Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Law and trial /fin

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Law and trial /fin
Message de bernard02 posté le 17-01-2012 à 02:20:22 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,

La correction de ces exercices, pour lesquels je vous avais sollicités, n'a pas été terminée hier soir, elle le sera lundi prochain.
>BR>
C'est pourquoi je vous remets ci-dessous ces exercices et mes réponses, et je vous redemande de bien vouloir m'indiquer si mes réponses sont correctes ou si elles peuvent être améliorées, car je les ai un peu modifiées. >BR> Je ne vous reparle plus du premier exercice car il a été corrigé et toutes mes réponses étaient bonnes, comme vous me l'aviez dit précédemment.

Merci pour votre aide.
Cordialement.

Answer the questions.

Who investigates crimes? -> Answer: it's the police who must investigate crimes.
Who sentences people? -> Answer: it's the judge who sentences people.
Who lives in cells? -> Answer: it's the prisoner convicted of the crime and sent to prison, according to the judge's decision.
Who decides if someone is innocent or guilty? -> Answer: it's the court who decides (the jury for the crimes like murders).
Who defend people and present evidence? -> Answer: it's the lawyer (or the barrister, or the attorney).
Who commit crimes? -> Answer: it's the delinquents (or offenders).
- Fill the gaps with suitable words.

I have never .............. the law and ............. a crime. -> Answer: I have never broken the law and committed a crime. Actually, I have committed minor offences, such as parking illegally and exceeding the speed limit.
In Britain it is ................ the law to drive a car without insurance. -> Answer: in Britain it is against the law to drive a car without insurance.
If you park illegaly you will have to pay a .......... -> Answer: if you park illegaly you will have to pay a fine.
The police were fairly sure that the man committed the crime, but they knew it would be difficult to ............... it in court. -> Answer: the police were fairly sure that the man committed the crime, but they knew it would be difficult to prove it in court.
The jury must decide if the accused is innocent or .............. -> Answer: The jury must decide if the accused is innocent or guilty.
In order to reach their decision, the jury must listen carefully to the ................ -> Answer: in order to reach their decision, the jury must listen carefully to all the evidence.
If the accused is .................... of murder, the .......................... may be at least ten years in prison. -> Answer: If the accused is convicted of murder, the sentence may be at least ten years in prison.
He has been in trouble with the police once before, but it was only a minor .............
-> Answer: he has been in trouble with the police once before, but it was only a minor offence (or crime).

Read this short story, then write down your response to the questions below, based on your knowledge of the law in your own country.

Two fifteen-year-old boys broke into a house in the middle of the day when the owner was out, and took money and jewellery worth about 900 pounds. The owner reported the crime to the police when she returned home at 6 p.m.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 17-01-2012 07:59

Réponse: Law and trial /fin de bernard02, postée le 17-01-2012 à 02:21:59 (S | E)
SUITE ET FIN:

Will the police investigate this crime? -> Answer: Yes, they will, the police must investigate that sort of crime.
How will they investigate? What will they do? -> Answer: I think they will speak to the boys' parents who are still responsible for the boys as they are minors.
Do you think the police will catch the two boys? -> Answer: yes, they will.
If they do, what crime will they be charged with? -> Answer: they will both be charged with burglary.
Can the boys sent to prison? -> Answer: no, I don't think so because it's only a burglary and not a murder and because of their age.
What do you think the sentence would be? Do you think this is the correct sentence?
-> I think they should be sent to a juveniles camp, or sentenced to community service. And I think it would be a good sentence for young delinquents because it's not good for them to be sent to a real prison.

Réponse: Law and trial /fin de bernard02, postée le 17-01-2012 à 02:23:08 (S | E)
SUITE ET FIN:

Will the police investigate this crime? -> Answer: Yes, they will, the police must investigate that sort of crime.
How will they investigate? What will they do? -> Answer: I think they will speak to the boys' parents who are still responsible for the boys as they are minors.
Do you think the police will catch the two boys? -> Answer: yes, they will.
If they do, what crime will they be charged with? -> Answer: they will both be charged with burglary.
Can the boys sent to prison? -> Answer: no, I don't think so because it's only a burglary and not a murder and because of their age.
What do you think the sentence would be? Do you think this is the correct sentence?
-> I think they should be sent to a juveniles camp, or sentenced to community service. And I think it would be a good sentence for young delinquents because it's not good for them to be sent to a real prison.

Réponse: Law and trial /fin de gerondif, postée le 17-01-2012 à 20:17:27 (S | E)
Bonsoir,

peu d'erreurs....

it's the police who must investigate crimes.
Je trouve ls structure "it's ......who" assez maladroite, sauf erreur, un anglais accentuerait le sujet et dirait:
The POLICE must investigate crimes.

juvenile camp ou camps for juveniles, le premier élément d'un nom composé est invariable:

shoe-laces are laces for your shoes.
a toothbrush is a brush for your teeth.
a class-room usually accommodates six or seven classes a day.

Réponse: Law and trial /fin de bernard02, postée le 17-01-2012 à 21:08:18 (S | E)
Bonsoir,

merci pour vos réponses Gerondif, mais pour "juvenile camp" je pense que je peux me contenter de mettre le nom "juvenile" au singulier, et que je n'ai pas à ajouter un trait d'union entre ces deux mots, contrairement à certains noms composés tels que "fifteen-year-old boys" par exemple.

Sommes-nous d'accord?

Merci pour votre aide.

Réponse: Law and trial /fin de gerondif, postée le 17-01-2012 à 21:41:02 (S | E)
en effet !
extrait du dictionnaire en ligne:
He was tried as a minor and sentenced to six months in juvenile hall.(sans trait d'union!)

Réponse: Law and trial /fin de bernard02, postée le 18-01-2012 à 00:17:57 (S | E)
merci, mais est-ce que vous voulez dire que je devrais plutôt remplacer "juvenile camp" par "juvenile hall" (dans le contexte)?

Réponse: Law and trial /fin de gerondif, postée le 18-01-2012 à 16:13:20 (S | E)
Bonjour,
les deux sont sans doute corrects, je ne connaissais pas juvenile hall avant de cliquer sur juvenile.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux