the only correct answer is "present". There is nothing old-fashioned about using the subjunctive after "It is important that...". The subjunctive, rather than the indicative, is required here because you are saying that the staff member should present his badge, not that he does present it.

"It is important that a staff member presents his badge" is also grammatically correct, but means "A staff member presents his badge, and that is important." And this is vague, because it's not clear whether every staff member presents his badge, or just some particular but non-specified staff member.
But this is a moot question since it is highly doubtful that either is the intended meaning of the sentence as given in the exercise.

As willy points out, the subjunctive can be avoided by using an infinitive clause ("It is important for a staff member to present his badge") but an indicative cannot be so rephrased. Hence if one could make this change (were it an option), he should use the subjunctive.

The only thing "formal" about using the subjunctive is that it is correct. Unfortunately, people's mastery of language has deteriorated to the point where actually using the correct mood and tense is seen as a formality.

Réponse: QCM2/correction de rod777, postée le 22-05-2007 à 09:30:35 (S | E)
Hello,

Thanks a lot again to correct my exercice.

13.We have added 2 flights to Hong Kong for that we can handle the increased passenger volume.
14.Don't hold up please I will put you through to the manager immediatly.
15.The total cost, including accomodation adds up 1,970 euros.
16.Services to Taiwan and the Philippines have been cancelled.
17.I am carrying a lot of luggage could you open the door, please
19.Are there any news passengers aboard this flight?

Thanks . See you later.

CLIQUEZ ICI POUR REPONDRE A CE SUJET

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux