Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge 1 (1)

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only || Bottom

This topic is now closed. You can't post a new reply.

Triple Word Challenge 1
Message from jonquille posted on 12-07-2011 at 02:44:57
Triple Word Challenge!
Hello,

The French version of the game has helped me to improve my vocabulary , so I thought that it would be interesting to try it in English to help those learning English, and others! This “game” will have no winners initially, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules will start off much more basically because of my time constraints, but should the need arise and time permit, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (one sentence) or longer (3 or 4 lines).

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!).
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Text: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this first game: Friday 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

Let's begin this first game with the following words:
Noun: butterfly
Adjective: fragile
Verb: tumbling

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 16-07-2011 06:51
Game over; please go to number 2

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by aneth-estragon, posted on 12-07-2011 at 08:46:36
Good morning Jonquille! (oops ! )
You've just robbed me of the last few moments I was still spending daily away from the site...
Good luck!
I'll go butterfly-catching today, with my fragile net. Should anyone look for me, check under the tumbling wisteria !

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by dolfine56, posted on 12-07-2011 at 11:02:36
Hello Jonquille,
What a good idea ---hi, Aneth

That so fragile butterfly, called "silk-worm moth",likes hiding its beautiful colors among the tumbling and welcoming honeysuckle.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by violet91, posted on 12-07-2011 at 12:19:40
Nice to ' meet ' you here , jonquille and thank you for this creative game which should be attractive and good for anyone .

Here is my tuppence ( or two cents) touch ( I really mean touch, not word!).

---Before swooning and tumbling onto the bed of gorgeous heavenly blue flowers , the so fragile beautiful Lady from Japan was offered a bouquet of sweet butterfly kisses on her pretty face by her elegant and unique beloved , Lord Dragonfly .

Lien Internet
Thank you dear Lucile for leaving this link here.I don't think it will divert anyone's inspiration for writing.
And , at least, there is no award...so no danger of cannibalism.
xxxx

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 13-07-2011 11:49
Sorry dear, but here is the English Only Forum

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by lakata, posted on 12-07-2011 at 15:19:05
Hello Jonquille and thank you for giving us the opportunity of practicing English.

Here is a scoop...

I've been told that the scaffolding had come tumbling down after being hit by a fragile butterfly...I can't believe my ears !

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by aneth-estragon, posted on 12-07-2011 at 15:59:34
May I have a second go? Lakata inspired me!

Let's not put the blame on Little Red Flying Pierrot!
Once upon a time, there lived an exquisite and delicate Red Pierrot who was not aware of the butterfly effect. How on earth could he be held responsible for the tumbling down of entire cities if he had never even heard of it? Then the flickering thought fluttered through his mind, that human logic was based on assumptions sometimes more fragile than butterfly wings. And he lived happily ever after.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by jonquille, posted on 12-07-2011 at 19:22:22
Wow! Wonderful entries! I couldn't resist writing one myself, to combine everyone's ideas

When last seen, the fragile butterfly had escaped the net and was tumbling erratically towards the scaffolding, so nicely decorated by the cascading honeysuckle bush !

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by lakata, posted on 12-07-2011 at 22:07:31

!!!  

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 13-07-2011 11:57
English Only Forum...

-------------------
Edited by lakata on 13-07-2011 12:53

Thank you Lucile !

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by ng, posted on 13-07-2011 at 11:18:26
Hello Jonquille,

I am a newly-emerged butterfly in this game…so I am afraid that my fragile English language came tumbling out!

-------------------
Edited by ng on 14-07-2011 19:25
Thanks Jonquile!

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by lucile83, posted on 13-07-2011 at 11:26:46
Hello
Here is my fiction...

People in that village said a butterfly used to watch the naughty boys running everywhere, jumping over fences, tumbling down haystacks.Then the butterfly used to come and alight on a fragile flower in the parents’houses to warn them about their children's behaviour.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by ariane6, posted on 13-07-2011 at 12:13:43

Hello jonquille !   

A yellow butterfly flew past her and all the memories and feelings of her fragile youth kept tumbling down on her...

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 13-07-2011 12:54
English Only Forum

-------------------
Edited by ariane6 on 13-07-2011 15:11
Thank you lucile !

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by lakata, posted on 13-07-2011 at 14:22:04
Hello jonquille and co. !

Dull childhood...

When a child, I had poor health and a weak and fragile constitution. So I wasn't allowed to play with the other children who were tumbling round in the public gardens. All that had made me shy and at school, each time I was asked to go to the blackboard, I felt a bunch of butterflies tumbling about in my stomach and it was difficult to put up with.
- Not bad, lakata, you have just found the way to put a second "tumbling" (what do you say for :" Et de trois!" ?), but what is demanded is "butterfly", not its plural form - Alas, you are right and I have to find a trick...
Hum! Just an idea, all of a sudden...Here it is: And while going to the scaffold, no! to the blackboard, I thought "I wish I hadn't so many butterflies in my stomach! If only I had just one...One butterfly would be enough,
wouldn't it???"

P.S. It's been hard work and I feel so exhausted that I think you'll soon see me tumbling (et de quatre here is the fourth one! !)into my bed!!

Many thanks for answering my question, even anonymously
-------------------
Edited by lakata on 14-07-2011 10:27

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 14-07-2011 12:31

-------------------
Edited by lakata on 15-07-2011 09:29Post scriptum corrected thanks to jonquille and lucile. Thank you !
Hum...Is Latin allowed?

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 15-07-2011 09:54
You can write P.S. or postscript

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by ng, posted on 14-07-2011 at 10:28:24
Hello Jonquille,
May I try again ?

Did you ever see the metamorphosis of the caterpillar tumbling out of its cocoon to grow a fragile butterfly with iridescent wings?

Have a nice day !

-------------------
Edited by ng on 14-07-2011 15:21
Thanks to violet and aneth-estragon for helping me

Re: Triple Word Challenge 1 by jonquille, posted on 15-07-2011 at 23:44:39
Hello everyone!

As stated at the beginning, this game has no winners. However, I was truly impressed by the writing and the level of English shown by all! I'm not an English teacher, I just speak the language, so I will occasionally make a couple, or even a few mistakes, as well. I attempted to “catch” the errors I saw, but between time differences and schedules, I owe thanks to those of you who helped; in particular (looking at the “public” thanks on the site): aneth-estragon, lucile, ng, and violet91).

And a special thanks to both violet91 and aneth-estragon. You kept me busy researching butterfly names and the butterfly effect! As a final note, while teaching in an elementary school, I learned something interesting from the curriculum. Though both moths and butterflies create chrysalides, moths will then wrap themselves into a cocoon, but butterflies do not. They emerge from the chrysalis.

Challenge #2 will start Saturday...