Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Stopped/by police

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Stopped/by police
Message from jack59240 posted on 27-03-2020 at 09:13:55 (D | E | F)
Hello,
Could you help me please?

I tried to correct my text with the help of my friends (language café). The topic was "have you ever been stopped by the police?
Thank you for your help.

I am going to tell you about one of my bad habits, that almost cost me a 95 € fine.
For a long time, when I ride my bike, I am used to not obeying the stop sign on my way when I have to turn to the right: I just glance to the left and go on. I have to say that I am used to riding fast.
Once, last year, I did as usual but it could have turned bad. At the point I was arriving on the bike-path and raised my head to check my way, I saw a police officer walking to me on the bike path. He stopped me and said: «You didn’t obey the stop sign! “You did like the woman who is in my car to fill the fine form. I am just going to pick up the name of the street she came through. She is under a 95 € fine». I noticed that he was wearing a smart uniform, kepi and riding boot and so on. He was an upper officer and probably he was going to a meeting. That was my chance! Because he was in a hurry! He said to me: «you are lucky: I have not enough time to fine you because of the woman I haven’t finished with»
He glared at me, his jaw tight.
Then, it was my pleasure:
-I got off my bike and said: «If you like I can wait for you».
-«No ! I have no time to ! Go ahead !» he said furiously.
-I got on my bike and said: «bye-bye ! have a good day !»

------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 27-03-2020 12:04
'Hello' added...

Re: Stopped/by police from lucile83, posted on 28-03-2020 at 09:41:12 (D | E)
Anyone?

Re: Stopped/by police from gerondif, posted on 28-03-2020 at 14:17:35 (D | E)
Hello
Mistakes in blue
I am going to tell you about one of my bad habits, that almost cost me a 95 € fine.
For a long time, when I ride my bike, I am(present perfect) used to not obeying the stop signs on my way when I have to turn (to the) right: I just glance (to the) left and go on. I have to say that I am used to riding fast.
Once, last year, I did as usual (as I always did) but it could have turned bad. At the point Just as I was arriving on the bike-path and raised (ing) my head (looking up) to check my way, I saw a police officer walking to me on the bike path. He stopped me and said: «You didn’t obey the stop sign! “You did (behaved)like the woman who is in my car to fill the fine form. I am just going (to avoid confusion with a near future, I would say : I'm just having a look to check the name of the street she went across)( came from) to pick up the name of the street she came through. She is under a 95 € fine». I noticed that he was wearing a smart uniform, kepi and riding boots and so on. He was an upper officer and probably he was going to a meeting. That was my chance( chance doesn't mean you are lucky, it means that you met somebody by chance)! Because he was in a hurry! He said to me: «you are lucky: I have not enough time to fine you because of the woman I haven’t finished with»
He glared at me, his jaw tight.
Then, it was my pleasure : (doesn't mean much. I would say : Then I took great pleasure in getting slowly off my bike and saying
-I got off my bike and said: «If you like I can wait for you».
-«No ! I have no time to ! Go ahead ! (Move on !)» he said furiously.
-I got on my bike and said: «bye-bye ! Have a good day !»

Re: Stopped/by police from jack59240, posted on 30-03-2020 at 10:24:03 (D | E)
Thank you for correcting me. I don't understand ...I am used to not obeying .......you wrote I am (present perfect).......

Re: Stopped/by police from gerondif, posted on 30-03-2020 at 10:57:07 (D | E)
Hello
I am writing.
I have been writing for two minutes, since eight to eleven.
For a long time, I have been used to...

Re: Stopped/by police from jack59240, posted on 30-03-2020 at 13:41:42 (D | E)
OK. Thanks a lot. Jack59240

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux