Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Oral/Place et forme de pouvoir

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Oral/Place et forme de pouvoir
Message de caco62 posté le 08-04-2016 à 09:48:50 (S | E | F)
Bonjour à tous,
je passe bientôt mes oraux d'anglais pour le Bac, pourriez-vous corriger mes fautes et me donner votre avis sur mon travail.
Je vous remercie

I’m going to talk about the notion of “Place and forms of Power”.
First I would like to give a definition of power. Power is is the ability to control others and to make things happen despite obstacles, resistance, or opposition.
This of course leads to conflict between those who have and exercise power and those who have none or little of it. As a consequence, the exercice of power within a community requires that its members accept a complex system of laws and respect symbols such as specifics places especially court, parliament and prison.
There are many different forms of power :
Power of the media (reality TV, internet, written press)
Financial power (the power of money)
Inequalities between blacks and whites – the fight against oppression and segregation (South Africa, USA)
The Civil Rights movement and political recognition : Rosa Parks, Martin Luther King, Malcolm X
To illustrate this notion, I have chosen to focus on these two last one.
From the beginning of the XVII century to today century whites people beats to maintain power. We call this “white supremacy”. It represents the belief that white people are superior to people of other racial backgrounds and that therefore whites should politically dominate non-whites.
So how the segregation stopped ?
To answer this problem, i am going to develop two parts,
The first one is « the action of the african american » and in second time « the differents laws »

I / The action of african American.
This struggle could be violent or non-violent and took different forms: in literature, music or visual art.
There were a lot of deeds from African Americans but the most significant and famous for me is the story of Rosa Parks. She was an African American civil rights activist. She is famous because she refused to give up her seat to a white man in 1955 because she was exhausted of the treatment that she and other African Americans received every day of their lives. Rosa was arrested and convicted of violating the laws of segregation.
We studied to this great person with an interview of differents persons.
To complete I can also quote the speech “I have a dream” of Martin Luther King that we studied. He is another African American civil rights activist, delivered in 1963 during the March on Washington. In this speech he called from an end of the racism in the United States. Conquequently to this several events the condition of the African Americans has advanced even if today the recognition isn’t total.

II / The differents laws.
In class we saw a document on the laws Jim Crow.
The laws Jim Crow (Jim Crow Laws) are a series of orders and regulations promulgated generally in municipalities or the States of the South of the United States between 1876 and 1965.
These laws, which established one of the main elements of the racial segregation in the United States, distinguished the citizens according to their racial membership and while admitting their equality of right they imposed a segregation of swear in all the places.
The most important introduced the segregation into schools and into most of the public services, including the trains and the buses.
The school segregation was declared unconstitutional by the Supreme Court of the United States in 1954.
The lovings , who is a couple, she is black and he is white they got married and took their case to the supreme court.
The supreme court ruled in their favour.
More over The civilian rights act who is a series of laws, Signed by the president of the United States, Lyndon Baines Johnson, declared illegal the discrimination basing on the race, the color, the religion, the sex, or the national origin. It was conceived at first to protect the rights of the Afro-Americans

To conclude, people from different cultures can nowadays live together in harmony thanks to a long and painful fight for equality leading by honorable persons.

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 08-04-2016 10:45

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux