Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Text/about China

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Text/about China
Message from zgqcn posted on 31-10-2011 at 08:21:23 (D | E | F)
Hello,

Would you be kind enough to tell me the grammar mistakes in the rewritten text?
Thanks a lot.

Original text from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL:
The study attributes some of China's preparedness to the fact that the country's citizens, well-know for their saving habits, are accustomed to socking their money away. While China has the highest expectancy of state-reliance for retirement, with 40% expecting to lean on government pension plans, additional saving for retirement has just become a way of live, the study said.

Rewritten text from my poor English:
The study attributes some of China's actuality to Chinese habit of saving money, they are famous for their saving. As China has the highest national reliance expectation on retirement, 40% of the people wish to depend on government pension plans, but saving for retirement has also become a way of life.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 31-10-2011 09:00

Re: Text/about China from stammer, posted on 07-11-2011 at 23:22:34 (D | E)
Evening,

Original text from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL:
The study attributes some of China's preparedness to the fact that the country's citizens, well-know for their saving habits, are accustomed to socking their money away. While China has the highest expectancy of state-reliance for retirement, with 40% expecting to lean on government pension plans, additional saving for retirement has just become a way of live (surely a typo?), the study said.

Rewritten text from in my poor English (it's not awful):
The study attributes some of China's actuality - (wrong word) to (article missing) Chinese habit of saving money, they are famous for their saving (I would say) "being big savers." As (this doesn't link with anything) China has "does have" (would better link with the 'but' to come) the highest national reliance expectation on retirement (this doesn't really work) "proportion of the population reliant on the state for their retirement" (would be better), 40% of the (not needed) people wish to (not needed) depend on government pension plans, but saving for retirement has also become a way of life.

I've only rewritten things where there's a real difficulty in expression, where there are missing articles/incorrect words I've left that for you to do.

James

Re: Text/about China from zgqcn, posted on 08-11-2011 at 02:09:00 (D | E)
Thank you, sir.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Suivre ce sujet]

Cours gratuits > Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux