Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Correction/Pizza

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Correction/Pizza
Message de fireman38 posté le 22-01-2013 à 19:06:36 (S | E | F)
Good evening,

I am an engineering student and I have to write a cover letter for an exercise.
Could somebody correct it for me please ?
Thank you very much
Raphaël

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

With reference to the advertisement of a Pizza Hut buffet, I am writing to apply for the position. From my point of view I correspond to the job requirements. I am very rigorous so I will check seriously the freshness and the availability of the food. I am cleanliness freak thus the Buffet Bar and Salad station will be spotlessly clean.
Moreover, my experience as a first-aid instructor has taught me to develop my organizational and interpersonal skills. Consequently, I would be very pleasure to advise customers and answer their questions in order to ensure they will come back again and again.
Besides, I have passed a two-year university course in Hygiene and Safety so it will make me able to check the compliance with food safety regulations. Then, I have been a fireman for four years so I have developed a strong team work spirit. As a result, I will have no difficulties for getting used to the team made up of your waiters and waitresses.
I live in London near to Pizza Hut and I am available to work as soon as possible. I will be glad to supply you with any further information you may require. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours Faithfully,

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 22-01-2013 19:28

Réponse: Correction/Pizza de gerondif, postée le 22-01-2013 à 23:46:13 (S | E)
Bonsoir,

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

With reference to the advertisement of(for?) a Pizza Hut buffet, I am writing to apply for the position. From my point of view I correspond to the job requirements. I am very rigorous so I will check the freshness and the availability of the food very seriously. I am a cleanliness freak thus the Buffet Bar and Salad station will be spotlessly clean.
Moreover, my experience as a first-aid instructor has taught me to develop my organizational and interpersonal skills. Consequently, I would be very pleasure(pleased) to advise customers and answer their questions in order to ensure they will come back again and again.
Besides, I have pass(to pass, c'est réussir à un examen, you take a course in...)ed a two-year university course in Hygiene and Safety so it will make me able to check the compliance with food safety regulations. Then(Moreover, (de plus), I have been a fireman for four years so I have developed a strong team work spirit. As a result, I will have no difficulties for(in) getting used to the team made up of your waiters and waitresses.
I live in London near to Pizza Hut and I am available to work as soon as possible.(dès que possible? ou immediately?) I will be glad to supply you with any further information you may require. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours Faithfully,

Réponse: Correction/Pizza de fireman38, postée le 23-01-2013 à 09:51:34 (S | E)
Thank you for your correction Gerondif ! For the "two-year university course",
I meant to say "je possède / je suis titulaire d'un DUT en hygiène et sécurité".
But I think the verb "take" is suitable, too.
And is the verb "correspond" not too french ?
Thank you again

Réponse: Correction/Pizza de gerondif, postée le 23-01-2013 à 10:38:38 (S | E)
Bonjour,

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

With reference to your advertisement of(for?) a Pizza Hut buffet, I am writing to apply for the position. I think I really fit the job requirements. I am very rigorous so I will check the freshness and the availability of the food very seriously. I am a cleanliness freak thus(un peu littéraire, so the Buffet Bar and Salad station will always be spotlessly clean.
Moreover, my experience as a first-aid instructor has taught me to develop my organizational and interpersonal skills. Consequently, I would be very pleased to advise customers and answer their questions in order to ensure they will come back again and again.
Besides, I have taken a two-year university course in Hygiene and Safety and passed the corresponding exam,so it will enable me to check the compliance with food safety regulations. Moreover, I have been a fireman for four years so I have developed a strong team-work spirit. As a result, I will have no difficulties in getting used (to your catering team)to the team made up of your waiters and waitresses.
I live in London next to Pizza Hut and I am available to work as soon as possible.(dès que possible? ou immediately?) I will be glad to supply you with any further information you may require. I look forward to hearing from you.
Yours Faithfully,

Réponse: Correction/Pizza de fireman38, postée le 23-01-2013 à 11:07:54 (S | E)
Merci beaucoup,

Bonne journée

Réponse: Correction/Pizza de sherry48, postée le 23-01-2013 à 16:45:07 (S | E)
Hello.
I think gerondif's suggestion about your availability (immediately) is better than as soon as possible.
Is there another word in the title for this position? The Pizza Hut buffet speaks of the food and it's presentation in a self-serve style. Therefore, there seems to be a word missing to indicate the worker. For example, it could be a buffet manager or a buffet host.
Sherry

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux