Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Script /corrections

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Script /corrections
Message de brettdallen posté le 25-01-2015 à 23:49:18 (S | E | F)
Hello everybody,

I'm in the process of transcribing a youtube video to help a young lad work on oral comp' and eventually I'm the one who finds himself in trouble! If you could help me and suggest a few corrections I would be as delighted as can be!
It shouldn't take long as there are only a few passages that are tricky to me. These are highlighted.
Thanks for your time and expertise!

Lien internet

(The story of parents who used IVF and PGD to conceive a perfect match sibling that would save their daughter Katie Trebing's life)
(Stacie Trebing, Katie's mother)
Looking back, there were steps along the way that seemed very very difficult and really made us question whether we made the right decision and what the outcome was going to be. When Katie was born, she was diagnosed with ......... anaemia at about three months of age and er.. it opened up a whole new world for the whole family. We were told that there were three treatment options: she could have transfusions, we would try steroids to try to promote the blood cell production or she could have a transplant, but the transplant had to be an exact match sibling. And my oldest son, Calvin, was not an exact match sibling, so we decided to have a third child who was.... Christopher and we decided to have in-vitro fertilization with pre-implantation genetic diagnosis. We decided (right from the) beginning to treat her as normal as possible, so that's what we did so Katie didn't any different than going for transfusions every 3 or 4 weeks. She didn't know any different for getting needles 10 hours a night, five night a week. She didn't like it but, you know, she knew this was her routine and she really led a pretty normal life. She did all the things er... three-year-olds do. She loved to paint, she loved to play dressed up, she loved to play with other girls It took a couple of cycles and a little bit of hormonal mood swings but we were able to have a beautiful baby boy, Christopher, and he has been an angel and always loves Mum. Every child is a miracle, and this child is going to be a miracle just as my two other children are, and the fact that this child is going to (« gonna ») help its sibling is just another miracle, so we're doubly blessed.
« In preparation for transplant, Katie was given several chemotherapy drugs; one of the side effects is hair loss. It actually took in fact/affects a few weeks after the..the actual bone marrow transplant. It was hard for her; it was coming out in clumps but it also chose a bit distracted because we were in isolation and... » (nurse speaking?)
We know some of the technology we've use is controversial but as a family we decided to tap into it to have the best possible outcome for Katie. Most people that we speak to say « You know what, I'm not walking in your shoes and if I were walking in your shoes, maybe I would choose the path that you have chosen. »

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 26-01-2015 09:13

Réponse: Script /corrections de jonquille, postée le 26-01-2015 à 01:43:51 (S | E)
Hello brettdallen!
Here are the corrections to your transcription. I think I've caught everything! (I didn't change the "run-on" sentences!)

jonquille
----
Looking back, there were steps along the way that seemed very, very difficult and really made us question whether we made the right decision and what the outcome was going to be. When Katie was born, she was diagnosed with Diamond-Blackfan anemia anaemia at about three months of age and er.. (we say "um" instead of "er" when pausing between thoughts) it opened up a whole new world for the whole family. We were told that there were three treatment options: she could have transfusions, we would try steroids to try to promote the blood cell production or she could have a transplant, but the transplant had to be an exact match sibling. And my oldest son, Calvin, was not an exact match sibling, so we decided to have a third child who eventually was Christopher, and we decided to have use in-vitro fertilization with pre-implantation genetic diagnosis. We decided (right from the) beginning to treat her as normal as possible, so that's what we did, and so Katie didn't know any different than going for transfusions every 3 or 4 weeks. She didn't know any different for getting needles 10 hours a night, five nights a week. She didn't like it but, you know, she knew this was her routine and she really led a pretty normal life. She did all the things er... (um) three-year-olds do. She loved to paint, she loved to play dressed-up, she loved to play with other girls her older brother. It took a couple of cycles and a little bit of hormonal mood swings but we were able to have a beautiful baby boy, Christopher, and he has been an angel and always loves Mum in more ways than one. Every child is a miracle, and this child is going to be a miracle just as my two other other two children are, and the fact that this child is going to (« gonna ») help its sibling is just another miracle, so we're doubly blessed.
« In preparation for transplant, Katie was given several chemotherapy drugs; one of the side effects is hair loss. It actually took in fact/affects effect a few weeks after the..the actual bone marrow transplant. It was hard for her; it was coming out in clumps but it also chose also she was a bit distracted because we were in isolation and... » (nurse speaking?)
We know some of the technology we've used is controversial but as a family we decided to tap into it to have the best possible outcome for Katie. Most people that we speak to say « You know what, I'm not walking in your shoes and if I were walking in your shoes, maybe I would choose the path that you have chosen. »

Réponse: Script /corrections de brettdallen, postée le 26-01-2015 à 10:11:05 (S | E)
Hello my dear Jonquille,
You did a lovely job while, for once, I was sleeping. Your correction are pretty accurate and I appreciate the way you helped me. Apart from that, I hope everything's fine with you.
Bye and thank you very much!

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux