Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Test tomorrow/St Tropez (1)

<< Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

Test tomorrow/St Tropez
Message de lyly1962 posté le 23-06-2008 à 12:01:36 (S | E | F)

Hello,
Could you help me please ? I'm going to have a test tomorrow and I prepared a text about my favorite town. Someone can he help me ? Thanks a lot for your help.
Lyly

My favorite town
Saint Tropez in south-east of France is my favorite town.
When I’m going to holiday, I like going to Saint Tropez. The only problem it’s the traffic jam. A lot of tourists go to visit this town. The road is very congested. If you should visit it, it’s better to leave early. If you don’t care you can stuck in traffic during hours.
It is famous because several films had been shot over there and stars of movies have got an house in the smart areas.
Movies like “Le gendarme de Saint-Tropez” or the series “In the sun”.
I like this town and I would like to settle me there. All my family would like move there.
In the center, there are a lot of small streets where autos are forbidden.
The town has a large cultural heritage. It’s well-known for its yellow church and the Citadelle that towers the town. There are many cultural attractions like museums, art galleries …
In summer, le port of Saint Tropez is very pleasant, especially the evening. There are a lot of painters along of port. They show their painting. We can see too musicians and some play jazz. Walking along of port is very pleasant.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 23-06-2008 12:05
titre+forum

Réponse: Test tomorrow/St Tropez de nick27, postée le 23-06-2008 à 13:33:58 (S | E)
My favorite town
Saint Tropez in south-east of France is my favorite town.
When I’m going to holiday, I like going to Saint Tropez. The only problem it’s the traffic jam. A lot of tourists go to visit this town. The road is very congested. If you should visit it, it’s better to leave early. If you don’t care you can get stuck in traffic jams during hours.
It is famous because several films had been shot over there and stars of movies (=> movie stars) have got an house in the smart areas. (do you mean the area is intelligent? "smart" in american English means "intelligent". In the title you used "favorite" which is the american spelling. So you'd better stick to it and not use british english. Maybe you're mixing up the two which is a big mistake
Movies like “Le gendarme de Saint-Tropez” or the series “In the sun”.
I like this town and I would like to settle down me there. All my family would like XX move there.
In the center, there are a lot of small streets where autos are forbidden.
The town has a large cultural heritage. It’s well-known for its yellow churches and the Citadelle that towers the town. There are many cultural attractions like museums, art galleries …
In summer, le port of Saint Tropez is very pleasant, especially in the evening. There are a lot of painters along of the port. They show their paintings. We can see too musicians and some play jazz too. Walking along the port is very pleasant.

OK I noticed you wrote "center" as well so you definitely should stick to the american spelling and find the right word to say "clean, attractive" (smart in British English).
Good luck

Réponse: Test tomorrow/St Tropez de lucile83, postée le 23-06-2008 à 14:12:39 (S | E)
Hello,
nick is right; you mix British and American English.
You write all together:
favorite/holiday/movies/center...be careful
See you

Réponse: Test tomorrow/St Tropez de lyly1962, postée le 24-06-2008 à 13:25:12 (S | E)
Hello nick 27,
I thank you a lot for your help.
I have to use only british english. I made mistakes I have to write 'favourite' and 'centre'.
By "smart areas" I want to say "beau quartier".
How do you say that in brithish english, please ?
Thanks a lot too to lucile83 ... have a good day

Réponse: Test tomorrow/St Tropez de nick27, postée le 24-06-2008 à 13:27:05 (S | E)
Well I think "trendy" would be OK here
By the way, we say "have got a house". There's no "n" at the end. It escaped my attention when I first read your text.

Réponse: Test tomorrow/St Tropez de lucile83, postée le 24-06-2008 à 13:40:07 (S | E)
Bonjour,
"beau quartier" ...residential areas
See you

Réponse: Test tomorrow/St Tropez de lyly1962, postée le 24-06-2008 à 14:37:54 (S | E)
Thank a lot ... Lucile and Nick.
have a good day

POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux