Cours d'anglais gratuitsRecevoir 1 leçon gratuite chaque semaine // Créer un test
Connectez-vous !

Cliquez ici pour vous connecter
Nouveau compte
Des millions de comptes créés.

100% gratuit !
[Avantages]

Comme des milliers de personnes, recevez gratuitement chaque semaine une leçon d'anglais !

- Accueil
- Aide/Contact
- Accès rapides
- Lire cet extrait
- Livre d'or
- Nouveautés
- Plan du site
- Presse
- Recommander
- Signaler un bug
- Traduire cet extrait
- Webmasters
- Lien sur votre site

> Nos sites :
-Jeux gratuits
-Nos autres sites

Past tense/my story

Forum > English only || Bottom

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Past tense/my story
Message from san99 posted on 10-06-2012 at 22:52:03 (D | E | F)
Hello,

I have written a small story using the past tense (past tense, past perfect and past continuous). I have taken several tests about tenses, but when I write something by myself I feel a little confused with the construction of the clauses. Anyhow, I am writing one short story for you and I would appreciate if you could check it for the accuracy of the tenses and the verbs used in the sentences.
Thank you in advance for helping me .

I woke up around 8:30 am in the morning yesterday. When I looked at the clock I said “ Oh, I am getting late for the Yoga class and my teacher is going to punish me for this”. It wasn’t the first time for me to be late for the class and my teacher would get angry with me just because of the same reason: coming late to the class. Anyway, I brushed my teeth and put on my clothes immediately and went to catch my bus. As soon I reached there I was shocked to see that the bus had already left taking all the passengers from the bus stop. I sat on the bench and I was very worried. I had been waiting there for the next bus for an hour, but there was no sign of it. I felt so frustrated and disappointed, and I didn’t know what to do. Just then one car stopped near me and my friend Charlie called my name. I was very excited to see him, because we hadn’t seen each other for the long time. He asked me “What are you doing there alone?” I told him the whole story and requested him to give me a ride to the Yoga school. He smiled and said he would be very happy for that. He drove as faster as he could and we finally reached to the school. I handed over him my business card, which had my address and telephone number on it. He again smiled and waved his hand to say good bye.

-------------------
Edited by lucile83 on 10-06-2012 23:12

Re: Past tense/my story from gerondif, posted on 10-06-2012 at 23:09:25 (D | E)
Hello,

I woke up around 8:30 am in the morning yesterday. When I looked at the clock I said “ Oh, I am getting late for the Yoga class and my teacher is going to punish me for this”. It wasn’t the first time (for me to be) I was late for the class and my teacher would get angry with me just because of the same reason: coming late to the class. Anyway, I brushed my teeth and put on my clothes immediately and went to catch my bus. As soon as I reached there I was shocked to see that the bus had already left, taking all the passengers from the bus stop. I sat on the bench and I was very worried. I had been waiting (I waited)there for the next bus for an hour, but there was no sign of it. I felt so frustrated and disappointed, and I didn’t know what to do. Just then one a car stopped near me and my friend Charlie called my name. I was very excited (happy)(glad) to see him, because we hadn’t seen each other for the a long time. He asked me “What are you doing there (here) alone?” I told him the whole story and requested (asked) him to give me a ride to the Yoga school. He smiled and said he would be very happy to do that for that. He drove as faster as he could and we finally reached to the school. I handed him over my business card which had my address and telephone number on it. He smiled again and waved (his hand to say) good bye.

Re: Past tense/my story from san99, posted on 10-06-2012 at 23:14:38 (D | E)
Once again thank you for editing for my text.

Re: Past tense/my story from notrepere, posted on 10-06-2012 at 23:56:30 (D | E)
Hello

Here are some alternative suggestions in addition to the correction you already got:

I woke up around 8:30 am in the morning yesterday. When I looked at the clock I said “ Oh, I am getting am going to be late for the Yoga class and my teacher is going to punish me for this”. It wasn’t the first time for me to be I had been late for the class and my teacher would get angry with me just because of for the same reason: coming late to the class. Anyway, I brushed my teeth and put on my clothes immediately and went to catch my bus. As soon I reached got there I was shocked to see that the bus had already left taking all the passengers from the bus stop. I sat on the bench and I was very worried. I had been waiting there for the next bus for an hour, but there was no sign of it. I felt so frustrated and disappointed, and I didn’t know what to do. Just then one a car stopped near me and my friend Charlie called my name. I was very excited to see him, because we hadn’t seen each other for the a long time. He asked me “What are you doing there alone here by yourself?” I told him the whole story and requested him to that he give me a ride to the Yoga school. He smiled and said he would be very happy for to do that. He drove as faster as he could and we finally reached to the school. I handed over him my business card to him, which had my address and telephone number on it. He again smiled and waved his hand to say goodbye.

-------------------
Edited by notrepere on 11-06-2012 00:00

Re: Past tense/my story from san99, posted on 11-06-2012 at 02:01:17 (D | E)
Thank you for correcting the sentences. I will keep it in the mind.

[POST A NEW REPLY] [Subscribe to this topic]

Forum > English only

> INDISPENSABLES : TESTEZ VOTRE NIVEAU | GUIDE DE TRAVAIL | NOS MEILLEURES FICHES | Les fiches les plus populaires | Une leçon par email par semaine | Exercices | Aide/Contact

> INSEREZ UN PEU D'ANGLAIS DANS VOTRE VIE QUOTIDIENNE ! Rejoignez-nous gratuitement sur les réseaux :
Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | RSS | Linkedin | Email

> NOS AUTRES SITES GRATUITS : Cours de français | Cours de mathématiques | Cours d'espagnol | Cours d'italien | Cours d'allemand | Cours de néerlandais | Tests de culture générale | Cours de japonais | Rapidité au clavier | Cours de latin | Cours de provençal | Moteur de recherche sites éducatifs | Outils utiles | Bac d'anglais | Our sites in English

> INFORMATIONS : Copyright - En savoir plus, Aide, Contactez-nous [Conditions d'utilisation] [Conseils de sécurité] Reproductions et traductions interdites sur tout support (voir conditions) | Contenu des sites déposé chaque semaine chez un huissier de justice | Mentions légales / Vie privée | Cookies.
| Cours, leçons et exercices d'anglais 100% gratuits, hors abonnement internet auprès d'un fournisseur d'accès. | Livre d'or | Partager sur les réseaux