Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Trip to England / Correction

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Trip to England / Correction
Message de boahancock posté le 25-06-2012 à 19:37:28 (S | E | F)
Hello everybody !

I'm in the class "anglais section euro.". I went to England and I have to write a little book for the "baccalauréat", in which I summarize what I did there, and how was my trip was. I wrote a "little" summary of my trip, and afterwards I will tell in details the examiners three particular moments.
- the guided tour about Jack the ripper
- shopping in Harrods
- free time in Piccadilly Circus or the Science Museum)
Could you please proofread my text?
Thank you for your help.

Here is my summary of the trip in general :

"My trip to England in some words :

It's nice to remember that I went to England between March 29 and April 5, 2011.

To start, I'm going to summarize what I did during the trip, because it doesn't come down to the some moments I will show you, no, this unforgettable trip was perpetual joy.
On Thursday, March 29, I arrived in St Pancras by Eurostar after having taken the train between Epinal and Paris. Soon afterwards, I visited the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle and I had an afternoon snack in Hyde Park. It was a magical moment when I ate by the water with my best friends. We took photos and we shout with joy in the Park. At last we went to host families, I cooked cookies with my correspondent who I had already met in France during the exchange.

The day after I arrived, I went to a guided tour about “Jack the ripper” with Mr E.Simon. This moment is enduring. It was like I were living in Jack the ripper age. Mr Simon's story and probably the fact that we were on the crime scene drew me into Jack the ripper's era. In the afternoon, I saw Saint Paul's, I took photos with my friends on the Millennium bridge, and I looked at the Tate Modern and the Globe. Like the other days I went to my host family and day by day, I realized that I was closer and closer with my host family.

The following day was Saturday and it was obviously the weekend. My correspondent was very cool an d she wanted me to see Camden Market, when we ate a “fish and chips”, which was the best food I had never eaten in England, it was just delicious. After having ate this typical English food, we went to Westfield Shopping Center in Stratford to do shopping. There, I bought a travel bag Fred Perry and a scarf Guess for my mother.

On Sunday, we had a lie in and in the afternoon, we went to Oxford Street when we did shopping, again. The weekend was just the best moment in the trip when I had fun with my best friends !

A new week began and it meant the trip was just beginning. On Monday, April 2, we went to Westminster by tube when we visited Westminster Palace when I could look at the throne of the Queen Victoria, the paintings, and to my great surprise we had a picnic in a park. After this short lunch break, we went took the tube to go to Whitehall. Then, we walked to Saint James's Park and we saw Buckingham Palace. Later, we went to Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden.
I finally came back to my host family.

On Tuesday, April 3, my teachers wanted to visit the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum but we didn't have so much time so they asked us we had to choose between these two museums. As a scientific student, I choose the Science Museum, of course. It was just incredible ! There were many games, stuffed animals... After a short time, we went to Harrods when we spent a lot of time, to tell the truth we spent the morning in the shop. This morning was quite simply fairy tale. I took the Egyptian escalator which was just beautiful and I saw objects which now I can only dream one day I would be able to buy them. I bought a Teddy bear, because it was so pretty and I was unable to resist. We came back to the Lycée Français where we had lunch. After lunch, we leave for Neasden Temple, an Hindu temple in the Neasden suburb of London, with Mr Zane. After the visit, my English teacher, Mr Remy, bought us to Tesco Hypermarket to buy typical English food. In the evening, I came back to my host family.

I've been just one week there and I realized that it was unfortunately the day before the end of the trip.
I leave for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon. We ate a sandwich and we visited the British Museum, we walked to Leicester square and we did shopping in Piccadilly Circus. There, I bought a t-shirt Superdry for my father and a toy in Hamley's for my little sister.
I went to my host family around eighteen o' clock.

On the last day, Thursday, April 5, I exchange my phone number and my address with my correspondent, Lara. We've been already in touch and we are very close friends."

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 26-06-2012 00:21

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de sherry48, postée le 26-06-2012 à 03:48:39 (S | E)
Hello. You can start by taking another look at the areas where I've marked some of the problems.

My trip to England in some words :

It's nice to remember that I went to England between March 29 and April 5, 2011.

To start, I'm going to summarize what I did during the trip, because it doesn't come down to the some moments I will show you, no, this unforgettable trip was perpetual joy.
On Thursday, March 29, I arrived in St Pancras by Eurostar after having taken the train between Epinal and Paris. Soon afterwards, I visited the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle and I had an afternoon snack in Hyde Park. It was a magical moment when I ate by the water with my best friends. We took photos and we shout with joy in the Park. At last we went to __ host families, I cooked (There is a better verb.) cookies with my correspondent who I had already met in France during the exchange.

The day after I arrived, I went to a guided tour about “Jack the ripper” with Mr E.Simon. This moment is enduring. It was like I were living in Jack the ripper age. Mr Simon's story and probably the fact that we were on the crime scene drew me into Jack the ripper's era. In the afternoon, I saw Saint Paul's, I took photos with my friends on the Millennium bridge, and I looked at the Tate Modern and the Globe. Like the other days I went to my host family and day by day, I realized that I was closer and closer with my host family.

The following day was Saturday and it was obviously the weekend. My correspondent was very cool and she wanted me to see Camden Market, when we ate a “fish and chips”, which was the best food I had never eaten in England, it was just delicious. After having ate this typical English food, we went to Westfield Shopping Center in Stratford to do __ shopping. There, I bought a travel bag Fred Perry and a scarf Guess for my mother.
Sherry

On Sunday, we had a lie in and in the afternoon, we went to Oxford Street when we did __ shopping, again. The weekend was just the best moment in the trip when I had fun with my best friends !

A new week began and it meant the trip was just beginning. On Monday, April 2, we went to Westminster by tube when we visited Westminster Palace when I could look at the throne of the Queen Victoria, the paintings, and to my great surprise we had a picnic in a park. After this short lunch break, we went took the tube to go to Whitehall. Then, we walked to Saint James's Park and we saw Buckingham Palace. Later, we went to Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden.

On Tuesday, April 3, my teachers wanted to visit the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum but we didn't have so much time so they asked us we had to choose between these two museums. As a scientific student, I choose the Science Museum, of course. It was just incredible ! There were many games, stuffed animals... After a short time, we went to Harrods when we spent a lot of time, to tell the truth we spent the morning in the shop. This morning was quite simply __ fairy tale. I took the Egyptian escalator which was just beautiful and I saw objects which now I can only dream one day I would be able to buy them. I bought a Teddy bear, because it was so pretty and I was unable to resist. We came back to the Lycée Français where we had lunch. After lunch, we leave for Neasden Temple, an Hindu temple in the Neasden suburb of London, with Mr Zane. After the visit, my English teacher, Mr Remy, bought us to Tesco Hypermarket to buy typical English food. In the evening, I came back to my host family.

I've been just one week there and I realized that it was unfortunately the day before the end of the trip.
I leave for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon. We ate a sandwich and we visited the British Museum, we walked to Leicester square and we did __ shopping in Piccadilly Circus. There, I bought a t-shirt Superdry for my father and a toy in Hamley's for my little sister.
I went to my host family around eighteen o' clock.

On the last day, Thursday, April 5, I exchange my phone number and my address with my correspondent, Lara. We've been already in touch and we are very close friends."

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 26-06-2012 à 23:31:47 (S | E)
Hello sherry48 and thank you for your answer !

Here are some corrections I tried to do :

My trip to England in a few words / in short :

To start, I'm going to summarize what I did during the trip, because it doesn't come down to the short moments I will show you, no, this unforgettable trip was perpetual joy.
On Thursday, March 29, I arrived in St Pancras by Eurostar after having taken the train between Epinal and Paris. Soon afterwards, I visited the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle and I had an afternoon snack in Hyde Park. It was a magical moment when I ate by the water with my best friends. We took photos and we shouted with joy in the Park. At last we went to our host families, I cooked made (There is a better verb.) cookies with my correspondent who I had already met in France during the exchange.

The day after I arrived, I went on?(simple intuition) a guided tour about “Jack the ripper” with Mr E.Simon. This moment was enduring enthralling. It was like I were living in Jack the ripper's age. Mr Simon's story and probably the fact that we were on at the crime scene drew me into Jack the ripper's era. In the afternoon, I saw Saint Paul's, I took photos with my friends on the Millennium bridge, and I looked at the Tate Modern and the Globe. Like the other days I went to my host family and day by day, I realized that I was closer and closer with my host family.

The following day was Saturday and it was obviously the weekend. My correspondent was very cool and she wanted me to see Camden Market, where we ate a “fish and chips”, which was the best food I had never eaten in England, it was just delicious. After having ate eaten !(la faute ...) this typical English food, we went to Westfield Shopping Center in Stratford to do some shopping. There, I bought a Fred Perry travel bag Fred Perry and a Guess scarf Guess for my mother.

On Sunday, we had a lie in and in the afternoon, we went to Oxford Street where we did some shopping, again. The weekend was just the best moment in the trip when I had fun with my best friends !

A new week began and it meant the trip was just beginning. On Monday, April 2, we went to Westminster by tube when we visited Westminster Palace where I could look at the throne of the Queen Victoria, the paintings, and to my great surprise we had a picnic in a park. After this short lunch break, we went took the tube to go to Whitehall. Then, we walked to Saint James's Park and we saw Buckingham Palace. Later, we went to Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden.

On Tuesday, April 3, my teachers wanted to visit the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum but we didn't have so much time so they asked us we had to choose between these two museums. As a scientific student, I choose the Science Museum, of course. It was just incredible ! There were many games, stuffed animals... After a short time, we went to Harrods where we spent a lot of time, to tell the truth we spent the morning in the shop. The morning was quite simply a fairy tale. I took the Egyptian escalator which was just beautiful and I saw objects that I will probably never be able to buy. I bought a Teddy bear, because it was so pretty and I was unable to resist. We came back to the Lycée Français where we had lunch. After lunch, we leave left for Neasden Temple, an Hindu temple in the Neasden suburb of London, with Mr Zane. After the visit, my English teacher, Mr Remy, brought us to Tesco Hypermarket to buy typical English food. In the evening, I came back to my host family.

I've been there since one week and I realized that it was unfortunately the day before the end of the trip.
I leave for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon. We ate a sandwich and we visited the British Museum, we walked to Leicester square and we did some shopping in Piccadilly Circus. There, I bought a Superdry t-shirt for my father and a toy in Hamley's for my little sister which was a plush of a horse which could walk.
I went to my host family around six o'clock.

Thanks a lot!

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de gerondif, postée le 26-06-2012 à 23:48:46 (S | E)
Hello,

a few hints:
It was like I were living
cf difference between "like" and "as if"

I've(à mettre au past perfect) been there since(c'est l'autre pour la durée) one week and I realized that it was unfortunately the day before the end of the trip.

Rappel:
after seeing the film: après avoir vu le film. On pourrait l'appliquer à:

After having eaten

after having taken the train

I was closer and closer with my host family. (closer to)

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 27-06-2012 à 09:44:31 (S | E)
Hello gérondif ! Thank you for your answer ! Here are some corrections :

It was as if I were living

I had been there for

after eating

after taking the train

I was closer and closer from my host family

Is that all ?

Thanks a lot !

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de gerondif, postée le 27-06-2012 à 15:11:14 (S | E)
Hello,
Come close to me (rapprochement)
Go away from me (éloignement)

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 27-06-2012 à 19:24:13 (S | E)
Hello,

I was closer and closer from to my host family

Is that all ?

Thanks a lot !

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de sherry48, postée le 27-06-2012 à 21:32:49 (S | E)
Hello.
At last we went to our host families, I made (Made is OK, but I was thinking of another verb.) cookies with my correspondent who (the object pronoun?) I had already met in France during the exchange.

... I realized that I was __ closer and closer to my host family. (Consider using the verb to feel).

...the best food I had never eaten in England

but we didn't have so much time

I saw objects which I can only dream of being able to buy one day. (I liked the first one better and made a slight change to make it work).

After lunch, we left for Neasden Temple, a Hindu temple in the Neasden suburb of London, with Mr Zane. With Mr. Zane at the end of the sentence seems misplaced.

I realized that it was unfortunately the day before the end of the trip. (Consider moving).

I leave for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon. (You could start with in the morning).

...for my little sister which was a plush of a horse which could walk. Eliminate the first which.
Sherry

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 23-07-2012 à 14:34:47 (S | E)
Hello,

Here is my text after your suggestions !
Could you please proofread my text?
Thank you for your help.

My trip to England in short :
To start, I'm going to summarize what I did during the trip, because it doesn't come down to the short moments I will show you, no, this unforgettable trip was perpetual joy.
On Thursday, March 29, I arrived in St Pancras by Eurostar after taking the train between Epinal and Paris. Soon afterwards, I visited the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle and I had an afternoon snack in Hyde Park. It was a magical moment when I ate by the water with my best friends. We took photos and we shouted with joy in the Park. At last we went to our host families, I baked cookies with my correspondent who I had already met in France during the exchange.

The day after I arrived, I went on a guided tour about “Jack the ripper” with Mr E.Simon. This moment was enthralling. It was as if I were living in Jack the ripper's age. Mr Simon's story and probably the fact that we were at the crime scene drew me into Jack the ripper's era. In the afternoon, I saw Saint Paul's, I took photos with my friends on the Millennium bridge, and I looked at the Tate Modern and the Globe. Like the other days I went to my host family and day by day, I realized that I was feeling closer and closer to my host family.

The following day was Saturday and it was obviously the weekend. My correspondent was very cool and she wanted me to see Camden Market, where we ate a “fish and chips”, which was the best food I had ever eaten in England, it was just delicious. After eating this typical English food, we went to Westfield Shopping Center in Stratford to do some shopping. There, I bought a Fred Perry travel bag and a Guess scarf for my mother.

On Sunday, we had a lie in and in the afternoon, we went to Oxford Street where we did some shopping, again. The weekend was just the best moment in the trip when I had fun with my best friends !

A new week began and it meant the trip was just beginning. On Monday, April 2, we went to Westminster by tube when we visited Westminster Palace where I could look at the throne of Queen Victoria, the paintings, and to my great surprise we had a picnic in a park. After this short lunch break, we took the tube to go to Whitehall. Then, we walked to Saint James's Park and we saw Buckingham Palace. Later, we went to Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden.

On Tuesday, April 3, my teachers wanted to visit the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum but we didn't have much time so they asked us to choose between these two museums. As a scientific student, I choose the Science Museum, of course. It was just incredible ! There were many games, stuffed animals... After a short time, we went to Harrods where we spent a lot of time, to tell the truth we spent the morning in the shop. The morning was quite simply a fairy tale. I took the Egyptian escalator which was just beautiful and I saw objects that I will probably never be able to buy. I bought a Teddy bear, because it was so pretty and I was unable to resist. We came back to the Lycée Français where we had lunch. After lunch, we left with Mr Zane for Neasden Temple, a Hindu temple in the Neasden suburb of London. After the visit, my English teacher, Mr Remy, brought us to Tesco Hypermarket to buy typical English food. In the evening, I came back to my host family.

I had been there for one week and I realized that it was moving towards the day before the end of the trip.
In the morning I left for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon. We ate a sandwich and we visited the British Museum, we walked to Leicester square and we did some shopping in Piccadilly Circus. There, I bought a Superdry t-shirt for my father and a toy in Hamley's for my little sister was a plush horse which could walk.
I went to my host family around six o'clock.

-------------------
Modifié par boahancock le 23-07-2012 14:35

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 23-07-2012 18:47
Post fusionné avec l'ancien sujet.

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 28-07-2012 à 11:49:29 (S | E)
Is my text too long ?

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 07-08-2012 à 10:00:18 (S | E)
help please ! :-)

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de sherry48, postée le 07-08-2012 à 13:47:12 (S | E)
Hello. Here are a few things to take another look at.
a fish and chips
On Monday, April 2, we went to Westminster by tube when we visited Westminster Palace where I could look at the throne of Queen Victoria, the paintings, and to my great surprise we had a picnic in a park.
As a scientific student, I choose the Science Museum, of course
In the morning I left for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon.
Leicester square
There, I bought a Superdry t-shirt for my father and a toy in Hamley's for my little sister was a plush horse which could walk.

Regarding punctuation, do not link two complete sentences with a comma. Use a period for two separate sentences, or if they are closely linked, you could use a semi-colon. Sherry

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de stammer, postée le 08-08-2012 à 01:00:19 (S | E)
Hello,
Here is my input:

It's nice to remember that I went to England between March 29 and April 5, 2011. (This sounds a bit odd, I think "I enjoy thinking back to my trip to...." is better)
To start, I'm going to summarize what I did during the trip, because it doesn't come down to the short moments I will show you, no, this unforgettable trip was perpetual joy. ('perpetual joy' is a bit too powerful?)
On Thursday, March 29, I arrived at St. Pancras by Eurostar after taking (which tense?) the train between Epinal and Paris. Soon afterwards, I visited the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle and I had an afternoon snack in Hyde Park. It was a magical moment when I ate by the water with my best friends. We took photos and we shouted with joy in the Park (I think 'park' is better here, even though you're speaking of Hyde Park.). At last ("Lastly" would be better as 'At last' conveys a sense of impatience.) we went to our host families, I baked cookies with my correspondent whom I had already met in France during the exchange.

The day after I arrived, I went on a guided tour about “Jack the Ripper” with Mr E.Simon. This moment (find a synonym for tour or say 'experience'. 'Moment' is too static.) was enthralling. It was as if I were living in Jack the Ripper's age. Mr Simon's story and probably the fact that we were at the crime scene drew me into Jack the Ripper's era. In the afternoon, I saw Saint Paul's (If it's well known enough you can drop 'Cathedral'.), I took photos with my friends on the Millennium Bridge, and I looked at the Tate Modern and the Globe. Like the other days I went to my host family and, day by day, I realized that I was feeling ("becoming" is better here.) closer and closer to my host family.

The following day was Saturday and it was obviously the weekend. My correspondent was very ("really" works better here.) cool and she wanted me to see Camden Market, where we ate a (check article) “fish and chips”, which was the best food I had ever eaten in England, it was just delicious. After eating this typical English food, we went to Westfield Shopping Center in Stratford to do some shopping. There, I bought a Fred Perry travel bag and a Guess scarf for my mother.

On Sunday, we had a lie in and in the afternoon, we went to Oxford Street where we did some more shopping, again (This sounds as though you were fed up of it.). The weekend was just the best moment in the trip when I had fun with my best friends! (No space between a word and punctuation! Understand?)

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de stammer, postée le 08-08-2012 à 01:21:28 (S | E)
A new week began and it meant the trip was just beginning. On Monday, April 2, we went to Westminster by Tube where we visited the Palace of Westminster where I could look at the throne of Queen Victoria, the paintings, and to my great surprise, we had a picnic in a park. After this short lunch break, we took the tube to go to Whitehall (This sentence is perfect in terms of written English, but Whitehall is in Westminster...). Then, we walked to Saint James's Park and we saw Buckingham Palace. Later, we went to Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden.
Finally, I went back to my host family.

On Tuesday, April 3, my teachers wanted to visit the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum but we didn't have much time so they asked us to choose between these two museums. As a science student, I choose the Science Museum, of course. It was just incredible! There were many games, stuffed animals... After a short time, we went to Harrods where we spent a lot of time, to tell the truth we spent the whole (added for emphasis) morning in the shop. The morning was quite simply a fairy tale. I took the Egyptian Escalator which was just beautiful and I saw objects ('items' is better) that I will probably never be able to buy. I bought a teddy bear because it was so pretty and I was unable to resist. We came back to the Lycée Français where we had lunch. After lunch, we left with Mr Zane for Neasden Temple, a Hindu temple in the Neasden suburb of London. After the visit, my English teacher, Mr Remy, took us to Tesco, a supermarket, to buy typical English food. In the evening, I went back to my host family.

I had been there for one week and I realized that it was moving towards the penultimate day of the trip.
In the morning I left for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon. We ate a sandwich and we visited the British Museum, we walked to Leicester Square and we did some shopping in Piccadilly Circus. There, I bought a Superdry T-shirt for my father and a toy in Hamleys (for some reason there is no apostrophe)for my little sister - a plush horse that could walk.
I went to my host family (missing preposition) around six o'clock.

I'm sure that you're aware that all of your spellings and writing conventions (i.e. May 6) are American, but if you didn't in Brtain we would write "summarise" and "6th May".

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 08-08-2012 à 14:35:53 (S | E)
Hello everybody and thanks a lot for your help !

I enjoy thinking back to my trip to England between March 29 and April 5, 2011.
To start, I'm going to summarize what I did during the trip, because it doesn't come down to the short moments I will show you, no, this unforgettable trip was perpetual joy. (no, it isn't to powerful ;) It is was I would say in french "joie permanente" !)
On Thursday, March 29, I arrived at St. Pancras by Eurostar after taking ("aprèsavoir pris"in french, so after+"present continuous") the train between Epinal and Paris. Soon afterwards, I visited the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle and I had an afternoon snack in Hyde Park. It was a magical moment when I ate by the water with my best friends. We took photos and we shouted with joy in the park. Lastly we went to our host families, I baked cookies with my correspondent whom I had already met in France during the exchange.

The day after I arrived, I went on a guided tour about “Jack the Ripper” with Mr E.Simon. This experience was enthralling. It was as if I were living in Jack the Ripper's age. Mr Simon's story and probably the fact that we were at the crime scene drew me into Jack the Ripper's era. In the afternoon, I saw Saint Paul's , I took photos with my friends on the Millennium Bridge, and I looked at the Tate Modern and the Globe. Like the other days I went to my host family and, day by day, I realized that I was becoming closer and closer to my host family.

The following day was Saturday and it was obviously the weekend. My correspondent was really cool and she wanted me to see Camden Market, where we ate “fish and chips”, which was the best food I had ever eaten in England, it was just delicious. After eating this typical English food, we went to Westfield Shopping Center in Stratford to do some shopping. There, I bought a Fred Perry travel bag and a Guess scarf for my mother.

On Sunday, we had a lie in and in the afternoon, we went to Oxford Street where we did some more shopping. The weekend was just the best moment in the trip when I had fun with my best friends! (Understood !)

A new week began and it meant the trip was just beginning. On Monday, April 2, we went to Westminster by Tube where we visited the Palace of Westminster where I could look at the throne of Queen Victoria, the paintings, and to my great surprise, we had a picnic in a park. After this short lunch break, we took the tube to go to Whitehall (I went somewhere between these two visits, probably and I forgot this moment ^^'). Then, we walked to Saint James's Park and we saw Buckingham Palace. Later, we went to Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden.

On Tuesday, April 3, my teachers wanted to visit the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum but we didn't have much time so they asked us to choose between these two museums. As a science student, I choose the Science Museum, of course. It was just incredible! There were many games, stuffed animals... After a short time, we went to Harrods where we spent a lot of time, to tell the truth we spent the whole morning in the shop. The morning was quite simply a fairy tale. I took the Egyptian Escalator which was just beautiful and I saw items that I will probably never be able to buy. I bought a teddy bear because it was so pretty and I was unable to resist. We came back to the Lycée Français where we had lunch. After lunch, we left with Mr Zane for Neasden Temple, a Hindu temple in the Neasden suburb of London. After the visit, my English teacher, Mr Remy, took us to Tesco, a supermarket, to buy typical English food. In the evening, I went back to my host family.

I had been there for one week and I realized that it was moving towards the penultimate day of the trip.
In the morning I left for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon. We ate a sandwich and we visited the British Museum, we walked to Leicester Square and we did some shopping in Piccadilly Circus. There, I bought a Superdry T-shirt for my father and a toy in Hamleys for my little sister - a plush horse that could walk.
I went to my host family at around six o'clock.

Do I have to correct the dates ? :-)

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 11-08-2012 à 12:53:34 (S | E)
Help please ! :-)

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de lucile83, postée le 11-08-2012 à 13:55:12 (S | E)
Hello,

Do I have to correct the dates? ...of course you have to!

Réponse: Trip to England / Correction de boahancock, postée le 11-08-2012 à 16:51:39 (S | E)
Hello lucile83 and thank you for your answer !

I enjoy thinking back to my trip to England between 29th March and 5th April, 2011.
To start, I'm going to summarize what I did during the trip, because it doesn't come down to the short moments I will show you, no, this unforgettable trip was perpetual joy. (no, it isn't to powerful ;) It is was I would say in french "joie permanente" !)
On Thursday, March 29, I arrived at St. Pancras by Eurostar after taking ("aprèsavoir pris"in french, so after+"present continuous") the train between Epinal and Paris. Soon afterwards, I visited the Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle and I had an afternoon snack in Hyde Park. It was a magical moment when I ate by the water with my best friends. We took photos and we shouted with joy in the park. Lastly we went to our host families, I baked cookies with my correspondent whom I had already met in France during the exchange.

The day after I arrived, I went on a guided tour about “Jack the Ripper” with Mr E.Simon. This experience was enthralling. It was as if I were living in Jack the Ripper's age. Mr Simon's story and probably the fact that we were at the crime scene drew me into Jack the Ripper's era. In the afternoon, I saw Saint Paul's , I took photos with my friends on the Millennium Bridge, and I looked at the Tate Modern and the Globe. Like the other days I went to my host family and, day by day, I realized that I was becoming closer and closer to my host family.

The following day was Saturday and it was obviously the weekend. My correspondent was really cool and she wanted me to see Camden Market, where we ate “fish and chips”, which was the best food I had ever eaten in England, it was just delicious. After eating this typical English food, we went to Westfield Shopping Center in Stratford to do some shopping. There, I bought a Fred Perry travel bag and a Guess scarf for my mother.

On Sunday, we had a lie in and in the afternoon, we went to Oxford Street where we did some more shopping. The weekend was just the best moment in the trip when I had fun with my best friends! (Understood !)

A new week began and it meant the trip was just beginning. On Monday, 2nd April, we went to Westminster by Tube where we visited the Palace of Westminster where I could look at the throne of Queen Victoria, the paintings, and to my great surprise, we had a picnic in a park. After this short lunch break, we took the tube to go to Whitehall (I went somewhere between these two visits, probably and I forgot this moment ^^'). Then, we walked to Saint James's Park and we saw Buckingham Palace. Later, we went to Trafalgar Square and Covent Garden.

On Tuesday, 3rd April, my teachers wanted to visit the Natural History Museum and the Science Museum but we didn't have much time so they asked us to choose between these two museums. As a science student, I choose the Science Museum, of course. It was just incredible! There were many games, stuffed animals... After a short time, we went to Harrods where we spent a lot of time, to tell the truth we spent the whole morning in the shop. The morning was quite simply a fairy tale. I took the Egyptian Escalator which was just beautiful and I saw items that I will probably never be able to buy. I bought a teddy bear because it was so pretty and I was unable to resist. We came back to the Lycée Français where we had lunch. After lunch, we left with Mr Zane for Neasden Temple, a Hindu temple in the Neasden suburb of London. After the visit, my English teacher, Mr Remy, took us to Tesco, a supermarket, to buy typical English food. In the evening, I went back to my host family.

In the morning I left for the Docks and the East End in the morning with Mr Simon. We ate a sandwich and we visited the British Museum, we walked to Leicester Square and we did some shopping in Piccadilly Circus. There, I bought a Superdry T-shirt for my father and a toy in Hamleys for my little sister - a plush horse that could walk.
I went to my host family at around six o'clock.

Is all my text correct ? :-)

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux