Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Minority Report 2/Correction

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Minority Report 2/Correction
Message de princessblood posté le 16-04-2012 à 12:57:42 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,

Pourriez-vous m'aider dans la correction de cet écrit, s'il vous plaît?
Merci d'avance!

Minority Report put a question to the members of audience. Such a question is worth we are interested in it. This question is obvious and sounds very simple. But like a philosophic essay, the subject is not easy, far from it. It is food for thought and it gives us a lot of trouble. So, henceforth, the context is clear, here the question comes: Is the future set or can free will alter the future? In other words: are we dominated by the destiny or can we ourselves decide how our future will be?
The word “determinism” suggests the presence of somebody like a god or of something like fate that decides in advance and without considering our opinion, how the next years but also all our life will unfold. The events that punctuate our life with excitation, happiness, or sadness are determined before we are even born. In my view, this impossibility to change the fact is dreadful. I can’t bear it. The idea I can’t do anything is really unbearable. That explains my non-belief in God, or whatever that can be superior and irrevocable. Minority Report is an American film. And yet, we know that the United State is a country where the Christian tradition is deeply established in the lifestyle, “the American way of life”. That leads us in the following conclusion: the movie would have to confirm the existence of God. However, it is not the case. The reality is just the opposite. Because of a happy-ending where the heroes, John Anderton manage to stand in the way of fate, that is to say God, the incarnation of power, influence over the human-being. In fact, this end in the movie shows the rise of human being compared to the all-powerful position of God. This example of reversal allows us to express without mistake that in the life, there is the possibility of altering our destiny, of going against our Creator (and even of contesting the existence of God). We can close this part by saying that if someone believes in God, is a regular practicing Catholic, it is not impossible for them to change is future. Nevertheless, if this person absolutely wants not to challenge the truth of the superiority of God, so he makes impossible the eventuality of altering the future, of making his decision and taking his life in hands. It is not my standpoint: it leads us to my next point.
We saw the hypothesis of altering the future for a believer. But what about the situation for a non-believer, a pure atheist? It is what we will try hard to discover in this paragraph. Anyway, an atheist always refuses to accept that a god exists. Therefore the determinism doesn’t exist in their idea of life. Still, the non-belief in something supernatural doesn’t inevitably rule out the possibility of someone keeps an eye on us. This is the principle of agnosticism. A person without religion but not without faith constitutes the perfect and excellent example of the struggle between the free will of the individual and the possible determinism of their life. In Minority Report, we can notice that we never know the religion of the principal character. It is very interesting. It shows us the willingness of Spielberg to have the power of totally changing the mind of John. Thanks to what is left unsaid, the character is free to be opposed to the inevitable of the life. I am agnosticism and personally, I tend to believe more in the abilities of humans that in a person, seated on a cloud, who makes sure the lives go smoothly. If not, it is too odd. Generally speaking, I think the free will can be defeat the determinism. However, what will happen if in fact our victory had been decided in spite of all by the determinism itself?
As far as I can understand what I write, I can say that I don’t finally have a real opinion about this difficult subject. There are too many different and complex notions that we have to consider. So my mind becomes confused. That aside, in conclusion I would say that the struggle between free will and determinism depends on the person and their religion. I reckon that there is no only one answer to the question. There is no winner or loser, only personal cases.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-04-2012 13:28

Réponse: Minority Report 2/Correction de bluestar, postée le 16-04-2012 à 16:31:17 (S | E)
Hello,

Minority Report puts a question to the members of the audience. Such a question is worth worthwhile and we are interested in it. This question is obvious and sounds very simple. But like a philosophic essay, the subject is not easy, far from it. It is food for thought and it gives us a lot of trouble. So, henceforth, the context is clear, here the The question comes is: Is the future set or can free will alter the future? In other words: are we dominated by the destiny or can we ourselves decide how our future will be?
The word “determinism” suggests the presence of somebody like a god or of something like fate that decides in advance and without considering our opinion, how the next years but also all our life will unfold. The events that punctuate our life with excitation, happiness, or sadness are determined before we are even born. In my view, this impossibility to change the fact the course of events is dreadful. I can’t bear it. The idea I can’t do anything is really unbearable. That explains my non-belief in God, or whatever that can be superior and irrevocable. Minority Report is an American film. And yet, we know that the United States is a country where the Christian tradition is deeply established in the lifestyle, “the American way of life”. That leads us in to the following conclusion: the movie would have to confirm the existence of God. However, it is not the case. The reality is just the opposite. Because of a happy-ending where the heroes, John Anderton manages to stand in the way of fate, that is to say God, the incarnation of power, influence over the human-beings. In fact, this end in the movie shows the rise of human beings compared to the all-powerful position of God. This example of reversal allows us to express without mistake that in the life, there is the possibility of altering our destiny, of going against our Creator (and even of contesting the existence of God). We can close this part by saying that if someone believes in God, is a regular practicing Catholic, it is not impossible for them to change is future. Nevertheless, if this person absolutely wants not to challenge the truth of the superiority of God, so then he makes impossible the eventuality of altering the future, of making his decision and taking his life in his hands. It is not my standpoint: it leads us to my next point.
We saw the hypothesis of altering the future for a believer. But what about the situation for a non-believer, a pure atheist? It is what we will try hard to discover in this paragraph. Anyway, an atheist always refuses to accept that a god exists. Therefore the determinism doesn’t exist in their idea of life. Still, the non-belief in something supernatural doesn’t inevitably rule out the possibility of someone keeps keeping an eye on us. This is the principle of agnosticism. A person without religion but not without faith constitutes the perfect and excellent example of the struggle between the free will of the individual and the possible determinism of their life. In Minority Report, we can notice that we never know the religion of the principal character. It is very interesting. It shows us the willingness of Spielberg to have the power of totally changing the mind of John. Thanks to what is left unsaid, the character is free to be opposed to the inevitable (noun not adjective needed) of the life. I am agnosticism (adjective not noun needed) and personally, I tend to believe more in the abilities of humans that in a person, seated on a cloud, who makes sure the lives go smoothly. If not, it is too odd. Generally speaking, I think the free will can be defeat the determinism. However, what will happen if in fact our victory had been decided in spite of all by the determinism itself?
As far as I can understand what I write, I can say that I don’t finally have a real opinion about this difficult subject. There are too many different and complex notions that we have to consider. So my mind becomes confused. That aside, in conclusion I would say that the struggle between free will and determinism depends on the person and their religion. I reckon that there is no only one answer to the question. There is no winner or loser, only personal cases.

-------------------
Modifié par bluestar le 16-04-2012 16:33
-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 16-04-2012 16:42

Réponse: Minority Report 2/Correction de princessblood, postée le 16-04-2012 à 16:58:49 (S | E)
Merci!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux