Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Bac/idea of progress

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Bac/idea of progress
Message de carotte26 posté le 02-03-2017 à 16:49:52 (S | E | F)
Bonjour,
je voudrais savoir si ma notion était compréhensible et s'il y avait des fautes.
Merci d'avance pour votre aide !!

ANGLAIS : Progress
I'm going to speak about the notion idea of progress. The progress can be defined by technical, medical or social evolution, it's intended to improve people life and to make the world better. Social progress started in 1965 during the abolition of slavery by Abraham Lincoln, before Blacks were not allowed to enter by the same entrance, take the same bus or school as Whites, blacks were considered different of Whites. In order to illustrate this notion I've chosen to talk about affirmative action.
So, is Affirmative Action synonym of progress ? should it stopped or should it put in place in France ?
We are going to see that before it was synonym of progress because intention was good but it should be stopped because it engenders negative feelings.
Affirmative is a law which forced and obliged schools and companies to employ a certain proportion of people of different races and genres. This concept has been invented in the 1960's, it was created because civil right laws are not enough to remedy the discrimination and schools and employers should be forced to respect the law and to employ minorities. So thanks to affirmative action, many black people could escape the ghettos, integrate better schools, find job.
In class we studied a text "it worked for me", in this text it is said that a black man has succeeded in life thanks to affirmative action. His name is Bryan Fair, he lived in a black ghettos and had a poor family. To survive the received social welfare. Thanks to Affirmative Action he attended a white high-school, the level was hard and he had to catch up but it was the case of many blacks. Today he is la law teacher because affirmative action gave him the opportunity to go to better school. We studied a video about Sonia Santo Sotomayor who is first Latino Supreme Court Justice in United stated history. She managed to integrate a school thanks to Affirmative Action which allowed her to become a judge she is an example of the success of this concept.

Affirmative Action is advantageous for people of minority but it creates reverse discrimination. Because of Affirmative Action, companies must fire some white people, they don't have the capacity to employ more persons in their enterprise.
I think people should be chosen based on merit and not by race of gender, it is so unfair. Affirmative action reinforces stereotypes and racism because it has impact on self esteem of Blacks, they may feel stupid and inferior of whites and that supposes that only blacks needed help because they can't succeed by themselves. Abigail Fisher was a victim of reverse discrimination, it a white girl who wanted to join a school but she was not chosen because school admitted black people who has lower marks. She thinks it was unfair so she went to trial.

Finally, I think Affirmative Action is a favorable concept for a certain part of people, blacks who are in need but it is unfair for whites because they suffer from consequences. Affirmative Action is progress because this showed that people were open minded and wished to impose equality between people of different colors. But on the other hand, I think Affirmative Action should be stopped and the concept of help blacks should be replaced by a help to people in economic disadvantages. So I think Affirmative Action should be based on social criteria. Affirmative Action should be put in place in France with social criteria and not for minorities.

------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 03-03-2017 22:46

Réponse : Bac/idea of progress de laure95, postée le 03-03-2017 à 14:12:27 (S | E)
Bonjour,
- The (pas de the)progress
- it's intended to: mal dit.
- improve people (marque de l'appartenance)life
- before Blacks were not allowed to enter (where ?)by the same entrance,
- blacks were considered different of (pas la bonne préposition)Whites.
- should it (be)stopped or should it put in place in France ?

- Affirmative is a law which forced (présent)and obliged (présent)schools and companies
- genres: mot français.
- This concept has been invented (pas le bon temps)in the 1960's,
- it was created because civil right laws are (passé)not enough
- many black people could escape the (pas de the)ghettos,
- he lived in a black ghettos ( a + singulier)
- To survive the received social welfare.
- to go to (article)better school.
- Sonia Santo Sotomayor who is (article)first Latino Supreme Court Justice in (article) United stated (? + marque de l'appartenance) history.
- people of minority: mal dit.
- I think people should be chosen based on (mettre un possessif) merit
- it has (article)impact on self esteem of Blacks,
- inferior of (pas la bonne préposition)whites
- and that supposes that only blacks needed (présent)help
- it a white girl: ?
- who wanted to join a school but she was not chosen because school admitted black people who has (passé) lower marks.

- the concept of help (pas la bonne forme du verbe)blacks

Réponse : Bac/idea of progress de here4u, postée le 03-03-2017 à 19:27:13 (S | E)
HELLO

I'm going to speak about the notion idea of progress. The progress can be defined by technical, medical or social evolution, it's intended to improve people life and to make the world better. Social progress started in 1965 during the abolition of slavery by Abraham Lincoln EMANCIPATION PROCLAMATION = 1863), before Blacks were not allowed to enter WHAT? by the same entrance, take the same bus or school as Whites, blacks were considered different of Whites. In order to illustrate this notion I've chosen to talk about affirmative action.
So, is Affirmative Action synonym of progress ? should it XX = auxiliaire du passif!)stopped or should it XX put in place in France ?
We are going to see that before it was synonym of progress because XXX intention was good but it should be stopped because it engenders negative feelings.
Affirmative XXXXXX is a law which forced and obliged schools and companies to employ a certain proportion of people of different "races" and genres. This concept has been invented in the 1960's, it was created because XXX civil right laws are not enough to remedy the discrimination and schools and employers should be forced to respect the law and to employ minorities. So thanks to affirmative action, many black people could escape the ghettos, integrate better schools, find job.
In class we studied a text "it worked for me", in this text it is said that a black man has succeeded in life thanks to affirmative action. His name is Bryan Fair, he lived in a black ghettos and had a poor family. To survive the received social welfare. Thanks to Affirmative Action he attended a white high-school, the level was hard and he had to catch up but it was the case of many blacks. Today he is la law teacher because affirmative action gave him the opportunity to go to a better school. We studied a video about Sonia Santo Sotomayor who is XXX first Latino Supreme Court Justice in United stated history. She managed to integrate a school thanks to Affirmative Action which allowed her to become a judge. S she is an example of the success of this concept.

Affirmative Action is advantageous for people of minority but it creates reverse discrimination. Because of Affirmative Action, companies must fire some white people, they don't have the capacity to employ more persons in their enterprise.
I think people should be chosen based on merit and not by race of gender, it is so unfair. Affirmative action reinforces stereotypes and racism because it has an impact on XXX self esteem of Blacks, they may feel stupid and inferior of whites and that supposes that only blacks needed help because they can't succeed by themselves. Abigail Fisher was a victim of reverse discrimination, it + V?a white girl who wanted to join a school but she was not chosen because school admitted black people who has lower marks. She thinks it was unfair so she went to trial.

Finally, I think Affirmative Action is a favorable concept for a certain part of people, blacks who are in need but it is unfair for whites because they suffer from XXX consequences. Affirmative Action is progress because this showed that people were open minded and wished to impose equality between people of different colors. But on the other hand, I think Affirmative Action should be stopped and the concept of help blacks should be replaced by a help to people in economic disadvantages. So I think Affirmative Action should be based on social criteria. Affirmative Action should be put in place in France with social criteria and not for minorities.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Forum anglais: Questions sur l'anglais

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux