Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Means of transport/aide

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Means of transport/aide
Message de isarosa posté le 28-02-2016 à 23:52:30 (S | E | F)
Hello,
I post a text about means of transport. Please can you help me and tell me if I have any mistakes?
Thanks for helping me.

Concerning means of transport, I have to tell that I usually get around my town walking or by car. In fact, in my town, there are only buses or taxis, as it’s a small town. For example if I have to go to Valencia, in this case I use the train, it’s handy although it’s not cheaper but it’s safer than driving and you don’t have problem to park in Valencia.
As you know, there are few free parkings, so you spend more money. We must consider, it’s better get a train until Valencia and there you can move on bus, underground or taxi.
Returning to the subject of my city, as I’ve just said, there are only buses and taxis. In fact, buses are usually used by older people who don’t carry a lot due to their age. Normally we get around by car for shopping or going to the doctor.
We must consider the fact that it’s a little town and really we don’t need more means of transport.
It’s often claimed that people drive faster in my country and I think it’s true. Sometimes people drive faster than they should do. Another important factor to take into account is people don’t wear safety belts although it’s obligatory. That’s why policemen enjoy fining people.
As you know, there aren’t speed cameras in the town, but if you go to Valencia, you can find some of them. In my opinion speed cameras are a good invent, at least some people reduce thinking about speed cameras and fines.
A considerable advantage about speed cameras and fines are that drivers use to be more conscientious and drive with more caution and they cause fewer accidents.
People have to consider that is dangerous driving talking on a mobile, sending or receiving text messages. Another point very dangerous is driving if you have drink alcohol.
In my humble opinion, there are people responsible but unfortunately there are also people who aren’t.
Another mean of transport is for example bikes, but they aren’t cycle lanes in all towns. For instance in Carcaixent they aren’t. To be honest, I think it’s a kind of transport healthy and good for the nature as it doesn’t pollute.
Another problem about driving car is that there aren’t enough parkings and it’s always difficult to park anywhere you go.
That’s why the only fines I’ve ever had are always for parking illegally.
To sum up, means of transport are safer as long as drivers are responsible and respect road safety and all rules.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 29-02-2016 06:03

Réponse: Means of transport/aide de gerondif, postée le 29-02-2016 à 12:06:10 (S | E)
Hello,
mistakes in blue, corrections in green

Concerning means of transport, I have to tell (I must say that / I have to tell YOU that ) that I usually get around my town walking or by car. In fact, in my town, there are only buses or taxis, as it’s a small town. For example if I have to go to Valencia, in this (that) case I use the train, it’s handy although it’s not cheaper but it’s safer than driving and you don’t have problems parking in Valencia.
As you know, there are few free parkings (parking-lots), so you spend more money. We must consider it’s better(You had better get a train) to get a train until(up to / down to) Valencia and there you can move on (by)bus, underground or taxi.
Returning to the subject of my city, as I’ve just said, there are only buses and taxis. In fact, buses are usually used by older people who don’t carry a lot (who can't carry much weight, much luggage)due to their age. Normally we get around by car for shopping or going to the doctor's.
We must consider the fact that it’s a little town and really we don’t need more means of transportation.
It’s often claimed that people drive faster (very fast /too fast) in my country and I think it’s true. Sometimes people drive faster than they should do. Another important factor to take into account is people don’t wear safety belts although it’s obligatory (compulsory) That’s why policemen enjoy fining people.
As you know, there aren’t speed cameras in the town, but if you go to Valencia, you can find some of them. In my opinion speed cameras are a good invention, at least some people reduce (slow down) thinking about speed cameras and fines.
A considerable advantage about speed cameras and fines are (advantage is singular) that drivers use to be (get used to being) more conscientious and drive with more caution and they cause fewer accidents.
People have to consider that (You often make that mistake, I suppose that in Spanish, you can start a sentence using the verb to be, like Latin where the subject is IN the verb, but not in English) it is dangerous driving while talking on a mobile, sending or receiving text messages. Another point very dangerous (the noun comes last) is driving if you have drink (past participle) alcohol.
In my humble opinion, there are people responsible (invert) but unfortunately there are also people who aren’t.
Another means of transportation is for example bikes, but they (there) aren’t cycle lanes in all towns. For instance in Carcaixent they aren’t. To be honest, I think it’s a healthy kind of transportation and good for the nature as it doesn’t pollute.
Another problem about driving a car is that there aren’t enough parkings( parking-lots. In English, parking is a verb: I am driving, I am parking) and it’s always difficult to park anywhere you go.
That’s why the only fines I’ve ever had are always for parking illegally.
To sum up, means of transportation are safer as long as drivers are responsible and respect road safety and all rules.

Réponse: Means of transport/aide de isarosa, postée le 29-02-2016 à 13:53:25 (S | E)
Hi, thank you very much. It's true that sometimes I mix Spanish, French and English.
I'm very happy with your help.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 29-02-2016 16:14

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux