Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

The missing vowels/231

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

The missing vowels/231
Message de marit64 posté le 19-10-2017 à 00:21:08 (S | E | F)
everybody!

Find the missing vowels and unscramble the consonants in order to get the right word.

Since I made you work a lot last week I'm giving you the number of vowels in each sentence.

1- To look down on. ..... (v k l r) 4

2- A long narrow banner, or narrow paper ribbon. ..... (m t r s r) 3

3- A floating water plant with violet or blue flowers. ..... Two words. (t w r) 2 (c h t n h) 3

4- Any of a number of types of animal with large front teeth for gnawing. ..... (d t n r) 2

5- Not confident. ..... (f d t f n d) 3

6- Large in size, awkward to carry. ..... (k b l) 2

7- A word or group of words within a sentence, which gives a comment etc and usually separates from the rest of the sentence by brackets, dashes etc.

.....(t p s n r h s) 4

8- To make or become ripe or riper. ..... (p r n) 2

9- Feeling or showing scorn. ..... (c f s l n r) 2

10- To spoil or damage (enjoyment, beauty). ..... (r m) 1

Good luck and have fun!

Have a great week!

So long

Réponse : The missing vowels/231 de daisy50, postée le 19-10-2017 à 04:08:42 (S | E)
Hello Marit,

Je profite d'une insomnie pour vous faire part de mes trouvailles noctures. J'espère ne pas avoir fait trop d'erreurs!

1- To look down on. ..... (v k l r) 4 overlook

2- A long narrow banner, or narrow paper ribbon. ..... (m t r s r) 3 streamer

3- A floating water plant with violet or blue flowers. ..... Two words. (t w r) 2 (c h t n h) 3 water hyacinth

4- Any of a number of types of animal with large front teeth for gnawing. ..... (d t n r) 2 rodent

5- Not confident. ..... (f d t f n d) 3 diffident

6- Large in size, awkward to carry. ..... (k b l) 2 bulky

7- A word or group of words within a sentence, which gives a comment etc and usually separates from the rest of the sentence by brackets, dashes etc.

.....(t p s n r h s) 4 parenthesis

8- To make or become ripe or riper. ..... (p r n) 2 ripen

9- Feeling or showing scorn. ..... (c f s l n r) 2 scornful

10- To spoil or damage (enjoyment, beauty). ..... (r m) 1 mar

Eh bien voilà, je vais pouvoir aller dormir à présent.

Un grand bonjour à toute la famille "missing vowels".

Have a nice week. See you later and thanks a lot Marit!

Réponse : The missing vowels/231 de flowermusic, postée le 19-10-2017 à 09:39:00 (S | E)
Hello dear Marit

That's my try :

1- To look down on. ..... (v k l r) 4 overlook

2- A long narrow banner, or narrow paper ribbon. ..... (m t r s r) 3 streamer

3- A floating water plant with violet or blue flowers. ..... Two words. (t w r) 2 (c h t n h) 3 water hyacinth

4- Any of a number of types of animal with large front teeth for gnawing. ..... (d t n r) 2 rodent

5- Not confident. ..... (f d t f n d) 3 diffident

6- Large in size, awkward to carry. ..... (k b l) 2 bulky

.....(t p s n r h s) 4 parenthesis

8- To make or become ripe or riper. ..... (p r n) 2 ripen

9- Feeling or showing scorn. ..... (c f s l n r) 2 scornful

10- To spoil or damage (enjoyment, beauty). ..... (r m) 1 mar

Have a sweet sweet week

PS : salut à la déjà présente Daisy insomnie fructueuse, mais bon repos maintenant

Réponse : The missing vowels/231 de afarodj, postée le 19-10-2017 à 11:04:06 (S | E)
Hi dear Marit . Thank you for this new exercice.

Hi everybody

This is my try. Have a nice week.

1- To look down on. ..... (v k l r) 4.- Overlook.- Regarder avec dédain.

2- A long narrow banner, or narrow paper ribbon. ..... (m t r s r) 3.- Streamer.- Bannière.

3- A floating water plant with violet or blue flowers. ..... Two words. (t w r) 2 (c h t n h) 3.- Water hyacinth.- Jacinthe d'eau

4- Any of a number of types of animal with large front teeth for gnawing. ..... (d t n r) 2.- Rodent.- Rongeurs.

5- Not confident. ..... (f d t f n d) 3.- Diffident.- Timide.

6- Large in size, awkward to carry. ..... (k b l) 2.- Bulky.- Encombrant.

.....(t p s n r h s) 4.- Parenthesis.- Parenthèse.

8- To make or become ripe or riper. ..... (p r n) 2.- Ripen.- Mûrir.

9- Feeling or showing scorn. ..... (c f s l n r) 2.- Scornful.- Méprisant.

10- To spoil or damage (enjoyment, beauty). ..... (r m) 1.- Mar.- Gâcher

Réponse : The missing vowels/231 de violet91, postée le 19-10-2017 à 22:34:56 (S | E)

Hello very dear Marit and within a few hours, do enjoy your special day !
Bonsoir chaleureux à la fine équipe ,
Before doing this new game , a short note tonight to tell you I have just kept my promise and done the previous one (230). That was my turn to miss something yesterday ...very sorry .

I am getting ready for tomorrow , look !

1- To look down on. ..... to overlook
2- A long narrow banner, or narrow paper ribbon. ..... a streamer
3- A floating water plant with violet or blue flowers. ..... Two words. Water-hyacinth
4- Any of a number of types of animal with large front teeth for gnawing. ..... a rondent
5- Not confident. ....diffident.
6- Large in size, awkward to carry. bulky
7- A word or group of words within a sentence, which gives a comment etc and usually separates from the rest of the sentence by brackets, dashes etc.- sg parenthesis-pl.parentheses
8- To make or become ripe or riper. .....: to ripen
9- Feeling or showing scorn. .....: scornful
"10- To spoil or damage (enjoyment, beauty). ..... : to mar ( such a long time I hadn't come across that word again!)
Ah! Qu'est-ce que tu me fais ma raie ? Ma raie publique !":

Well friend , you'll wake up with this just for you ! Guess why !

Thank you ever so much for this entertainment ! May you and the whole company have a lovely end of the week and nice half-term holidays if it is the case . Sweet Marit , all my warmest wishes . Take care and enjoy yourself !

Hello dear Lucile , as an exception and as it is so beautiful and a special occasion, would you please accept this extra ? Many thanks in advance if you do .

Réponse : The missing vowels/231 de sanna6, postée le 20-10-2017 à 20:12:38 (S | E)
Hello

I will start by wishing you a very happy birthday Marit and all the best for you

1- To look down on. ..... To overlook - Avoir vue sur - Dominer

2- A long narrow banner, or narrow paper ribbon. ... Streamer - Banderole

3- A floating water plant with violet or blue flowers. ...Water Hyacinth - Jacinthe d'eau(

4- Any of a number of types of animal with large front teeth for gnawing... Rodent - Rongeur

5- Not confident. ...Unconfident - Qui manque de confiance en soi...Oups ! With your consonants It's diffident !

6- Large in size, awkward to carry. ...Bulky - Volumineux

..Parenthesis - Parenthèse

8- To make or become ripe or riper. ...Ripen - Mûrir

9- Feeling or showing scorn. ...Scornful - Méprisant

10- To spoil or damage (enjoyment, beauty). ... To mar - Gâcher

I thank you for your new missing vowels Marit. It's always a pleasure to discover it.

I wish everyone a nice week!

Réponse : The missing vowels/231 de swan85, postée le 21-10-2017 à 20:56:32 (S | E)

Hello Marit
Good night everybody

1- To look down on. (v k l r) 4 OVERLOOK
2- A long narrow banner, or narrow paper ribbon. (m t r s r) 3 STREAMER
3- A floating water plant with violet or blue flowers. Two words. (t w r) 2 (c h t n h) 3 WATER HYACINTH
4- Any of a number of types of animal with large front teeth for gnawing. (d t n r) 2 RODENT
5- Not confident. (f d t f n d) 3 DIFFIDENT
6- Large in size, awkward to carry. (k b l) 2 BULKY
(t p s n r h s) 4 PARENTHESIS
8- To make or become ripe or riper. (p r n) 2 RIPEN
9- Feeling or showing scorn. (c f s l n r) 2 SCORNFUL
10- To spoil or damage (enjoyment, beauty). (r m) 1 MAR

Thank you for all these interesting words.
See you.

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux