Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Triple Word Challenge 3

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Triple Word Challenge 3
Message from jonquille posted on 21-07-2011 at 04:46:45 (D | E | F)
Hello,

The French version of the game has helped me to improve my vocabulary , so I thought that it would be interesting to try it in English to help those learning English, and others! This “game” will have no winners initially, it will merely be a means of displaying your knowledge and talent! Therefore, the rules will start off much more basically because of my time constraints, but should the need arise and time permit, rules may be adjusted or added.

RULES

Goal: Very simple! Create a text using the 3 words that have been given to you. The text may be short (20/40 words) or longer (60/80 words).

1) Who can participate?: All members from beginner to expert.
2) Word usage: Try to keep the words in the form in which they are given. However, since this is a game to help you improve your English, some changes to the words will be accepted (letters may be added/changed to correspond to the subject, verbs may be changed from singular to plural). For native English speakers, no changes to the words will be allowed.
3) Language usage: Texts should be correct (grammar, spelling, punctuation). Please make the text appropriate to the users of this site (remember they are of all ages!). You will receive a private message if your text has errors.
4) Texts: Entries may be surrealistic or “creative” but they must make sense logically!
5) Game end: Each game will finish on the date noted in red. Words for succeeding games will be chosen randomly from the texts of those who have participated in the current game.
6) Text: To make the words easier to find in the texts, please put the game words in blue.

Important!! Closing date for this game: Tuesday, 6 PM in New Hampshire, USA
(Your first challenge...what time is it for you when it is 6 PM in New Hampshire? )

Your next challenge – to put these words (taken from the TWC #2 texts) in 1-4 sentences:

Noun: lamb (from dolfine56)
Adjective: crumbling (from violet91)
Verb: redeem (from willy)

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from dolfine56, posted on 21-07-2011 at 15:22:22 (D | E)
Hi, Jonquille and all,
here is my try.

A very young lamb was jumping up and down in the green grass when he heard wailing coming from an old crumbling house. Following his own inclination,he rushed towards the house and discovered an old wolf with two broken legs. He licked the two legs, and ran back to the sheepfold for help.
That's how the little lamb was able to redeem the naughty wolf of the fable.
Lien Internet

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from aneth-estragon, posted on 21-07-2011 at 16:43:20 (D | E)
Hello Jonquille and all!

Her meal reached a crumbling stage even before her guests arrived.
"My lamb chops are over-grilled and will be cold in a moment, and I'm afraid there's nothing to redeem my custard... and what's an apple crumble without custard? Oh dear!"

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from benha, posted on 21-07-2011 at 17:06:22 (D | E)
Hi everybody,
In the morning : "We must restore the barn or one of our animals will die !"
At night :Boooom !!!
Oh my God ! the crumbling barn is demolished, thank God all the animals are saved...just the one poor lamb. What a pity !!
How can we redeem the owners for the cost of the animals ?

I want to thank a lot Jonquille for her help to make my sentences correct.
-------------------
Edited by benha on 21-07-2011 19:50

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from clairefr, posted on 21-07-2011 at 17:18:42 (D | E)
Hello,

Let's go for the third TWC !

Everybody in the village knows Mr. Smith. He lives in the crumbling yellow house near the river. He looks rough and ugly. Ten years ago, when he was drunk, he fought against the mayor's son who was severely injured. Since that day, even if he is sober and as gentle as a lamb, he is the outcast of the village. He doesn't know how to redeem himself.

Jonquille for this exercise !

-------------------
Edited by clairefr on 21-07-2011 22:17 Thanks again to Jonquille for her help !

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from la, posted on 21-07-2011 at 17:44:21 (D | E)
Hello everyone,

Here is the latest news from the "Daily Sheep" : a brave lamb has saved the whole flock ! When the hillside started crumbling, he guided the other sheep to a safe place. The little lamb who always used to get in trouble, wondered how he could redeem himself. His bravery has changed him. Now, he will be rewarded !

Here is my third ^^" (and perfectly corrected by Jonquille - thank you !) try. Thank you for this entertaining and useful exercise !

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from lakata, posted on 22-07-2011 at 12:36:46 (D | E)

Hello Jonquille!

I've just come back from the sales and I'm so annoyed that I'm crumbling...um!.. I mean grumbling! Actually clothes are essentially designed for the youth and also slim people. Although I've an eye for bargains, no way to find something suitable for a plump old - why not dare say "crumbling" ?- lady like me... No question of looking like mutton dressed as lamb! I'd be ridiculous and would have almost no chance to redeem myself in my friends' eyes!

-------------------
Edited by lakata on 22-07-2011 18:11
Once again, thank you dear jonquille!

What's next is only between lakata and me :"There is no point in being so proud of yourself when you post your text, lakata, given the unpredictable number of mistakes your favorite teacher jonquille finds each time in it..."

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from jonquille, posted on 22-07-2011 at 19:43:08 (D | E)
Shall I close my eyes? Maybe have the computer read the texts to me? ....Noooo, because then, I wouldn't see all the pretty colors here!

-------------------
Edited by jonquille on 22-07-2011 19:43

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from lakata, posted on 22-07-2011 at 20:57:59 (D | E)

You don't have to close your eyes, jonquille, since keeping them open is your job.
Don't worry : I will be brave !

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from violet91, posted on 23-07-2011 at 19:57:43 (D | E)
After a very busy week, hello dear all,

-It could have been an ordinary evening . That perfect loving wife turned, then, into a husband's* bright murderer.
Bang ! She realised her life was definitely crumbling. Patrick, back home, announced their marriage had become an entire wreckage and his immediate departure. Finding no way to redeem that, she planned a nice supper : a frozen leg of lamb would do. Actually, ,she swung it up, unemotionally, and hit her faithless sweetheart on the back of his head. She welcomed the investigation policemen , though . A perfect murder : no sign of a fight , no bruise , 'just' her dead bobby on the floor, no weapon either since she offered it to Patrick's colleagues for their relish and ours.

About 110 words, xxx . (so sorry, lucile) Inspired by Roald Dahl and A.Hitchcock. 'Lamb to the slaughter'

* Will there be another one ?

I have changed a few things to make the story clearer and it is longer in the end ! Sorry.(thanks , jonquille. By the way, I always use British English.xxxx

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 24-07-2011 19:29
A little too long...and English only forum

-------------------
Edited by violet91 on 24-07-2011 19:57

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from dolfine56, posted on 24-07-2011 at 10:42:03 (D | E)
Oh,My God!!! Violet,
I'm not ready to share a nice supper with you.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from lucile83, posted on 24-07-2011 at 13:39:31 (D | E)

Hello jonquille,

Here is my try...
The lamb escaped the crumbling old farm and ran to the neighbour's house to tell the nice children that the naughty farmer wanted to redeem himself by inviting them to a BBQ. The children then phoned the farmer and asked him to be kind enough to organise a party without any meat, which he agreed to do.They all spent a gorgeous afternoon together.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from lakata, posted on 24-07-2011 at 13:41:39 (D | E)
Hello all of you ! Hello Jonquille !

Once upon a time, there were adjectives and their terrible order...

Thanks to my rich old uncle's death, I've finally been able to redeem a lot of stuff from that ugly crumbling pawnshop, among them my lovely, small, three-month-old white lamb. So, I feel relieved...at least until Jonquille takes a look at this post...

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from jonquille, posted on 25-07-2011 at 15:48:41 (D | E)
Before closing this game (tomorrow), I thought I would put in my "two cents worth" -- combining both the words here and those from the French version of the game. And yes...I know, it's a little long...but still 100 words!

Here I sit under a tree,
A crumbling stone wall behind me.
A fleeting smell of fear in my nose,
The raucous calling of the crows,
The constant bleating of a lamb,
The sound of water tumbling over a nearby dam.

My scheme...was it a dream?
Would I be able to redeem
The promises I made to the bank?
Oh, how I sounded so frank
As they were badgering me with so many questions and details.
What will I do if my plan fails?

And it did...miserably!
So, now I'm planning where to flee,
as I sit here under a tree...

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from dolfine56, posted on 25-07-2011 at 21:44:04 (D | E)
Hi, Jonquille,

--- and ------

for that nice composition.

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from lakata, posted on 26-07-2011 at 11:40:32 (D | E)

I'd say "Bravissimo !", dear Jonquille, but Italian isn't allowed in this exclusively English forum...What a pity...!

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from matou94, posted on 26-07-2011 at 14:28:16 (D | E)
Hello everybody,
Thanks a lot Jonquille for this game, and for that composition !
I suggest this sentence :

I persuaded the judge that I was as innocent as the lamb who has just been born, but in face of my crumbling alibis, I was charged, and now I have to redeem myself.

-------------------
Edited by matou94 on 27-07-2011 12:23

Re: Triple Word Challenge 3 from jonquille, posted on 28-07-2011 at 15:15:34 (D | E)
Hello everyone!

Wonderful work done here! TWC #3 was challenging, yet it did not seem to stop the imagination of all the writers. I see that there are as many creative writers in English as there are in French! I congratulate all of you.

Good luck in TWC #4!

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux