Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

The missing vowels/86

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons || En bas

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

The missing vowels/86
Message de marit64 posté le 30-07-2014 à 22:27:02 (S | E | F)
everybody!

Find the missing vowels and unscramble the consonants in order to get the right word.

The number of vowels is given in 5 out of 10 answers.

1- A noun referring to something which exists as an idea and which is not physically real. ..... (ttbcsr)
2- A place, usually a very large hole in the ground, from which stone is got for building etc. ..... (rqr) 3
3- A small (usually folding) case made of soft leather, plastic etc, carried in the pocket and used for holding, money, personal papers etc. ..... (tlwl)
4- To take very small bites. ..... (lnbb) 2
5- A kind of small flower. ..... (nps)
6- A type of tree whose wood is used for making furniture. ..... (nwtl) 2
7- A synonym of "braid". ..... (tpl)
8- A kind of leather made from the skin of a pig. ..... (kpnsg) 2
9- An act of departing. ..... (rrdtp)
10- Extremely tired. ..... (thsdx) 4

Good luck and have fun!

I wish you the best, so long

Réponse: The missing vowels/86 de violet91, postée le 30-07-2014 à 23:08:24 (S | E)
´Pickaboo ! I do love you !' Hello dear Marit who just sent me a medal !!! As to everybody , I bet !
Hope you are having a nice sunny week and rest or/ and exciting things to do !

Just for a start :
1 ) abstract
2 ) quarry ( I found difficult !)
3 ) a wallet is for a purse ( for money , not handbag = French : la bourse ou la vie ! )
4 ) nibble , like a lovely little mouse nibbling your toes , Marit!
5 ) sing : pansy / plural peonies !
6 ) ? walnut , I expect
7 ) plait (two , rather or a poney tail !)
8 ) pigskin and do you know about pig's bladder= vessie de porc for lamp shades ?
9 ) Farewell Angelina ! Departure
10 ) Exhausted , out of sorts, K.O , out of service , kaputt ?

I have done . One more night , before leaving for the South West of France and the ocean !!
Have a good night within 6 or 7 hours .
Enjoy the rest of the week , kind Marit from Shawinigan, Cheuwinigun or Chôwinigun .

Réponse: The missing vowels/86 de flowermusic, postée le 30-07-2014 à 23:26:07 (S | E)
Hello Marit

Always with pleasure, my try :

1- A noun referring to something which exists as an idea and which is not physically real. ..... (ttbcsr) abstract
2- A place, usually a very large hole in the ground, from which stone is got for building etc. ..... (rqr) 3 quarry
3- A small (usually folding) case made of soft leather, plastic etc, carried in the pocket and used for holding, money, personal papers etc. ..... (tlwl) wallet
4- To take very small bites. ..... (lnbb) 2 nibble
5- A kind of small flower. ..... (nps) pansy
6- A type of tree whose wood is used for making furniture. ..... (nwtl) 2 walnut
7- A synonym of "braid". ..... (tpl) plait
8- A kind of leather made from the skin of a pig. ..... (kpnsg) 2 pigskin
9- An act of departing. ..... (rrdtp) departure
10- Extremely tired. ..... (thsdx) 4 exhausted

Have a sweet week

-------------------
Modifié par flowermusic le 30-07-2014 23:27
Et coucou à Violet sur le départ

Réponse: The missing vowels/86 de mamou3, postée le 31-07-2014 à 07:40:59 (S | E)
Hello Marit, Hello Flowermusic, too late to greet Violet ! Hello all of you !

Here are my answers :

1. ABSTRACT
2. QUARRY
3. WALLET
4. NIBBLE
5. PANSY
6. WALNUT
7. PLAIT
8. PIGSKIN
9. DEPARTURE
10. EXHAUSTED

Thanks a lot Marit ! Every week you find new words ! It's fantastic !

Have a nice and sunny week !

Réponse: The missing vowels/86 de dolfine56, postée le 31-07-2014 à 11:00:23 (S | E)
Hello, dear Marit,
Here we are...

1- A noun referring to something which exists as an idea and which is not physically real. ..... (ttbcsr) --abstract
2- A place, usually a very large hole in the ground, from which stone is got for building etc. ..... (rqr) 3--quarry
3- A small (usually folding) case made of soft leather, plastic etc, carried in the pocket and used for holding, money, personal papers etc. ..... (tlwl)--wallet
4- To take very small bites. ..... (lnbb) --nibble
5- A kind of small flower. ..... (nps)--pansy
6- A type of tree whose wood is used for making furniture. ..... (nwtl) 2--walnut
7- A synonym of "braid". ..... (tpl)--plait
8- A kind of leather made from the skin of a pig. ..... (kpnsg) pigskin
9- An act of departing. ..... (rrdtp)--departure
10- Extremely tired. ..... (thsdx) 4--exhausted

-------------------
Modifié par lucile83 le 31-07-2014 12:14
Bug police réparé.

Réponse: The missing vowels/86 de esperanto, postée le 31-07-2014 à 16:32:29 (S | E)
Hello Marit and all of you,

Here are my answers :

1) abstract
2) quarry
3) wallet
4) nibble
5) pansy
6) walnut
7) plait
8)pigskin
9) departure
10) exhausted

Thanks a lot Marit for this new exercise. Have a pleasant week and see you soon.

Réponse: The missing vowels/86 de sanna6, postée le 05-08-2014 à 20:47:50 (S | E)
Hello

1- A noun referring to something which exists as an idea and which is not physically real... abstract
2- A place, usually a very large hole in the ground, from which stone is got for building etc... quarry
3- A small (usually folding) case made of soft leather, plastic etc, carried in the pocket and used for holding, money, personal papers etc... wallet
4- To take very small bites... to nibble
5- A kind of small flower. ..... (nps) I don't find it !!! ...Perhaps later
6- A type of tree whose wood is used for making furniture... walnut
7- A synonym of "braid"... plait
8- A kind of leather made from the skin of a pig... pigskin
9- An act of departing...departure
10- Extremely tired... exhausted

Thank you very much Marit ! ...Have a sunny week !

-------------------
Modifié par sanna6 le 05-08-2014 20:59
pansy ...I found it !!!!

Réponse: The missing vowels/86 de swan85, postée le 06-08-2014 à 19:42:25 (S | E)
Hello Marit

1- A noun referring to something which exists as an idea and which is not physically real. Abstract (ttbcsr)
2- A place, usually a very large hole in the ground, from which stone is got for building etc. Quarry (rqr) 3
3- A small (usually folding) case made of soft leather, plastic etc, carried in the pocket and used for holding, money, personal papers etc. Wallet (tlwl)
4- To take very small bites. Nibble (lnbb) 2
5- A kind of small flower. ??? (nps)
6- A type of tree whose wood is used for making furniture. Walnut (nwtl) 2
7- A synonym of "braid". Plait (tpl)
8- A kind of leather made from the skin of a pig. Pigskin (kpnsg) 2
9- An act of departing. Departure (rrdtp)
10- Extremely tired. Exhausted (thsdx) 4

Thank you again, see you soon

[POSTER UNE NOUVELLE REPONSE] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > Thèmes généraux, jeux, chansons

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux